Jump to content
Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion


Ming Ming Hatsune
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, SpongicX said:

 

Come on, America still hasn't gotten volume 1 yet, and why the heck isn't any of this on Blu Ray? This show deserves HD releases as well. 

Correction: NO ONE but UK has these.

EDIT: Why do i get so many likes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So this might be weird to make notice of this now but there's this guy who does commentaries and YouTube poops of Sonic Boom and he made a video on what he wanted to see from Season 2 of Boom. I personally can agree with the points he said, like how the show should be more connected to the game, the animations being better (though no bashing on how awful the liquids look), an actual plot can help make Sonic and crew be active heroes and then do the occasional cooldown sitcomy episode and stuff. So what do you guys think?

Spoiler

Man, this is so fucking weird to post this now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Snowragnarok

Can new echidna characters be created for Sonic Boom, where Knuckles is just this bulky village idiot and his backstory is completely irrelevant? I mean, this show has little to no continuity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I guess they could but what would a new echidna character offer in Boom that can't be replaced by other pre-established Boom characters?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryannumber1Scarer

So, I had a few ideas for Boom episodes.

Universal Hedgehog (2 Part Special) : 

After a huge fight over Knuckles' stupidity, Knuckles storms off, and wants to prove that he can be smart. When he tries to go to the library to read in order to make himself smarter, he gets bored easily. He realizes there and then that he doesn't need to do the work of making himself smart because there's someone else out there that already exists! The second dimension Knuckles! He breaks into Tails' lab during nighttime, and attempts to create a universal portal, only for it to blow up in his face, making him believe that he failed.

The next day, Sonic is walking through the line at Meh Burger, only to be told outright by Dave that he can't make multiple orders at once due to Dave being "too lazy". Sonic questions how he is making two orders at once when he only arrived, when suddenly, Sonic hears someone running extremely fast. Thinking it's Shadow causing trouble, he chases after the speedster, and catches him, only to reveal...himself, only without the extra quells and the scarf! 

When Knuckles opened up the universal portal, he did bring in alternative versions of themselves, their Modern counterparts! But the problems only arise from there, as the Modern!Eggman has managed to team up with Boom!Eggman and has made him realize that the master emerald found in the Boomverse holds great power, the two planning to use both master emeralds to take over their universes. The two steal the Boomverse Master Emerald, and begin dimension hopping until they manage to get back to the Modern!Verse. Both the Boom and Modern casts need to team up in order to stop the doctors.

Running from the Future:

One day at Meh Burger, Sonic and friends are thinking about how their futures will go, Suddenly, a massive flash occurs in Meh Burger, and out of a portal, a grey hedgehog with telekinetic abilities emerges. His name is Silver the Hedgehog, and he is here to save his future. He tells Sonic and his friends that he requires their help to save the future. So they runs over, and shuts down Meh Burger, claiming their awful food, and lousy service allows Dave to gain enough money to eventually surpass Eggman, and take over the world. Now out of the job, Dave swears revenge, and escapes to his mother's basement.

Later that night however, Silver arrives at Sonic's doorstep, and begins taking advantage of his status as a time traveller to force Sonic and his friends to do the most small, silly tasks for him, and even hand over his processions in order to ensure the "future" Silver keeps claiming is in danger. It's now up to Team Sonic to figure out a way to get rid of the lazy teenage hedgehog and ensure their future's safety at the same time.

Robotic Replacement:

After Metal Sonic fails Eggman one times too many, Eggman fires him, forcing Metal Sonic to live on Bygone Island. After he tries to adapt to life without a boss, and a job, he soon discovers Team Sonic, but without direct orders, does not want to attack them. Sonic wants to just outright kick him off the island due to the trouble he's caused before, but Amy's compassion forces them to talk to Metal. Amy suddenly asks Metal Sonic to join Team Sonic, shocking Sonic outright. Metal accepts, and begins outshining Sonic on every aspect. Sonic eventually gets sick of Metal's antics and snaps at him, but the result causes Tails, Amy and Knuckles to kick Sonic out of the team, due to his constant snapping, and him causing trouble due to trying to outshine Metal. However, it turns out that this was Eggman's plan all along, and now he has a main way of controlling the rest of Team Sonic through Metal. It's now up to Sonic to save Team Sonic before Metal causes them to destroy them all.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, The Very First Miru to Me said:

Can new echidna characters be created for Sonic Boom, where Knuckles is just this bulky village idiot and his backstory is completely irrelevant? I mean, this show has little to no continuity?

That gives me an idea. Have they ever once stated or at least implied that Boom Knuckles was the last of his kind much like his modern counterpart?

