Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Honestly, SC felt like a sequel to RoL except nobody knew Lyric.

So it's not really a sequel then but rather its own game and timeline.

Yeah, can we just pretend the Boom games aren't entirely canon to the show. It's quite obvious it will be a mess to figure it out.

So it's not really a sequel then but rather its own game and timeline.

Yeah, can we just pretend the Boom games aren't entirely canon to the show. It's quite obvious it will be a mess to figure it out.

Yeah, it's sort of a mess, but i take RoL as canon over SC because it establishes more than SC doesand the Metal Sonic episode kinda assumes you played it.

On a semi-unrelated note, I posted some ways the games connect to the show in this reddit thread.

I'm so glad the show was renewed. Hopefully now Cartoon Network won't slack off with getting the episodes aired evenly with France. Hopefully they actually advertise the show, give it better showtimes and reruns as well. I wonder how long it will take to see more episodes. I hope it will be worth the wait, I don't want any more episodes that feel rushed. 

I'm just hoping that they actually go to new locations on Bygone Island. A variety in the environment would be at least appreciated.

I know, there are so many fun episode ideas that could be made out of the characters exploring new areas, like a ski resort, or snowy region, a mall, a big city, etc. I was always shocked there weren't many jungle related episodes in the series. I wanted to see episodes where the gang would explore deep inside the jungle, and get into real dangerous situations, or make interesting discoveries. Most of the time when the jungles were featured, they were just brief, or just there as a background. In Into the Wilderness for example, it felt more like a safe hike through the woods, and they didn't really get into real perilous situations of things lurking in the jungle. The only real harm that happened to any of them was Sonic getting his foot on fire, but that was his own doing. 

Hard to believe the show is almost a year old already. 

Still better than the lack of communication between Sega Japan and Sega of America, back in the early 1990s. I can't imagine how confused Japan was, when they saw how they made Tails brown, changed Eggman's appearance and name to Robotnik, and made Sonic a girlfriend named Sally, while even having the nerve to change Amy's name to Princess Sally in the first english manuals to Sonic CD. It eventually came to a point where they got fed up with letting each region do their own thing, and they finally decided to work closer and better with the other divisions. They even tried ending the whole Eggman/Robotnik confusion by making Robotnik his last name, while giving Eggman a nickname which eventually evolved into his preferred name. Even after that, people falsely claim "His name was always Robotnik" Boy are they wrong, even the English version of Sonic 2 left in a remainder of the Japanese version to prove his name was always Eggman for starters. The side of Eggman's giant ship from the final level has the name "Eggman" written in big letters! 

Eeehh, Sega of Japan and Sega of America today still has a lot of communication issues, especially regarding localizations.

Nice to hear the show is getting renewed. One thing they need to change in S2 is to make Eggman a little more threatening. I know he is meant to be comedic in this show, but he's still the villain. I'm sick of seeing him buddy up with Sonic all the time. Just because Eggman is comic-relief in this show doesn't mean he can't be evil too. Take AoStH for example. It was one of the most ridiculous, silly portrayals of Eggman ever, but he was still a force to be rekoned with. In one episode, he built a device to freeze mobius, in another, he built a super-prison full of traps. He built a time machine as part of a world domination plot, too. Every episode he had a new elaborate scheme to take over mobius, and a lot of times he almost won. Usually Scratch and Grounder's stupidity would help Sonic achieve victory at the last minute. He was childish, quirky, funny, ego-driven and weird, but you still got the sense he was evil and must be stopped. What was great about Eggman in that show was he was always trying something new and elaborate, while his Boom counterpart just tosses the same group of robots at Sonic, who quickly smashes them, and that's it. Boom Eggman never tries to rule the world, it's always about a personal vendetta against Sonic. I don't find the Boom version of Eggman threatening at all. He's funny, has a cool lair, but I can't really buy him as the villain. That needs to change in S2.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good, glad to hear they're making a second season.

Now give us less comedy, more action, LONGER episodes (I can't stress this enough), more locations besides village, beach and jungle and bring in other Sonic characters like Rouge, Blaze and Omega! Sonic Boom is good and all, but I don't think I could survive through another 52 episodes of mainly comedic hijinks and randomness lulz.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eeehh, Sega of Japan and Sega of America today still has a lot of communication issues, especially regarding localizations.

