Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I'm surprised we're finally getting a DVD release before you guys tbh. Usually the UK is always screwed over in terms of animated shows (Cartoon Network shows especially). Considering Universal is handling DVD releases though (As odd as that is), that should mean we'll get these episodes on a much timely manner. CN usually produces the DVDs for it's shows and they are absolute fuckers in the UK (To put it in perspective, Adventure Time Season 2 only released on DVD this year, and even then, four of the best episodes of the season is missing). 

Like others in this topic, I'd enjoy a Blu-Ray release. In fact, ever since discussions for a video deal were stated on the season 2 announcement article, I've been hoping for a complete season 1 Blu-Ray release.

Probably incredibly unlikely, but a guy can dream.

Unless that happens, though, I'll be perfectly fine with the DVDs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great, not only do I have to buy the Pixels movie, Ant-Man movie, now I have to buy Season 1 of Sonic Boom.

(Pixels was a great movie btw I totally recommend it it's awesome and I literally just finished watching Ant-Man and omg it was amazing and I can't stop laughing at this one part omfg I can't breathe)

But yeah, super stoked on DVD release. But I just want to learn more of what's to come in Season 2 dammit! I want it to premiere already even though Season 1 just ended.

• Thumbs Up 2

Great, not only do I have to buy the Pixels movie, Ant-Man movie, now I have to buy Season 1 of Sonic Boom.

(Pixels was a great movie btw I totally recommend it it's awesome and I literally just finished watching Ant-Man and omg it was amazing and I can't stop laughing at this one part omfg I can't breathe)

But yeah, super stoked on DVD release. But I just want to learn more of what's to come in Season 2 dammit! I want it to premiere already even though Season 1 just ended.

No offense, but Pixels is the worst video game movie of all time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I respect your opinion and all, but Pixels is anything but awesome, and would be a total waste of money. Save it and get Inside Out.

• Thumbs Up 3

We have YouTube people, why are you buying/interested in the DVD...?

Which only has a portion of Season 1, whereas YouTube has all of it...

...That YouTube though.

...That YouTube though.

Not having to worry about it being pulled offline is one thing.

Also far more reliable than my internet connection.=/

Seriously my internet just dies sometimes................

DVD's are great in those cases.

Plus I have all the sonic series except sonic boom so it would feel incomplete without it. I'm a collector.

I hope they release the full season 1 eventually.

• Thumbs Up 5

Somebody had to say it. Don't waste your money, man.

I respect your opinion and all, but Pixels is anything but awesome, and would be a total waste of money. Save it and get Inside Out.

This is why they invented the library. So you could watch bad movies to judge for yourself without spending $20 to buy it.

Not having to worry about it being pulled offline is one thing.

Also far more reliable than my internet connection.=/

Seriously my internet just dies sometimes................

DVD's are great in those cases.

Plus I have all the sonic series except sonic boom so it would feel incomplete without it. I'm a collector.

I hope they release the full season 1 eventually.

Exactly. I am writing this to your collector post and the full season 1 post. I am sick of this Season 1 volume 1 crap. Just release the full season instead of trying to get more money.

Somebody had to say it. Don't waste your money, man.

I understand that many hate the movie. I myself enjoyed it. Maybe it's not good for an actual DVD purchase but it's worth a 1$ rental at Redbox so someone could watch it for themselves. I enjoyed the movie for itself although the videogame part of it is obviously not the best. (Wreck it Ralph ftw)

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, so you haven't heard about the joke, haven't you?

Such attention for detail. It's surprisingly high for a simple show.

• Thumbs Up 2

Such attention for detail. It's surprisingly high for a simple show.

I think it's little details like that that really makes the show even more awesome. It's like the cherry on top. And when we notice little things like that it really makes us appreciate it even more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazon listing for volune 1 has updated. The run time now says 2 hours and 23 minutes. So much longer than before.

143 minutes is 2 hours and 23 minutes. No difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

...That YouTube though.

Yeah and even though I have them all downloaded on my USB, I'd much rather have a physical copy like everything else I have.

And not to mention, copyright strikes on YouTube will probably take a lot of them down over time.

(Pixels was a great movie btw I totally recommend it it's awesome

Alright, the movie was alright in its own standards. But it really should not have been a video game one. I felt so goddamn ashamed. At the moment, the only video game film that stands high for me is Wreck-it Ralph.