I think this could a good opportunity to create and introduce new echidna characters to Boom and not go against modern Knuckles' purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Destructo-Duck said:

That gives me an idea. Have they ever once stated or at least implied that Boom Knuckles was the last of his kind much like his modern counterpart?

I think this could a good opportunity to create and introduce new echidna characters to Boom and not go against modern Knuckles' purpose.

What if it turned out there was a whole clan of Echidnas Knuckles comes from that guard the Master Emerald on Angel Island, and one comes to Bygone Island to bring Knuckles back to his responsibilities/destiney?

Of course, this is Sonic Boom, so I don't expect anything like that to happen in a million years, hence why I didn't bother to spoiler this idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I actually had interesting idea for a Boom-isode when I was talking to some lame Sonic Boom Hater group and I personally found it to be an interesting idea. Though it may not be great enough to be an entire episode but I feel this could be a creative action scene to say the least.

Spoiler

So the episode starts off with the gang just playing a simple game of hopscotch, at this moment Eggman decides to attack Sonic and crew. And since the crew doesn't want to stop playing their game, they fend off against the attack while playing hopscotch. 

Meh, I'll admit I'm probably not that great of a brainstormer for decent ideas for Boom-isodes like Hyper or Spongic but I feel it can work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

What if it turned out there was a whole clan of Echidnas Knuckles comes from that guard the Master Emerald on Angel Island, and one comes to Bygone Island to bring Knuckles back to his responsibilities/destiney?

Of course, this is Sonic Boom, so I don't expect anything like that to happen in a million years, hence why I didn't bother to spoiler this idea.

As mentioned before, I like the idea of Knuckles' echidna tribe being mentioned or shown in flashbacks or even in spiritual form, but to add to the comedy, despite all the mystique involving his past and heritage, the stupidity was also inherited from them. Imagine a ghost like Tikal or Athair appearing to help warn or teach the heroes...but fumble on what they were sent for, or even just sticks around their shack and makes a nuisance of themselves. The haunting that never leaves. :P

With all that said however, I would like to see some episodes that focus on Knuckles NOT being incompetent. You can make simple characters still have some fun element of clarity after all.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

With all that said however, I would like to see some episodes that focus on Knuckles NOT being incompetent. You can make simple characters still have some fun element of clarity after all.

I agree with this sentiment 100%. I don't mind Knuckles being stupid whatsoever, but, if that's all the writers do with him as the show goes on, it'll only lead to flanderization, which could potentially make my favorite character unlikable, which I don't even want to think about. Granted, some may argue Knuckles in Sonic Boom is already flanderized from his main series counterpart, but I wouldn't say he's yet been fully boiled down to the single personality trait of "stupid,"  and I'm talking about flanderization within Sonic Boom alone, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the thing is that, all the other heroes have a defining quirk, and while it's used a whole lot for humour or moments of weakness, they still get some palpable spotlight over their positive qualities. eg. Sticks does her paranoia shtick A LOT but there's still several moments that invert it for positive light (eg. Role Models) or display her other qualities like her experience in the outdoors (eg. Into The Wilderness, which expectedly made Knuckles her Straw Loser). Knuckles is dumb....but doesn't really get much else to balance it. Even his strength seems undermined since he's often the butt monkey, and most of the heroes get to be shown as near equally strong anyway. There are some hints to him being kinda laid back or having some hidden shade of obscure intellect, but it's usually pawned off in favour of his egotistical, ornery side, so even more flaws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So, I had a few ideas for Boom episodes.

 

Hidden Content

 

I don't know, the first episode you listed sounds too complicated, since Knuckles wasn't too bright when it came to his alternate dimension self. He seemed absolutely clueless over that Knuckles being from another world. I highly doubt Knuckles would try bringing that guy into their dimension, even by accident. I also highly doubt Sonic would automatically assume some suspicious activity would be coming from Shadow. Shadow is not very big in the show, and it would make more sense for Sonic to assume Eggman was up to something.

 

Your second episode listed sounds a bit too forced upon with it's plot. An episode that starts out with Sonic and the gang imagining their futures seems a bit weird for the characters. Also, it would probably cause some fan frustrations with how the characters' futures are portrayed. The fact that Silver just shows up immediately after seems a little too forced upon. 

 

I'm sorry to say this, but The Robot Replacement episode honestly sounds depressing and mean spirited. It sounds like a negative episode, since it would be about the whole gang being jerks towards a certain character. Haven't we had enough of these kinds of episodes already? It just sounds forced upon. The episode could work though, but I think it should play out where Sonic  is against it at first, but opens up when he sees how useful having Metal Sonic is. The whole thing could then be revealed to be a trap, but Metal Sonic is conflicted between his programming, and being friends with Sonic. The episode could end with Metal Sonic heroically sacrificing himself to stop Eggman and save Sonic and friends. Metal Sonic gets destroyed in the impact, and leaves Sonic and the gang mourning over Metal Sonic for saving their lives. Eggman is then shown repairing Metal Sonic, and striving to make him better and badder than ever.

