Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

You mean Tails had next-to-no screentime because Chris stole his role as Sonic's best friend. And Amy was a whiny, nagging brat who had absolutely no life outside of Sonic.

Say what you will about the Boom versions of Sonic and the gang, but at least they're all their own characters and not just one-note extensions of Sonic. Plus, villagers aside, Boom has exclusive characters who are actually interesting and contribute to the plot without leeching off of the Sega characters' talents.

Yeah, I can't help but agree.

Tails barely had any screen-time in X, and when he was on-screen, his character was pretty boring.

Amy's character was flanderized to hell and back in X.

Now granted, I'm only speaking for the English version of Sonic X, but my point remains: the characters in Boom are far better, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 8

I love this line: "The only award I ever get is a butt whooping... and the occasional Grammy" XD. Anybody want a episode centered around Eggman's music career now?!

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind
  • Thumbs Up 6

I thought this episode was funny, but that platypus dude was annoying. With that whistle. Am I glad Sticks (of all people) took action and got things back to normal.

Also, dat fighting music.

For those who are questioning why Sonic and friends were using their enerbeams, yet weren't using the enerbeam bracelets from the Sonic Boom video games, I have a theory that may help make the reason more clear. I could be looking into this a bit much, but if the TV show does follow the set up from Rise Of Lyric, then keep in mind that the bracelets Sonic and the gang wore were actually high tech shackles for imprisonment, but Tails managed to tinker with them to use them against Lyric and his army. In the end though, Lyric's switch was still in control of the shackles.

After Sonic and the gang defeated Lyric, they might have gave Tails their enerbeams, so he could try and reverse engineer it's technology for future experiments and inventions. Eventually, the gang might have realized that Eggman obtained Lyric's button that takes control of the ancient technology Lyric invented. Tails might have realized that if they wore the enerbeam shackles again, they could end up being tied up again by the enerbeam's constricting beams. Tails probably figured it's best that they no longer use the enerbeams.

Eventually, Tails was possibly able to understand how the enerbeam was built, which allowed him to build the belt/gloves that activate his enerbeam whip, as seen in a few episodes. He might have also eventually equipped the old shackles into/onto the bottom of his plane, so the gang could have an easier way of being transferred, instead of always having to grip onto the wings of his plane. 

So, that's my theory. I know it's looking too much into something that may not have a connection or answer, but it's just a possibility.

• Thumbs Up 3

I thought this episode was funny, but that platypus dude was annoying. With that whistle. Am I glad Sticks (of all people) took action and got things back to normal.

Also, dat fighting music.

His character was suposed to be annoying. That's the point.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love this line: "The only award I ever get is a butt whooping... and the occasional Grammy" XD. Anybody want a episode centered around Eggman's music career now?!

Absolutely. Thought of that when I was watching it.

I'm not normally one to demand arcs in Boom but I'd love a long form arc about the story of Eggman's Grammy.

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean Tails had next-to-no screentime because Chris stole his role as Sonic's best friend. And Amy was a whiny, nagging brat who had absolutely no life outside of Sonic.

Say what you will about the Boom versions of Sonic and the gang, but at least they're all their own characters and not just one-note extensions of Sonic. Plus, villagers aside, Boom has exclusive characters who are actually interesting and contribute to the plot without leeching off of the Sega characters' talents.

I would sort of argue that. 

Tails with some help built some of the wall bullshit in sonic x. Like crazyness , tails being smart actually played large roles in the plot. Unlike here, granted its season 1, so I can't say much of anything . But when homie starts building space fairing super ships give me a call. 

Knuckles has lost everything. 

Some of that everything has been given to amy for some reason. And it doesn't get used, because sonic is here and I like sonic and despite them saying i wasn't going to be that i'm still that character. 

The only one unique and their own, is sticks. I'll give her credit for that one

And despite at this point minimal appearances, shadows personality basically confirms my fear. It doesn't seem like anyone looked into what made these characters tick. Shadows portrayal in rise of lyric was so bad that his detractors were upset. And while the dub for this season finale could end up differently it seems no different. It doesn't seem like they functionally understand these characters at all. There is a whole host of shit that I will talk about Sonic X

Chris

The rest of the humans, sega why do you feel that sonic needs to hang out with humans? Its dumb and ruined several video games, thematically at least. 

Dark Sonic , eug... 

