Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

hehe guys! look at this! its pretty funny :lol:

XD i love it!

I finally have a soundtrack for my nightmares.

jk, I bloody love this. I tried my own remix to Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, but no luck. Glad to see someone made a remix, and a damn fine one! :)

This show is pretty great.

I'll be honest, I'm not outright laughing every episode - it kinda depends on which even, but so far, it's still interesting and I can't say it doesn't earn a laugh from me at least once each episode.

I still love this cartoon though, and even if some episodes rely on typical cartoon episode ideas (Circus\Dealing with crush\Survival in the wild\Court trial episode) I still love their own twists on the them with the Sonic cast, and just because it's interesting to see the characters give their take on the situations.

Probably my favourites so far are probably Just a Guy, Cowbot, Closed Door Policy and Late Night Wars.

XD i love it!

I'm surprised at the view count of this video, this is gold! And about time someone put Sonic's mad mouth sound skills to well deserved use.
Which reminds me, did anyone ever post this?

The beat somewhat reminds of Robotnik's Tea Party (Another YTPMV), but I just adore all this splicing goodness.

• Thumbs Up 5

Anyone else a little down that the show is ending soon? I know it's picked up for another season, but has that even started production yet? I like having that little Sonic treat to look forward to every saturday.. Here's hoping season 2 has a greater focus on Sonic himself. (The stars of season 1 were really Tails and Eggman.) I'd like to see more game characters appear, even just for one episode, like Metal Sonic did. (Rouge please!) Holiday specials would be awesome. Sonic's never had a proper Halloween special..

Yeah, I'm a little sad the show's first season is ending and I'll be left without a good reason to get up on Saturday mornings, but we're getting another season, so I'll happily wait for an announcement of when new episodes are coming (at the very least, a couple of months after the S1 finale).

The article that originally announced S2 specifically stated it's in production. It's most likely been awhile since production on S1 wrapped, so they've probably made good progress on at least the writing and storyboarding of new episodes by now. Probably. I'm not an expert on the production process.

More characters could be a good thing, as long as they don't overdo it.

And yeah, holiday specials would be nice. The closest we've ever gotten to a holiday special was "New Year's Retribution". And that didn't even air on New Year's...

Just remember, folks, despite this being the end of one season of Team Sonic's hilarious and action-packed adventures, with luck, it's only the beginning...

XD i love it!

Heh. This is actually pretty good!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised at the view count of this video, this is gold! And about time someone put Sonic's mad mouth sound skills to well deserved use.Which reminds me, did anyone ever post this?

The beat somewhat reminds of Robotnik's Tea Party (Another YTPMV), but I just adore all this splicing goodness.

ohh how i didn't see this one! its awesome! :lol: i can't stop laughing! hahaha

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else a little down that the show is ending soon? I know it's picked up for another season, but has that even started production yet? I like having that little Sonic treat to look forward to every saturday.. Here's hoping season 2 has a greater focus on Sonic himself. (The stars of season 1 were really Tails and Eggman.) I'd like to see more game characters appear, even just for one episode, like Metal Sonic did. (Rouge please!) Holiday specials would be awesome. Sonic's never had a proper Halloween special..

It feels sad that Season 1 is ending, and then there's Season 2, and I think they must've started production for that! It would be nice if characters like Metal and Shadow appeared more, but then again it's the writers choice.

Also I hate to be the one who states the obvious but Bill mentioned no game characters like Rouge would appear in the show.

Another thought, if Lyric ever appears in the TV series (which is again VERY UNLIKELY) then I would be interested on how the writers handle him.

Cabin Fever aired on Halloween, but it kinda had nothing( Sorta?) to do related to Halloween.

Then again, at least we know what Dave's costume was on that day... :P

sWwDdMh.jpg?1

XD i love it!

Such beauty such grace!!! :')

Sonic Boom must be doing extremely well in the UK. Not only is it airing new episodes, but it's got a whole set of new ads for every single time an episode is aired, called a Sneak Peak, where they play a clip from the episode. So far Chez Amy and Two for the price of Two has aired.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic was so amazing in the episode Designated Heroes. He was so amazing and confident and it was a little sad his friends trap him :(

Sonic was so amazing in the episode Designated Heroes. He was so amazing and confident and it was a little sad his friends trap him :(

No, he wasn't.

Sonic was an arrogant douche in that episode, constantly bragging, belittling his friends for being tricked and trying to (hedge)hog all the glory when Eggman was defeated.

I say the others had every right to trap him. Maybe spending time with Eggman will teach him a little lesson in humility.

• Thumbs Up 4

No, he wasn't.

Sonic was an arrogant douche in that episode, constantly bragging, belittling his friends for being tricked and trying to (hedge)hog all the glory when Eggman was defeated.

I say the others had every right to trap him. Maybe spending time with Eggman will teach him a little lesson in humility.

He have his flaws... well the episode make him look helpless but then its Sonic Boom. I was commenting to that beause I love the confident Sonic. Now let him be a hero. But again this is Sonic Boom. 

