Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Now for something strange regarding the DVD release of Boom. It's been classified in Australia. However although it contains a G rating...the website warns of coarse language?! Wha?!

You can read the details of it here

Now things to keep in mind, Shadow the Hedgehog's rating (PG) never mentioned coarse language, despite it's constant use of damn and hell throughout the game. So what sort of word could Boom possibly have to cause this?!

6 hours ago, Lhancat said:

Now for something strange regarding the DVD release of Boom. It's been classified in Australia. However although it contains a G rating...the website warns of coarse language?! Wha?!

You can read the details of it here

Now things to keep in mind, Shadow the Hedgehog's rating (PG) never mentioned coarse language, despite it's constant use of damn and hell throughout the game. So what sort of word could Boom possibly have to cause this?!

"YOU FOOLS"

and Amy sauce.

Well, it's been a while, but here's my review of Buster. I really did want to do episode reviews every day, and I still do, but, like I said, they take time and effort to do. Unfortunately, I find myself getting depressed a lot, and when that happens I really can't bring myself to watch and enjoy a show I normally like, much less make a review out of it. However, I will still be doing these reviews when I can, it just won't be consistently daily like I'd have liked. Anyway, without further ado:

Sonic Boom Episode 4 Review: Buster

If I had to sum Buster up in one word, it would be "repetitive." Throughout the whole thing, all the titular Buster (who is introduced as a "cluster," yet later turns out to be a robot created by Eggman (what a shock), so what the heck is a "cluster"???) does is constantly make a mess of things, causing the everyone but Sticks to dislike him, including me. While I suppose Buster's design is kind of cute, I really don't like anything else about him. I don't like how he's constantly messing up the other's activities (I felt especially bad for Knuckles, since what happened to him really does happen), I don't like how Sticks is completely blind to the misery he's causing, and I don't like how pretty much the only way he makes a mess of things is by vomiting. 

That's the only "joke" throughout most of the episode, from Buster's introduction to Eggman's reappearance, that Buster vomits on things, annoying the other characters and making a mess. Sure, he's actually throwing up slime rather than stomach contents, but it's still a vomit joke, which just feels very out of place in Sonic to me. It's not that the vomit jokes couldn't be funny, but a vomit joke in Sonic feels a lot like having a fart joke in Sonic. Even if you made the funniest and most well-timed fart joke ever, it would still be a fart joke in a Sonic cartoon, and it just doesn't belong there. Neither does a puke joke, at least not of the non-discretion variety, even if it is slime. I could forgive the puke jokes being out of place if they were funny, but they're not, at all, not even the first time, and reusing the same joke over and over doesn't make it any more funny. The only one I kind of liked was when Buster ended up on Amy's head and started throwing up slime all over her, which could have actually been funny thanks to Amy's reaction, but by that point the "joke" had really worn itself thin. It doesn't help that the slime was really terribly animated. This show can't do good liquid effects in general, so I don't know what made the crew think they could get away with doing a plot that would require a lot of them.

There are some smaller things in this episode that bug me, too. For one, the sound goes out of synch in the last act, which is really distracting. I also really don't like the design of the ice cream man. I know he's in other episodes, but he was introduced in this one, so I'm going to talk about him here. Basically, he's just Wild Cat colored blue, which makes me wonder why they couldn't just use Wild Cat as is. He seems to have a different job in every episode, anyway, and I think him and the ice cream man even share a voice. What really bothers me, though, is that if the animators had to make a different character using Wild Cat's model, why did they make him blue? I feel you can get away with colors like that if the character hardly looks anything like the animal they're based on, like Sonic or Knuckles, but Wild Cat looks a lot more like a real cat, so to make him blue just doesn't look right. Tails looks like a real fox, minus the second tail, and he's yellow, which looks a lot better than if they made him, say, green. Also, this episode has an animation error like in Translate This, and it's rather distracting (and disturbing) once you notice it:

Spoiler

sonic_boom__buster_by_tanyatackett-d8uki

Overall, the episode was repetitive, boring and slightly annoying, and the only thing I really liked about it was Eggman. He's pretty much this episode's saving grace, and I especially liked his "back-scratcher" joke. However, even he couldn't save this one. Buster gets a 4/10, and it's easily the worst episode of Sonic Boom (though there are some that come pretty close). 

I have to say, though, the fact that this is Sonic Boom's worst episode is pretty awesome for the writers, since there are better shows out there with much worse episodes. This episode's annoying, but it's not straight up frustrating with any bad messages or anything, so good on you, Sonic Boom writers. This episode may be a "Buster," but at least it's not a "Scumbob.":P

• Thumbs Up 1

So this may or may not work for you. 

Go to this link: http://www.toybook.com/TOY_2-16.html

Go to page 133 and just wait a moment.

A video advertisement will play.

One of them is a demo of how those Sonic Boom greetings invites which were announced a while ago. 

They're actually... not too bad, certainly much better than I expected them to turn out.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Detective Mikgenes said:

CbxtJnQUEAAWEH9.jpg:large

Looks like we are getting season 2 early :)

Source please.

