Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I decided to flick onto my country's CN. And I'll say, they actually advertise Sonic Boom pretty often. And it has a long ad, too. And it airs at 6am and 4pm every Saturday.

Damn, US CN needs to step up their game.

Season 1 was great as a whole. I hope that Season 2 continues with the same style of humor while giving Zoey, Perci, Shadow, Metal Sonic and others some spotlight every now and then.

Speaking of Shadow, can someone explain to me what his role in Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal was? Shadow seemed pretty set on getting rid of Sonic right away and Team Sonic didn't seem surprised by his presence at all. Same with Metal Sonic. It seems that they're continuing with the idea that RoL and SC were supposed to be the prequels, which would explain Sticks' lack of introduction in the 1st episode as well.

Shadow seemed pretty set on getting rid of Sonic right away and Team Sonic didn't seem surprised by his presence at all. Same with Metal Sonic. It seems that they're continuing with the idea that RoL and SC were supposed to be the prequels, which would explain Sticks' lack of introduction in the 1st episode as well.

The boom games didn't really handle it any different. There is no back story to Sticks or the boom universe version of the old characters far as i know.

• Thumbs Up 2

Season 1 was great as a whole. I hope that Season 2 continues with the same style of humor while giving Zoey, Perci, Shadow, Metal Sonic and others some spotlight every now and then.

I wouldn't mind if perci and shadow became more regular considering, perci was supposed to be playable at some point. And on multiple occasions staff talked about doing stuff with shadow. Zoey seems nice, but that's sort of it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, I did say I was going to post what were my top whatever number Boom-isodes, so here we go! Going based on when they aired, because it’s more consistent like that even if CN did air the episodes differently from what the Boom team originally planned it but hey, shows how little CN really cares about the show. Am I being salty over a simple action-comedy show? Yes, yes I am, cause this show deserves better, so I have the right to be salty (and Pepper, can’t forget those hippo sailors!) about it. /repetitiverantover

Episode 1 – The Sidekick

A really solid episode that gives us a nice idea on what the Boom universe is like. Obviously, since the Boom team is still trying to get a proper flow on what to do with the show (at the time of this episode’s development atleast idk I don’t work for Bill Freiberger) and they had to awkwardly deal with a 11 minute limit, they couldn’t show off a whole lot of stuff like Sticks and the cast’s personalities. Has a nice mix of action and comedy, sprinkled with some nice tension and bromance.

Episode 3 – Translate This

Well blow me down, translator jokes can work in Sonic. Well not the super literal and grammatical ones in Colors but UT is a translator bot so I’ll take what I can get. Again, some really nice jokes and shows how smart and nice Tails is. A great and cute episode!

Episode 8 – Eggheads

This is when the Boom team try to do a more wacky type of episode and sweet hot sauce Christmas cake, was it glorious. All of Sonic’s friends wearing mustaches and learning the Eggman lifestyle, plus with glorious Knuckles cake and blue Eggman! Ended pretty weak and it showcased one of the more annoying members of the Boom cast but we’ll deal with those later.

Episode 10 – Dude, Where’s My Eggman?

At first, I didn’t really thought much about this episode, it was cute to see Orbot and Cubot getting their focus on the show but then I realized that this was in the similar style of the movie, “Dude, Where’s My Car?” albeit more family-friendly, I guess. Then I began to really appreciate the episode more, also it did show off that glorious Knuckles moment and showed off the first looks at the villains, Wily Walrus and T. W. Barker.

Episode 14 – The Meteor

This was definitely my favorite episode of the first half of the season. Just the idea of Sonic and Eggman switching bodies is already a hilarious concept, so I was sold! And man, was a great time! It definitely paid off for Roger and Mike to voice their respective bodies even though their voicing different characters in those bodies, Mr. Pollock himself said in the Boom commentaries that he and Roger were pretty confused on whose line is who XD. Overall, just a great bodyswap episode, probably one of the best ones in cartoon history even!

Episode 30 – Chilidog Day Afternoon

The idea of Knuckles having a dream because of an extremely hot pepper sounds really great! And a great episode, it was! Just Knuckles’ entire journey to the Pepper of Cragglehorn was pretty hilarious, dem exploding ducks man! It’s just a full-out wacky episode and I loved every single moment of it!

