Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Wow... its a pretty interesting trailer for a comedy cartoon

Weird that they'd promote a comedy-based cartoon like your average action flick, even though Boom is still heavy on the action regardless.

Maybe they're trying to bring in the kind of crowd who's into that sort of stuff? Might lead to disappointment on their part.

Well, action is cool in the first episodes, but it becomes repetitive: everyone except sonic defeats one motobug, sonic defeats eggman...

Also, the show will start airing on th november, and 1 episode daily, already better than what usa has

Aso, this is the description for the show( its really wierd):

Agitation, play, adventure!  You will have all of these in the Sonic Boom world. Sonic and his friends  try to protect the insland from different  danger as well as the evil plans from the crazy scientist, Doctor Eggman, and his robots. Sonic acts instinctively and lives the moment. Along with his friends, he always searches the emotions, the challenges and the following victories.

I cant wait for the release. The hype....it releases in...16 days....

I'll be honest, that trailer got a laugh out of me. Trying to show that the show is like Terminator flick, it's hilarious! XD

Weird that they'd promote a comedy-based cartoon like your average action flick, even though Boom is still heavy on the action regardless.

Maybe they're trying to bring in the kind of crowd who's into that sort of stuff? Might lead to disappointment on their part.

i would call you a liar. 

Edited by Shadowlax

i would call you a liar. 

Well you kind of just did. 

But anyway, I wouldn't at all say that the show is lacking in the action department. It has a good balance of action sequences and 'downtime' IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, them beating up robots once in a while, doesn't really constitute an action balance IMO.Because most of the time they are doing noting, and them beating up whatever... usually doesn't play into the plot much... like at all.  And the season finalle with shadow, is a perfect representation of my issues with the show. A sea of wasted oppertunity. 

Edited by Shadowlax

We finally have the english name of the last two episodes:

• Counter Productive is the name of the Archaologist episode (with a slight spoiler)

The archaeologist's name is Charlie.

• and It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog is the name of episode 52.

Man, seeing Sonic and friends "fighting" Eggman in safety gear was priceless. Never thought I'd see the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Role Models was a great and funny episode. It also had a good message about knowing how to defend yourself and others, when a threat occurs. I loved how the gang finally used their enerbeams at the beginning, even if it was just for a cool entrance. It was nice to finally see the village finally acknowledge how Sonic and the gang have saved their lives so many times, and get rewarded for it.

I got a few good laughs out of the gang being annoyed by the platypus' ridiculous and counter constructive guidelines. I liked how he accused Sonic for making a gender stereotype, just because he asked Amy when food would be ready, only for Amy to say she's only cooking because no one else knows how to. Meanwhile, Eggman's awkward attempts at winning an award was funny as well. I laughed when Sticks got so mad, she smashed her reward and quit. 

I liked how the platypus required them to wear ridiculous safety gear, and tried making them fight Eggman with words and expressing their feelings. Even Amy looked like she knew this wouldn't work, and she's one who encourages expressing one's feelings. It was also nice to see that the kids even knew fighting Eggman with words was only making Sonic and the gang lose. I laughed when Sticks returned, and "shared" her boomerang with the platypus, by making a lasso with it, and flinging him into a trash bin. Seeing the gang throw away their reputation of role models, in exchange for having fun and protecting others was a nice way to end it. I found it strange how Amy got annoyed with Sonic's ending quote, normally she'd like hearing Sonic talk like that. (It just didn't fit with her behavior in the episode, Sega, we don't want Amy to act like a killjoy, portray her more like you did in Fuzzy Puppy Buddies, and the first 6 episodes, instead.)

Edited by SpongicX

You know something I realized? At the beginning of the episode when Team Sonic flies in, the four members not driving Tails' Plane (three guesses who is, and the first two don't count) are hanging from Enerbeams, marking the first time in the series the members of the team other than Tails and Sonic (though in the case of the latter, he does get his own beam) utilize the device (though it still seems that Tails is the only one who can actually generate them, despite the beams being color-coded for each member of the team; they're draped over the right edge of the cockpit, suggesting they're coming from his gloves as usual).

It's obviously not that big of a deal, but it's just something I thought I'd point out.

Loved the pole-vaulting bit with Eggman. (Was that the first time we've seen the doctor's bare arms? Wow, He's pretty buff. He probably kick Sonic's butt in a hand-to-hand fight..)

