Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

If there's one thing I feel is in issue with the voice acting in the trailer, I feel like Roger Craig Smith has a hard time with showing worry/sadness in the Sonic voice. It usually comes off rather corny and strained ("BAIL TAILS BAAAIL"). While I adore Smith's voice work, and feel he's doing a fine job on most regards, it seems like it's something he needs to work on. Hopefully Sonic Boom allows him to practice that bit.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess the media really doesn't know jack squat about sonic.

While I was laughing, I shed a tear looking at that article. Hopefully this doesn't occur too much more.

I guess the media really doesn't know jack squat about sonic.

'Did you know he is blue and has red shoes? He must be a platformer like Mario' says everyone in media too.

That is the greatest article I've ever read about Sonic. The grammar was perfect, they really showed that they know about about the series and it was truly a joy to read. I look forward to more amazing articles from them.

I have such amazing sarcasm~

• Thumbs Up 1

New info.

Cartoon has been in development for several years, didn't start off life as a Sonic Boom adaptation. The creators watched old cartoons to get ideas/inspiration.

Since this show is going to be a bit more comedy-based, one thing I think would be a great premise for an episode, or even a throwaway gag for an episode's ending would be,

Eggman turning into a walrus or at least an anthro walrus by some means. Maybe a result of an experiment gone wrong? I dunno.

Call me old-fashioned or even unimaginative for conjuring the idea, but I've been meaning to see such an seemingly obvious gag they could invoke since first hearing that fake rumor about Unleashed's ending where he was supposedly going to be.

Hey as long as the comedy doesn't disrespect the characters too much, I'm pretty sure everyone's going to enjoy it as well. And it's great that some of the episodes are going to be very funny! Can't wait for Sonic Boom! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll give it a shot. I'm mostly fascinated in how the animation looks, seeing as it looks like SEGA's poured a little extra cash into this endeavor. The CGI is definitely some top notch stuff for TV animation.

Now let's hope Cartoon Network doesn't screw it's schedule by putting premieres on Sunday mornings at 5 or something asinine like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear to god, I keep forgetting that we have one of the producers here reading these topics sometimes.

Just keeps coming off as a shock when I see him post. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm really looking forward to Boom making these characters really endearing again. I'm also really hoping that, in addition to the humor, we see real connections across the team. I wanna see like bonding between Sonic and Tails for example, that's something that prior cartoons have really dropped the ball on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really looking forward to Boom making these characters really endearing again. I'm also really hoping that, in addition to the humor, we see real connections across the team. I wanna see like bonding between Sonic and Tails for example, that's something that prior cartoons have really dropped the ball on.

Seeing as we're getting an episode with Sonic 'firing' Tails from being his sidekick, we're sure to be getting at least one episode focused on that. Granted, throughout the entire series would be better, but still.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone else think that the trailer we saw for the cartoon was a clip from the episode where Sonic fires Tails? I believe the synopsis was that "an overprotective Sonic fires Tails from his sidekick position and Eggman applies". In the clip, Sonic sure seemed worried about Tails, both when the Burnbot damaged the Tornado and when Tails crashed. 

I'm rather surprised that no one seems to have noticed this yet (please forgive me if I'm wrong).

• Thumbs Up 3

That just wouldn't make sense in the context. Although, we don't even know the whole context - both of that clip and that episode description. However does it really seem like Eggman would apply to be Sinic's sidekick just to take him out?

Actually, don't answer that.

It's possible, it sounds very similar to the AoStH episode Tails New Home ( or something like that) where Tails gets hurt and Sonic decides to find him a new home. Of course because it was AoStH hilarity ensued. But yeah, sounds sorta similar to that

I think folks are really going to enjoy the cartoon. There's a nice mix of comedy and action and I've loved all the scripts I've read so far. Good stuff. I definitely laughed out-loud more than a few times.

It looks and sounds like it's gonna be like a Sonic version of TMNT 2012. I'm up for that.

Two things come to mind when I read that synopsis of the 'Sonic fires Tails from sidekick position.'

Either Tails did something really stupid to piss off Sonic, or Sonic is going to be tad more flanderized in this show, (though I don't say that as a bad thing...just yet).

Honestly judging from that teaser and behind the scenes footage, the writing and humor doesn't seem that much different from what we had in the recent games. The characters more or less acts pretty much the same. Sonic still acts like Sonic (he still has that snark and cockiness) Which is good imo, I'm glad that their personalities hasn't changed that much. I'd thought Colors cutscenes feels more like a modern AoStH cartoon on it's own and always felt that they should make a cartoon similar to that. So yeah, I like what I'm seeing so far and I'm looking forward to more news for the cartoon and videogame in the upcoming months.
  • Thumbs Up 8

I think if Blaze appears, Sonic should have a thing for her (and she wants nothing to do with him) and Amy should be trying to murder her because she doesn't understand that Blaze doesn't like Sonic.

Basically give fans more shipping fuel.

Would personally not want, even if it was played for laughs, but anything can happen with this show, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2