Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

11 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Eh, I think it's just because it's a cartoon and, generally, a cartoon needs a lot of recurring characters for the main cast to interact with to keep things interesting.

Still, It feels weird to have a spin off series to have so many interesting ( and not so interesting) characters with unique designs where the main series doesn't. If not for the dumb complaints, some Boom exclusive characters could've had the potienial to be main series characters.

or maybe not.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

No, I wasn't assuming, the evidence is there. My point is that the specific criticism you have is something you're using to fault Boom in particular, when it is not exclusive to Boom and I daresay a worse problem in the main series. If anything, you're the one assuming, thinking I'm blindly hating on you for your criticisms against Boom and acting like I've never seen any of your other posts, and you've chosen to bring up an entirely unrelated (and might I add, much more contrived and incorrect) argument about Lost World to oppose me. Seems like you're trying to argue something you don't need to, it you ask me.

Oh, you one of these folks. Im good dude, you win whatever contest you think you in. You are saying opinions are objectively wrong, and suggesting thst because i talked shit about boom, i never talked shit about any other sonic. Even though i have. To facilitate sone narrative that makes you feel good

Im good fam.

Im not even old and i'm too old for this

There are so many ideas I'd love to see for new episodes of Sonic Boom. I have a list of ideas.

Homeless Sweet Homeless - The gang realize Knuckles has no home, so they try to find him a new one. 

Tale of a Tail - After Tails gets fed up with strangers making fun of his two tails, he makes an invention that combined his Tails into one tail. Tails soon realizes he was a lot better off the way he was, and tries finding a way to get his second tail back.

Sticks in the Mud - The gang start finding it hard to hang around Sticks, when they start noticing she hasn't taken a bath in weeks. Even Eggman is repulsed to attack Sonic and the gang with Stinks being as filthy as she is. The gang try forcing Sticks to get clean.

A Friend In Need, of Help - After Amy gets knocked out during an Eggman attack, Sticks vows she'll never let Amy get hurt again. Eventually, things get way out of hand, when Amy starts feeling trapped in her own home, due to Sticks fearing Amy will hurt herself. Sticks gets so worked up about Amy's safety, that she doesn't even trust Sonic and the gang to come near Amy.

Knock, Knock, It's Knuckles - Eggman tricks Knuckles into becoming a door to door salesman, in order to slip his latest scheme across the village. Knuckles has no idea what he's selling, but he manages to come up with some clever ideas on all the great things people can do with this product he's selling. 

Sleep Over The Top - Sonic and Tails decide to spy on Amy's sleepover with Sticks, Perci, and Zooey, because they want to know if Amy and Zooey will talk about them. Knuckles just chooses to spy on them, because he's mad that he wasn't invited into a "girls slumber party". 

Hedgehog Haven - After Sonic and Amy defeated Eggman in an intense battle, they just want to relax, but keep getting interrupted by their friends' shenanigans. Sonic then finds out that he was selected for a hedgehogs only vacation getaway for 2. Sonic and Amy take this opportunity to take a flight to Hedgehog Haven for a nice time of relaxation on a remote island. Tails starts wondering where Sonic went off to, only to find Sonic's flyer for his vacation laying around. Tails looks up information on Hedgehog Haven, and finds a horrifying discovery that Hedgehog Haven doesn't exist, and the address listed on the flyer is actually an island owned by T.W. Barker. Tails, Sticks, and Knuckles quickly fly off in hopes of saving Sonic and Amy from whatever T.W. Barker is up to. 

Froglodite Rock - The Froglodites manage to talk Amy into letting them out, after they share a shocking story about why Sticks locked them in her basement. Amy learns that Sticks invaded their home, locked them up, and built her home around it. Amy makes a deal with them that she'll let the Froglodites out if they swear not to try taking Sticks again, and that they'll share Sticks' burrow and try to get along. Things do not go well when Sticks finds the Froglodites living in her home. Were the Froglodites telling the truth, or is this some sick trick? 

Pyramid Bot - Orbot and Cubot build a third Robot, in order to help them with Dr Eggman's orders, but they end up building a robot servant that's better than both of them combined, which ends up making their lives worse.

Casting Away - The gang go on a fishing trip, and try having a friendly competition of catching the most fish, while utilizing their own unique approaches

Animated Mania - After Amy introduces the gang to the art of animation, they all decide to make their own animations, and watch them as a group. Each gang used their own approach and style for making a film. Knuckles makes a crudely drawn movie using crayons and paper, Sticks made a paper cut out styled movie, Tails made a CGI film, Sonic made a stop motion film, and Amy animated hers with water color paint. 

Knuckles Knowledge - After the gang gets sick of Knuckle's dimwitted antics ruining some of their attack strategies, Tails invents a way to make Knuckles smarter. However this ends up making Knuckles too smart and snarky, to the point of even upsetting Eggman. Eggman decides to team up with Tails, in order to find a way to get the old Knuckles back. 