 

Honestly, Metal Sonic joining team Sonic sounds like a good episode, but I do not like the concept of it being like Blue With Envy. It would be interesting to see Eggman's intended plan backfire, and to see Metal Sonic doing his best to not kill Sonic, and to not give into Eggman's evil programming. 

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just giving my honest opinion. I'm trying to think in concept of how the characters would properly act in an episode, and some of this just doesn't sound unique enough for a Sonic Boom episode. I do think some of these concepts have potential, but only if they have enough changes to give them a more unique feel from other episodes in the show, without going too far from the show's setting. I do think it would be great to see an episode where Silver somehow appears in the show, but to have him listed as a character who suddenly appears and does the whole "I've come from the future, and must save the world" cliche, it would be more interesting to have it be where the episode starts off showing where SIlver is, and to have him somehow be attacked by an arch enemy, which traps him back in time, without Silver realizing he was sent to the past. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryannumber1Scarer
13 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I don't know, the first episode you listed sounds too complicated, since Knuckles wasn't too bright when it came to his alternate dimension self. He seemed absolutely clueless over that Knuckles being from another world. I highly doubt Knuckles would try bringing that guy into their dimension, even by accident. I also highly doubt Sonic would automatically assume some suspicious activity would be coming from Shadow. Shadow is not very big in the show, and it would make more sense for Sonic to assume Eggman was up to something.

 

Your second episode listed sounds a bit too forced upon with it's plot. An episode that starts out with Sonic and the gang imagining their futures seems a bit weird for the characters. Also, it would probably cause some fan frustrations with how the characters' futures are portrayed. The fact that Silver just shows up immediately after seems a little too forced upon. 

 

I'm sorry to say this, but The Robot Replacement episode honestly sounds depressing and mean spirited. It sounds like a negative episode, since it would be about the whole gang being jerks towards a certain character. Haven't we had enough of these kinds of episodes already? It just sounds forced upon. The episode could work though, but I think it should play out where Sonic where Sonic is against it at first, but opens up when he sees how useful having Metal Sonic is. The whole thing could then be revealed to be a trap, but Metal Sonic is conflicted between his programming, and being friends with Sonic. The episode could end with Metal Sonic heroically sacrificing himself to stop Eggman and save Sonic and friends. Metal Sonic gets destroyed in the impact, and leaves Sonic and the gang mourning over Metal Sonic for saving their lives. Eggman is then shown repairing Metal Sonic, and striving to make him better and badder than ever.

 

Honestly, Metal Sonic joining team Sonic sounds like a good episode, but I do not like the concept of it being like Blue With Envy. It would be interesting to see Eggman's intended plan backfire, and to see Metal Sonic doing his best to not kill Sonic, and to not give into Eggman's evil programming. 

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just giving my honest opinion. I'm trying to think in concept of how the characters would properly act in an episode, and some of this just doesn't sound unique enough for a Sonic Boom episode. I do think some of these concepts have potential, but only if they have enough changes to give them a more unique feel from other episodes in the show, without going too far from the show's setting. I do think it would be great to see an episode where Silver somehow appears in the show, but to have him listed as a character who suddenly appears and does the whole "I've come from the future, and must save the world" cliche, it would be more interesting to have it be where the episode starts off showing where SIlver is, and to have him somehow be attacked by an arch enemy, which traps him back in time, without Silver realizing he was sent to the past. 

I'll admit the Robot Replacement one is a bit cruel, but I should have clarified. Team Sonic wasn't going to actually kick him off due to Metal's replacing him. I said it's because Sonic's attempts to prove Metal as their enemy kept getting in the way, and in general it was more due to him needing to cool off and get over his grudge with Metal more than actually replacing him outright.

But I disagree completely on Silver. Silver's entire motivation in the series is saving the future. Taking that away is taking away a huge motivation of him, and on top of that, your idea ruins completely what I was trying to go for with my version of Boom!Silver. If you couldn't guess. My idea is at first, Silver seems to be a time travelling hero, the Trunks of the series as you will, but the actual twist is Silver reluctantly came back to save the future at first, and being more lazy than his Modern counterpart, decided to use his status of knowing the future into forcing Team Sonic into doing stuff for him, and allowing him to take items from them. That's the entire joke. Silver is driving Sonic and Co up the wall due to them not knowing what is really effecting the future, and what is really Silver's outright bullshit.

