Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Australia's released sonic boom on DVD. First volume has 13 episodes. I just got mine from JBhifi today though I got it in the mail since I ordered online.=3

Just thought I'd give a heads up for any Australians interested.

EDIT: It has both french and english language selectable. Nice.=)

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Super Sonic Speed said:

Australia's released sonic boom on DVD. First volume has 13 episodes. I just got mine from JBhifi today though I got it in the mail since I ordered online.=3

Just thought I'd give a heads up for any Australians interested.

EDIT: It has both french and english language selectable. Nice.=)

Oh man! Thanks so much for telling! I've gotta check that out myself! Heck yeah!

On 3/25/2016 at 10:58 AM, SpongicX said:

A compilation of the many instances of slapstick, hits, and crashes from Sonic Boom. 

They're gonna need more bandages than those! XD

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2016 at 1:28 AM, SpongicX said:

A compilation of the many instances of slapstick, hits, and crashes from Sonic Boom. 

we need more scenes of shadow hitting sonic >.>

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/25/2016 at 0:28 AM, SpongicX said:

And to think this is only the FIRST SEASON.

• Thumbs Up 2

So...any chance we see more of Shadow and Metal in the next Season? And perhaps other characters from the games such as Blaze and Silver?

I can see Shadow and maybe Metal coming back.. I would love to see Silver, Blaze and Rouge, Though, I guess it would be hard to place Rouge within Boom.

Blaze, Rouge and Silver absolutely not, as much as I'd like them, because they said that the game cast they've got is everything they'll use, and every other new character is of their own design

Today I've been surprised to see that two Sonic Boom DVDs have been released in French. Each contains 13 episodes.

10s8wtf.jpg

6z2f86.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

To all Spanish SSMB members: Sonic Boom has finally debuted in Spain's Clan TV channel last Monday the 11th! They air at 20:10 every weekday, -and again in the morning at 8:40, I think-. Any episodes you've missed can be watched in the series' Clan website in both Spanish and English.

I actually find it funny, and potentially entertaining for all audiences despite being clearly aimed at children. What do you think?

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/11/2016 at 10:43 AM, Inspector Shaddy said:

Blaze, Rouge and Silver absolutely not, as much as I'd like them, because they said that the game cast they've got is everything they'll use, and every other new character is of their own design

I didn't know this

When wathis statement made? Did they give a reason?

They stated it a while back, some of the back pages in this thread have a source on it, and I don't recall if/what the reason was

• Thumbs Up 1

"A general rule of thumb for you guys: we don't ever use characters from non-Sonic Boom versions of Sonic (no Archie Comics characters, no characters from the other TV series, no characters from the other games).  So if you see a character that looks like another character, it's just a coincidence. "- Bill Freiberger

Source:

(Check the comments)

So you can give up waiting for Silver, Rouge, Sally Acorn, or whoever.

• Thumbs Up 5

10 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

So you can give up waiting for Silver, Rouge, Sally Acorn, or whoever.

Never! I know companies by now enough to know they can change their opinions on a dime especially if they feel any reason do to so if it suits them even a little bit. Sure we won't see any Archie characters. But other game characters made by Sonic Team I could still see getting in if The Boom team ever felt like it.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if a pre-existing character does appear in Boom but I don't see how they can fit in the Boom world. I mean, if anything they could just add a new character exclusive to the Boom world that could represent the "spirit" of said character. Like a time traveler mink name Venice can be the Silver of the Boom world, that could be a nice compromise. 

But still I shed a tear when someone hasn't taken the time to listen to the Sonic Boom Commentaries.

34 minutes ago, sansy said:

I mean, I wouldn't mind if a pre-existing character does appear in Boom but I don't see how they can fit in the Boom world.

Not like Shadow himself really fit into the Boom world... They kinda just tossed him in there for fan service, same goes for Metal-Sonic really.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well since both Shadow and Metal were going to be in the Boomverse from the get go, Freiberger and the crew had to put them in somehow. Granted, I'm sure they'll find better use for the two in the second season but outside of Metal and Shadow, I just find the chances of seeing other pre-existing characters in Boom very unlikely after the reveal.

If I'm proved wrong, I'll gladly eat 2 bottles of mustard.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, sansy said:

Granted, I'm sure they'll find better use for the two in the second season

I'm going to laugh if Shadow only shows up for 1 episode again in season 2... not that i want that. I'm hoping both Shadow & Metal become true reoccurring characters... but you never know... :v

• Thumbs Up 1

I've kind of gone off of Boom. Veiwing the cartoon as a whole, I can't help but feel there's an "attitude" from the writers that makes the whole thing less funny, the jokes alone seem innocuous, but they form a pattern that I dislike. I feel like they're patting themselves on the back for being subversive and I just can't unsee it when I watch it anymore.

At first I thought Sonic Boom was supposed to more closely resemble a domestic-setting comedy (Ie, centered around characters being at home or going to work or a "slice-of-life" setting) than a hero-villian show, but the show seems to continuously bring this up in jokes along the lines of "It's like our job or something." or other gags that highlight the fact that this is just day-in and day-out for the characters. Is this an established staple of the show or is supposed to be "subversive" when the writers pull something like this? As far as I can tell, this only works if you're aware of the original canon.

There's also moral messages that feel like they try to be subversive, but miss the point, misunderstand the complicated nature of the issue or seem suspiciously one-sided. For example. Role Models seems suspiciously meta, and I get feeling it's a straw-manning reaction to some criticisms the writers experienced(possibly involving their writing) or at the very least delivering a "complainer is always wrong" message. Holding people to a perfect standard is wrong (and perfect characters can't tell a story), but so is a knee-jerk,fallacious reaction to criticism. If this isn't what they're trying to do then I don't think they delivered their message well.

There's also Sonic's characterisation, I used to like it but now I don't really know, because I'm seeing an annoying trend.

He's lazy, he hates "cool" lingo, he lacks enthusiam, he's grumpy, he's a "subversive" Sonic, all in the name of being cool, he's literally a hipster. That's not so bad in-universe, but it's meta. He's subversive to "other Sonic's" and Blue with Envy made it clear that he's better than other Sonic's. Even IF it's only a jab at  Aosth Sonic and nothing else, it still struck me as bad taste, it's hypocrisy. Having him be a lazy, edgy hipster for the sake of being cool (and "better") is no better then him being a hyperactive, extreme dude for the sake of being cool.

Sonic Boom really needs to stand on it's own merits and stop trying to "subvert" main Sonic or Aosth/SatAM. Taking a good  look at their "social commentary" would help too.

• Thumbs Up 5

I never really liked the Metal Sonic episode. There was a lot of buildup but the actual fight came off as quite boring and stiff to me.

Shadow's episode was a lot better though.

• Thumbs Up 2