Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Well, if you've been paying attention to how CN has been treating action shows and putting more focus on comedy with tints of action, this isn't really shocking.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not saying I personally approve of it, just sayin'.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, if you've been paying attention to how CN has been treating action shows and putting more focus on comedy with tints of action, this isn't really shocking.

I just wish they had some action shows other than Ben 10 and its their reason for not having any action shows that ticks me off

In that case, hopefully they'll be able to balance comedy and action which the trailer thankfully seems to suggest. Consarned Cartoon Network apparently has a hatred for anything that doesn't include comedy these days.

In that case, hopefully they'll be able to balance comedy and action which the trailer thankfully seems to suggest. Consarned Cartoon Network apparently has a hatred for anything that doesn't include comedy these days.

Star Wars The Clone Wars wasn't a comedy...

Star Wars The Clone Wars wasn't a comedy...

And is it alive these days?

2rqbkfm.gif

And is it alive these days?

Not sure if serious, but that has mainly to do with Disney getting the rights to Star Wars, so Clone Wars naturally had to go. Although yes, your point basically stands on how Cartoon Network is afraid to do anything that doesn't have elements of comedy.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anything, Cartoon Network has other problems in addition to their comedy-boner if the reasons for them cancelling Young Justice are anything.

But that's for a totally different topic. Needless to say, at least if Sonic Boom ends it won't go off on a cliffhanger like Young Justice since it's not really linear.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think sonic boom seems great, it should have continuity and some more action but i didnt mind watching that trailer

although, sonic saying egghead is probably more annoying than eggman gets.

Seems okay though.

Unfortunately i cant goto sonic conventions and all that because 1: my dad wont take me(im 14) and 2: all my family would think im a huge baby or something.

I cant get any sonic toys for collecting or anything too because apparently im too old for toys.

I hope one day i can do some sonic collecting or goto conventions because they sound like fun.

I really want to be a hardcore sonic fan but i just cant

i still like sonic though

Yeah. Bringing The Clone Wars into the argument of Cartoon-Network-only-cares-about-the-comedy doesn't really help the case, although the fact they pretty much destroyed the usual viewing times to put it on a Saturday morning does hint at the fact that they thought it had been going too long and they wanted it gone.

Yeah. Bringing The Clone Wars into the argument of Cartoon-Network-only-cares-about-the-comedy doesn't really help the case, although the fact they pretty much destroyed the usual viewing times to put it on a Saturday morning does hint at the fact that they thought it had been going too long and they wanted it gone.

It sucks too because I actually had just gotten back into that show when it got to that chapter.

Needless to say, I think even if cartoon network does manage to pull this one, at least it could have a chance of going on DVD or being a digital series.

Considering the amount that SEGA have probably spent on getting this entire new continuity set up and sorted, I'd have to agree. Makes one wish that Jetix was still around.

Shame they didn't just go with the Hub.

The Hub doesn't have as much exposure/establishment than CN and the other big two (Nick and Disney).

I'm guessing CN will give this decent exposure at first. While that idiot Snyder is there though; he's gonna demand for a piece of the marketting pie to keep this show at a good timeslot. CN under his rule has been going downhill, and it's action cartoons down with it.

• Thumbs Up 4

With the comedy aspect, I'm fine with it. If I can get a chuckle out of Colours and Lost World, I'm sure I can lol at Boom. Heck, I already did with the trailer. Though judging from the trailer, it seems that Boom will have some smarter humour than the games. With what appear to be better writers, this doesn't come as a surprise.

• Thumbs Up 7

Posted in the announcement topic but will re-post it here because it's arguably more relevant...

A couple of Knuckles lines from the TV show recordings:

"Whoa, I sound like a fortune cookie! [*bites self*]...but I don't taste like one"
"My delicious whipped cream filling will shoot out like toothpaste! ...I'm in!"

That second one could definitely be taken out of context... oo-er, Knuckles!

If it wasn't obvious enough already, they're clearly emphasising the comedy aspect for this series. Sounds very wacky and silly. An episode with an alternate dimension Knuckles and dialogue like the above? Definitely some of the weirder stuff we've seen as of late!

One of the episodes has the characters go into alternate dimensions.

Yeah, the episode isn't even out and I'm already smiling just from the dialogue.

You know, I wonder if that alternate dimension will be the dimension we know and love?

You know, I don't know why we need spoilers on this show. It's not like the plot matters, just the jokes and dialogue.

Alternate dimension Knuckles, huh? Now I'm REALLY curious as to how much this will actually tie into the main series universe.

I'm getting more and more pumped for this, I wish the episodes could be longer and there would be more continuity between episodes, but this really seems like its getting a lot of passion put into it, and everyone working on it is having a ton of fun with it.

Seriously, I loved the clip of all the voice actors in the booth, they all seem to enjoy working together, and the voice acting seems just as great as ever. I'm really loving that Travis Willingham gets to voice Knuckles without impersonating Dan Green this time around, hell he kind of sounds like a buffed up Scott Dreier at points.

However, I'm still not digging Cindy Robinson as Amy Rose in the slightest. Calling her a terrible voice actress is going overboard and downright insulting to her career, as she is indeed very talented in a lot of the other stuff she does, but you would think the people working on the show, whether it be the voice directors or Cindy herself, have realized by now how negative the general audience is on her take on Amy. I'm sorry, but I can't stand that falsetto squeaky voice, and it may be toned down a bit, but something along the lines of a much younger sounding Pepper Potts voice she did in the Iron Man anime would make me like her a helluva lot more.

But other than that, my stance is still as positive as ever, and I can't wait for this to come out, although I don't have Cable unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be cool to see an official "crossover" between the two continuities, but that's probably not what's happening in that alternate dimension episode. It'd be unreasonable for the show to create models for Sonic Team Knuckles and Eggman (and probably others) only to use them in one episode, and in a show that only has 50 (right?) 15-minute episodes to work with, having the Sonic Team cast show up more than once would be pretty ridiculous.

I mean, anything's possible, but the most I'd expect here is for the AU characters to maybe have different outfits a la Eggman Nega.

• Thumbs Up 3

Perhaps they can use the official SEGA models to save money, because the modelling is the expensive part, animating is fairly cheap.