Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

...So um...after that note...can Orbot and Cubot do LP commentaries? It would be hilarious..

Yes please, I can totally see those 2 make some really hilarious stuff. Heck, they might even break the fourth wall and start staying their real names like that one scrapped episode of Angry Beavers, the possiblities are literally endless. Thank you and god bless you Donnie and your beloved beard.

But no one is as beloved as Pele!

• Thumbs Up 3

...So um...after that note...can Orbot and Cubot do LP commentaries? It would be hilarious..

That would amazing, yes!

watching the episode right now... hmm...

Orbot and Cubot as comentarist.. reminded me the celebrity deathmatch ones..hehee.. XD

Sticks doesn't have a model with no shoes? umm ok...

ohh .. is it me..or Tails speaks more.. umm..like he was younger ? hehe  maybe its just me...

and OHH!! Knuckles can dig!!! yeah!! :D

O_O oh.. Sonic's laugh... so... weird. .... just like the one in Into the wildness . 

ohh nice teamwork segment! i loved it! and Knuckles being useful! and digging! yaaay!

hahah you know? Sonic's attitude on this episode reminded me a little Sonic's Zombie Series attitude :D  just a bit..

• Thumbs Up 5

I think Sega needs to put more effort into Sonic in General. In the episode, Sticks takes off her shoes, and keeps them off for the remainder of the episode, and they keep the camera above her feet, hide them behind conveniently placed objects, and when she runs from the Robotized Hammer, she has her shoes on! NO EFFORT in implying that she's barefoot! It's getting so that the FANS have to step in and put more effort into the Sonic Series! They need to make barefoot models of the characters, just to add more to the fact that they ARE barefoot to begin with. They started by giving Amy "panties" under that skirt of hers, that match, but sometimes they're not there, but they need to give Sticks some leaves under her skirt (with mud to make them stick) to cover that nakedness, And why is this as rushed as Sonic 2006, that we have lack of really good base models for the main characters, like Amy without clothes, so we can put a cute swimsuit on her? Is it really hard to put so much effort into a CGI Production that they have to make it so limited in the budget?! It should've been like Sonic X, as in a traditional animated product. There, Amy and Cream had sandals on their feet, and it was CANON, and it showed Amy's PINK belly, it's not beige like the fanons believe it to be! It's getting so that Freedom Planet is more arousing than any Sonic game I've played! Honest to God, FREEDOM PLANET! Sega better toe the mark in quality, next season, or we'll lose interest in Sonic Boom!

Someone of the Sonic Wiki pointed out that SEGA probably doesn't want the characters shown without shoes on. 

Something tells me you haven't heard of a goof, which often ISN'T caught during production. Plus, SEGA isn't handling the animation in this show. Ouido is. 

Edited by Operationgamer17

Just saw Designated Heroes.

First off, I gotta say Eggman's really stepping up his game! He took advantage of all the heroes' weaknesses (Amy's charity, Sticks's paranoia, Tails's youthful naivete', Knuckles's stupidity, and Sonic's ego) and negated their greatest strength: teamwork! (Until they found a loophole, anyway) Not bad for a comic relief villain!

Unfortunately, this episode was tainted by Sonic's insufferable smugness. I can understand a little playful jabbing among friends, but Sonic quickly became an arrogant prat and put himself on such a high pedestal whilst brushing off his friends. Hey, buddy? That kind of attitude is what nearly got you killed by a cyborg snake! Didn't you spend a whole (awful) adventure learning to rely on these guys?

On a lighter note, I loved Orbot and Cubot's commentary! I'd love it if they did some sort of LP or commentary on Sonic's Youtube channel!

Anyway, here's hoping Sonic's behavior here was just an anomaly and not a sign of Flanderization.

• Thumbs Up 6

Had to post because this is probably my most favorite recent boom episode right now. This one had me laughing alot in this episode. 

There was alot of moments where I laughed but my favorite parts was sonic making the noises. That had me dying lol especially the last part of the noise. ( usually people making funny noises with their mouths always gets me laughing and seeing sonic do it made it even funnier lol)

Next part had me laughing alot was the stare down between knuffles and eggman. The music was a nice touch. It made it even funnier lol.

Tails failing at swinging the robot balls and giving up and just grab his machine and just started spraying lol the way he sniped the robot behind him without looking back was funny and slick. 

Also cubot and orbot are the best robots. This show made me like them so much more now.

I didn't really like seeing sonic being a dick to his friends and glad he got what he deserved at the end which was funny lol.