You know something I realized? At the beginning of the episode when Team Sonic flies in, the four members not driving Tails' Plane (three guesses who is, and the first two don't count) are hanging from Enerbeams, marking the first time in the series the members of the team other than Tails and Sonic utilize the device (though it still seems that Tails is the only one who can actually generate them, despite the beams being color-coded for each member of the team; they're draped over the right edge of the cockpit, suggesting they're coming from his gloves as usual).

It's obviously not that big of a deal, but it's just something I thought I'd point out.

So Sticks, Knux and amy used the enerbeams huh.

Without their communicators?

Sonic Boom Premired today in Canada on Family CHRGD. And I noticed something about the animation. It was at 60fps. and it looks really nice. Usually I only see the animation at 30fps.

Sonic Boom Premired today in Canada on Family CHRGD. And I noticed something about the animation. It was at 60fps. and it looks really nice. Usually I only see the animation at 30fps.

cool. we get it on 7 november

I like how Sonic Boom is treated really well on Megamax. It has already 3 advertisments: 1 for the actual show( the one i posted here yesterday) , one for the games on the site, and one for a tv show called Gaming Show, and Sonic Boom appears on the trailer( and i talk about the one who we shall never speak about). Also, love how the announcer says sonic boom.

Also, the games advertisments are on youtube, tell me if you wanna see them

What kind of TV do you have? some HDTV's go at a really fast mhz speed and can give the illusion of 60 FPS.

What kind of TV do you have? some HDTV's go at a really fast mhz speed and can give the illusion of 60 FPS.

I'm not sure, But the framerate stays at 60fps on both my SD and HD TVs. I just wanted to mention the 60fps thing because, It makes the animation look amazing.

This episode felt strange. It was also funny because Eggman but...something came off wrong to me. I don't know how to explain it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if this episode is a parody of the soccer moms getting upset at the violence in cartoons, or the mandates that the Sonic Series is bogged down with. Also, it makes me think of three things:

1. Why can't Sonic be more like that nice boy Mario? Little brat!

2. Is it me, or is Sonic X BETTER than Sonic Boom? I mean in that show, Tails OFFICIALLY has a license to pilot the X-Tornado. Amy was WAY more expressive, violently so when she gets mad, and she cries when she's reunited with Sonic. Also, she was voiced by Lisa Ortiz. I miss Lisa Ortiz. I wanna pre-order Sonic X from Discotek Media, next year. Now that I'm old enough, I can really appreciate the voice work of Mike Pollock, alongside Lisa Ortiz, Jason Griffith, and Dan Green.

3. I'll be glad when "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog" airs in three weeks.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

2. Is it me, or is Sonic X BETTER than Sonic Boom? I mean in that show, Tails OFFICIALLY has a license to pilot the X-Tornado. Amy was WAY more expressive, violently so when she gets mad, and she cries when she's reunited with Sonic. Also, she was voiced by Lisa Ortiz. I miss Lisa Ortiz. I wanna pre-order Sonic X from Discotek Media, next year. Now that I'm old enough, I can really appreciate the voice work of Mike Pollock, alongside Lisa Ortiz, Jason Griffith, and Dan Green.

Yeah, Sonic X is better than Boom, but boom is still a good show. This is my ranking on Sonic tv shows:

Sonic X Japanese>Sonic Boom. Sonic OVA . Sonic X 4Kids

• Thumbs Up 1

Boomerang UK have launched their own Youtube page recently which includes Sonic Boom clips of episodes that haven't aired yet in UK. 

Definitely liked this episode, got quite a lot of laughs out of me.

Oh man, I don't really like Sticks all that much, but this episode definitely changed that view.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Sticks really had a huge hand in saving the day this time.

It just goes to show-- trying to get the paranoid badger who doesn't relish the idea of being controlled by a higher power to conform to the standards of a proper role model is a wasted effort.

• Thumbs Up 2

2. Is it me, or is Sonic X BETTER than Sonic Boom? I mean in that show, Tails OFFICIALLY has a license to pilot the X-Tornado. Amy was WAY more expressive, violently so when she gets mad, and she cries when she's reunited with Sonic. 

You mean Tails had next-to-no screentime because Chris stole his role as Sonic's best friend. And Amy was a whiny, nagging brat who had absolutely no life outside of Sonic.

Say what you will about the Boom versions of Sonic and the gang, but at least they're all their own characters and not just one-note extensions of Sonic. Plus, villagers aside, Boom has exclusive characters who are actually interesting and contribute to the plot without leeching off of the Sega characters' talents.

• Thumbs Up 5