Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

4 minutes ago, PandoloFox said:

You think? I could think of at least two scenarios at the drop of a hat relating to amys archeology side in a comedy setting. One being that the episode actualy have the cast follow amy on one of her exbiditions, they find some old city and amy goes nuts and talks a lot about it. Sonic and gang are bored, and screws around. It ends with the city getting destroyed or something like that. Amy gets pissed and there we go. The second story could center around her house, they have visited it plenty of times anyway. them showing of a lot of archeology stuff in her home wouldnt be that hard.

And that's where I feel why the Boom team feel hesitant to show off her archaeology side, it just goes down to her spouting exposition. I mean, I guess you could have her completely geek out over some of the ancient artifacts I guess but I feel that could easily be irritating to hear (Battle of the Boy Bands anyone?). 

I guess the only proper way to do this is while Amy says some important exposition about ancient civilizations and stuff. Like for example, Amy explains how this ancient place has no known entrances since it was lost to history and then we cut back to Boom Knux, goofing off and accidentally opens a door. I feel that one could work a lot better than the ones you proposed since those ones feels a bit too mean spirited for a show like Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Soni said:

And that's where I feel why the Boom team feel hesitant to show off her archaeology side, it just goes down to her spouting exposition. I mean, I guess you could have her completely geek out over some of the ancient artifacts I guess but I feel that could easily be irritating to hear (Battle of the Boy Bands anyone?). 

I guess the only proper way to do this is while Amy says some important exposition about ancient civilizations and stuff. Like for example, Amy explains how this ancient place has no known entrances since it was lost to history and then we cut back to Boom Knux, goofing off and accidentally opens a door. I feel that one could work a lot better than the ones you proposed since those ones feels a bit too mean spirited for a show like Boom.

I suppose, but in the end her being into archaeology is not a personality trait but rather one of her interests. Its kinda weird to highlight it and then never realy show it of. And fine, maybe it would get annoying as a focus. But then at least decorate her house with tools and such relating to that interest. Subtle indications that she is realy into it.

I think Boom has been mean spirited a lot when it comes to some of its plots. i mean they have a whole episode with sonic and knuckles trying to get a sofa that they destroyed by dicking around. it ends with that the new sofa gets destroyed by a rocket in the end anyway.....and sonic and knuckles gets away with it. Eh, just me though.

8 minutes ago, Soni said:

Maybe it's just because I enjoy seeing characters (and real life people) geek out about their interests, but I fail to see how Amy geeking out over ancient artifacts could be considered irritating. Obviously, seeing her geek out in Battle of the Boy Bands was annoying, but that's because she was in "fangirl mode" (mind control-induced fangirl mode at that) which I consider to be different than just excitedly discussing her interests.

Anyway, besides expositing information like in Sleeping Giant, the writers could bring out that side of her more by having her do things like bringing in an artifact she discovered which can then kick off the plot, or having her drag her friends along on an expedition deep into the woods to show them an ancient ruin or something. They could also portray her as an avid collector of ancient artifacts in various episodes (she actually has several in her home, so I don't know why they don't already make that a trait). One way they could show off her being a history buff that I literally just thought of would be a spin on the "story" plot, wherein Amy reads the rest of the group an old true story about the Ancients. When the episode segues into the story, each of the Ancients could be portrayed by a member of the team. The group would probably be unenthusiastic at first, but, by the end, they could be shown as legitimately interested in Amy's historical tales, which would be really nice. I think the idea could be funny, use another aspect of Amy's personality to kick off the plot, and even reveal some of the history of Bygone Island.

• Thumbs Up 6

10 minutes ago, PandoloFox said:

I think Boom has been mean spirited a lot when it comes to some of its plots. i mean they have a whole episode with sonic and knuckles trying to get a sofa that they destroyed by dicking around. it ends with that the new sofa gets destroyed by a rocket in the end anyway.....and sonic and knuckles gets away with it. Eh, just me though.

Fair enough, but that's one episode out of 52.

3 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:
Maybe it's just because I enjoy seeing characters (and real life people) geek out about their interests, but I fail to see how Amy geeking out over ancient artifacts could be considered irritating. Obviously, seeing her geek out in Battle of the Boy Bands was annoying, but that's because she was in "fangirl mode" (mind control-induced fangirl mode at that) which I consider to be different than just excitedly discussing her interests.