I said "still better", not they're perfect.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for other main series characters appearing in Boom, like ever. SEGA seem to have it as a direct rule that they can't be used. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Fuzzy Puppy Buddies was such a good episode. It's about time they make an Amy focused episode that actually portrayed her well. Amy wasn't bossy or negative, and was back to her cute and peppy self. I found it strange for Tails to tell Amy that Fuzzy Puppies sound so lame, because he's the one that has a fandom for something called Hello Doggy... You'd think Tails would appreciate a strategy game. I'll admit that Amy and Eggman's guilty love for the Fuzzy Puppies was rather cute and entertaining, although complicated.

Too bad the script reading from that Sonic Boom Fan Convention did a funnier job at reading the preview of the scene where Amy reveals Eggman's secret and hers to the gang. The lines were delivered a lot funnier during that, in the final version, the actors sounded half asleep in comparison. It was still a funny scene though. I loved how the gang had a look on their face like "they knew Sonic loved Amy all along" after Sonic tried hiding his jealousy over the thought of Amy dating someone. 

The Fuzzy Puppy convention scenes weren't bad either, and I'm sure a lot of the Sonic Boom fans liked seeing Amy interacting with Zooey. In season 2, they need to make an episode where the 2 start hanging out more often, which makes Tails and Sonic curious if they're talking about them. Eggman's desperate negotiations with the walrus kid were kind of funny, especially when Lady Walrus came up and claimed Eggman to have no sense of child safety, only for her to see her other kid up on a dangerous height, which of course gets her to once again shout "My Baby!" 

The part where Dave is arrested and said "Don't tase me bro!" along with Knuckles' CSI Miami reference was pretty funny. The ending was a bit surprising. After Amy wins the challenge with Eggman, and requires Eggman to give the kid back his poodle, Eggman refuses, which caused Amy to threaten that they are no longer Fuzzy Puppy Buddies. It was surprising to see Eggman actually still wanted Amy to be his Puppy Buddy, and he actually gives in. So the episode ends implying that Amy and Eggman's awkward secret about playing a strategy game is still going on, when they're not battling.

The episode was both cute and funny. Although the gang were a bit mean towards Amy at the beginning, it was nice to see them be more kind and concerned throughout the episode. They looked upset when Amy wouldn't join them, and it even showed how much the gang cares for her, when Sonic mentions how the week has felt slow, only for them to realize Amy wasn't with them, which made their week less fun. They even went to the length of spying on her, to make sure she's ok. They even stuck around for Amy's challenge against Eggman, and looked concerned when she was seemingly losing. It feels nice to finally see an episode where the gang isn't against Amy, and where Amy isn't too bossy. Too  bad Cabin Fever will change that though, because the gang were pretty rude towards Amy and her house in that one. Although the ending to that was pretty sweet, there is a little moment at the very end that kind of ruins it. 

So, was "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies" worth the wait? Definitely. Like a lot of scenarios in this cartoon, I never thought I'd see Amy and Eggman bond over a tabletop game involving canines.

Some of my favorite parts include Amy playing the game by herself, Lady Walrus calling out Eggman on his disregard for children's safety while still being ignorant enough not to keep an eye on her youngest son, and Eggman being utterly heartbroken to the point of giving up on his evil plot when Amy-- one of the people he regularly tries to destroy along with her friends-- threatens to end her Fuzzy Puppy friendship with him.

Also, I liked when an Amy-less Team Sonic discusses how slow the week has been for them and suspect they're not part of something, even stating that usually when something happens, it revolves around one of them... which is how they figure out Amy is doing something behind their backs. Clever bit of meta-humor there.

It makes me happy we're getting another season of wacky misadventures like this.

• Thumbs Up 3

i cant tell, did megamax and minimax get the rigths just now?

From the TSSZ article:

The broadcasting rights for the show have been purchased by Discovery Kids (Italy) and MEGAMAX / Minimax (Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Czech Republic, Slovakia).

So yeah, looks like it. Unless you mean "just now" as in recently, in which case I'm not sure.

Edited by GhostlyWind

The memes were strong with this one.

And Eggman was late because he was "polishing his schnauzer."

