Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

The fact that Sonic seems to be deathly afraid of fan-convention brings this episode from merely good to one of the best in the entire season.

The fact that Sonic seems to be deathly afraid of fan-convention brings this episode from merely good to one of the best in the entire season.

Specifically fan conventions involving fuzzy puppies.

Dude's got a reputation to uphold, you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

You so thirsteh!

To me, this was the best episode in a fair while. The Eggman-Amy interactions were genuinely cute and the plot epitomizes the short of whimsy I like in the series.

He scared the lashes off of her.

Fuzzy Puppy Buddies was too cute.

The fact that Amy's friendship meant more to Eggman than stealing Fancy Poodle (Er, it makes sense in context) was genuinely heartwarming, and I liked that friendly little laugh they shared in the end. At the end of the day, Eggman's just a lonely guy who wants attention and friendship, and it was nice to see him do the right thing in order to keep both.

• Thumbs Up 1

Will it be a problem if i review on this thread the episodes when they air here?

I don't see any problem with it, so BLAST AWAY!

Well, episode 1 still didnt air... or will this month....

Im scared...

I dont know if they choose the reight va

This is definitely a lot to come back to. I haven't seen this bar a few episodes since around episode 17. Major catchup session I think.

It's great to hear that a second season is in the works.

Loving the nod to the fourth wall with everything focusing on the main cast. XD

Sonic’s displeasure over the “date” never gets old! Interesting how all the voice inflections were different from the live reading.

“Don’t taze me bro.” …oh. Oh. OH. That older humor.

I understand the desire for a serious Eggman villain, but I can’t say I don’t like how Eggman’s more casual about it in Boom, to the point ridiculous things like being evicted are actually things that concern him.

Sonic the Comic - Online went to the next level and had him attend a Sonic convention... and despise it. XP

• Thumbs Up 6

hehe i loved all the latest episodes.. since the ones of the robot battle XD 

that one was so cool!  i loved the part when the epic VS  screens appears.. and Knuckles' picture!! XD so great!!

i almost wish it that was an actual fighting game ...

and the recent one.. the fuzzy puppies reminded me so much..those Littlest pet shop toys XD hehehe

it was so nice to see an episode where Amy is the protagonist and doesn't act hysterical X3 i loved it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Designated Heroes was a funny episode, but I hated how Sonic was portrayed. Sonic's ego was too exaggerated in this episode, and he treated his friends like a jerk. I couldn't blame the gang for what they did at the end, but it's still a shame it had to end that way. I liked the part when Sticks was jump roping, and the part when it was Tails and Knuckles' turn to fight Eggman. The tag team battle towards the end was a fun sequence, too bad Sonic ruined their team effort moment...

"Designated Heroes" was another comedy-gold episode. Eggman was clever, manipulating Sonic and friends into fighting him one-on-one and using their skills against them to get Sonic captured. I especially like the part where Eggman told Knuckles to wait until Tails' shift is over and then they punched time cards. Sonic making weird noises and having a pretend tea party while waiting for Eggy to show up wasn't far behind.

While perhaps Sonic's ego was a bit much in this episode, I didn't find the ending nearly as bad as I thought I would. Yes, to an extent, it still kind of hurts that Sonic threw away the whole "we worked as a team to take Eggman down" thing (heck, he's just as guilty as the rest of them-- he agreed to the whole one-on-one thing like the others), but I didn't mind all that much. And technically, he's right about being the one who trapped Eggman, but he doesn't have to gloat about it.

Also, I admit-- I was way off with how the episode's plot was going to be in the status update. The plot summary was kind of bare-bones, though.

I always thought it was odd with a beach nearby we've never seen the cast in swimgear. (Especially during the heatwave episode.) Or how Sonic's shack is completely empty. And we've never seen where Knuckles lives. Still, today's episode was solid. Loved Sonic's bored lip flapping.

I always thought it was odd with a beach nearby we've never seen the cast in swimgear. (Especially during the heatwave episode.) Or how Sonic's shack is completely empty. And we've never seen where Knuckles lives. Still, today's episode was solid. Loved Sonic's bored lip flapping.

I figured Sonic's shack was bare was because he's a minimalist.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. On second viewing, I Just noticed Sonic muttering: 'Amy, i'm not in the mood..' in his sleep! Innuendo!

• Thumbs Up 1

...Oh god.

OH GOD.

WHY.

DON'T LOOK AT IT DONNIE! DON'T LOOK AT IT!

what are we freaking out again?

• Thumbs Up 2

DON'T LOOK AT IT DONNIE! DON'T LOOK AT IT!

Hidden Content

The writers are playing some S-Tier/Level 5 Yomi mind-games with those crazed Sonamy fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Designated Heroes was a funny episode, but I hated how Sonic was portrayed. Sonic's ego was too exaggerated in this episode, and he treated his friends like a jerk. I couldn't blame the gang for what they did at the end, but it's still a shame it had to end that way. I liked the part when Sticks was jump roping, and the part when it was Tails and Knuckles' turn to fight Eggman. The tag team battle towards the end was a fun sequence, too bad Sonic ruined their team effort moment...

Being egotistical has always been part of his character. He just took it too far this time and got punished for it.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode. For once, no villagers, just Eggman, Orbot and Cubot plus Sonic and crew. Animation was better than normal.

• Thumbs Up 7

I think Sega needs to put more effort into Sonic in General. In the episode, Sticks takes off her shoes, and keeps them off for the remainder of the episode, and they keep the camera above her feet, hide them behind conveniently placed objects, and when she runs from the Robotized Hammer, she has her shoes on! NO EFFORT in implying that she's barefoot! It's getting so that the FANS have to step in and put more effort into the Sonic Series! They need to make barefoot models of the characters, just to add more to the fact that they ARE barefoot to begin with. They started by giving Amy "panties" under that skirt of hers, that match, but sometimes they're not there, but they need to give Sticks some leaves under her skirt (with mud to make them stick) to cover that nakedness, And why is this as rushed as Sonic 2006, that we have lack of really good base models for the main characters, like Amy without clothes, so we can put a cute swimsuit on her? Is it really hard to put so much effort into a CGI Production that they have to make it so limited in the budget?! It should've been like Sonic X, as in a traditional animated product. There, Amy and Cream had sandals on their feet, and it was CANON, and it showed Amy's PINK belly, it's not beige like the fanons believe it to be! It's getting so that Freedom Planet is more arousing than any Sonic game I've played! Honest to God, FREEDOM PLANET! Sega better toe the mark in quality, next season, or we'll lose interest in Sonic Boom!

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Thumbs Up 2