Anyway, besides expositing information like in Sleeping Giant, the writers could bring out that side of her more by having her do things like bringing in an artifact she discovered which can then kick off the plot, or having her drag her friends along on an expedition deep into the woods to show them an ancient ruin or something. They could also portray her as an avid collector of ancient artifacts in various episodes (she actually has several in her home, so I don't know why they don't already make that a trait). One way they could show off her being a history buff that I literally just thought of would be a spin on the "story" plot, wherein Amy reads the rest of the group an old true story about the Ancients. When the episode segues into the story, each of the Ancients could be portrayed by a member of the team. The group would probably be unenthusiastic at first, but, by the end, they could be shown as legitimately interested in Amy's historical tales, which would be really nice. I think the idea could be funny, use another aspect of Amy's personality to kick off the plot, and even reveal some of the history of Bygone Island.

Well maybe not irritating  but rather boring, I don't know. I feel that exposition could be hard to do in a comedy but then I remember Be Cool Scooby Doo, where when they sum up how the villain of the episode execute his/her plan they show it visually so I guess when Amy spouts exposition, they could do it visually but that would require a bigger budget, wouldn't it or atleast a bigger budget than BCSD has since Boom is a CG show.

But it would be nice to see Amy tell tales of the Ancients or have a cursed artifact she brought, that spread bad mojo amongst the group.

There is certainly a lot of ideas the Boom team can go with in the second season, so I'll just wait it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Soni said:

Fair enough, but that's one episode out of 52.

Well maybe not irritating  but rather boring, I don't know. I feel that exposition could be hard to do in a comedy but then I remember Be Cool Scooby Doo, where when they sum up how the villain of the episode execute his/her plan they show it visually so I guess when Amy spouts exposition, they could do it visually but that would require a bigger budget, wouldn't it or atleast a bigger budget than BCSD has since Boom is a CG show.

But it would be nice to see Amy tell tales of the Ancients or have a cursed artifact she brought, that spread bad mojo amongst the group.

There is certainly a lot of ideas the Boom team can go with in the second season, so I'll just wait it out.

True, shouldnt have generalised it.

I think one of the set backs for actualy pulling it of without overfloding it with exposition is the episode lenght. 11 minutes just doesnt give much room for spreading out the exposition without it taking up most of the episode. But if the setting is a discovered temple or something, they could have the focus be more comedy like and not too much about amy talking about it ( she mentioning its name and they exploring it a bit while carzy stuff happens would be enough )

Ah yes, the length is quite a problem as well. Unless Freiberger and the crew are allowed to go for a 20-minute length then they could such a thing off but if they have to stick to their 11 minute limit that could be troublesome, while it does mean the comedy is pretty fast-paced and rarely drags, but when they do extend a joke, it's fucking amazing! (Exploding ducks,  most of the many comedic pauses and Real Sonic)

Also speaking of that one amazing real-life shot in Just a Guy, apparently Freiberger said that they got a fan to do that shot and one the fanbase might know? I placing my bets on @SSF1991.

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's true! The doctor's mustache really is a fake!

I like all the green, brings out the colour of the show xD I'm just kidding, that's pretty cool though.

The UK DVD cover got updated. It'll have a poster included inside and sports tape is decorated on the episode title. Kinda funny. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1bcb16c8ef255f72800a90a

• Thumbs Up 2

Doesn't look too bad, generic art placement, but at least it's of the few UK Sonic DVDs with on model artwork (look up Satam and Aosth for Region 2).

Just a minor hindsight thought, but hasn't Boom broken one or two of the SEGA mandates a few times? I'm sure there have been at least two episodes where Sonic or another hero 'lost' the episode (eg. 'Into The Wilderness' and 'Chez Amy'). Comically so but still.

When did Sega's mandates say Sonic never lose? I'm pretty sure it just means there can never be a total defeat ending to the character.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think mandates are purely Archie comic-exclusive, and not important for Boom since it's a continuity that can afford to be loose with any 'hero vs villain' plots it does.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/18/2016 at 10:49 PM, PandoloFox said:

You think? I could think of at least two scenarios at the drop of a hat relating to amys archeology side in a comedy setting. One being that the episode actualy have the cast follow amy on one of her exbiditions, they find some old city and amy goes nuts and talks a lot about it. Sonic and gang are bored, and screws around. It ends with the city getting destroyed or something like that. Amy gets pissed and there we go. The second story could center around her house, they have visited it plenty of times anyway. them showing of a lot of archeology stuff in her home wouldnt be that hard.