As for your statement about Shadow, let me remind you that every time they've met in Boom, Shadow has outright jumped into a fight with Sonic every single time, and has shown himself working with Eggman several times before. It's not exactly in the realm of disbelievability that Sonic would assume the person who tried to kill him multiple times over, and a person who has allied himself with Eggman at least once before would be up to no good. On top of that, it would be impossible for Sonic to believe it's Eggman. Dave literally says Sonic already "ordered", and Sonic hears someone running at very high speeds. Only people it could possible be is Shadow, Metal, or Modern!Sonic. It's impossible to be Metal due to him using his engine/flight to go fast, rather than actually running, therefore Sonic would think right away it's Shadow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

 

As for your statement about Shadow, let me remind you that every time they've met in Boom, Shadow has outright jumped into a fight with Sonic every single time, and has shown himself working with Eggman several times before. It's not exactly in the realm of disbelievability that Sonic would assume the person who tried to kill him multiple times over, and a person who has allied himself with Eggman at least once before would be up to no good. On top of that, it would be impossible for Sonic to believe it's Eggman. Dave literally says Sonic already "ordered", and Sonic hears someone running at very high speeds. Only people it could possible be is Shadow, Metal, or Modern!Sonic. It's impossible to be Metal due to him using his engine/flight to go fast, rather than actually running, therefore Sonic would think right away it's Shadow.

It just doesn't seem to fall into place, since the gang never addresses Shadow in the show, despite the video games and episode 52 making it clear that they know each other. I'd rather the show establish Shadow's role more, before having more episodes that feature him. What also seems strange for Sonic to assume Shadow was up to something, is that it wouldn't mix real well with how he acted in the episode "It Wasn't Me, It Was The One Armed Hedgehog." In that episode, Sonic was accused of stealing stuff at the blink of an eye, yet Sonic didn't automatically assume Shadow did it. He didn't even accuse Metal Sonic of framing him, despite making it clear that he already knew Metal Sonic. In your episode concept, if Sonic were to be accused of doing something that he wasn't doing, Sonic wouldn't be one to make accusations in response. He would probably say something like "Something fishy is going on around here." Then he'd usually dash off, look for clues, ask civilians and friends for any info they might know. 

And about how Silver was portrayed in your concept, I just find it a bit odd for Silver to be portrayed as a nutty burden from the future. There are a lot of people who actually dislike Silver, because of his negative impact on them from Sonic 06 (I personally love Silver though.) The point is that if Silver were to appear on the show, the creators would probably be making a bad move, if they tried making people hate Silver more. They would need to make Silver more likable and heroic. Too many games of Sonic just address Silver as the Hedgehog from the future, but Silver is more than that. Sega needs to show what Silver is capable of, outside of just being a plot device from the future.

They need to give Silver his own identity. Silver should be seen as an ally to Sonic, not an annoyance. Silver has psychic powers, and the show could do some great humor with utilizing that. They could make an episode dedicated to Knuckles being amazed at Silver's abilities, and they just go around pranking people with his telekinesis. It would also be funny to see Sticks accuse Silver of performing Witchcraft. Silver's main focus should be more about his powers, instead of being from the future. Heck, why even have him come from the future anyways? The show wiped out Shadow's backstory of being an artificial Hedgehog being locked up for 50 years after a tragedy occurred, and they rewrote Shadow to be a villain. I think they would be better off rewriting Silver to be a naive person with psychic abilities. He would be an outcast who wants to make the world a better place in the future. Instead of having Silver from the future, the show could still reflect his goal of saving the future in a way, by having him be a character who wants a good future for all.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SpongicX said:

It just doesn't seem to fall into place, since the gang never addresses Shadow in the show, despite the video games and episode 52 making it clear that they know each other. I'd rather the show establish Shadow's role more, before having more episodes that feature him. What also seems strange for Sonic to assume Shadow was up to something, is that it wouldn't mix real well with how he acted in the episode "It Wasn't Me, It Was The One Armed Hedgehog." In that episode, Sonic was accused of stealing stuff at the blink of an eye, yet Sonic didn't automatically assume Shadow did it. He didn't even accuse Metal Sonic of framing him, despite making it clear that he already knew Metal Sonic. In your episode concept, if Sonic were to be accused of doing something that he wasn't doing, Sonic wouldn't be one to make accusations in response. He would probably say something like "Something fishy is going on around here." Then he'd usually dash off, look for clues, ask civilians and friends for any info they might know. 

