Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Perhaps they can use the official SEGA models to save money, because the modelling is the expensive part, animating is fairly cheap.

I don't think so. Rigging a model and animating it well can be a very difficult task, also they're sort of balls deep with the new designs already.

EDIT: It occurs to me you were talking about a crossover between Boom and Modern, woopsiedasies.

I don't think so. Rigging a model and animating it well can be a very difficult task, also they're sort of balls deep with the new designs already.

EDIT: It occurs to me you were talking about a crossover between Boom and Modern, woopsiedasies.

Yeah, in the behind the scenes, we learn there will be an episode where Knuckles is zapped into an alternate dimension, and we're wondering if they'll meet with the normal cast. So I propose just being given the models that SEGA have made already for the games. 

Love your AV by the way.

Yeah, in the behind the scenes, we learn there will be an episode where Knuckles is zapped into an alternate dimension, and we're wondering if they'll meet with the normal cast. So I propose just being given the models that SEGA have made already for the games. 

Love your AV by the way.

I hope they at least use the Unleashed one, that one's the best looking.

Thanks for the compliment :D

Silver please. He's so awesomely awkward.

We don't even know if Silver will keep his canon of being from the future.

If anything, I'd like to see Blaze somehow inserted into this series. Or Sanic and his pals cross dimensions for an episode to meet her. Whelp

If Blaze gets into Boom, she won't need to still be from an alternate dimension. I'd wager that if there's a character who's most likely to have a new origin in Boom if they're present, it's Blaze. Her being from a parallel world has badly limited her ability to appear in games that aren't strictly about that parallel world, and when she shows up anyway it can be awfully silly ("Happy birthday, Sonic! I tore apart the fabric of spacetime to come see you, apparently!"). Also, while the whole debacle with what '06 did to her wasn't actually her origin's fault, it did make that mess even more complicated. It'll just be a hurdle to the kinds of simple stories Boom seems to want to tell.

The folks behind Boom will probably have their hands full fleshing out Sonic's world first and foremost, too; doing a whole other world from scratch on top of that would either result in something half-baked or eat up way too much of their time.

(the AU from that episode will probably just be the regular one with some small twist; no world-building or many new art assets required)

...so basically I'd put money on Blaze, if she were to appear in Boom, maybe still being a princess, but only of a neighbouring kingdom or something. Although her being royalty isn't something the games ever did much with, so I probably wouldn't even miss that. Blaze the Postal Worker might be fun?

I'm also putting my bet on the alternate dimension characters being identical but with slightly different clothing assets.  Like now everyone has a scarf except Sonic, something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot wait for this to be aired from watching the trailer I get a feeling that I'll like this. It'll be shown on Cartoon Network in the UK by next year also when will it be aired in the US ?

Cannot wait for this to be aired from watching the trailer I get a feeling that I'll like this. It'll be shown on Cartoon Network in the UK by next year also when will it be aired in the US ?

It's due for US TVs sometime this fall.

I wonder when we'll get a proper trailer and/or more clips...

When in doubt we can always look at how SEGA normally releases clips, I'd assume.

E3 will presumably make only passing mention of the cartoon, but you never know given how closely-related the game and show are. They do want to push both, after all.

I'm hopeful we'd see something in April though, since it'd be nice and in the middle of E3 and the February 6th event.

I won't be surprised if we're hanging dry all the way until Summer, though, by which point they'll probably show something off at Sonic Boom or perhaps Summer of Sonic.

I imagine we'll see more from the tv series at San Diego Comic Con. Probably a press conference revealing more characters, some concept art and clips from the show.

And there's always Sonic Boom and SoS!

Cartoon Network has confirmed shows for the 2014/2015 season. They also mention Sonic Boom, although an exact release date hasn't been confirmed yet.

"Sonic Boom™: Sonic the Hedgehog has been one of the world’s biggest gaming icons for over 20 years and this year a new branch of the Sonic universe debuts, entitled Sonic Boom™. With a new look for Sonic and friends, the franchise’s first-ever CG animated television series, an action-packed comedy adventure, will premiere on Cartoon Network with support from an extensive video game release of the same name. The Sonic Boom television series, coproduced by SEGA® of America, Inc. and OuiDO! Productions, will debut on Cartoon Network in the 2014/2015 season."

I'm gonna roll with the idea we'll probably get a debut date by Comic Con...

Comic Con's in late July... if this show's going to air around September or October this would be good timing.

I'm hopeful we'd get the date even earlier, though. I guess it really depends on Cartoon Network's policies.

Cartoon Network for North America

Canal J & Gulli for France

That's all so far.

I wonder how far behind the other countries will be in release date...

What I'm really interested in is if these episodes will be posted online by the companies in question, and if they'll be region locked.

I feel sorry for all the European fans if the latter is the case.

There's no doubt in my mind that Cartoon Network will post these episodes online and on their app. They've been expanding their online resources for a long while now, ever since they gave Adult Swim the 9 pm slot. Those guys at CN just saw more profit there as TV is falling by the wayside.

What I wonder is if SEGA will get the show onto Netflix or the like; and who's gonna publish the DVDs.

Well... I'm not too worried, since I live in Central America, it'll probably come later, I just hope they put it on CN. Last time they put MLP: FiM on Discovery Kids, WTF?  but then again by the time it comes here, I'll have probably seen all the episodes already.

Well... the rights are different for the UK. However it is a big Sonic market, so I'm sure you're gonna get the episodes over there. 

They'll appear on streaming sites for sure.

...temporarily and will be taken down by Cartoon Network. Unless the episodes are the CN website themselves. For Netflix, it is possible for Boom to show there but they will probably release the episodes once Boom finished its first complete run of the season.

...temporarily and will be taken down by Cartoon Network. Unless the episodes are the CN website themselves. For Netflix, it is possible for Boom to show there but they will probably release the episodes once Boom finished its first complete run of the season

There are some pretty reliable streaming sites and even if it gets taking down as long as the show is popular enough you will always be able to find it with a google search.