Episode 32 – Mayor Knuckles

Only Boom Knuckles can make mundane things like approving laws funny, only him! It’s a law now. This episode really helped me grow to really like Boom Knux as a comedic character but I won’t deny he does seem to know his politics for the most part. Also some of the jokes that are delivered pretty fast got the best laughs out of me; it was just a great time watching this episode!

Episode 33 – Eggman the Auteur

Sam, Sam, Sam. Sam “the Metahumor King” Freiberger. This was an amazing episode, might not be biased because I found probably one of the best and well-hidden jokes in the show. Boom Commentaries failed to give me credit (I’m sad because of it L) but outside of that, just again, the jokes were all spot on, Dave acting like a lame Sonic, Knuckles getting obliterated by everything and etc. Just a great episode!

Episode 39 – Battle of the Boy Bands

This is definitely one of my top favorite episodes of this season! At this point, I’ve began to be more aware of the show doing a lot of satire and this episode is all about satire/social commentary and it does quite well actually! The gang poking fun at the music industry and jokingly poke fun at Justin Beiber with Justin Beaver (not the greatest parody name but it is efficient). Also that song sequence at the end, amazing! Best musical than the entirety of Sonic Underground!

Episode 40 – Tails’ Crush

Such a wonderfully cute episode! Zooey may not be the most interesting female character ever but she has a cute sneeze so whatever man. Tails trying to impress Zooey by listening to his friends’ advice all humorously failed and with a seemingly unrelated subplot with Eggman just trying to get his package, then coming together for quite a dope fight scene with Tails being a boss!

Episode 43 – Fire in a Crowded Workshop

Aw yes, the multiple stories episode and like The Meteor, it was done pretty well IMO. First off, a nice introduction to Perci, would love to see more of her in the Season Two! But yeah, the multiple stories does show off what the characters think of each other, they all have their flaws and will clash against each other because of said flaws but they can get along and work together as a team and they’re very close friends! But yeah, a really nice episode with a really nice character introduced!

Episode 47 – Fuzzy Puppy Buddies

ALL THE PUPPIES! ALL OF IT! Ah yes, the strange relationship between Eggman and Amy. They seem to strangely get along pretty well with one another, whether it was in Fortress of Squalitude or in Chez Amy. But they do have a nice cute friendship and it’s adorable to see Eggman value Amy’s friendship or a simple but rare puppy figurine. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside ;).

Episode 48 – Designated Heroes

Another episode that shows off some of the flaws of the characters, some we already know but used in a different situation. Amy’s charitable nature, Sticks’ paranoia, Tails’ naivety, Knuckles’ obliviousness/stupidity and Sonic’s ego/arrogance are the flaws I’ve noticed that were used in this episode and are used quite well for comedic reasons, guess for character reasons as well since flaws are an essential part for a character. But yeah great jokes, nice action with Knuckles’ digging and Amy’s acrobatics and etc, a nicely made episode by ol’ Reid Harrison. (No seriously, who is this guy?!)

Episode 49 – Role Models

The last social commentary episode and second last Harrison written episode, I really liked this episode. DB Playtpus, while annoying, I do find funny in some moments like when Sticks say, that he’s gonna turn the gang into boring drones and him saying, that finally someone gets it or when he yells when someone questions him. It’s the small moments that matter, to me atleast (it’s not wrong, it’s just my headcanon). Also speaking of Sticks, this episode helped showcase Sticks’ personality a lot and the jokes are great as usual.

And my last top favorite Boom-isode of the season is?!

Episode 51 – Counter Productive

The last Knuckles focused episode and one of my top favorite secondary Boom characters are introduced in this episode! Really did like Charlie in this, definitely the most sympathetic villain out of the entire Boom rogue gallery. Also this episode helped put a nice showing of Knuckles’ personality and surprisingly, he actually isn’t as dumb as he comes off to be which helps me really do like him more! And it still breaks my heart to see Charlie smoosh ice cream all over Knuckles’ face. ;(

With that said, there were some episodes that I’m not too fond of. And no, Just a Guy isn’t one of them! So deal with it! Bl

But the episodes I can recall right now are: Buster, Guilt Tripping and No Robots Allowed.

The big reason why I don’t really like Buster is the slime; I just don’t see it as very funny. It also doesn’t help that the show doesn’t have that many jokes in it; it does have a few laughs here and there but it’s not enough for me to notice just how bad OuiDo! is at animating liquids or other substances of a similar viscosity.