Also I don't think sonic mumbling about Amy in his sleep was some sonamy moment. I see it as something else probably being bossy and waking sonic up to do things or something I dunno. But I can see why they think that lol.

Edit: also if I can get a link to a better video of the episode that would be great.The ones on youtube sucks. The audio making everyone sound high pitched.

Edited by jords

One thing I have always wanted a was a Co-Op mode in a new Sonic game where Orbot and Cubot would play a B-side multiplayer Sonic the Hedgehog game and constantly comment on the game and on each other.

I'm slowly getting closer to that wish.

I don't know about you guys, but I think they totally nailed Sonic's attitude in this episode. He's supposed to be egotistical. This was actually the most energetic and fun he's been in a while. I notice Sonic spends a lot of time in this show rolling his eyes at the silly antics of his friends, making himself appear dull by comparison. That changed with today's episode. Loved his gloating, his tea party, the weird mouth noises, THAT type of humor mixed with being a smug dick is how they need to make Sonic on this show.

• Thumbs Up 2

For the people saying Sonic's sleeping line was suggestive, look at it this way. The exact line that Sonic mumbled in his sleep was "go away Amy, I'm not in the mood." This was shortly after he upset Amy and the gang with his attitude and they left him in a huff. So from his perspective, they were coming back to argue with him. It's all in the context.

• Thumbs Up 3

I thought this episode was cool, I liked the battle with Eggman in the beginning I mean-

• First Sonic starts off by playing tennis with Ball bot no1...
  • Then Amy plays golf with Ball bot no 2... (Or is it Croquet... because hammer)
  • Then Sticks makes a net out of skipping ropes, and became badass for a few minutes by swinging it around, hammer throw style! and then tosses it to Knuckles...
  • ...Who makes a bowling ball out of Ball Bots and Strike!
  • Finally (Tails was kinda cute in this one) Tails tried to hit a Ball bot, but failed a few times, then becomes badass by summoning his glue gun thing, (even smacking the ball bot from behind) and then glues Eggman Orbot and Cubot down!

Orbot and Cubot commentating was really funny. And Sonic making those noises and having a tea party was hilarious. Also, this episode made Eggman more like a villain than ususal...

Also, both of them getting covered in glue reminded me of this:

latest?cb=20141120155554

...And Sonic becomes a cocky hedgehog again, at least comeuppance came back at him this time!

The song Eggman sung at the end, was that a reference to something...?

EDIT NUMBER 263: and LOL at Sonic's face before he makes them sound effects.

tumblr_nwet4fgCk11udzlioo1_540.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Yasss! Sonic boom starts airing here on 7th november

Also daily....wow, this is really cool

Edited by Diamond Knight

Someone of the Sonic Wiki pointed out that SEGA probably doesn't want the characters shown without shoes on. 

I don't really want to start a conversation about sonic characters and feet, because that can get weird rather quickly but. I think they strait up show silvers feet in the recent sonic universe arc of the comics. So maybe this was more a less a visual joke. Or maybe they care less about the comic, I don't know.

Edit: Oh... i see its a fetish thing. Well at least I answered in earnest . Though i guess this is an interesting topic to delve into ? The comic and TV show having different restrictions possibly. But that is best saved for another thread.

Edited by Shadowlax

Hmm... I don't want to really jump the gun but... think Sonic Boom will get a season 3?

If Sonic X can get a season 3, I don't see why not. Just hoping thatseason 2 can be an improvement (in the right ways).

Oh yeah, Designated Heroes. MORE REID HARRISON! WOT!

This episode is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far. The jokes were really spot on and everyone had their moments, whether it was Tails trying to save face from his goofup, Knuckles getting ready to kick Eggman's butt and Sonic just being the cocky impatient goofball I know he can be.

The animation is really smooth too and seeing stuff like Knuckles actually digging for once and just seeing that last battle with everyone taking turns and stuff, too good man.

The only complaint is that it kind of went a bit too fast-paced but who cares, this is a solid episode!

• Thumbs Up 2

Funny how SSMB really likes this episode while Tumblr trashes this episode to bits :

http://sonic-nyoom.tumblr.com/post/131737256430/skybluehedgie-let-me-just-rant-here-dont-mind

*aggressively likes and reblogs*

I wouldn’t have such a problem with this episode if it wasn’t for the fact that the writer was so obviously trying to make us see Sonic as the bad guy, waving their hands in front of our faces and screaming, “Hey, hey! Remember that Sonic has an ego? Yeah, you’re supposed to hate him for it!”

