Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

You aren't alone, a lot of folks kinda fell of and went back in because shadow. Don't agree on the design though, I think he needs something, maybe a jacket or something. His design is a bit " we wanted to keep this one safe because everyone loves this one " A bit to " sega wouldn't let us futz with this one too much " .On the whole aesthetic I agree, it feels like an early 2000's ps2 game you know the one, those generic start up mascot platformers plaguing the xbox and ps2 that went no where which all had generic platforming levels in jungles, that is how sonic boom looks. Like a generic start up platformer. The world at least.

Hidden Content

I keep finding fan-designs when I look up Boom!Shadow so I can't fully recall his true design. >_<

I keep finding fan-designs when I look up Boom!Shadow so I can't fully recall his true design. >_<

Spoiler'd cause it's big.

latest?cb=20141113184503

He looks like this.

But his TV model is WAAAY better.

latest?cb=20150920124158

• Thumbs Up 7

I hope Tomy makes a plush of him. :v

I think good ol' Hoggy found a Boom Shadow figurine/plush on display of other Boom toys based on the show. That's how he was convinced Shadow and Metal are going to be in the show before most of us saw the screenshots of the French dub.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope Tomy makes a plush of him. :v

yeah like Soni said, there was a shadow action figure in some toyfair.

latest?cb=20150530030537

• Thumbs Up 2

I think good ol' Hoggy found a Boom Shadow figurine/plush on display of other Boom toys based on the show. That's how he was convinced Shadow and Metal are going to be in the show before most of us saw the screenshots of the French dub.

I already pre-ordered two. >3<

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, they could've had Amy stop Sonic's sentence with her Hammer, and cut to everyone in Sonic's house. And we get to see a discouraged Sonic, in a crowded house, until someone asks "Do you have any snacks?" Then he groans. It'd be an ending where Sonic gets punished, like in "Designated Heroes."

"Punishing" a character has nothing to do with whether the character was being themselves or not. And that's entirely my point. 85% of the mean-spirited behavior that people have been upset about have really just been friendly joking or the characters being themselves.

Regardless of the relevence as I said the entire purpose of this episode was putting up with someone's flaws for an extended period of time. In my opinion it's not the "mean-spirited jerks who hate each other" that I feel some are interpeting the writing as.

• Thumbs Up 8

Welp, I'm back. Didn't see that coming. I don't know if anyone here remembers me, but I joined last year to talk about Sonic Boom with you guys. Over time the negativity surrounding the games started majorly bringing me down (I can only handle so much negativity regarding something I love, Sonic as a whole in this case), and I slowly stopped posting here. For a while now I've been debating with myself over whether I should return. I was almost certain I never would, but, honestly, I've grown to like some of you guys too much, so I suppose it was inevitable. So... here I am, hopefully to stay.

Anyway, I've been watching Sonic Boom since the beginning, and loving it all the way. I'll probably share my opinions on all the episodes of Sonic Boom over time, but right now I'll just share my opinions on the show as a whole. In short, I feel the show started off strong, became a little more hit and miss after the winter hiatus, and then became more consistently great after the summer hiatus.

Overall, the show has easily the best TV grade CG animation I've ever seen, even with some slip-ups and stiffness here and there. The writing is great, with lots of delicious snarkiness, fourth wall humor, and satire. This show can take a stock or cliché plot and make it hilarious, and has one of the funniest stupid characters I've ever seen, on par with early Patrick Star. Regarding the characters, they're still Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Eggman, just exaggerated for a cartoon, and they're still great. Knuckles is still the best character to me, as different as he is, and this is easily my favorite portrayal of Dr. Eggman. The new characters are a bit of a mixed bag. Sticks is a fantastic character that I feel was simply underused in the beginning, and fits with the tone of the show perfectly. Comedy Chimp, Dave, Soar, Perci and Zooey are also great new characters, while the background villagers tend to be tolerable to mildly annoying.

So, yeah, the show has not disappointed, and it has been a wild ride. I look forward to discussing the show with you guys, and I already can't wait for season 2!

• Thumbs Up 9

New episodes have started airing in the UK again and it looks like we will be catching up to America pretty quickly. In it's half hour slot every weekday it's airing two new episodes this time instead of just one with a repeat afterwoods.

Also the show is now gonna air on Cartoon Network UK as well but only on weekends at 7am. So yeah the show is going pretty well here.

UPDATE: Seems like showing two new episodes was just for the premiere as Tuesday's second episode was a repeat of yesterdays. 

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Remember when i said the show airing on megamax was a bad idea? I was wrong:

1. The show airs everyday. It true it didnt still start, but we might get during season 2 close to america.

2. They build hype right. The trailer appears moswt of the time during adverts.

3. The show just doesnt appear everyday, it appears eveyday 5 times. 2 before we get to episode 10

4. They show the show on thei site, together with coming shows, like gaming show.

Edited by Diamond Knight

When do new episodes of this air again?