For Guilt Tripping, it’s pretty obvious. It’s those damn Gogobas, though to be fair some of the lines the Elder Gogoba said are funny in future episodes including in this but their gimmick runs out pretty quickly and they become pretty annoying soon. But it’s a good thing Eggman came and saved the episode from Buster levels of meh but not a great episode either.

No Robots Allowed was just an awkward episode, probably more awkward that Just a Guy even or atleast in a writing perspective. The situation Eggman was put in felt very forced and it just didn’t work out too well and ol’ Eggy trying to cover up his robots was kind of lame outside of the montage sequence. But it does have its good moments, whenever it came to Sonic and friends, they were the highlights in the episode!

So yeah, as the Boom comms people said. Even at its worst, Boom still has some jokes to entertain the audience with and can be a fun time to watch. Now excuse me, while I’ll find out who Reid Harrison is and find more jokes Sam hid in the show. Peace!

• Thumbs Up 9

Okay, Boom fun facts...

270?cb=20151203221255

This wolf lady's name is Mrs.Vandersnout

270?cb=20151130212700

This Walrus' name is Walrus Male.

When was this revealed, did Bill said it?

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, I did say I was going to post what were my top whatever number Boom-isodes, so here we go! Going based on when they aired, because it’s more consistent like that even if CN did air the episodes differently from what the Boom team originally planned it but hey, shows how little CN really cares about the show. Am I being salty over a simple action-comedy show? Yes, yes I am, cause this show deserves better, so I have the right to be salty (and Pepper, can’t forget those hippo sailors!) about it. /repetitiverantover

Episode 1 – The Sidekick

A really solid episode that gives us a nice idea on what the Boom universe is like. Obviously, since the Boom team is still trying to get a proper flow on what to do with the show (at the time of this episode’s development atleast idk I don’t work for Bill Freiberger) and they had to awkwardly deal with a 11 minute limit, they couldn’t show off a whole lot of stuff like Sticks and the cast’s personalities. Has a nice mix of action and comedy, sprinkled with some nice tension and bromance.

Episode 3 – Translate This

Well blow me down, translator jokes can work in Sonic. Well not the super literal and grammatical ones in Colors but UT is a translator bot so I’ll take what I can get. Again, some really nice jokes and shows how smart and nice Tails is. A great and cute episode!

Episode 8 – Eggheads

This is when the Boom team try to do a more wacky type of episode and sweet hot sauce Christmas cake, was it glorious. All of Sonic’s friends wearing mustaches and learning the Eggman lifestyle, plus with glorious Knuckles cake and blue Eggman! Ended pretty weak and it showcased one of the more annoying members of the Boom cast but we’ll deal with those later.

Episode 10 – Dude, Where’s My Eggman?

At first, I didn’t really thought much about this episode, it was cute to see Orbot and Cubot getting their focus on the show but then I realized that this was in the similar style of the movie, “Dude, Where’s My Car?” albeit more family-friendly, I guess. Then I began to really appreciate the episode more, also it did show off that glorious Knuckles moment and showed off the first looks at the villains, Wily Walrus and T. W. Barker.

Episode 14 – The Meteor

This was definitely my favorite episode of the first half of the season. Just the idea of Sonic and Eggman switching bodies is already a hilarious concept, so I was sold! And man, was a great time! It definitely paid off for Roger and Mike to voice their respective bodies even though their voicing different characters in those bodies, Mr. Pollock himself said in the Boom commentaries that he and Roger were pretty confused on whose line is who XD. Overall, just a great bodyswap episode, probably one of the best ones in cartoon history even!

Episode 30 – Chilidog Day Afternoon

The idea of Knuckles having a dream because of an extremely hot pepper sounds really great! And a great episode, it was! Just Knuckles’ entire journey to the Pepper of Cragglehorn was pretty hilarious, dem exploding ducks man! It’s just a full-out wacky episode and I loved every single moment of it!

Episode 32 – Mayor Knuckles

Only Boom Knuckles can make mundane things like approving laws funny, only him! It’s a law now. This episode really helped me grow to really like Boom Knux as a comedic character but I won’t deny he does seem to know his politics for the most part. Also some of the jokes that are delivered pretty fast got the best laughs out of me; it was just a great time watching this episode!