To add on to this, the other issue is that shadow's character keeps changing. In Rise of lyric, he just... attacks sonic, which spurred a lot of ire from folks. And I don't know when the japanese version was translated, but it seems like they tried to run that back. In shattered Crystal, he's just mind controlled and in the comic that takes place before, that shadow seems super self righteous. Which is an interesting take on that character, as I mentioned before, shadow is the only one,with non withered gear, they could have played him up as some self righteous rich kid. But that doesn't go anywhere farther than that game as of currently. In the show, while i still believe the lack of clarification may indicate a failure, ... or the writers not caring to understand why people like his character, but if you were to assume compitence... he seems sympathetic. He says himself that the only reason he's helping eggman is because he felt sorry for him, if they are smart they will play with that. Maybe shadow just likes helping people, and he put on a show. That would be an interesting turn on his character actually. Maybe he just knew the doctor in his incompetence would never actually be harmful to anyone that's why he joined in.  

That said that still doesn't explain why sonic just attacked him, even in the non boom universe when sonic was suspicious of shadow, he wouldn't just attack him first. They would at least say something. But whatever shadow is, i think with all the boom merch he is getting , and he was the only 5th character in that mobile game despite ... shit whats that girls name... the badicoot girl, despite that girl actually supposedly supposed to be in ryse of lyric. And it keeps pushing him, I think there might be a good chance we are going to see a lot more of him. 

As far as silver goes,  don't know. I don't know if we will see him in this show at all. There is an entire different set of feelings around that character, and I don't know how whoever is working on this feels about that guy. Silver's.. an interesting fellow. 

As of currently the folks on my " If they do bring other folks back, these guys are probably first list" Rouge the bat, because of shadow, the chaotix, because to a lot of folk they are the least offensive. And then it kind of ends after that , I would like to say blaze, she falls in the same realm of " we don't know who's working on whatever feels about the character". 

that said, this depends on if they don't just make new guys to fulfill those roles. Shadow could just meet new, sneaky girlfriend character, and that's it. And yeah during the beginning of this whole thing, I remember in one of the first interviews when a bunch of folks were asking about shadow, the producer kept mentioning they wanted to bring more characters from the old universe into this one. And I don't know how to feel about this, because I don't know if that's going to come to pass, or not. Because there are few routes this could take. They could say concede that outside of obvious meant to playable character designs ( and in knuckles case even then) most of their background folks are... sort of ass.  And could just interject more normal sonic characters to bring more attention to the thing. 

That said they seem quite content on designing their own world and characters, games and show. Which is fine, in those beginning interviews it is mentioned on how they will eventually get to shadow and elaborate on him. I believe this will happen, because shadow's profitable, and a bunch of people like him. That statement can't be made on a scale simular to shadow, about most sonic characters who aren't Sonic, Tails, Amy,Knuckles,Eggman and Metal sonic, and even then a lot of times he's more popular than a lot of folks on that list. So they might not even bother, and just make their own. I mean sega has already made it clear they do not mind putting sticks into regular sonic. I mean to use a previous exaple, if they make new sneaky girlfriend character for shadow, it could go well, and they don't even need to waste time tryng to incorporate that type of character into a new world, they could just make their own. 

I'm rambling but, I don't got high hopes for silver, is all i'm saying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryannumber1Scarer
5 hours ago, SpongicX said:

It just doesn't seem to fall into place, since the gang never addresses Shadow in the show, despite the video games and episode 52 making it clear that they know each other. I'd rather the show establish Shadow's role more, before having more episodes that feature him. What also seems strange for Sonic to assume Shadow was up to something, is that it wouldn't mix real well with how he acted in the episode "It Wasn't Me, It Was The One Armed Hedgehog." In that episode, Sonic was accused of stealing stuff at the blink of an eye, yet Sonic didn't automatically assume Shadow did it. He didn't even accuse Metal Sonic of framing him, despite making it clear that he already knew Metal Sonic. In your episode concept, if Sonic were to be accused of doing something that he wasn't doing, Sonic wouldn't be one to make accusations in response. He would probably say something like "Something fishy is going on around here." Then he'd usually dash off, look for clues, ask civilians and friends for any info they might know. 

And about how Silver was portrayed in your concept, I just find it a bit odd for Silver to be portrayed as a nutty burden from the future. There are a lot of people who actually dislike Silver, because of his negative impact on them from Sonic 06 (I personally love Silver though.) The point is that if Silver were to appear on the show, the creators would probably be making a bad move, if they tried making people hate Silver more. They would need to make Silver more likable and heroic. Too many games of Sonic just address Silver as the Hedgehog from the future, but Silver is more than that. Sega needs to show what Silver is capable of, outside of just being a plot device from the future.