I'm honestly sick of seeing episodes where it's all about Amy being the butt of the joke. Some of my least favorite episodes of the show had to do with Sonic and pals being immature, and leaving Amy as the depressed or annoyed one throughout. Amy should be having fun with her friends, and her friends should be having fun with her. Having Amy treated poorly is one of the main reasons I hated episodes like  "Chez Amy", "Brodown Showdown" and "Cabin Fever." All those episodes focused around either Sonic and his friends neglecting Amy, and they all ended with everyone having a happy ending, while leaving poor Amy sad, or annoyed.

There was absolutely nothing funny about seeing Amy devastated about coming home, and seeing her couch blow up, while Sonic and Knuckles dishonestly weasel their way out of being the real blame for her couch being destroyed, and they don't even try to make her feel better. Cabin Fever's ending was just plain anti climatic. The whole episode was about Sonic and his friends neglecting Amy and trashing her house, and all Amy wanted them to do was stop making a mess in her house. The ending was almost good, until Sonic decides everyone should take shelter at Amy's house, only for the entire town to ditch Amy in the storm, leaving Amy stuck having to look after those ungrateful friends of hers, and the stupid villagers as well. What a horrible way to end the episode.

Chez Amy mostly felt like an Amy abuse episode, and I found it incredibly unfair for Dave the Intern to go unpunished in the episode.  Amy was also treated badly by her friends, and the villagers. It was one thing for the villagers to trample her when she opened the restaurant, but even her own friends trampled her, and didn't care, or apologize, then her customers ditch her good service over Meh Burger getting a drive through, despite the fact those idiot villagers have no vehicles,  then she got trampled again when trying to lure the customers back. Amy may have gone overboard in the episode, which made it understandable for why her friends left her when she got Hellbent on revenge,  but she redeemed her bad actions by realizing the competition went too far, when Eggman blew up Meh Burger. Amy could have been happy that Meh Burger was finally out of the picture, but she did not think having Eggman break the law was worth it. She even hired Dave out of pity, instead of leaving him jobless. And how does the episode end? With Eggman destroying Amy's restaurant, seeing Meh Burger rebuilt, and having Dave offer free burgers to Sonic and friends rebuilding Meh Burger, yet Amy still didn't get what she ordered. That ending was kind of annoying.

I'm sick of Amy being falsely portrayed in this series, and I absolutely hate it when Amy gets these cruel and unfunny endings, despite not doing anything wrong, compared to how awful some of the other characters behave throughout, while everyone else gets a happy ending. This kind of situation only works with Eggman, Dave, or T.W. Barker, because they are the bad guys, and deserve to be punished. If they were to make episodes that portray Amy's archaeological side, then I'd want to see them do it in a way that makes it fun and exciting for all the the characters, and not everyone, but Amy. I'd rather see an episode similar to Buddy Buddy Temple, except having it be where they all get trapped inside a temple, and need to find a way out. Amy knowing a lot about archaeology and exploration would be crucial for how they are going to get out, but she could use Sonic and pals to help make it through. Tails could use one of his inventions to light up dark places, Knuckles could use his strength to help clear paths, Sonic could use his speed to get past booby traps, and make sure it's safe for everyone to continue, and Sticks could keep look out for anything suspicious. That's how I would approach an episode featuring Amy with her archaeology skills. I want to see more of the gang getting into crazy situations, but sticking together and overcoming big challenges in order to make it through. I'm sick of characters being treated badly either throughout, or at the very end, and Amy has had some of the most annoying bad treatments in this show, in my opinion. 

A video of all the times the characters have said "Meh" in the series. Was it necessary, no, but I made it anyways, mostly out of boredom, lol. 

In fairness Amy dishes out as much as she takes. Just A Guy makes it easy to feel bad for how Sonic gets treated by her and the others for example. 

It tends to depend who's in the sympathetic limelight at the time. I admit some episodes are on the mean spirited side however, though it's at least indiscriminate.

• Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, SpongicX said:

A video of all the times the characters have said "Meh" in the series. Was it necessary, no, but I made it anyways, mostly out of boredom, lol. 