Episode 33 – Eggman the Auteur

Sam, Sam, Sam. Sam “the Metahumor King” Freiberger. This was an amazing episode, might not be biased because I found probably one of the best and well-hidden jokes in the show. Boom Commentaries failed to give me credit (I’m sad because of it L) but outside of that, just again, the jokes were all spot on, Dave acting like a lame Sonic, Knuckles getting obliterated by everything and etc. Just a great episode!

Episode 39 – Battle of the Boy Bands

This is definitely one of my top favorite episodes of this season! At this point, I’ve began to be more aware of the show doing a lot of satire and this episode is all about satire/social commentary and it does quite well actually! The gang poking fun at the music industry and jokingly poke fun at Justin Beiber with Justin Beaver (not the greatest parody name but it is efficient). Also that song sequence at the end, amazing! Best musical than the entirety of Sonic Underground!

Episode 40 – Tails’ Crush

Such a wonderfully cute episode! Zooey may not be the most interesting female character ever but she has a cute sneeze so whatever man. Tails trying to impress Zooey by listening to his friends’ advice all humorously failed and with a seemingly unrelated subplot with Eggman just trying to get his package, then coming together for quite a dope fight scene with Tails being a boss!

Episode 43 – Fire in a Crowded Workshop

Aw yes, the multiple stories episode and like The Meteor, it was done pretty well IMO. First off, a nice introduction to Perci, would love to see more of her in the Season Two! But yeah, the multiple stories does show off what the characters think of each other, they all have their flaws and will clash against each other because of said flaws but they can get along and work together as a team and they’re very close friends! But yeah, a really nice episode with a really nice character introduced!

Episode 47 – Fuzzy Puppy Buddies

ALL THE PUPPIES! ALL OF IT! Ah yes, the strange relationship between Eggman and Amy. They seem to strangely get along pretty well with one another, whether it was in Fortress of Squalitude or in Chez Amy. But they do have a nice cute friendship and it’s adorable to see Eggman value Amy’s friendship or a simple but rare puppy figurine. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside ;).

Episode 48 – Designated Heroes

Another episode that shows off some of the flaws of the characters, some we already know but used in a different situation. Amy’s charitable nature, Sticks’ paranoia, Tails’ naivety, Knuckles’ obliviousness/stupidity and Sonic’s ego/arrogance are the flaws I’ve noticed that were used in this episode and are used quite well for comedic reasons, guess for character reasons as well since flaws are an essential part for a character. But yeah great jokes, nice action with Knuckles’ digging and Amy’s acrobatics and etc, a nicely made episode by ol’ Reid Harrison. (No seriously, who is this guy?!)

Episode 49 – Role Models

The last social commentary episode and second last Harrison written episode, I really liked this episode. DB Playtpus, while annoying, I do find funny in some moments like when Sticks say, that he’s gonna turn the gang into boring drones and him saying, that finally someone gets it or when he yells when someone questions him. It’s the small moments that matter, to me atleast (it’s not wrong, it’s just my headcanon). Also speaking of Sticks, this episode helped showcase Sticks’ personality a lot and the jokes are great as usual.

And my last top favorite Boom-isode of the season is?!

Episode 51 – Counter Productive

The last Knuckles focused episode and one of my top favorite secondary Boom characters are introduced in this episode! Really did like Charlie in this, definitely the most sympathetic villain out of the entire Boom rogue gallery. Also this episode helped put a nice showing of Knuckles’ personality and surprisingly, he actually isn’t as dumb as he comes off to be which helps me really do like him more! And it still breaks my heart to see Charlie smoosh ice cream all over Knuckles’ face. ;(

With that said, there were some episodes that I’m not too fond of. And no, Just a Guy isn’t one of them! So deal with it! Bl

But the episodes I can recall right now are: Buster, Guilt Tripping and No Robots Allowed.

The big reason why I don’t really like Buster is the slime; I just don’t see it as very funny. It also doesn’t help that the show doesn’t have that many jokes in it; it does have a few laughs here and there but it’s not enough for me to notice just how bad OuiDo! is at animating liquids or other substances of a similar viscosity.