The space arc went on a bit long, kinda GT ish

You have to sit though a bit of filler before the actually cool part of the show starts ( hopefully that is what sonic boom is going through atm )

But I will give it , is everyone was themselves, and did what they did best. And got to be cool, but this.. this no one is themselves much or gets to be cool. It doesn't even feel sonic specific, it feels like you could insert any property into sonic boom's place and it would be the same. Its not even comedy part either, though that is part of my issues. A show I respect is Teen Titans GO, that show is pure comedy nothing serious and even makes fun of its more serious shows that got canceled. But I respect it, because its love for its subject matter, comedy is literally bleeding from the background. literally. In the first episode there is a joke, and the only way for you to get the 100 percent of the joke, is to know who tera strong is. And you don't have to be writing layers like that to make a functional show. But care about matter... i dunno helps. And it doesn't seem like they care, it just seems like they got job made a bunch of meh, scripts, than translated into meh episodes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For those who are questioning why Sonic and friends were using their enerbeams, yet weren't using the enerbeam bracelets from the Sonic Boom video games, I have a theory that may help make the reason more clear. I could be looking into this a bit much, but if the TV show does follow the set up from Rise Of Lyric, then keep in mind that the bracelets Sonic and the gang wore were actually high tech shackles for imprisonment, but Tails managed to tinker with them to use them against Lyric and his army. In the end though, Lyric's switch was still in control of the shackles.

After Sonic and the gang defeated Lyric, they might have gave Tails their enerbeams, so he could try and reverse engineer it's technology for future experiments and inventions. Eventually, the gang might have realized that Eggman obtained Lyric's button that takes control of the ancient technology Lyric invented. Tails might have realized that if they wore the enerbeam shackles again, they could end up being tied up again by the enerbeam's constricting beams. Tails probably figured it's best that they no longer use the enerbeams.

Eventually, Tails was possibly able to understand how the enerbeam was built, which allowed him to build the belt/gloves that activate his enerbeam whip, as seen in a few episodes. He might have also eventually equipped the old shackles into/onto the bottom of his plane, so the gang could have an easier way of being transferred, instead of always having to grip onto the wings of his plane. 

So, that's my theory. I know it's looking too much into something that may not have a connection or answer, but it's just a possibility.

Yeah, when the team celebrates in the final cutscene of RoL, they all have the Enerbeam communicators that they use in the show.

Edited by GoldfishGroup
Fixed embed

I noticed something. The giant rock that Eggman's Lair is atop of looks EXACTLY like the kind of rock found on Lyric's Lair in ROL. What if, at some point, Lyric's Lair became flooded, leaving only the giant rock we see Eggman's Lair on in the show?

Why does it seem like the platypus guy wanted Sonic and his team to LOSE to Eggman? I mean, if there were any justice, he could've been an Eggman Robot, disguised as a real guy, much like Swifty the Shrewbot. I mean, the writers could've had his head popped off when Sticks threw him in the trash, and it would reveal that Eggman built him, as an attempt to FORCE the heroes to become positive, non-violent, safe role-models, all so he can get an award, and they simply throw theirs at Eggman, and it turns out to be a "Not what I had in mind, but I'll take it" joke.

Then again, it's all Amy's fault, she shouldn't have said that statement about striving to be good role models to begin with, because the village tends to take EVERYTHING seriously! Maybe so seriously that Sonic and his friends should consider moving to a city, and lure Eggman away from the Island.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

lol.

Sonic boom will air here 5 times every day

Trust me, you guys have it good.

I'm just glad you finally get to enjoy it.

Still have to wait.... 1 week.

The scary thing is that the trailer for the cartoon( or the action movie, by how the trailer looks like), has no voices, only sonic's ,,haa'' when kicking Burnbot. So i hope the voices are good. Can i also post the actual episodes with our voices?( so you can know how a dub is like?)

Remember the trailr i posted? It was only on the youtube channel. Today it appeared in the tv... i was so surprised...

It looks so good

EH.

Sonic Boom is coming to Italy, 9th of November, on channel K2. 6PM to 6.30PM, so probably two episodes everyday.

Source; The channel's website.

From the commercial I can tell that at least Eggman has a different voice actor from the Italian dub of the games.

Strange. I thought SEGA was all about uniformity.

Or maybe it's just the 10 seconds commercial.

I liked Designated Heroes. It's cool to actually see Eggman come up with a pretty good plan instead of something ridiculous and I especially found Sonic and Tails to be entertaining and endearing when on their own and being subject to their own flaws (in a believable manner that didn't make them into complete idiots) Tails yet again shows me why Sonic boom is my favourite interpretation of him, and Sonic didn't fail to deliver either.

Edited by Amomynous

Scary there's only 2 more episodes left. Feels like the first episode aired only yesterday. Also, I'll be the first one to give a review of the episode in a couple minutes. Well, at least try to be.

Edited by Inkling Spooker
  • Thumbs Up 1