Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

1 hour ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I sure hope so! I really want to see more of those two. 

And Perci.

220x123-Jtk.jpg

And Charlie.

12224558_1671828133101323_604584046_n.jp

Oh, and one mustn't forget Random-ass Tiger!

latest?cb=20160113115900

So many characters that didn't get the chance to be developed! Hopefully season 2 will give them the treatment they deserve!

Oooh yeah, I would love to see Charlie being a more serious villain through his nerd look lel.

The Tiger's name is Tommy Thunder by the way.

Also, with Fire and Ice being delayed to the end of the year (even though it says Fall 2016 on that poster) then the TV show will come before the games simular to two years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Detective Zebra said:

Oooh yeah, I would love to see Charlie being a more serious villain through his nerd look lel.

I hope to see Charlie make use of more Ancient technology. I also want to see his wife get in on the evil! It'd be great to see those two as an evil duo.

Funnily enough, I actually found that out just today, but, to me, he will always be Random-ass Tiger.

4 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

And Perci.

220x123-Jtk.jpg

And Charlie.

latest?cb=20160113115900

So many characters that didn't get the chance to be developed! Hopefully season 2 will give them the treatment they deserve!

He sits like he has to pee.

So, with both Sonic Boom and Sonic X (Dub and Sub) being on Hulu, is there anyone here who'll be picking up Hulu for the first time in the spring?

1. What is Hulu? Is that like Netflix?

2. So, Fall? Thats pretty far from now.I hope they wont change the voice actors for some characters

Just now, Diamond said:

1. What is Hulu? Is that like Netflix?

2. So, Fall? Thats pretty far from now.I hope they wont change the voice actors for some characters

1. Yeah, pretty much. You can watch certain shows for free without needing a subscription, though.

2. I'm sure the voice actors will remain the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, maybe in the USA, but here if a new season of a cartoon comes after some time, its 90% sure theyll change the voices.

The voice actors will likely remain the same unless the games cast change.

I dunno if the show has any rights to use any more SEGA characters (I heard they kept a leash on what/who they could use). I would like to see better use of the original characters though. Zooey being more than a satellite love interest could be fun.

1 hour ago, E-122-Psi said:

The voice actors will likely remain the same unless the games cast change.

I dunno if the show has any rights to use any more SEGA characters (I heard they kept a leash on what/who they could use). I would like to see better use of the original characters though. Zooey being more than a satellite love interest could be fun.

Or twin-based shenanigans with Perci and Staci!

tumblr_nuaccxC7qA1uouf1fo1_500.gif

I'm serious, I want to see twin shenanigans. I was willing to let the "multiple Percis" thing slide in Battle of the Boy Bands since the animators had to fill out the crowd somehow, and the there were clones of the other females as well, the Perci ones were just more noticeable. Late Night Wars was just too blatant, though, so if they're going to spout some bullcrap that Perci has "her twin" with her in the above gif, then they really should just roll with that and have fun with it. I could respect that.

You know what I just realized I want to see in season 2? A "girls sleepover" episode with Amy, Sticks, Zooey and Perci all just having fun together and bonding. Then Eggman crashes the party for whatever reason, and all four of them help to kick his ass. I'm serious, that would be a great episode for Sonic Boom! Anyone care to share a plot you'd like to see in season 2? The possibilities are just endless!

7 hours ago, Detective Zebra said:

That is amazing and I want to see more of Tommy Thunder.

I'm hoping if they bring anymore Sega canon characters in the bring The Chaotix and Rouge in. I think they could do a lot of fun things with them. More Charlie, More Shadow and Eggman, Honestly I'm good with just more stuff like Season 1.

9 hours ago, Detective Zebra said:

>Season 2 confirmed

>Coming Fall 2016

Welp, we have to wait a wee bit more, but I can see why, still excited on what sort of suprises are awaiting us! I kinda guessed it would take place after Fire and Ice...

