Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Oh man, it feels like yesterday when the first episode came out. I should binge watch all the Sonic Boom episodes on Friday (tomorrow).

Oh, boy. The topic title's changed. That hasn't happened in awhile, so this yells "important" (if the words "SEASON FINALE" in all caps don't do that already).

It's really starting to sink in now... this is it for season one. The end is near.

But it wouldn't be me if I didn't look on the bright side. As if I haven't reminded you enough, the show, in spite of its relation to horrible games and CN's lack of advertising and 7:00 AM timeslot, proved popular enough for a second season! Here's hoping SEGA, OuiDO!, and CN don't keep us waiting...

and CN actually promotes the show next season

Hahaha! It IS the season finale after all, it has Shadow as guest as well so of course I want to make it sound important. =P

Kinda wished the finale was a double length episode to have that finale feeling...

(And yeah I stopped changing the topic title a while ago because I was lazy and I felt no one cared as much anyway)
  • Thumbs Up 2

We're already 5 episodes in , and its awesome. Maybe we can catch up to SUA in S2?

maybe if they wish to unify broadcasting?

also does anyone hear the loud rumbling

Edited by Shadowlax

Can't wait to see how Kirk is directed differently here than from his other appearances as Shadow. This is the first time Shadow has been important or relevant to the plot of a Sonic thing since the new VAs were introduced.

Still think the guy could use like, a cloak or a vest or something. I'd say maybe a GUN badge too, but there don't seem to be any humans left here (I will have zero problems if they take the Adventure Time route and say Ivo made the whole human race extinct in a chaos energy accident, lost his mind and cryogenically froze himself for a few billion years).

Goddamn I just want more backstory to this series. To any Sonic series. What the hell are the echidnas and Angel Island like in this universe? What is this hedgehog warrior race Shadow is apparently part of? Why doesn't Sticks wear gloves?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait to see how Kirk is directed differently here than from his other appearances as Shadow. This is the first time Shadow has been important or relevant to the plot of a Sonic thing since the new VAs were introduced.

Still think the guy could use like, a cloak or a vest or something. I'd say maybe a GUN badge too, but there don't seem to be any humans left here (I will have zero problems if they take the Adventure Time route and say Ivo made the whole human race extinct in a chaos energy accident, lost his mind and cryogenically froze himself for a few billion years).

Goddamn I just want more backstory to this series. To any Sonic series. What the hell are the echidnas and Angel Island like in this universe? What is this hedgehog warrior race Shadow is apparently part of? Why doesn't Sticks wear gloves?

I think it's one of two things: Gloves are probably a symbol of society, and Sticks is uncivilized, or two: Sticks thought that the government would be tracking her actions with gloves, and she ends up with this insane notion: "They thought I was crazy when I said that the Government was monitoring us through our gloves. Well, WHO'S CRAZY NOW?"

• Thumbs Up 1

Still think the guy could use like, a cloak or a vest or something.

I believe he should wear a Hawaiian shirt xD

Just kidding, but I know what you mean.

Dawn of the Final Day

-24 Hours Remain-

...In other words, 24 hours stand between us and Boom's season finale as of this post. One last episode of hilarity and action airs this time tomorrow.

Co-writer Greg Hahn has resumed his habit of creating posters to advertise the episodes he and fellow co-writer Alan Denton pen for this one last time...

(yes, he got the date wrong when he originally posted it, but that's no big deal)

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh man, now I just want to see title cards and previews drawn by the Archie Sonic artists. Skelley's art in the last boom issue was so fitting for something like that

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, todays episode was awesome. It was....the Metal Sonic episode.

Yep!That one. It was awesome, but it was kinda that they translated metal sonic .

Dawn of the Final Day

-24 Hours Remain-

...In other words, 24 hours stand between us and Boom's season finale as of this post. One last episode of hilarity and action airs this time tomorrow.

Co-writer Greg Hahn has resumed his habit of creating posters to advertise the episodes he and fellow co-writer Alan Denton pen for this one last time...

(yes, he got the date wrong when he originally posted it, but that's no big deal)

Am I the only one who sees Shadow's 06' render as his silhouette?

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who sees Shadow's 06' render as his silhouette?

I noticed it as well. I wonder if Hardlight will make an official render of Boom Shadow when he comes to Sonic Dash 2.

Oh wow, man, I can't wait!

(What was the wrong date that was originally posted? I'd really love to know xD)

Greg accidentally wrote "November 11" instead of "November 14". It took almost 11 hours for that to be pointed out.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh dear... that's quite the mistake.

It's not like it was a massive mistake, the target audience for Sonic Boom wouldn't use Twitter and the fanbase such as ourselves would have known that's a mistake.

I hope we don't have to wait until around this time next year for season 2 of Sonic Boom....

• Thumbs Up 1

Well considering that the development for the first season could've started since early 2013 or earlier though then again, most of that time was probably used to figure out what to do. Maybe they'll take less time now they have a good idea on what they want to do and then try new things with things they've established.

on one hand, that confirms my they know, and this episode being oldly super respectful as a result of that theory. Cool, i like the sentiment.

On the other hand the comic does that thing they claimed often with multiple characters,like...often. Yeah they might be newer at this than ian sure but, i dunno. Its not like there weren't examples. Its supposed to be this nice statement, and it is, its just also " you took all season to come up with that?".

I appreciate the effort if true,like with most....all sonic boom media atm. I hope they do better next time. 

Still shit tons better than rise of lyric. Though that isn't a high bar.

Edited by Shadowlax

It's not like it was a massive mistake, the target audience for Sonic Boom wouldn't use Twitter and the fanbase such as ourselves would have known that's a mistake.

I hope we don't have to wait until around this time next year for season 2 of Sonic Boom....

That's true. Although, I do tend to use Twitter sometimes and check it every now and then.

I certainly hope not. I'm not waiting that long!

• Thumbs Up 1

on one hand, that confirms my they know, and this episode being oldly super respectful as a result of that theory. Cool, i like the sentiment.

On the other hand the comic does that thing they claimed often with multiple characters,like...often. Yeah they might be newer at this than ian sure but, i dunno. Its not like there weren't examples. Its supposed to be this nice statement, and it is, its just also " you took all season to come up with that?".

What are you talking about?

• Thumbs Up 5

What are you talking about?

They have written " serious" characters in very comedic situations. One of my favorite runs of that book is treasure team tango which houses both blaze and shadow, and is plenty funny. So the idea that this is hard work, i dunno, kind falls apart when someone has been doing that... for like years. And on the reg. Licensed material you can draw from because you are using the same license. Templates if you will.  On how to do that. 

Edited by Shadowlax

They have written " serious" characters in very comedic situations. One of my favorite runs of that book is treasure team tango which houses both blaze and shadow, and is plenty funny. So the idea that this is hard work i dunno kind falls apart when someone has been doing that... for like years. And on the reg. Licensed material you can draw from because you are using the same licenses templates if you will on how to do that. 

There's a pretty clear difference with writing a comic book and writing for a TV show. Also the comic's tone is a light-hearted action adventure while Boom is straight up comedic, you can't really compare the two.

• Thumbs Up 6