Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

How about deliberately not capitalizing on Amy's crush for Sonic, and have an episode where a bunch of crazy fangirls try to ship everyone in the Sonic gang?

• Thumbs Up 3

Still seems way too cheap of a premise to be played for laughs.

EDIT: Admittedly, I guess it can work, but considering how crazy shipping can get when taken too personally, I can't see Boom making it a thing will help matters. Then again, this is coming from the perspective of someone who's not into shipping whatsoever, so maybe what I say ultimately doesn't matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't get me wrong, I hate shipping, but that's why I think it's hilarious when people make fun of it.

Ship-teasing can be rather detrimental. If you're going to propose Sonaze, just go through with it, but in a mannerly, in-character written fashion.

• Thumbs Up 3

No Sonaze. Silvaze is fine, but if they're going to ship Sonic with anyone it should be Amy.

Ahem, first of all, Silvaze has never surfaced, let alone even been teased outside of non-canon events.

Secondly, Sonaze actually has had something of a presence, at least teasing in  the main continuity.

Third, Sonamy is NOT set in stone.

Fourth: New continuity with Boom. No restraints.

I think if Blaze appears, Sonic should have a thing for her (and she wants nothing to do with him) and Amy should be trying to murder her because she doesn't understand that Blaze doesn't like Sonic.

I don't want to start anything, but I personally think this is a terrible idea. Amy was already derailed from a caring individual with a simple crush on Sonic to a psycho stalker once, and she's only recently begun reverting back to her original personality. Let's not ruin her again, please (especially since SonAmy shippers would likely blame Blaze for Amy's re-derailment if she's involved).

How about deliberately not capitalizing on Amy's crush for Sonic, and have an episode where a bunch of crazy fangirls try to ship everyone in the Sonic gang?

Yes, let's make fun of a very good chunk of the incredibly divided Sonic fanbase in a not at all subtle manner, what could possibly go wrong?

It's understandable to be annoyed with shipping (I often find myself grinding my teeth at a lot of the things shippers say), and making fun of them can be hilarious, but to do it so blatantly in a Sonic cartoon seems like a very bad idea, to put it mildly.

• Thumbs Up 7

The best way to cover a shipping episode for laughs would be to do what Ed Edd n Eddy did with their valentine's special, have everyone accidentally under the influence of some love thingamajig. It's a comedic situation that could really lend itself well without stepping on people's toes. (I'd die laughing if Knuckles fell in love with a sandwich like Ed did.)

• Thumbs Up 1

How about we leave all shipping to the fans and not have the show fuel anything? I'd like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

How about we leave all shipping to the fans and not have the show fuel anything? I'd like that.

I find it weird when shows about teens dont have at least some romance it make the series feel unnatural to me.

I mean honestly you can barely go a day in a highschool without hearing girls talk about guy and guy talk about girl but shows still decide to make the characters totally immune from actual emotions.

I find it weird when shows about teens dont have at least some romance it make the series feel unnatural to me.

I mean honestly you can barely go a day in a highschool without hearing girls talk about guy and guy talk about girl but shows still decide to make the characters totally immune from actual emotions.

Lemme say this then:

Romance is okay, but writing situations that blatantly pander to shippers? That's no guud.

• Thumbs Up 1

A joke about romance is fine in shows like this. Comedy is comedy and shouldn't be stopped just because a few people may get a little miffed.

(I'm not suggesting they make fun of the shippers; just do a funny episode that has a funny take on romance.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny thing is, they haven't really mentioned Amy having feelings for Sonic yet. Maybe it'll be the other way around, which would be very interesting.

She wouldn't be Amy if she didn't have at least some interest in Sonic.

It may not be the most flattering part of her character, but it is something I've come to expect in various incarnations of her and I don't think Boom will stray too far from that aspect. If they're re-emphasizing that Sonic's cocky and cool, Tails being a pilot and tech-guy and Knuckles being a strong meathead, Amy will probably still be the 'cute girl that can swing hammer and has a thing for Sonic.'

• Thumbs Up 7

How about an episode on where sonic keeps all of his rings?

That would be very interesting...

I mean where the hell do those rings go?

I have always wondered that.

How about another episode about where egg man actually beats sonic and he sends him to a different dimension where sonic encounters blaze and sonic talks blaze into staying in his dimension.

That would be a great way to introduce blaze so she can make more cameos and be canon too.

And if Stephen frost is reading this then I want to say, have a great day dude and special thanks for creating the game too.

Keep up the good work! :)

As much as I like Silver and Blaze as characters. Silvaze just doesn't go together for me. I think Sonic and Blaze actually goes together, for instance there is a sign that they both have feelings for each other as they held hands at the end of Sonic Rush for a long time and in Rush Adventure she was upset when Sonic went back to his dimension at the end.

The thought of Sonic having feelings for Amy in Boom could be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be awesome!smile.png It would also make sense since Sega seems to be treating this like Sonic's big comeback. What better way to get everyone (especially the kids) all hyped for the new Sonic cartoon and video games than to release a bunch of high quality merchandise during the advertising process?

Definitely! For me, personally, even at 15 toys have a big impact on me. I see something online or at the store and I'm like "Hey, what's this from?" and thus...well, I find out!

It seems like they're kind of taking a bit of a Pokemon USA approach. Pokemon (the TV series) came out, commercials, hype, advertising, TOYS, GAMES! Maybe not in such a big direction for Sonic Boom!, but I like where this is going.

I really, really hope they show how strong Amy is. That she doesn't exist as solely Sonic's potential love-interest, or anything like in Sonic X. I mean, she's got a huge hammer, she's insanely strong- strong-willed, even!- and, come on, she's awesome. It would be kind of ridiculous if they did take the Sonic X kind of route. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely! For me, personally, even at 15 toys have a big impact on me. I see something online or at the store and I'm like "Hey, what's this from?" and thus...well, I find out!

It seems like they're kind of taking a bit of a Pokemon USA approach. Pokemon (the TV series) came out, commercials, hype, advertising, TOYS, GAMES! Maybe not in such a big direction for Sonic Boom!, but I like where this is going.

I really, really hope they show how strong Amy is. That she doesn't exist as solely Sonic's potential love-interest, or anything like in Sonic X. I mean, she's got a huge hammer, she's insanely strong- strong-willed, even!- and, come on, she's awesome. It would be kind of ridiculous if they did take the Sonic X kind of route. 

There's no real reason for them to go the Sonic X route...then they'd just be following Flanderization due to stereotype.

Basically how she acted most of the time in X? Having any good traits displayed be totally outweighed by her bad ones, thus making her, and most of everyone else on the show act so flanderized on occasion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope the TV series will have some of that silly Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog-kind of flair in where Eggman will often just jump and yell when really frustrated and sometimes come up with some outlandish and silly plots in order to bait Sonic, if they do indeed aim for a somewhat more comedic approach with Boom.

Though I'm all up for a somewhat serious storyline in this as well, if the game's any indication of such.

• Thumbs Up 2

Having Eggman fake an injury and taking Sonic to court for it sounds pretty silly in itself, so there should be no doubt it'll be comedy-based with some sprinkled action pieces here and there.