I'm more in the middle, myself. Yes, Sonic was an arrogant asshole in that episode, but that's part of why I fell in love with the character: his awesome ego. He should honestly be a little more like this in other episodes. He was a bit mean to his friends here, but it's clearly not meant to be taken too seriously (his friend's certainly don't), and he got what he deserved at the end, so I have no problems.

I didn't think it was necessary that he gets caged with Eggman as "punishment" for his ego.

I did however, find it hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

I felt he didnt deserve it. And he didnt really get a chance. :(

A chance to do what?

Fight Eggman singlehandedly? He did, and he failed for the same reason the others did: Eggman took advantage of his greatest weakness (In Sonic's case, his ego)

A chance to apologize? He did, and he instead decided to take all the glory for Eggman's defeat and brush off his friends' contributions. I get it, Sonic has a huge ego. But he usually doesn't come off as smug or superior. He often acknowledges his friends' skills and realizes he wouldn't be where he is today without them- that was the whole point of Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal from a narrative perspective.

But in this episode, Sonic completely forgot that and constantly insulted his friends for messing up- only to be defeated even more easily thanks to his smug recklessness. So yeah, I think he deserved some punishment. And it's not like the others were gonna leave him there until he starves to death- Just long enough for him to get his head out of his arse and remember to give credit where it's due.

• Thumbs Up 4

A chance to do what?

Fight Eggman singlehandedly? He did, and he failed for the same reason the others did: Eggman took advantage of his greatest weakness (In Sonic's case, his ego)

A chance to apologize? He did, and he instead decided to take all the glory for Eggman's defeat and brush off his friends' contributions. I get it, Sonic has a huge ego. But he usually doesn't come off as smug or superior. He often acknowledges his friends' skills and realizes he wouldn't be where he is today without them- that was the whole point of Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal from a narrative perspective.

But in this episode, Sonic completely forgot that and constantly insulted his friends for messing up- only to be defeated even more easily thanks to his smug recklessness. So yeah, I think he deserved some punishment. And it's not like the others were gonna leave him there until he starves to death- Just long enough for him to get his head out of his arse and remember to give credit where it's due.

OK I get what your saying. I was saying he didnt get a chance to win and be a hero because he was danseled. But when you say like that I agree with you. 

Yeah, when you treat your closest friends like that, eventually they're going to do something about it.

I felt Sonic did get what he deserved for pretty much mocking his friends' failures; being trapped in a cage with a singing Eggman is a simultaneously suitable and hilarious punishment. I'm sure he learned his lesson after a few minutes of that.

His having an ego is perfectly acceptable; it's been part of his character forever. He just shouldn't take it to the point of rubbing his apparent superiority over the people he hangs out with in their faces.

But honestly, the whole reason his ego was overblown was to make it clear it's his weakness-- the one that Eggman later exploited to trap him when he least expected it. There was most likely a better way of getting it across than tearing down his friends and saying he'll defeat Eggman because he's the best, but still...

Edited by SonicWind
  • Thumbs Up 8

...Didn't we already have an argument discussing Sonic's attitude during Designated Heroes a few pages back? Or was that a different episode? I doubt it.

Anyway, Kinda can't wait for the next new episode tomorrow, because I have no clue what's it gonna be about and I don't even know the title for it. Ssh, don't tell me anything.

...Didn't we already have an argument discussing Sonic's attitude during Designated Heroes a few pages back? Or was that a different episode? I doubt it.

Anyway, Kinda can't wait for the next new episode tomorrow, because I have no clue what's it gonna be about and I don't even know the title for it. Ssh, don't tell me anything.

Sorry.

The episode is called Counter Productive where Knuckles befriends an archaeologist named Charlie and Knux's stupidity doesn't help Charlie. Also we'll see Charlie in the season finale next week.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, that is hilarious! Have you seen the Burger Dance?

I seriously love this guy's edits.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Boom must be doing extremely well in the UK. Not only is it airing new episodes, but it's got a whole set of new ads for every single time an episode is aired, called a Sneak Peak, where they play a clip from the episode. So far Chez Amy and Two for the price of Two has aired.

sigh... I remember when all cartoons in America would get that...

sigh... I remember when all cartoons in America would get that...

Trust me, if you knew what CN normally did to cartoons in the UK, you'd understand why Boom is an exception and nothing more.

hopefully after season 1 ends, Cartoon Network will notice a major loss in views and ratings, which will hopefully influence them to get more involved with promoting and airing the show, when season 2 arrives. They've done a horrible job with handling the show. It's pretty sad how America should have gotten the episodes around the same time as France, especially since America started airing them first. Then they kept slacking off, and here we are, 2 Saturdays away from getting the last episode of season 1, which France had as early as August...

Well, in CN America they promotemore their cartoons rather than the ones made by others.

Also, 10 hours and i can finally see sonic boom on tv

To be 100% sure. Its ok for everyone to make reviews of the episodes when they air here?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just one more episode after today. Wow.

To think exactly one year ago we didn't even know what direction this show was going to take.

• Thumbs Up 4

(Accidential Double Quote)

It's fine to make reviews! That's what this thread is for... to discuss episodes and that includes reviews...