New episodes air on Saturdays at 7:00 AM EST. Nowadays, thanks to CN being... CN with shows that aren't Teen Titans Go, unless you have access to the Boomerang channel and/or a DVR type of service, this is also the only chance in the week that you'll get to watch the show at all on TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

You aren't alone, a lot of folks kinda fell of and went back in because shadow. Don't agree on the design though, I think he needs something, maybe a jacket or something. His design is a bit " we wanted to keep this one safe because everyone loves this one " A bit to " sega wouldn't let us futz with this one too much " .On the whole aesthetic I agree, it feels like an early 2000's ps2 game you know the one, those generic start up mascot platformers plaguing the xbox and ps2 that went no where which all had generic platforming levels in jungles, that is how sonic boom looks. Like a generic start up platformer. The world at least.

Hidden Content

Well here's something that keep people calm about Shadow:

That is the opposite of calming.

It is also the opposite of not being spammy bullshit that has borderline nothing to do with the original statement

Anyway, only two episodes left in the season, very hype.

I feel like season 2 is a good chance to give new backstory to the echidna tribes and Shade. Like, what if the tribes still exist but Knuckles was banished for being too stupid and then they come and see that his current life is better anyway and everything gets fucked up.

I kinda want him and Shade to be siblings, too...

No, I just wish she still existed. If they change enough things to not resemble the Legion (because as much as I hate Penders, the similarities ARE noticable), they could actually use that stuff if I remember correctly.

For some reason I picture a redesign of the girl having a lot of tattoos.

No, I just wish she still existed. If they change enough things to not resemble the Legion (because as much as I hate Penders, the similarities ARE noticable), they could actually use that stuff if I remember correctly.

For some reason I picture a redesign of the girl having a lot of tattoos.

Yeah, don't expect that to happen.

If Penders sniffs up Shade appearing in the show, then he's gonna sue their asses again.

Also I don't think this can really fit with the show's current style....

Which confuses me, like people will say "I like this show but it can improve by completely changing it entirely". LIKE WHAT?!

• Thumbs Up 5

rSOBdQR.jpg
Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Sticks' form of art :D

XD they were decorating the Christmas Knuckles  haha

(da bum tss)

icon-facebook.gif

Edited by Drawloverlala
i'm so sheesy XD
  • Thumbs Up 2

The quote system on this site is weird and broke 

"No, I just wish she still existed. If they change enough things to not resemble the Legion (because as much as I hate Penders, the similarities ARE noticable), they could actually use that stuff if I remember correctly.

For some reason I picture a redesign of the girl having a lot of tattoos."

Eh, So i'm going to say some hope for the future , and some possibly give up all hope stuff. So take whichever you want to roll with. 

So on the hypothetical, their last episode wasn't a fluke and they do actually know. And on the hypothetical once they figure out what sonic boom actually is, I can see them actually doing a thing with shadow. He's popular, marketable, his popularity is built around him changing as a person, and he can just take weight off the regular group. If they wish to keep the tone of the main crew mostly jovial, every time they want some actioney stuff to happen or things to move , boom shadow episode. Much like AT you can just center the episode around the guy and instead having to make him the " white ranger " he can just do his own thing. And to be honest, despite his.... disappointing take on his character, he's still far enough to which they can just change him or whatever happens changes him. 

So that's the hope for the future news. 

This is the give up all hope news, I do not see any expansion ever on knuckles. Like ever. Simply because sega themselves have sort of forgotten since... like the early 2000's and gradually more over time... what knuckles deal was. He went from this vegeta piccolo character who lived on this island in the sky had knowledge of some echidina related mystical stuff and guarded the master emerald... to sonic's gullible friend. To sonic's dumb friend. And unlike shadow who is sort of nebulus, hasn't been shown much and if they decide to do something. They could pretty much do anything, because if you change his character he's only been in 3 sonic boom things, no one will really notice. Knuckles back story was...originally his motivation for who he was, and what he did. Its been taken away from him, and now its been made unfitting for him as a character. At least in boom. If we all recall, chaos emeralds... don't exist in sonic boom so along with making that shadow a great deal more powerful than the regular one, it sort of takes away a lot of knuckles's motivation because there isn't a master emerald, or echidina's dying because of it. He's just a dude, a dumb dude, but a dude. And the other aspect of that character, him being sort of knowledgeable about mystic stuff chaos related, is also gone not only is the chaos emeralds and M.E gone. That archaeologist type character, has been given to amy. And being wild and easily angered in some cases, and being sort of socially weird because they have been isolated for so long, now that's sticks. So who knuckles is as a character has been distributed to different folks, and taken away and he's changed so much so that its unfitting. To give him any other context besides " other echidina's might exist maybe?" is now too much. I'm not fond of this, but it is what it is.

Edited by Shadowlax
  • Thumbs Up 1

L...O....L!

For people who dont understand anything, its a campaign where you make a photo and add eggmans moustache.