Hm, it's almost like I had a hand with making this show at some point... :P

• Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

In fairness Amy dishes out as much as she takes. Just A Guy makes it easy to feel bad for how Sonic gets treated by her and the others for example. 

It tends to depend who's in the sympathetic limelight at the time. I admit some episodes are on the mean spirited side however, though it's at least indiscriminate.

But Amy was only trying to help Sonic in that episode. It's not like she was one of the people who felt offended by Sonic's statement. She knew the town was mad at Sonic, and she wanted him to partake in her sensitivity class. Amy didn't fully understand that it wasn't really Sonic's fault, but was more like the villagers being stupid and overreacting over the dumbest things. Also, it's not like Sonic had to partake in her class, Amy didn't threaten them to show up or not. Also, everyone else in that episode seemed to enjoy Amy's training, despite being against it at first. Even at the end, it showed that Sticks, Knuckles, and Tails still stuck around for her class with smiles on their faces. I really don't see how Amy was bad in that episode. I also don't get why Sonic thought Amy was taking credit for his heroics at the end, all she did was state how she knew he would come back to save the day, if they gave him some alone time to calm down. Amy didn't go around claiming Sonic saved the day because of her teachings. Amy sounded like she was determined Sonic would come back around, so how is that "taking credit for Sonic's heroics?" It was a compliment towards Sonic, not a stroke of pride. 

I could argue Chez Amy was as much a case of this. Sonic and the others were perfectly willing to help Amy until she started treated them like work horses and insulting them, and even then they had no problem helping her fend off Eggman. Her downfall otherwise was caused by the poor decision of trusting both Eggman and Dave (and believing they could co operate) after she lost them. Things likely would have worked fine if she had just been nice to her workers.

14 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

I could argue Chez Amy was as much a case of this. Sonic and the others were perfectly willing to help Amy until she started treated them like work horses and insulting them, and even then they had no problem helping her fend off Eggman. Her downfall otherwise was caused by the poor decision of trusting both Eggman and Dave (and believing they could co operate) after she lost them. Things likely would have worked fine if she had just been nice to her workers.

I agree, she was very out of character in the episode, which is another reason why this feels like it was an episode made to pick on her. The whole episode just gave Amy a negative feel throughout. I would have loved the episode more if Amy was more likable, and if she didn't get so rude towards her friends. When I first saw the episode, I thought seeing a whole episode being about the gang opening a restaurant was a fun idea, but boy did they ruin it quickly after that... As a fan of Amy, this episode was just too painful to watch. It made a character totally unlikable, while also picking on that character throughout, it just kept adding onto the negativity.

I kind of had the same feelings towards Sonic in Designated Heroes. Yes, Sonic was a jerk throughout the episode and deserved to be punished, but was that really necessary? The whole episode took Sonic's helpful nature, and made him a smug ass towards his own best friends, because they couldn't beat their arch nemesis alone? Sonic should have been concerned that his friends lost, not laugh at them. The ending did not make things any better, if Sonic at least agreed to beating Eggman together, instead of hogging all the glory, his friends wouldn't have left him trapped with Eggman. Sonic may have gotten what he deserved, but it's still kind of annoying to see a beloved character become such a jerk. Not to mention, this is one of the last few episodes, which makes it seem like all the good times Sonic has had with his friends meant nothing. Sonic's jerk behavior in Designated Heroes made all of his best bud times with Tails in The Sidekick look meaningless, it made his moments with Amy from Translate This seem meaningless, it made all his times palling around with Knuckles look pointless, etc. Seriously, If they wanted to make an episode that put Sonic so out of character, why did they make that towards the end of the first season, instead of an earlier episode? At least the last episode of the first season got it right. 