Hidden Content

I think we will

Shadow got toys to sell, and he got a few this year. Hopefully regarding his character iizuka put the fear in em.

For season 2. I hope they'll improve a lot, character model wise, location wise, animation wise and in general wise.

Don't get me wrong! They did a fine job with all the locations, original characters and the humor. I just want the show to look even better than before so it doesn't always look so stiff and awkward most of the time. They also need to add background music, not just for the beginning, end, and fight scenes but for when the actual episode is playing.

I can't really think of an episode that hasn't been done already but I hope for more adventure centric episodes like maybe a episode where they go to space or an episode where they back in time for next season.  @Hyper Enesephus

Ok, I got one: How about a Sixth Ranger episode where the team is having trouble fighting Eggman who went all out by having like a thousand or million more robots which gets the gang exhausted but then comes a brand new character and wipes them all out effortlessly. The gang is impressed by this new guy/girl and offers him/her to officially join Team Sonic. Now this can go 2 ways:

1. They go through the expected route and the new 6th member turns out to be evil and betrays the team (DUN DUN DUNN what a twist!) and is defeated in the end.

or

2.They can actually play it straight as an introduction episode for the new character who tries to impress everyone with his/her skills but comes off as a nuisance to the team. The new 6th member feels ashamed and starts to leave until his/her friends are in trouble and put his/her skills to the test and saves them thus earning his/her spot as the 6th member of the team.

As cliche as all of this sounds, I wouldn't mind seeing a legitimate new Boom character who's part of the main cast just like Sticks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Perci, if her removal from rise wasn't becoming irrelevant to what they had in mind would be 6.

As far as special ranger goes

You know goddamned well shadow is the the special ranger.

I'm waiting for that cleche to drop.

"Oh shadow you are actually good,and did a cool thing"

" yes, i am ultimate cool. Buy my toy"

Kids at home: yooooooooooo!

You mean like what happened in the games, but that isn't okay here because this series is satanic and murders 12 children and because you say so, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

You mean like what happened in the games, but that isn't okay here because this series is satanic and murders 12 children and because you say so, right?

Satanic? Nah.

Not that great, or interesting,  and visually deceiving in a way, and not that funny, visually uninteresting, some characters arent very good, and has yet to justify quality wise its focus on comedy. Sure.

Those things can be fixed. Heck the shoes direction could switch. People lodging criticism at the show isn't calling it satanic. There are much worse shows. But it aint the best either.

You're missing the point. I was exaggerating your already misplaced criticism and coupling it with the fact that the thing you're criticizing is already present in the main series, and yet I only see your condescending comparisons being pertained to the series that, all things considered, has done far less to deserve hate than the main franchise, and frankly is probably worsened by being attached to it.

3 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Or twin-based shenanigans with Perci and Staci!

tumblr_nuaccxC7qA1uouf1fo1_500.gif

I'm serious, I want to see twin shenanigans. I was willing to let the "multiple Percis" thing slide in Battle of the Boy Bands since the animators had to fill out the crowd somehow, and the there were clones of the other females as well, the Perci ones were just more noticeable. Late Night Wars was just too blatant, though, so if they're going to spout some bullcrap that Perci has "her twin" with her in the above gif, then they really should just roll with that and have fun with it. I could respect that.

You know what I just realized I want to see in season 2? A "girls sleepover" episode with Amy, Sticks, Zooey and Perci all just having fun together and bonding. Then Eggman crashes the party for whatever reason, and all four of them help to kick his ass. I'm serious, that would be a great episode for Sonic Boom! Anyone care to share a plot you'd like to see in season 2? The possibilities are just endless!

Maybe, but I would maybe like focus on Zooey and Perci that revolves around more character than just 'they're girls'. Seriously both their starring episodes were mainly revolved around a male lead drooling over them. Amy and Sticks get leeway with this because they get plenty of spotlight and development besides this characteristic, but these two need personality, especially since they're among the very few sympathetic civilian characters.