Just now, Detective Mikgenes said:

OMG Season 2 will probably come when Fire and Ice comes out (it said Fall 2016)

Welp, you sure are right about that! But hopefully, things will go A LOT better this time then what happened with RoL and SC.

17 minutes ago, Detective Mikgenes said:

CbxtJnQUEAAWEH9.jpg:large

Looks like we are getting season 2 early :)

I would hardly consider that "early" so much as "yeah, that sounds about right," considering season one started airing in late fall last year.

Still, great news. I pretty much already figured that we'd be getting season 2 later this year to coincide with the release of Fire and Ice, but it is nice to get confirmation that we will indeed be getting S2 this fall. Now we just need a trailer...

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally, we have a decent timeframe for when season two is out. Heck, it's a confirmation of season two from a merchandising ally to SEGA, so that without a shadow of a doubt confirms it's in production if that one French news article didn't already. I can't wait!

Also of note in these images-- Boom is headed to Hulu this spring. If this means we'll get a larger audience for the show, I'm happy!

Well, Bill's confirmed it. Any doubts somehow hanging on at this point have officially been pulverized into nonexistence.

Also, "plenty of surprises"? I'm intrigued.

With the news confirmed, I went ahead and changed the topic title.

Pretty interesting to hear a partnership with Hulu is happening, but CN is still involved. I'm guessing Hulu will be picking up the series for streaming, and maybe new episodes will be added once they are broadcast. That should help the show quite a bit, actually.

Well, here's hoping that season two is a big improvement, since season one left me a bit cold.

I hope Bill doesn't get into trouble about this.

This news wasn't announced, it got leaked, yet he seems to think it's an official announcement.

27 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Well, Bill's confirmed it. Any doubts somehow hanging on at this point have officially been pulverized into nonexistence.

Also, "plenty of surprises"? I'm intrigued.

Yeah, I wonder what he means by that? My guess is more Edge.

tumblr_ny4kkaak4H1reiq0ho1_500.png

Seriously, though, I do hope season two has more Shadow. I know some people were unsatisfied with his portrayal in episode 52, but, considering he only got to appear in one episode, I'm not surprised he was pretty much a walking Ow the Edge joke. If he gets more appearances in season 2, though, the writers will have time to get used to writing Shadow, and he may even get a bit of development, hopefully making (almost) everyone happy.

Besides, it'll be nice to finally have a (recurring) games character in Sonic Boom besides just the Core Four and Eggman. Oh, and Orbot and Cubot.

• Thumbs Up 5

13 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

I hope Bill doesn't get into trouble about this.

This news wasn't announced, it got leaked, yet he seems to think it's an official announcement.

While I guess there's been no formal announcement yet, if the information was made publicly available at a toy fair, I wouldn't really call that a leak.

Unless there's an information embargo, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Just now, Zaysho said:

While I guess there's been no formal announcement yet, if the information was made publicly available at a toy fair, I wouldn't really call that a leak.

Erm... about that.

The event is a trade event only, it's quite highly restrictive, which is why I didn't bother to ask if anyone could go for us. 

Tomy's booth is walled, meaning you can't just walk into it. 

How this guy took all these pictures without being stopped I don't know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Erm... about that.

The event is a trade event only, it's quite highly restrictive, which is why I didn't bother to ask if anyone could go for us. 

Tomy's booth is walled, meaning you can't just walk into it. 

How this guy took all these pictures without being stopped I don't know. 

Ah, I see. I kind of assumed it was open to the public if someone was just able to go in and snap pictures, but I guess not.

Welp. Never mind.

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Ah, I see. I kind of assumed it was open to the public if someone was just able to go in and snap pictures, but I guess not.

Welp. Never mind.

It's one of those grey areas.

If there's a sign saying 'no photos' you can't take pics.

You also can't question someone or take pictures and then publish them without declaring you are a journalist. 

However, if you stand there with a camera and take photos and nobody stops you even if they see you.... yeah not sure how that works.

>Season 2 confirmed

>Coming Fall 2016

Welp, we have to wait a wee bit more, but I can see why, still excited on what sort of suprises are awaiting us! I kinda guessed it would take place after Fire and Ice...

Wonder if we'll get to see more appearances of Shadow and Metal but I dunno.

4 minutes ago, Detective Zebra said:

>Season 2 confirmed

>Coming Fall 2016

Welp, we have to wait a wee bit more, but I can see why, still excited on what sort of suprises are awaiting us! I kinda guessed it would take place after Fire and Ice...

Wonder if we'll get to see more appearances of Shadow and Metal but I dunno.

I sure hope so! I really want to see more of those two. 

And Perci.

220x123-Jtk.jpg

And Charlie.

12224558_1671828133101323_604584046_n.jp

Oh, and one mustn't forget Random-ass Tiger!

latest?cb=20160113115900

So many characters that didn't get the chance to be developed! Hopefully season 2 will give them the treatment they deserve!

• Thumbs Up 2