Mother Meh I? - Things get very awkward for the village when Eggman starts going out with Dave's Mom, especially for Dave. 

Walrus Are Us - Amy offers to look after Lady Walrus' kids, after noticing how often she loses track of her kids. Amy thinks Lady Walrus might need some time away from the kids, in order to do a better job with looking after them. However, Amy quickly realizes that these kids are too much to handle, even with the help of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Sticks. They end up chasing the kids across the village, the jungle, the canyons, and even Eggman's lair. 

Those are just a few fun ideas I'd love to see made into episodes. I hope you all liked some of these. 

[/spoiler}

• Thumbs Up 7

I'd like to see more episodes centered around Eggman and Knuckles. I really do enjoy these characters and I want to see more of them. 

10 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Or twin-based shenanigans with Perci and Staci!

tumblr_nuaccxC7qA1uouf1fo1_500.gif

I'm serious, I want to see twin shenanigans. I was willing to let the "multiple Percis" thing slide in Battle of the Boy Bands since the animators had to fill out the crowd somehow, and the there were clones of the other females as well, the Perci ones were just more noticeable. Late Night Wars was just too blatant, though, so if they're going to spout some bullcrap that Perci has "her twin" with her in the above gif, then they really should just roll with that and have fun with it. I could respect that.

You know what I just realized I want to see in season 2? A "girls sleepover" episode with Amy, Sticks, Zooey and Perci all just having fun together and bonding. Then Eggman crashes the party for whatever reason, and all four of them help to kick his ass. I'm serious, that would be a great episode for Sonic Boom! Anyone care to share a plot you'd like to see in season 2? The possibilities are just endless!

I too have a concept for a sleepover episode, except my version would include Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles spying on them. Sonic and Tails fear that Amy and Zooey might talk about them, and Knuckles is just there, because he's mad that Amy didn't invite him, despite the fact it's a girls only sleepover. Things get hard for the gang to prevent blowing their cover, especially when Perci and Zooey start fighting after arguing over which one of them Tails probably loves more. Tails tries going in to break it off, but Sonic and Knuckles restrain Tails. Eventually, Eggman comes in and captures the girls, in order to use them as bait for another attack on Sonic. The boys then have to save the girls, even if it means the girls will find out they were spying on them the whole time. After the gang rescues the girls and defeat Eggman, Amy then thanks Sonic and the gang. Amy then tells Sonic how she's flattered with how they spied on Eggman, to make sure he didn't ruin their party, Sonic then feels shocked that she didn't realize that they were actually spying on her and the girls, and he decides to go along with that story. Before the guys head out, the girls ask if the guys would like to stay around for a while, and the guys accept. 

39 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I too have a concept for a sleepover episode, except my version would include Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles spying on them. Sonic and Tails fear that Amy and Zooey might talk about them, and Knuckles is just there, because he's mad that Amy didn't invite him, despite the fact it's a girls only sleepover. Things get hard for the gang to prevent blowing their cover, especially when Perci and Zooey start fighting after arguing over which one of them Tails probably loves more. Tails tries going in to break it off, but Sonic and Knuckles restrain Tails. Eventually, Eggman comes in and captures the girls, in order to use them as bait for another attack on Sonic. The boys then have to save the girls, even if it means the girls will find out they were spying on them the whole time. After the gang rescues the girls and defeat Eggman, Amy then thanks Sonic and the gang. Amy then tells Sonic how she's flattered with how they spied on Eggman, to make sure he didn't ruin their party, Sonic then feels shocked that she didn't realize that they were actually spying on her and the girls, and he decides to go along with that story. Before the guys head out, the girls ask if the guys would like to stay around for a while, and the guys accept. 

I like the idea of Sonic and Tails spying on the girls to see if they have anything to say about them, and I really like the idea of Knuckles just tagging along because he's jealous he wasn't invited, it sounds very "Knuckles." However, I don't think Perci and Zooey should fight over Tails. I actually think it'd be funny if they didn't talk about guys at all (except perhaps towards the end, right as Eggman crashes the party), leaving Sonic and Tails incredibly bored. I also don't think Eggman should capture the girls, requiring the guys to save them. Personally, I prefer my idea of the girls defeating Eggman together (tell me you wouldn't want to see Perci in action at long last).

To add to your idea of Knuckles being upset he wasn't invited, I could actually see him crossdressing attempting to join the party. Maybe the girls could actually let him in after a while, and Knuckles has a ton of fun!