Really, the fact of the matter is that it just makes for extreme predictability. You can see the ending coming from a mile away and it’s not even satisfying as Sonic’s comeuppance because one, the appeal of Sonic (most Sonic) is that, 90% of the time, he can own up to what he boasts about. Would you have seen it coming if Sonic had actually beaten Eggman at his own game? No, of course not, because the episode wants to hammer it into your head that Sonic has to lose. I’ll admit, the scene before he gets tricked, where he tries to keep himself entertained, is really adorable, but that doesn’t change the fact that I was just facepalming waiting for the pain to be over.

I have NEVER skipped a scene in Sonic Boom before. Even the scene with Sonic in Tails’ Crush, I sat through, even though I covered my eyes. However, once Sonic was in that cage and his friends were coming up with Amy starting to rub it in his face, that’s when I nope’d out and skipped in the episode. It was THAT painful.

Just because Sonic was cocky does not give anyone the right to now make fun of him. That’s part of his character and anyone insulting him is doing the EXACT same thing that he was doing. That’s a very bad lesson to teach; just because someone insults you does not mean you have to insult them back, and that’s not even going into the implications of Sonic’s inner turmoil.

For two… Sonic’s actually right here. I’d mock them too (not as openly, but my point stands), because, REALLY, you have to be either an idiot or just extremely oblivious to fall for any of these schemes Eggman is hatching. Amy I shouldn’t even have to explain, Tails should be ashamed that Eggman managed to stroke his ego so easily, and Knuckles… well, Knuckles is at least an imbecile, so I can’t blame him as much, but STILL, these are NOT clever traps!

And for three… we’ve seen MULTIPLE TIMES that Sonic has NO problem defeating Eggman on his own. Eggman’s tricked him with kindness, but never like this, and the fact that Sonic has plenty of time to spindash the cage before Eggman spouts his dumb fricking nonsense to seal the case just infuriates me more. “Oh, Sonic could’ve sped away or escaped, but he can’t because PLOT.” Everyone fell into a trap and, by the time they realized it, they could do nothing. Sonic however, nope, he has to have this deer in the headlights look as Eggman traps him because REASONS.

Tails even says himself in Translate This that Eggman NEVER wins, and Sonic has proven time and time again that, when it’s one on one, Sonic comes out on top. Eggbland was either stupid AND/OR tricked by Sonic in ‘My Fair Sticksy’, ‘Guilt Tripping’, ‘Cowbot’, ‘Aim Low’, ‘Let’s Play Musical Friends’, ‘Eggman Unplugged’, and ‘New Year’s Retribution’; that’s just the ones I could think of OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD.

Predictability is not funny. It almost never is, and that’s certainly the case here because we see the ending coming from practically the START OF THE EPISODE, and expecting us to laugh at Sonic’s misery is both a pathetic and sad attempt by the writer. I don’t care WHAT Sonic said to them; they deserved it, and they have insulted him a LOT in past episodes.

I know what you’re thinking: “Oh, but there are different writers, and this one probably never wrote any of Sonic’s friends that way.” One, that’s a bad argument because this is a show and the show expects people to see most/all of the episodes (Dave is established in the ‘Double Doomsday’ episode and Eggman references it in ‘Next Top Villian’, which had a completely different writer), and two, this SAME writer wrote ‘Chez Amy’, where Amy was controlling and bossy, and ‘Into the Wilderness’, where Amy and Sticks do a victory dance and cheer as they win because, oh, it was wrong when Sonic boasted, but when THEY do it, that’s a-okay and they’re totally in the right for basically cheating, RIGHT!? (I don’t care if Sonic and Knuckles wanted to cheat; that’s not the point.)

Any attempt to flanderize Sonic’s character or make him look purposefully bad for the sake of comedy is NOT right. It’s NOT charming, it’s NOT funny, and it’s CERTAINLY not good writing. There were so many ways to do this episode right and the writer does none of them.

XD Sonic Nyoom its hard to impress when its about Sonic Boom episodes... hehe..

i think she toke it too seriously this time..but that's just her opinion.. :)

One guy = whole tumblr, sure it is...

Also, few people on SSMB said they liked the episode = whole SSMB.

I didn't like the episode myself. I liked the concept in having Eggman fight them individually and play to each of their best and worst attributes for victory, but the over-exaggeration on Sonic's ego kinda killed it all in the end. Being honest though, is putting him next to Eggman really that big of a punishment when we've seen numerous times already that they at most, mildly tolerate each other? 

• Thumbs Up 1