*snicker*

As far as a second season of Boom, I'm all for it. The series started off decent, started petering out a ways in, and now seems to be consistently good. Anyone notice a distinct lack of Sticks as of late? That may be what's contributing to the quality for me. I hate her so much.

What I'd like to see in the second season.
-More Sonic characters. The show's managed to do well so far with it's limited cast, but the gang really needs more characters to bounce off of than the townspeople.
-More townsfolk. I know it's a small town, but it gets old seeing the walrus lady, the mayor, Dave the Intern, Mike the Ox, etc. implausibly at every single event because the writers haven't created enough townsfolk to keep things interesting.
-Full-length episodes. Adventures of Sonic, despite it's goofiness, managed to pull off 65 22-minute episodes without any of them feeling terribly forced or lacking in content. If that goofy show could do it, I don't see why Boom couldn't.
-Find some way to make Sticks work. On one hand, she's supposed to be the poster girl for this series, so she should be featured a fair amount. On the other, her paranoid schizophrenic act is annoying and unfunny, so if they could focus more on other aspects of her character, that'd be ideal. 

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

Okay well I popped in here just to check out some things. Thanks Diamond Z for informing me about the article for Boom in Eastern Europe.

I just wanted to say that the article posted on TSSZ is wrong. I don't know who the source is from but, it mentions Greece in that article. And it says that in Greece, it will air on Cartoon Network. Well, about that. Um, Greece hasn't had Cartoon Network for almost 3 years now. It got shut down January 2013 due to the economy. Since it shared the same broadcast as the Middle East and Africa, I assume they listed it anyway. 

Well anyway, if it does end up on CN in those areas, I guess Greece will be the last to get the show, seeing as how it would be up for local channels to get the rights. And since there's only one local channel that shows cartoons (called Star) and it's very slow with getting them, I predict a 2016 date. Also, even if Greece had CN, the dub wouldn't come until Star got the rights anyway since everything aired in English with Greek subs there. Same can be said with the Middle East. They have Arabic subs, so no dubs until local channels get it.

So yeah, there's some trivia for you. I feel I ranted a bit too much. Main point is, article is incorrect. Greece doesn't have CN. :L

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuzzy Puppy Buddies! I thought Tails' Crush won the most adorable episode in the show..... and it still is but this episode is a darn close second for sure!

Amy and Eggman, the most unlikely of friendships has been fully established in this episode though it did started with Fortress of Squalitude. The interactions between the two is great, Amy teaching Eggman who to play the game is actually quite interesting to see and enjoyable as well, seeing Eggman having the time of his life obliterating his opponents like Dave, Zooey and Fastidious.  Also while the Sonic and the others didn't have a strong appearance in the episode, they had their highlights. Sonic shocked that Amy might be on a date and he quickly rejects it, Knuckles going all CSI was great, Tails' sudden thought process being a meta joke was also funny and overall, it ended pretty well even with a pretty abrupt ending. Amy and Eggman really stood out in this episode!

But yeah, curious to see how Designated Heroes turns out. Aww man, 5 episodes until it's over until the second season comes..... :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay well I popped in here just to check out some things. Thanks Diamond Z for informing me about the article for Boom in Eastern Europe.

I just wanted to say that the article posted on TSSZ is wrong. I don't know who the source is from but, it mentions Greece in that article. And it says that in Greece, it will air on Cartoon Network. Well, about that. Um, Greece hasn't had Cartoon Network for almost 3 years now. It got shut down January 2013 due to the economy. Since it shared the same broadcast as the Middle East and Africa, I assume they listed it anyway. 

Well anyway, if it does end up on CN in those areas, I guess Greece will be the last to get the show, seeing as how it would be up for local channels to get the rights. And since there's only one local channel that shows cartoons (called Star) and it's very slow with getting them, I predict a 2016 date. Also, even if Greece had CN, the dub wouldn't come until Star got the rights anyway since everything aired in English with Greek subs there. Same can be said with the Middle East. They have Arabic subs, so no dubs until local channels get it.

So yeah, there's some trivia for you. I feel I ranted a bit too much. Main point is, article is incorrect. Greece doesn't have CN. :L

I wonder if there are more mistakes in the article.