They need to give Silver his own identity. Silver should be seen as an ally to Sonic, not an annoyance. Silver has psychic powers, and the show could do some great humor with utilizing that. They could make an episode dedicated to Knuckles being amazed at Silver's abilities, and they just go around pranking people with his telekinesis. It would also be funny to see Sticks accuse Silver of performing Witchcraft. Silver's main focus should be more about his powers, instead of being from the future. Heck, why even have him come from the future anyways? The show wiped out Shadow's backstory of being an artificial Hedgehog being locked up for 50 years after a tragedy occurred, and they rewrote Shadow to be a villain. I think they would be better off rewriting Silver to be a naive person with psychic abilities. He would be an outcast who wants to make the world a better place in the future. Instead of having Silver from the future, the show could still reflect his goal of saving the future in a way, by having him be a character who wants a good future for all.

But that's the problem. Silver did have his own identity. He was a time traveller who came back to save the future from a terrible threat, and in the process went through a great deal of character development so he would grow to the idea of is it right to kill one person to save the world. Yes, it's an interesting story, and I am a huge fan of Silver, but realistically, it's too complicated to actually establish that, as well as too serious in a show like this. To properly get Silver into the show, he needs to be a bit over the top and have a flaw.

And no, before you say he doesn't need a flaw, all the other characters has flaws. Sonic's a snarker and sometimes rushes into messes with realizing it. Tails is a wacky inventor who doesn't realize how much his inventions get them into trouble, Knuckles obviously has his stupidity, and Amy's a control freak. Their personalities were also tweaked from the Modern series, where Sonic is more deadpan, and more like the only sane man. Tails' inventions has been brought up to 11 on the crazy scale, Knuckles again, has the stupidity, and Amy has the more control freak to her motherly side. 

Silver could have a naive side, but then Knuckles on top of being stupid is naive in Boom as well. Silver wouldn't be a out and out villain or anything, but he, like any other character would take advantage of the present situation. I just feel that it has a lot more potential for jokes, and it's an interesting way to shake up Silver's defined personality where maybe he comes back with good intentions, but he allows the entire present affect him to the point he refuses to leave, and in general, gets sucked up into how lazy the people of Bygone Island is, which is why he begins using Team Sonic to do stuff for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

But that's the problem. Silver did have his own identity. He was a time traveller who came back to save the future from a terrible threat, and in the process went through a great deal of character development so he would grow to the idea of is it right to kill one person to save the world. Yes, it's an interesting story, and I am a huge fan of Silver, but realistically, it's too complicated to actually establish that, as well as too serious in a show like this. To properly get Silver into the show, he needs to be a bit over the top and have a flaw.

And no, before you say he doesn't need a flaw, all the other characters has flaws. Sonic's a snarker and sometimes rushes into messes with realizing it. Tails is a wacky inventor who doesn't realize how much his inventions get them into trouble, Knuckles obviously has his stupidity, and Amy's a control freak. Their personalities were also tweaked from the Modern series, where Sonic is more deadpan, and more like the only sane man. Tails' inventions has been brought up to 11 on the crazy scale, Knuckles again, has the stupidity, and Amy has the more control freak to her motherly side. 

Silver could have a naive side, but then Knuckles on top of being stupid is naive in Boom as well. Silver wouldn't be a out and out villain or anything, but he, like any other character would take advantage of the present situation. I just feel that it has a lot more potential for jokes, and it's an interesting way to shake up Silver's defined personality where maybe he comes back with good intentions, but he allows the entire present affect him to the point he refuses to leave, and in general, gets sucked up into how lazy the people of Bygone Island is, which is why he begins using Team Sonic to do stuff for him.

 

7 hours ago, SpongicX said:

It just doesn't seem to fall into place, since the gang never addresses Shadow in the show, despite the video games and episode 52 making it clear that they know each other. I'd rather the show establish Shadow's role more, before having more episodes that feature him. What also seems strange for Sonic to assume Shadow was up to something, is that it wouldn't mix real well with how he acted in the episode "It Wasn't Me, It Was The One Armed Hedgehog." In that episode, Sonic was accused of stealing stuff at the blink of an eye, yet Sonic didn't automatically assume Shadow did it. He didn't even accuse Metal Sonic of framing him, despite making it clear that he already knew Metal Sonic. In your episode concept, if Sonic were to be accused of doing something that he wasn't doing, Sonic wouldn't be one to make accusations in response. He would probably say something like "Something fishy is going on around here." Then he'd usually dash off, look for clues, ask civilians and friends for any info they might know. 

And about how Silver was portrayed in your concept, I just find it a bit odd for Silver to be portrayed as a nutty burden from the future. There are a lot of people who actually dislike Silver, because of his negative impact on them from Sonic 06 (I personally love Silver though.) The point is that if Silver were to appear on the show, the creators would probably be making a bad move, if they tried making people hate Silver more. They would need to make Silver more likable and heroic. Too many games of Sonic just address Silver as the Hedgehog from the future, but Silver is more than that. Sega needs to show what Silver is capable of, outside of just being a plot device from the future.