I like a lot of your other episode ideas too, by the way. I'll probably share a few more of my own at some point.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I like the idea of Sonic and Tails spying on the girls to see if they have anything to say about them, and I really like the idea of Knuckles just tagging along because he's jealous he wasn't invited, it sounds very "Knuckles." However, I don't think Perci and Zooey should fight over Tails. I actually think it'd be funny if they didn't talk about guys at all (except perhaps towards the end, right as Eggman crashes the party), leaving Sonic and Tails incredibly bored. I also don't think Eggman should capture the girls, requiring the guys to save them. Personally, I prefer my idea of the girls defeating Eggman together (tell me you wouldn't want to see Perci in action at long last).

To add to your idea of Knuckles being upset he wasn't invited, I could actually see him crossdressing attempting to join the party. Maybe the girls could actually let him in after a while, and Knuckles has a ton of fun!

I like a lot of your other episode ideas too, by the way. I'll probably share a few more of my own at some point.

Or, after Sonic and the gang rescue the girls, what if the girls then kicked Eggman's butt? That would still be fun to watch. What would also be funny is if while the guys are spying on the girls, they notice how the girls are getting ready to watch a movie. Eventually Sonic asks Knuckles a question, only to notice Knuckles isn't there anymore. Sonic then looks back inside Amy's house, and notices how Knuckles is inside the house trying to watch the movie. Sonic then has to quickly and quietly rush in and get Knuckles out of there, before the girls notice them. That would be funny. 

When I said Perci and Zooey started fighting about who Tails probably likes more, I didn't mean that they should physically start cat fighting. I meant maybe a little tension goes in between them, but quickly calms down after a while. It's obvious both girls like Tails, so I just thought it would be believable that if Amy were to ask if there were any guys they both liked, they would probably both say Tails, and get jealous over the thought of which one of them Tails likes better. 

One thing I think could be funny is if they actually tie into Knuckles' echidna history...but twisted up according to his personality. Maybe his dumbness was handed down the gene pool. Imagine a counterpart of Athair who tries to act as his spirit guide, but screws up all the philosophy or loses track of what he wanted to say, or one of Tikal who accidentally teleports a lamp post or teddy bear to discuss her dark past, where her clan of imbecilic echidna warriors bugged their cranky next door neighbour Chaos to the point of an insane rampage. Of course Knuckles would be feel insecure around them...the brainiacs they are.

Episode idea; echidna ghosts repeatedly try to warn Knuckles of a prophesy....but become engrossed in his trash can game. By the end of the episode there's three dozen evil masterminds of average intelligence haunting his home.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont... I dont even want them to touch that. I dont want them to ruin what knuckles has left 

Maybe when shadow gets fixed, then do that.

If Super Sonic was in Sonic Boom, this is what he might look like:

tumblr_o32grrWf591uve9kao1_540.png

This is a fan render but think about it, wouldn't it had been cool? 

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Mikgenes said:

There should totally be an episode in season 2 where Sonic actually does turn Super, but, in Sonic Boom fashion, used for comedy rather than epicness. Like, perhaps, Sonic discovers he can run so fast he can practically slow time for himself, and decides to goof around with Eggman. Or maybe he uses his invincibility to start doing dangerous and stupid stunts on request, but is powered down (maybe by Eggman as revenge for Sonic messing with him) right as he's in the middle of the biggest stunt of all.

I just think that, since this is a Sonic series, Sonic Boom should make humor out of various things in the Sonic series, like Super Sonic, or special stages or rings.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Super sonic isn't s thing. They said.

Which im fine with.

What I remember them saying, effectively, is that "Chaos Emeralds aren't a thing, but that may change in the future."

Anyway, even if they never do use the Chaos Emeralds, I'm allowed to say I want them to.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

What I remember them saying, effectively, is that "Chaos Emeralds aren't a thing, but that may change in the future."

Anyway, even if they never do use the Chaos Emeralds, I'm allowed to say I want them to.

Thats fine.

I don't, super sonic and super shadow would devaluethe rest the cast. The games at least are about team work. Everyonrecontributes abilities to the squad. The only person i kinda wanna see any type of power up is shadow. Because just make hypothetical future levels with him harder because he wouldn't have a team.

As far as sonic goes, his power up is his friends, thats all i want out of boom.

Super, whatever forms ruin everything characters ,story just everything. Because writing becomes predictable. When do you find maguffins, so super whoever whoever happens. 

While sonic boom ain't the best , games and cartoon are still the most potentially thing sonic has on the market. And i want it to stay interesting.

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Thats fine.

I don't, super sonic and super shadow would devaluethe rest the cast. The games at least are about team work. Everyonr contributes abilities to the squad. The only person i kinda wanna see any type of power up is shadow. Because just make hypothetical future levels with him harder because have a team.

As far as sonic goes, his power up is his friends, thats all i want out of boom.

Super, whatever forms ruin everything characters ,story just everythhing. Because writing becomes predictable.