I loved how in the season finale, Amy didn't seem like she was ordering her friends to build her bookcase, she was thanking them for helping her with it. I loved how even when they all messed up on building the bookcase, Amy didn't scowl, grunt, pout, nag, or yell. She just gave an embarrassed look and said "Good work team." It also helped show that Amy was just as clueless with building the book shelf as her friends were, so her response towards the mess it became was fair for her to say. She could have put the blame on them and yelled at them for messing it up, but they chose for Amy to handle it in a more likable fashion. I also love how Sonic and the gang were so invested in getting that shelf built, Sonic even got mad when Shadow destroyed it in the end, despite the fact it was just a pile of junk. That episode also did a great job at having the gang stick around, and fight bad guys. I also loved how they all formed together, and gave each other a fist bump at the end. That's what I want to see more of in later episodes. I want to see Sonic and friends having a good time, even when the going gets tough. I like seeing them hanging out, fighting evil, and having fun as a team, I do not like seeing them constantly groaning, moaning, and being mean towards each other. For episodes that do set up a conflict where the characters are mean towards each other, it would at least be nice to have the characters apologize or make up for their bad behavior. Look at Circus of Plunders for instance, Sticks was very harsh towards Tails' mess up at the beginning. She accused Tails of being a spy, and even tried taking his face off, to prove he's an impostor. In the end, she apologized to Tails for accusing him of being a double agent. Imagine how that episode would have ended if Tails saved everyone, and they just ignored him, and didn't thank him for saving them, that would have felt a little harsh towards Tails, especially after all the guilt he had at the beginning for nearly killing his friends with his new invention. 

18 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Imagine how that episode would have ended if Tails saved everyone, and they just ignored him, and didn't thank him for saving them, that would have felt a little harsh towards Tails, especially after all the guilt he had at the beginning for nearly killing his friends with his new invention. 

Sounds a lot like Translate This. :P

For some reason, I don't mind these episodes. I mean, I'm usually the first to outcry when I feel a character is acting like too much of jerk, but for some reason Boom's cases don't bother me, maybe because the execution is more petty and childish than some other interpretations that I find more odious. Boom Amy is bossy and pompous, but not a violent tempered bully like in points of Sonic X for example. That and the show is also at least rather indiscriminate about it. All the characters take turns acting up or playing the straight man, thus an equal amount of positive and negative (Knuckles admittedly gets the idiot ball too much, but even then in his own dim way he can point out when some else is acting up). It doesn't make the mistake of picking on the same characters over and over just to make their favourites look good like some medias do.

It might also be because they appeal to my guilty pleasure. I have a fondness for episodes where one of the heroes acts up and 'loses' in the end (eg. I always loved those odd times Bugs Bunny or Jerry lost).

Designated Heroes (what do you expect with a name like that? :P) I find tough to hate, since while maybe Sonic is a bit too obnoxious, it had a great plot concept. I like how it shown how this version of Eggman was still a devious bastard. He knows all the heroes' flaws off by heart and it's only the others supporting them that prevents him from playing on those and taking them all out. This is actually something I'd love to see more of in the games or comics versions (we get a bit with Knuckles' gullibility and a couple odd times with Sonic's hubris, but I feel there could be more). I love hero vs villain dynamics where the two sides play off of each other's personalities rather than just generic battles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, some of you may remember that way back when I first rejoined the Sonic Stadium, around the time Cabin Fever aired, while I was sharing my opinions on this show as a whole, I said I'd probably share my opinions on all the individual episodes I missed the chance to discuss with you guys at some point. Well, I was thinking that, starting today, I'd post a detailed review of at least one episode of Sonic Boom daily. I figure it'll be a good way to pass the time until season 2 finally premieres. These take a lot of time and effort to do, so if it seems no one's interested in discussing the episodes with me, I'll probably either stop posting these or not do it as much.

Alright, so without further ado, Episode 1: The Sidekick.

Looking back on this one, this definitely wasn't one of the funnier episodes of Sonic Boom, which is a bit of a problem since Boom's main mission is to make its audience laugh. There are a few jokes that work, but it is clear that the writers hadn't really "found their collective voice," so to speak, which is an issue than persists throughout all of the first eight episodes of Sonic Boom, which overall have a somewhat different feel from the rest of the show. My favorite joke, for reasons I cannot begin to explain because I don't know why myself, would have to be when Eggman's reading aloud Sonic's ad, and Orbot and Cubot respond with, "A resume reference is not that unreasonable, sir," "Especially in this job market!" For some reason, this exchange cracks me up every time. Knuckles is pretty funny, too, but he doesn't get much time to shine.