And Megamax, im waiting for the trailer, our version better be good... i mean, all the shows have good va on megmax, but still, most of the cartoon are translated on mm from the french dubs, so i hope you choose the voices well

Its really weird that we get it on megamax instead of cn/ boomerang, but its not the first time ( we got xiaolin chronicles on cn instead of disney xd, but thats because  we dont have xd)

You know that bit about Greece didn't come from me but from LER's keynote speech, right? I was merely quoting them as they gave the list.

Edited by SSF1991

Sonic Boom is getting a second season?!

KGay6SA.gif?1
PARTY TIME! :D

Seriously, this is great news! Issues aside I've really enjoyed this cartoon overall and I hope the second season of Sonic Boom will be even better! Now, before I get too carried away...Onward with my take on Episode 47! ;)

"Fuzzy Puppy Buddies"-I've really been looking forward to seeing this episode since I heard a live reading of a scene from this episode from the cast as I attended Sonic Boom 2014. It was hilarious then and it was still hilarious to me over a year later as the rest of the episode was. This was an episode that gave Amy some good characterization, which is something I felt she sorely needed as of late.  Amy and Dr. Eggman's interaction was great as well as was the latter's antics in both being overly passionate and a bad sport in regards to Fuzzy Puppies :)

Additional observations for this Sonic Boom episode are as follows:

SFUKrcE.jpg?1
Sonic, Tails Knuckles and Sticks catch Amy in a silly self-celebration. Upon Amy mentioning the name of the game and the rest of Team Sonic laughing as a result-I'm not sure why Tails is laughing after he was squealing after getting a "Hello Doggy" pen to go with his "Hello Doggy" notebook in Episode 40 ("Tails' Crush") :P

hgMcsoK.png?1

Amy joining the local "Fuzzy Puppy Meetup" at Meh Berger which includes Dave the Intern, Fastidious Beaver and Zooey! Zooey was standing next to Tails later on in the episode! ^_^ I was cracking up when Fastidious called Amy a "Noob". Not only did I never expect to hear that word in this cartoon, but definitely not to hear it come from HIM of all people! :D

peKhYhA.jpg?1
Dr. Eggman and Amy setting up a meeting for a Fuzzy Puppy session-in mid-battle?! Hilarious! :P

alfgNHv.jpg?1
Amy ditching her friends for the third time this week...she needs to find a better excuse than 'watering her cat'! :)

Aw0io56.jpg?1
Dr. Eggman is still a bad sport when he loses...Once again he flips the game board over in frustrating defeat like he did in Episode 38 ("New Year's Retribution") :P

UlNZreN.jpg?1
"Stop looking at me!" Sonic, you just got caught! :D I'm not a SonAmy fan but I still thought this was hilarious anyway!

5wtalKN.jpg?1
Dr. Eggman trying to negotiate for that coveted Fancy Poodle-that kid is a tough sell! :)

EpsWiIc.jpg?1
Knuckles' CSI Miami reference FTW...And Team Sonic actually laughed at his jokes for once? Sweet! :D

k7DGDXc.png?1
Dr. Eggman and Amy share a laugh as FPBFFs! This episode had a happy ending for everyone except Dave the Intern. "Don't taze me, bro!" :P

After hearing the live reading at Sonic Boom 2014 I had anticipated that this was going to be a really good and funny episode-and it was after finally being able to see the said episode in its entirety over a year later in addition to it being cute. Amy's fine characterization, Dr. Eggman's hilarious antics, Dr. Eggman and Amy's interaction, the cameos, Knuckles finally getting credit for a funny joke and plenty of laughs all around-even Fastidious Beaver, the cute puppies and a happy ending for nearly all really made this episode a really good one that did not disappoint my any means and was well worth the wait. Looking forward to "Designated Heroes" come next week! :)

• Thumbs Up 9

So the highlight for me was Amy and Eggman's relationship when playing the game, that was adorabuu-

WAIT THIS SHOW IS GETTING A SEASON TWO?!

I am over the orbit (Excited about this!) I really hope characters like Shadow and Metal play more of a role in this. It may not happen, but a guy can dream.

Also, If I remember correctly from the Stuff Bill has said about Boom tumblr post, Now that we have a Season Two, we may get two parter episodes.

• There are no two-part episodes in the first season. If Sonic Boom gets a second season, it is possible that there will be a two-parter.
Edited by Disembodied Charmy
  • Thumbs Up 1