Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I just realised something. In role models, they changed ,,edgy'' to ,,rebel''. Its because edgy doesnt have a translation. So Eggman will call Shadow ,,a rebel''? Thats gonna sound wierd.

Edited by Diamond Star

I just realised something. In role models, they changed ,,edgy'' to ,,rebel''. Its because edgy doesnt have a translation. So Eggman will call Shadow ,,a rebel''? Thats gonna sound wierd.

in role-models? o.O Are you sure you're not talking about It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog? Role-Models has that stupid fucking platypus in it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

in role-models? o.O Are you sure you're not talking about It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog? Role-Models has that stupid fucking platypus in it. 

Yeah, I was so confused!

I'm pretty sure Sonic said "hilariously edgy" at the end of "Role Models". Perhaps that's what Diamond means.

Thats what i mean. Here he said ,,a funny rebel".

Plus Big the Cat is a official scrapped character so I highly doubt he is gonna be in Sonic Boom.

Big has since appeared playable in Runners and the All Stars Racing series, plus made several cameos.

Not saying that makes this remotely real but still. Unlikely anyway since Knuckles clearly takes the 'big oaf' role.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 2

It seems sad that they just retired the character, just because. There are people here who really do love the big fella, hell I appreciate him and wished that they'd utilized him better but alas.

Besides, I heard that one of the writers of the show said that no more characters from the main franchise would be added to the show/games.

I'm really hoping that they will actually establish the characters they've introduced better in season 2.

I heard something along the lines that they didn't have the rights to use anymore SEGA characters. If they were authorised it might happen I suppose.

Concerning Big I'm starting to think it was a big tease for audience reaction. People seem more positive towards him now that even the creators dump on him, despite the fact his career is arguably bigger than it was originally. :P

Here we are, @AAUK, @SSF1991 and Cat brought Bill Freiberger for the season finale of Sonic Boom Season 1! 

Will we finally know who Reid Harrison is? Did I gift Donnie too many gifts? These and many more will probably will answered in this, watch it for yourself bub.

• Thumbs Up 2

I heard something along the lines that they didn't have the rights to use anymore SEGA characters. If they were authorised it might happen I suppose.

Concerning Big I'm starting to think it was a big tease for audience reaction. People seem more positive towards him now that even the creators dump on him, despite the fact his career is arguably bigger than it was originally. :P

is tis real? Do you know how the character usage is going about? Its not that i dont believe you. Im genuinely interested.

Here we are, @AAUK, @SSF1991 and Cat brought Bill Freiberger for the season finale of Sonic Boom Season 1! 

Will we finally know who Reid Harrison is? Did I gift Donnie too many gifts? These and many more will probably will answered in this, watch it for yourself bub.

Man, I've almost watched it all and I started laughing when they talked about what they recorded for the noises, that was hilarious xD

• Thumbs Up 1

is tis real? Do you know how the character usage is going about? Its not that i dont believe you. Im genuinely interested.

Here it is, straight from the proverbial horse's mouth:

"A general rule of thumb for you guys: we don't ever use characters from non-Sonic Boom versions of Sonic (no Archie Comics characters, no characters from the other TV series, no characters from the other games).  So if you see a character that looks like another character, it's just a coincidence. "

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuIzNYsmR3k&google_comment_id=z12ddxn5yknuz1d3i221dlvjctzayznml

(Check the comments)

Goes to show that how important the Sonic Boom commentaries are to knowing some insight onto the development of the actual show. 

I cant wait. The finale is in 2 days. Designated Heroes and It takes a village to destroy a hedgehog are the last 2 episodes.

Edited by Diamond Star

Welp, here's the Post Show. Where Bill gives some insight on the development on the show, characters and all that jazz....

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill-Senpai answered my question. My Christmas is now complete.

Also, I'm totally adopting the "Metal being grounded and sitting in the corner" headcanon!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sooo, the finale just ended.

The last episodes titles were almost the same with 2 exceptions:

Cabin Fever was Line at the cabin

It takes a village to destroy a hedgehog was It takes even a village to destory Sonic.

Shadows voice was good, not great, but better than Kirk. Ill put the link to the episode once it gets uploaded.

Just realised something: Shadow had the same voice actor as the old Knuckles ( the one from the first episodes)

Edited by Diamond Star
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not that important, since the show is still in reruns, but it looks like the show is no longer on Boomerang. It will however, return to Cartoon Network this friday @ 6AM, according to TVGuide.com

Since Soni posted it earlier did you know where Sonic lives is NOT his house?

A reveal in the post-show.

• Thumbs Up 1