Now, just because the episode wasn't very funny doesn't mean the episode's not still good overall. My favorite thing about this episode is how fast paced it is, taking us from an actually fairly intense (at least by Sonic Boom standards) battle in the canyon, to a high speed race through the jungle, and, finally, to an epic final battle at the ice lake. It really makes this episode feel like an action adventure story, and I'd like to see more episodes like this one, though with the more refined humor of the later episodes. While I love Sonic Boom's brand of comedy, the action adventure aspect of this show (the main part that was advertised before the show's premiere), with the exception of a few episodes here and there, has really been lacking since after this episode.

Another thing I really like about this episode, which makes the action scenes a lot more fun to watch, is Sonic's running and spin animations. Rather than just showing Sonic running at normal speed and adding a blur effect or showing him as a blurry blue ball when he uses a spin attack, like in later episodes, they really show Sonic working his legs and show him spinning in a ball shape when he does a spin attack. This results in Sonic actually looking really fast when he hits top speed, and his homing attack actually looks powerful, and not as floaty as in later episodes. It's just an extra bit of polish I wish was present in all episodes.

Story wise, this episode is also one of the best examples of Sonic and Tails' bromance presented in this show. The end of the episode, and especially the climax where Sonic tries to allow himself to drown so Tails can escape, but Tails says, "That's not how sidekicks do!" is really heartwarming, and you can really feel the bond between Sonic and Tails. There are a couple nitpicks I have with the story, though. One: how much time could have passed between Tails' recovery and the race to Mt. Safety for Tails to have been able to repair the Ancient's Biplane (which is another thing I liked about this episode, as I prefer the Ancient Plane to Tails' more toyetic yellow plane)? Two: Sticks isn't introduced in this episode, which isn't really a problem for this episode on its own, but I feel it does create an issue for the next episode. I'll go into greater detail in my review of episode two.

So, overall, I really liked this episode. It's humor may be a bit lacking, but everything else is very well done. On the Sonic Boom scale, I give it a 9/10.

Also, does anyone else kind of feel like this episode takes place before Team Sonic is fully formed? If you ignore the game (why not? The show does), it seems like Amy and Knuckles are just longtime friends of Sonic's on the island, rather than teammates. We don't see them fight at all in this episode, and Amy's determination to be someone's sidekick (not just Sonic's, like a "promotion," she's willing to settle for Knuckles) is very odd. It's as if, between this episode and the next one, Sonic decided to form a team with his friends to shut them up about having Tails' sidekick position. Anyone else have anything to say on this?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Also, does anyone else kind of feel like this episode takes place before Team Sonic is fully formed? If you ignore the game (why not? The show does), it seems like Amy and Knuckles are just longtime friends of Sonic's on the island, rather than teammates. We don't see them fight at all in this episode, and Amy's determination to be someone's sidekick (not just Sonic's, like a "promotion," she's willing to settle for Knuckles) is very odd. It's as if, between this episode and the next one, Sonic decided to form a team with his friends to shut them up about having Tails' sidekick position. Anyone else have anything to say on this?

I'd say the opposite since the games are prequels to the show (or atleast the events were). I'm going to guess that some time has passed since Lyric came to the picture and the friendship between the gang was grown a lot more over that period. But that's just me.

But dude, that's a really good review! Looking forward to your reviews in coming days!

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Soni said:

I'd say the opposite since the games are prequels to the show (or atleast the events were). I'm going to guess that some time has passed since Lyric came to the picture and the friendship between the gang was grown a lot more over that period. But that's just me.

But dude, that's a really good review! Looking forward to your reviews in coming days!

Well, I do know that, canonically, the show takes place after the games, I was just saying that the team interaction in the episode could be looked at another way.

Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed my review! All my other reviews are going to be in a similar format, wherein I discuss what I felt worked and did not work when looking at the episodes from a more critical standpoint, share my personal favorite joke or moment in the episode, and point out anything else I noticed others may not have.

My next review should be out later tonight, and it probably won't be as long as my first one, because, frankly, there's not as much to say about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

Well, I do know that, canonically, the show takes place after the games, I was just saying that the team interaction in the episode could be looked at another way.

Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed my review! All my other reviews are going to be in a similar format, wherein I discuss what I felt worked and did not work when looking at the episodes from a more critical standpoint, share my personal favorite joke or moment in the episode, and point out anything else I noticed others may not have.

My next review should be out later tonight, and it probably won't be as long as my first one, because, frankly, there's not as much to say about it.

Elaborating on what you've said, the show and Rise of Lyric are actually really connected.