Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Sonic Boom will premire in Canada on the channel; "Family Charged" In case you don't know what that channel is, Its a rebranded version of Disney XD. It premires on October 24th. Not sure what time though.

After all the hilarious misadventures Team Sonic and Eggman have had, I wanted nothing else but a second season.

Now that we have it, I am looking forward to more hilarity, more action sequences, and more Shadow and Metal Sonic (hopefully).

Thank you for not giving up on this show, SEGA and OuiDO!. It just goes to show... you can't keep a good hedgehog down.

Sonic Boom will premire in Canada on the channel; "Family Charged" In case you don't know what that channel is, Its a rebranded version of Disney XD. It premires on October 24th. Not sure what time though.

Good news for our neighbors to the north!

Well, that's kinda cool and all, I guess, but I would still like it if the second season has more episodes that are actually serious in tone. Having nothing but comedic and slice-of-life stuff gets rather boring after a while, and the show would benefit greatly from having some variety for once.

• Thumbs Up 9

Well, that's kinda cool and all, I guess, but I would still like it if the second season has more episodes that are actually serious in tone. Having nothing but comedic and slice-of-life stuff gets rather boring after a while, and the show would benefit greatly from having some variety for once.

That is true so here's soping for that but it's a comedy so if it doesn't atleast I'll have the jokes to keep me entertained.

This is old but... this has come to light.

Using the old Logo, pics are from 2013.

• Thumbs Up 6

Seems MIPCOM has had more significance with Boom than I thought.

Not exactly, MIPCOM is where all TV Shows MUST go if they want to be shown outside of the country of origin. 

Boom has been advertised there for the last 3 years.

The images of the old logo are old news, they've been on TSS before, but these specific images have only just come to light.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's the thing though. If I had known Boom was getting advertised and keynote speeches by their distributors were being done there I would've paid more attention to MIPCOM for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's the thing though. If I had known Boom was getting advertised and keynote speeches by their distributors were being done there I would've paid more attention to MIPCOM for sure.

So what you're saying is you dun goofed again, come on Donnie up your game man!

Good to know that season 2 was announced, now I'm hoping that they'll make it better than season 1. Comedy is fine and all, but there should be some episodes where there's actual seriousness put into the mix of things. Wishful thinking though.

Don't waste your time. 

MIPCOM is an amazingly closed event, just getting a press pass costs hundreds of Euro's, Vs Brand Licensing events which are free to register for.

Unless someone is naughty and posts a pic on twitter or accidentally mentions something in a blog you won't find out about it.

Well it wouldn't have taken three days after MIPCOM to find out about the season 2 renewal that's for sure. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Confirmation that it's airing on Family CHRGD in Canada.

6jqPivO.png

Also, it seems the show is officially set on Bygone Island.

We may know what's the name of the island but what's the name of the village?!

Sonic's Village.

Located on the planet Sonic's World.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm just hoping that they actually go to new locations on Bygone Island. A variety in the environment would be at least appreciated.

Edited by Omega Pipe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's Village.

Located on the planet Sonic's World.

No silly, it's called "Unnamed Village". Haven't you saw Chez Amy?

• Thumbs Up 5

We may know what's the name of the island but what's the name of the village?!

I'm pretty sure it was actually called an unnamed village in one of the episodes. Damn, you answered first.

Anyway, judging by the description, RoL is canon.

Edited by GoldfishGroup
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure it was actually called an unnamed village in one of the episodes. Damn, you answered first.

Anyway, judging by the description, RoL is canon.

To some extent, yeah. I mean we did see Fastidious, Perci, Salty, Earl (Foreman Fred in the game) and Mayor Fink in both the show and game. The hub of the village in the game looks relatively similar to the show's version (except you know, the town actually has people in the show). 

To some extent, yeah. I mean we did see Fastidious, Perci, Salty, Earl (Foreman Fred in the game) and Mayor Fink in both the show and game. The hub of the village in the game looks relatively similar to the show's version (except you know, the town actually has people in the show). 

Also, Amy name-dropped the Ancients in "Sleeping Giant" when stating info about the species Rocky is, so there's that.

Plus, there's the sudden appearances of Metal and Shadow, who were previously game-exclusive.

The village in the actually has a browner color scheme compared to the show (probably due to reusing textures from the other levels) and the gutter is missing, but it's pretty accurate to OuiDo's concept art. Also, the gray Ancient staues you commonly see in the background are used in the Ancient Research Lab level.

Salty and Perci have different voice actors, but that's probably to keep the budget down by reusing the voice actors they already have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Amy name-dropped the Ancients in "Sleeping Giant" when stating info about the species Rocky is, so there's that.

Plus, there's the sudden appearances of Metal and Shadow, who were previously game-exclusive.

That's true as well but Shadow and Metal appeared in Shattered Crystal as well though Metal was barely there along with Eggman.

That's true as well but Shadow and Metal appeared in Shattered Crystal as well though Metal was barely there along with Eggman.

Honestly, SC felt like a sequel to RoL except nobody knew Lyric.