Kinda off topic, but does anyone get a Coco Bandicoot vibe from Perci, especially since she's even the same species?

I admit a Staci gag could be fun. In fact more mythology gags that Season One dabbled with would be great.

1 minute ago, E-122-Psi said:

Maybe, but I would maybe like focus on Zooey and Perci that revolves around more character than just 'they're girls'. Seriously both their starring episodes were mainly revolved around a male lead drooling over them. Amy and Sticks get leeway with this because they get plenty of spotlight and development besides this characteristic, but these two need personality, especially since they're among the very few sympathetic civilian characters.

I admit a Staci gag could be fun. In fact more mythology gags that Season One dabbled with would be great.

I never said I wanted more episodes where they're drooling over men. I just said that if the writers are going to say Perci has a twin, then they should use that twin as a character and have some fun with it.

25 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I never said I wanted more episodes where they're drooling over men. I just said that if the writers are going to say Perci has a twin, then they should use that twin as a character and have some fun with it.

No I meant the whole girls sleepover thing, I mean it's not a bad idea, but I'd like an episode that isn't pivoted around their gender first.

Oh other suggestion, put in the full opening titles. I know it might take another half minute off the already short running episodes, but it seems a waste not to use it. At least use a LITTLE more of the footage or do what The Simpsons do and have different length intros according to what the episode spans.

Out of curiosity does the DVD still use the truncated intro?

4 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

No I meant the whole girls sleepover thing, I mean it's not a bad idea, but I'd like an episode that isn't pivoted around their gender first.

Well, that's all well and good, but I don't see why you need to point that out anyway. I just think it's a fun idea, it wouldn't have to be the first thing the writers do with them, anyway.

Also, I really don't see how that plot is necessarily "pivoted around their gender" any more than, say, Bro-Down Showdown was just because Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman were the leads. Just because all the female leads would be hanging out together wouldn't mean they'd have to do stereotypically "girly" things (well, outside Amy).

43 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

You're missing the point. I was exaggerating your already misplaced criticism and coupling it with the fact that the thing you're criticizing is already present in the main series, and yet I only see your condescending comparisons being pertained to the series that, all things considered, has done far less to deserve hate than the main franchise, and frankly is probably worsened by being attached to it.

I criticize the main series also? Because i enjoy sonic things and hope it does better. I'll be the first one to tell lost world is really really bad actually. And i like it less than any sonic boom anything 

But you assumed my criticism was only held for boom. And you assume my criticism is misplaced. How does it go "you make an ass out of you and me when you assume"

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I criticize the main series also? Because i enjoy sonic things and hope it does better. I'll be the first one to tell lost world is really really bad actually. And i like it less than any sonic boom anything 

But you assumed my criticism was only held for boom. And you assume my criticism is misplaced. How does it go "you make an ass out of you and me when you assume"

No, I wasn't assuming, the evidence is there. My point is that the specific criticism you have is something you're using to fault Boom in particular, when it is not exclusive to Boom and I daresay a worse problem in the main series. If anything, you're the one assuming, thinking I'm blindly hating on you for your criticisms against Boom and acting like I've never seen any of your other posts, and you've chosen to bring up an entirely unrelated (and might I add, much more contrived and incorrect) argument about Lost World to oppose me. Seems like you're trying to argue something you don't need to, it you ask me.

25 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Out of curiosity does the DVD still use the truncated intro?

The DVD uses the US/UK 17 second intro. 

12 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

And Perci.

220x123-Jtk.jpg

And Charlie.

latest?cb=20160113115900

Speaking of characters. Does anyone feel the reason Boom has so many original and new characters so people won't complain about the main series having too many characters?

1 minute ago, Dan-Dude said:

Speaking of characters. Does anyone feel the reason Boom has so many original and new characters so people won't complain about the main series having too many characters?

Eh, I think it's just because it's a cartoon and, generally, a cartoon needs a lot of recurring characters for the main cast to interact with to keep things interesting.

• Thumbs Up 4