...That YouTube though.

because youtube deletes things that are copyright so the episodes might go bye bye or blocked in someones country. 

Plus, buying a show we like tells the creators that we like the show and gives them money to make more of said show.

On a side note, they should have gotten the comic book artists to draw the art for these box sets. That would look so much better than reusing the RoL art for the eleventeenth time

Have to admit that, presently, that's my main gripe. Sonic BOOM desperately needs new art/renders.

Yeah, I remember that. I can't fathom why they didn't just use those renders for the DVD cover, they look great! I mean, come on, it's the exact same render from the cover of Rise of Lyric (a game I wouldn't think they'd want potential buyers to associate with this cartoon), which features Sonic using his custom enerbeam (which doesn't show up until the last few episodes). I know it's a nitpick, but I think it makes them look particularly lazy and uncaring.

Yeah, I remember that. I can't fathom why they didn't just use those renders for the DVD cover, they look great! I mean, come on, it's the exact same render from the cover of Rise of Lyric (a game I wouldn't think they'd want potential buyers to associate with this cartoon), which features Sonic using his custom enerbeam (which doesn't show up until the last few episodes). I know it's a nitpick, but I think it makes them look particularly lazy and uncaring.

Maybe these renders are for Season two/some other thing? Or a random Poster.

Seen it before, it looks good, but Tails' pose looks a wee bit like his Shattered Crystal pose, save the face, wrench and communicator.

• Thumbs Up 1

I apologize for the long post.

I finished Sonic Boom and overall it's meh. I didn't laugh once...  So hear is the list I made.

Solo-Writes
    Natalys Raut-Sieuzac (Show's director) (enjoyable)
        Let's Play Musical Friends
        Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose
        Fire in a Crowded Workshop

Benoit Grenier (enjoyable)
        Beyond the Valley of the Cubots
        Counter Productive

Doug Lieblich (enjoyable)
        Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?    
        My Fair Sticksy
        The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple
        Blue With Envy

Charles-Henri Moarbes (enjoyable/meh)
        Two Good to Be True
        Bro-Down Showdown

Joelle Sellner (meh)
        Hedgehog Day

Mitch Watson (meh)
        Fortress of Squalitude

Mark Banker (meh)
        The Sidekick
        Circus of Plunders

Thomas Barichella (meh)
        Sole Power

Tom Pugsley (meh)
        Cowbot

Sam Freiberger (meh)
        Eggman the Auteur

Reid Harrison (hated/meh) this guy should not make a return
        Don't Judge Me
        Into the Wilderness
        Eggman Unplugged
        Chez Amy
        Chili Dog Day Afternoon
        Mayor Knuckles
        Next Top Villain
        New Year's Retribution
        Tails' Crush
        Late Night Wars
        It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog
        Fuzzy Puppy Buddies
        Designated Heroes
        Role Models
        Cabin Fever

Eric Trueheart (hated/meh)
        Buster
        Closed Door Policy

Romain Van Liemt (hated)
        Robot Battle Royale

Freddie Gutierrez (hated)
        Late Fees

Dan Milano (hated)
        How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying

Adam Beechen (hated)
        Guilt Tripping

Dave Polsky (hated)
        Translate This
        Unlucky Knuckles

Co-Write
    Mark Banker, Alan Denton & Greg Hahn (meh)
        Double Doomsday

Jean-Christophe Derrien & Romain Van Liemt (enjoyable)
        Eggheads
        The Meteor

Alan Denton & Greg Hahn (enjoyable/meh)
        Dude, Where's My Eggman?
        Aim Low
        Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce
        Just a Guy
        Battle of the Boy Bands
        It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog

Douglas Tuber & Tim Maile (meh)
        Sleeping Giant

Sam Freiberger, Phaea Crede & Justin Shatraw (meh)
        No Robots Allowed

-

My favorite characters are Orbot & Cubot and Eggman. My least favorite/most hated characters are Amy, Buffles and the ****ing Gogobas! The character I forgot about until they reappeared; Sticks (I don't hate her or like her, I just forget about her).

So I will not be watching Season 2 unless the show greatly improves (or there's a Orbot &Cubot episode).