For Guilt Tripping, it’s pretty obvious. It’s those damn Gogobas, though to be fair some of the lines the Elder Gogoba said are funny in future episodes including in this but their gimmick runs out pretty quickly and they become pretty annoying soon. But it’s a good thing Eggman came and saved the episode from Buster levels of meh but not a great episode either.

No Robots Allowed was just an awkward episode, probably more awkward that Just a Guy even or atleast in a writing perspective. The situation Eggman was put in felt very forced and it just didn’t work out too well and ol’ Eggy trying to cover up his robots was kind of lame outside of the montage sequence. But it does have its good moments, whenever it came to Sonic and friends, they were the highlights in the episode!

So yeah, as the Boom comms people said. Even at its worst, Boom still has some jokes to entertain the audience with and can be a fun time to watch. Now excuse me, while I’ll find out who Reid Harrison is and find more jokes Sam hid in the show. Peace!

What joke was that in the movie one? o.o

Okay, Boom fun facts...

270?cb=20151203221255

This wolf lady's name is Mrs.Vandersnout

270?cb=20151130212700

This Walrus' name is Walrus Male.

I call him Straw Hat Walrus. I also believe he's the husband of Mrs. Walrus that's always losing her baby.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess those discussions of a video deal described in the article announcing Boom's second season went pretty well. If this DVD ever comes to the States, I'm buyin' it. HARD.

Awesome news.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great news! Gone and ordered it already. Didn't they say Blu-Ray releases were happening also? If so then even better.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

I guess those discussions of a video deal described in the article announcing Boom's second season went pretty well. If this DVD ever comes to the States, I'm buyin' it. HARD.

Awesome news.

Buy hard with a vengeance!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's great to see the show finally be available to purchase in some format. I'm not going to bother buying the DVD though, as the show was produced in HD and therefore I want to have the highest quality possible. Still waiting on some sort of digital HD release on iTunes or something. A Blu-Ray would be fantastic too, though I know it's rare for animated TV shows to get a BD release unless there's a huge demand for it. But since they were in negotiations, I feel there's a chance. So with that said, I'm going to hold off a little more. Plus it's not like it's easy for me to get stuff online anyway, at least for the time being. And it's a little sad a DVD release is coming out before the show has aired in my country. 

Oh man! The finale is airing in 17 days! THE HYPE!

What? Already?

Also:

Sonic-Boom-DVD-707x1024.jpg

HOW MANY TIMES CAN THEY USE THE SAME ARTWORK

I mean, I see the fur detail on Sonic... and that background looks really icy....

• Thumbs Up 2

In Brazil, the series just spend on Friday and Saturday. I really liked the series but, it's best if Cartoon Network spend more days or spend all afternoons, I really liked

Well, this was a nice surprise to start the day off with. I'd prefer a Bluray release when the series is released in America, but if they release the DVD first, I'm buying without second thoughts. I'm really jealous of you guys in region 2, but I'm happy for you at the same time. If you can, be sure to buy the DVD to support the series. We need a complete season release!

Edited by Hyper Enesephus

I had another idea for a 2-Part episode: An attractive female scientist comes to the village, and Eggman becomes smitten with her and tries to win her over. Unlike Eggman, she is a formidable foe and easily enslaves the village. She is cold, and doesn't care for Eggman, but he doesn't take the hint. In act 2, we see team Sonic adjusting to life in her super prison. It's rough on everyone. Soar the Eagle does pretend news reports in his cell. All of Tails attempts to escape fail, Amy can't stand her uniform, nor the bleak enviroment. She breaks down and develops a bad attitude which is totally unlike her. Knuckles becomes leader of a gang. Sonic is tormented by several of the shows antagonists. Sticks plays a harmonica and sings the blues. Eggman busts Sonic out, hoping he could give him advice on wooing the female scientist. Team Sonic then stages a romantic dinner as a ruse. Sonic attempts to capture her, when she unleashes a robot army of her own. All of the series characters get into battle with the robot

Darn, half of my post got eaten. well, long story short, Sonic almost dies, Shadow comes to his rescue, Sonic sends her into orbit, Eggman follows.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omg this is going to be the first time I'll buy a DVD for a show. If it's Blu-Ray that's even better!

Oh man! The finale is airing in 17 days! THE HYPE!

Wtf didn't the finale come out already? Or is that just where you live? (I'm in the states.

• Thumbs Up 1