While sonic boom ain't the best , games and cartoon are still the most potentially thing sonic has on the market. And i want it to stay interesting.

Did you miss the part where I said Super Sonic, if ever used, should be used for comedy? How would that negate the point of the series?

10 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Did you miss the part where I said Super Sonic, if ever used, should be used for comedy? How would that negate the point of the series?

Because it wouldn't just be used for that. As much as people like to believe that all boom is in all forums is comedy , but it isn't . There are games, occasional comics, and toys, and those tell a much different story than the show. And while not all things between the show and the games and everything else are shared, super sonic or super shadow would goddamned be. 

I want a team , where everyone is valueable to the team. 

They have ancient folks, maybe everyone can get an ancients power, make everyone unique. But I don't want " did you like anyone who wasn't sonic and shadow, you fucked up" 

Sonic Boom can't be serious enough to have a super form. It just can't.
Also there are no reasons of it to be there at all....

Cool render though. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Because it wouldn't just be used for that. As much as people like to believe that all boom is in all forums is comedy , but it isn't . There are games, occasional comics, and toys, and those tell a much different story than the show. And while not all things between the show and the games and everything else are shared, super sonic or super shadow would goddamned be. 

I want a team , where everyone is valueable to the team. 

Well, I'm talking about the TV show specifically.

They have ancient folks, maybe everyone can get an ancients power, make everyone unique. But I don't want " did you like anyone who wasn't sonic and shadow, you fucked up"

Uh, I've never heard anyone say that, or at least no one intelligent.

36 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

He just said it right now, that counts right no it doesn't

Basically anything can exist in the show as long as they play it right, and as it stands, the verdict on emeralds in Boom is "they miiight be" which translates to "we don't fuckin know m8". That said, we're limited to none of the canon series rules. Maybe Sonic needs something other than chaos emeralds to transform, maybe it's triggered entirely differently. So what I'm saying here is yes, it's possible, and no, we shouldn't freak out about things we haven't got a clue the way they're going to play it if at all. The thing for me is that Super Sonic should be a last resort scenario that, while possible, fucks up a bunch of stuff in the process. In StC, it was a homicidal alternate personality, and in this series, it could be the fact that he's so powerful he accidentally breaks anything in the process. But the right move would be three things: one, loosen him up a bit. The canon Super Sonic is basically God for the amount of power he exhibits. Two, use him sparingly. The other problem the main series has is too many Super Sonic final bosses. In a show, you can use a transformation differently, especially if he's not shoved in at the last moment like the games. Three, make him something different than a simple powerup, and make it funny. Maybe Super Sonic has a different personality than main Sonic, and constantly hams it up with a silly booming superhero voice. Maybe there's a convention for only people with yellow fur and Sonic transforms because he hears they've got the best chili dog maker in the world there and everyone keeps looking at Tails and saying "he's orange, not yellow" so he can't go (maybe something in there about trying to go along with Zooey). Maybe Sonic at one point gets addicted to going super and has to be forced out of it (by Knuckles, or Eggman, hell maybe even Shadow).

2 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

No one says that, it an idea that pops up in various properties. Where on or a few characters get a power and instantly devalues the other ones because the story shifts towards the powered up guys, and the non ones become less needed.

There are ways to get around this, but as of currently the folks writing boom dont eh...well see.

Just now, Shadowlax said:

No one says that, it an idea that pops up in various properties. Where on or a few characters get a power and instantly devalues the other ones because the story shifts towards the powered up guys, and the non ones become less needed.

There are ways to get around this, but as of currently the folks writing boom dont eh...well see.

Like using Super Sonic for comedy rather than for battle? Anyway, if they do show up, the writers probably won't be obligated to make them work the way they do in the main series. In the Boom-verse, everyone might be able to use them (which might actually be really funny).

7 hours ago, Mikgenes said:

Rafa Knight is getting better at Boom models holy smokes.

22 hours ago, Mikgenes said:

His scarf glowing is stupid, but I do like that the "chaos Emeralds" have their own unique shape. It helps give them an identity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, one way to incorporate Super form into Boom would be for satirizing how much of a Deux Ex Machina it is. Like the premise would be Sonic finds a way to go Super all the time and use it to beat Robotnik and his baddies and other threats. However, it feels too easy for him and doesn't feel challenged enough against the forces of evil and just bores him. So in the end he swears off using his Super form forever.

It'll be pretty ironic for Boom to have Super Sonic as a one-off/one-shot thing opposed to how often Super is show cased in the main series.

Speaking of forms and other series, I think it would be interesting to have Werehog to show up one time in An American Werewolf in London parody or where Sonic gets bitten by some were-creature. I can even see a storybook series reference where one or more gets sucked into a certain tale, like Sonic or Amy in Wonderland or something similar.

• Thumbs Up 4