Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Unfortunately, there is only one of me... and just like Meteor Man, I can't be everywhere all of the time. :-) I try, though.

Don't worry Mr. Stephen, you'll like it here a lot more than SEGA forums. Anyway, I really look forward to the reveals at E3. ^^

I think he probably has to visit the SEGA forums as it's SEGA's official forum. He does visit here regularly though from what I've seen. :)

Unfortunately, there is only one of me... and just like Meteor Man, I can't be everywhere all of the time. :-) I try, though.
developers appear in forum and fansite. It's not common situation. Personality. I get delight that developers visit fansite and give a information directly, (but I can't understand why producer appears in fansite) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

developers appear in forum and fansite. It's not common situation. Personality. I get delight that developers visit fansite and give a information directly, (but I still have a question that why developers visit fansite for Sonic Boom, which sales would be sluggish (I think they already know this game sales won't be good Of course) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

And yet you continue to assume that you have any knowledge of it whatsoever.

Maybe they're just trying to interact with the fanbase and be friendly, as well as clear up speculation...?

Ahem. In any case, it's nice to see Stephen around! And to know that this continuity will still harbor aspects from home, even if they're not being utilized or etc.

This comparison has been brought up time and time again, but Sonic Boom has been likened to Marvel's Ultimate Universe ever since it was made clear that it would exist in parallel with the main series. It's more of a re-imagining, set in an alternate universe.

Who knows, maybe we'll even be down for a crossover with the Sonic universe we know and love at some point. Hey, if Bendis could bring Amazing and Ultimate Spider-Man together for "Spider-Men", I see no reason why we can't get a similar scenario with both Hedgehogs somewhere down the line. Maybe for another anniversary title, perhaps? 

• Thumbs Up 6

This actually looks kind of sweet. The models are a bit weird but I will look past it. Also I actually think the title is amazing. Like a Sonic CD throwback.

Thats not really a throw-back since its just a title and not really anything showing that they're using the actual song. Its more of a literal phrase that references Sonic's ability to run faster than the speed of Sound.

Chaos Emeralds could still appear. Not sure if I'm late to the party or not, but news'd it anyway.

You are a little bit but we will let that slide for now.  Yep, the emeralds could still appear in the universe.  This is great news to me because it means that they are not putting all their eggs into one basket and turning the emeralds into an annoying MacGuffin like they have been in previous games.  It also helps in my opinion to expand the universe that Boom has already showed us.

Think about it, we have the rumored Echidna tribe that is in this game which might show signs of characters such as Chaos and the Chao, along with the actual Echidnas themselves who for all we know might study magic or something among those lines.

It is awesome news in my opinion.

Honestly, this just won't feel like a Sonic game without Knuckles' old design. I wasn't exactly thrilled at Amy's, Sonic's and my re-design but seriously, Knuckles has been taking steroids?! This is dark. Really dark.

Thank goodness it's just a spinoff!

Yay! I love my fanart!

Honestly, this just won't feel like a Sonic game without Knuckles' old design. I wasn't exactly thrilled at Amy's, Sonic's and my re-design but seriously, 

It won't feel like a modern Sonic game, no. It'll feel like a Sonic Boom game.

I wasn't exactly thrilled at Amy's, Sonic's and my re-design but seriously, Knuckles has been taking steroids?! This is dark. Really dark.

You know that isn't the canon, right? He hasn't actually been on 'roids -- that's just a joke.

Thank goodness it's just a spinoff!

It isn't. It's an alternate/parallel universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, this just won't feel like a Sonic game without Knuckles' old desig!

Even though the characters are still somewhat modeled in the same style as SEGA Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, this just won't feel like a Sonic game without Knuckles' old design.

Yay! I love my fanart!

This just wont feel like sonic boom woithout knuckles new design.

I prefer all the new designs over the old ones and my only gripe is I wish they all had more drastic changes since they all have barely been touched. But hey anythings better than them  looking exactly the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Drastic changes? They're not suppose to be drastic changes, if they were there'd be no reason to actually keep them the same characters.

We want to be able to tell that they're still the same.

Drastic changes? They're not suppose to be drastic changes, if they were there'd be no reason to actually keep them the same characters.

We want to be able to tell that they're still the same.

Perhaps drastic was the wrong word. I should have said I wanted something less subtle that tails getting a toolbelt and sonic getting a scarf.

Like what exactly? A hat?

Luckily its not my job to design the characters.

I told you I would have preferred bigger changes, I dont see what this has to do with me giving you ideas for what those changes could be

That all said I probably would like knuckles with a hat.

Also I really hope that this is a sonic series where we can get costume changes within episode and games so that it can stop being such a big deal and it would be coolsmile.png .

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but...

Thank you for leaving in the scene with Tails and the bees. I know it's going to make a lot of people, especially Tails fans, unhappy, but I really think it's for the best.

…what's RubyEclipse talking about…?

Luckily its not my job to design the characters.

I told you I would have preferred bigger changes, I dont see what this has to do with me giving you ideas for what those changes could be

That all said I probably would like knuckles with a hat.

Also I really hope that this is a sonic series where we can get costume changes within episode and games so that it can stop being such a big deal and it would be coolsmile.png

Sonic and Knuckles were originally gonna have pants. I know many will disagree with me on this, but I'd have kinda liked to see that, at least on Knuckles (Sonic getting pants probably would have caused the whole fan base to spontaneously combust). Hey, it's an alternate universe, why not go all out with the designs?

• Thumbs Up 2