They need to give Silver his own identity. Silver should be seen as an ally to Sonic, not an annoyance. Silver has psychic powers, and the show could do some great humor with utilizing that. They could make an episode dedicated to Knuckles being amazed at Silver's abilities, and they just go around pranking people with his telekinesis. It would also be funny to see Sticks accuse Silver of performing Witchcraft. Silver's main focus should be more about his powers, instead of being from the future. Heck, why even have him come from the future anyways? The show wiped out Shadow's backstory of being an artificial Hedgehog being locked up for 50 years after a tragedy occurred, and they rewrote Shadow to be a villain. I think they would be better off rewriting Silver to be a naive person with psychic abilities. He would be an outcast who wants to make the world a better place in the future. Instead of having Silver from the future, the show could still reflect his goal of saving the future in a way, by having him be a character who wants a good future for all.

 

12 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I don't know, the first episode you listed sounds too complicated, since Knuckles wasn't too bright when it came to his alternate dimension self. He seemed absolutely clueless over that Knuckles being from another world. I highly doubt Knuckles would try bringing that guy into their dimension, even by accident. I also highly doubt Sonic would automatically assume some suspicious activity would be coming from Shadow. Shadow is not very big in the show, and it would make more sense for Sonic to assume Eggman was up to something.

 

Your second episode listed sounds a bit too forced upon with it's plot. An episode that starts out with Sonic and the gang imagining their futures seems a bit weird for the characters. Also, it would probably cause some fan frustrations with how the characters' futures are portrayed. The fact that Silver just shows up immediately after seems a little too forced upon. 

 

I'm sorry to say this, but The Robot Replacement episode honestly sounds depressing and mean spirited. It sounds like a negative episode, since it would be about the whole gang being jerks towards a certain character. Haven't we had enough of these kinds of episodes already? It just sounds forced upon. The episode could work though, but I think it should play out where Sonic  is against it at first, but opens up when he sees how useful having Metal Sonic is. The whole thing could then be revealed to be a trap, but Metal Sonic is conflicted between his programming, and being friends with Sonic. The episode could end with Metal Sonic heroically sacrificing himself to stop Eggman and save Sonic and friends. Metal Sonic gets destroyed in the impact, and leaves Sonic and the gang mourning over Metal Sonic for saving their lives. Eggman is then shown repairing Metal Sonic, and striving to make him better and badder than ever.

 

Honestly, Metal Sonic joining team Sonic sounds like a good episode, but I do not like the concept of it being like Blue With Envy. It would be interesting to see Eggman's intended plan backfire, and to see Metal Sonic doing his best to not kill Sonic, and to not give into Eggman's evil programming. 

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just giving my honest opinion. I'm trying to think in concept of how the characters would properly act in an episode, and some of this just doesn't sound unique enough for a Sonic Boom episode. I do think some of these concepts have potential, but only if they have enough changes to give them a more unique feel from other episodes in the show, without going too far from the show's setting. I do think it would be great to see an episode where Silver somehow appears in the show, but to have him listed as a character who suddenly appears and does the whole "I've come from the future, and must save the world" cliche, it would be more interesting to have it be where the episode starts off showing where SIlver is, and to have him somehow be attacked by an arch enemy, which traps him back in time, without Silver realizing he was sent to the past. 

 

16 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So, I had a few ideas for Boom episodes.

 

Hidden Content

 

I am a huge Silver fan (with him being my favorite character) and I have to admit I'm torn about his potential backstoru. Ryan, I absolutely love your idea for Silver, I think it's super whacky and sounds hilarous, but I do worry that it'll portray Silver in a negative light. Plus, many people dislike him just because of Sonic 06 so I think focusing more on his personality and giving him a different backstory could give him the role he definitely deserves as a character. Theres soooooo many ways you could write his character for the show that its very great. One of my ideas is that he could be the protector of a neighboring village, perhaps the one Sonic hid from Metal Sonic and perhaps the technology there is advanced which could be a nod to his backstory from the future. Or maybe he could be a hero wannabe. As for his personality, he could either be the very naïve short tempered hedgehog we all know and love (he could pick fights with Shadow all the time) or he could have the role say, the lazy type as suggested, or even perhaps an underling character who always gets tricked by others in using his powers for silly little chores as he thinks its a dire task. (I had more ideas but honestly I forgot them all) I reallllly want Silver to be in the show. He has to much potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dereksonic01

I decided to share my ideas for episodes as well. What do you think?

Baby Sonic: Eggman believes that he can finally defeat Sonic by building a age adjuster to transform Sonic back into a baby. The next day, The team find a Baby Sonic crying in the shack. And its up to them to take care of him. When Eggman shows up to kidnap Sonic, Sonic still manages to defeat Eggman and reset himself back to his original age, As they zap Eggman into a baby and force Orbot and Cubot to take care of him.


A Day in the life of Team Sonic: We each get a point of view through each character's eyes, And see what they mostly do throughout their lives, As strange things occur more than you think!

 

Metal Teams: A 2-Part episode. After Eggman fails to Defeat Team Sonic with Metal Sonic, Orbot gets the idea that Eggman should build Metal versions of Each member of Team Sonic. Eggman believes that after built, They could really stop the Team this time. When Tails discovers this, He attempts to get the gang to Create a Metal Team of Eggman's Giant Robots, Sticks realizes that it might fail since its natural for Team Sonic to defeat Eggman's inventions. But Tails says that he can build better robots than Eggman. Sticks joins Eggmans team believing that if Eggman's Metal Team Sonic wins, The naturality of who wins will stay. After the war of the robots ended, Team Sonic's Robots end up winning, Which causes the world to switch around and into a alternate reality where Eggman defeats Sonic every time. Sticks tries to help the team finally be able to defeat eggman, In which it succeeds and resets the world back. After a disturbing moment, Sticks wakes up and finds out it was all a dream, Angering her as she finally thought that her crazy theory was true.

And thats it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd elevate the baby concept by turning the WHOLE CAST into babies, leading to a very dumbed down variation of the usual scenario (eg. Amy hitting Eggman's clockwork robots with a toy squeaker hammer). Granted AoSth may have beat the show to it.

 

There's also the whole 'SEGA don't want the games characters as kids' mandate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again, I think mandates really only apply to the comics. And Sega likely wouldn't care about it nearly as much due to the show's more comical tone and pretty much could let anything pass as long as it plays into 'rule of funny.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geraint Lewis
On 3/10/2016 at 11:50 AM, SonicWind said:

So, I bring news of the show's aforementioned second DVD outing, Hedgehog Day. The release date has been bumped back from May 13th to May 30th, apparently.

Sorry, UK Boom fans. Looks like you'll be waiting a few more weeks.

A few more weeks? A FEW MORE WEEKS!? I CAN'T JUST SIT AROUND INDEFINITELY WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM, A MEH BURGER!?!?!?!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2016 at 1:17 AM, dereksonic01 said:

I decided to share my ideas for episodes as well. What do you think?

Baby Sonic: Eggman believes that he can finally defeat Sonic by building a age adjuster to transform Sonic back into a baby. The next day, The team find a Baby Sonic crying in the shack. And its up to them to take care of him. When Eggman shows up to kidnap Sonic, Sonic still manages to defeat Eggman and reset himself back to his original age, As they zap Eggman into a baby and force Orbot and Cubot to take care of him.


A Day in the life of Team Sonic: We each get a point of view through each character's eyes, And see what they mostly do throughout their lives, As strange things occur more than you think!

 

Metal Teams: A 2-Part episode. After Eggman fails to Defeat Team Sonic with Metal Sonic, Orbot gets the idea that Eggman should build Metal versions of Each member of Team Sonic. Eggman believes that after built, They could really stop the Team this time. When Tails discovers this, He attempts to get the gang to Create a Metal Team of Eggman's Giant Robots, Sticks realizes that it might fail since its natural for Team Sonic to defeat Eggman's inventions. But Tails says that he can build better robots than Eggman. Sticks joins Eggmans team believing that if Eggman's Metal Team Sonic wins, The naturality of who wins will stay. After the war of the robots ended, Team Sonic's Robots end up winning, Which causes the world to switch around and into a alternate reality where Eggman defeats Sonic every time. Sticks tries to help the team finally be able to defeat eggman, In which it succeeds and resets the world back. After a disturbing moment, Sticks wakes up and finds out it was all a dream, Angering her as she finally thought that her crazy theory was true.

And thats it.

Sounds good overall. But I'm wondering if the baby episode should be slightly changed up. There have been many shows that have had the villain turn the main character into a baby. But what if they made an episode where Eggman intended to turn Sonic into a baby, but accidentally turns himself into a baby. Orbot and Cubot try their best to look after him, but can not pull it off, and they beg Sonic and the gang to look after him. The gang realize they can't leave a helpless baby out to die, and have no choice but to take turns looking after Baby Eggman. Tails works with Orbot and Cubot meanwhile, to try and reverse engineer Eggman's invention that turned him into a baby, to revert him back to his normal age. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Monkey Destruction Switch locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.