Jump to content
Ming Ming Hatsune

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, GeneHF said:

A good question! Actually, they will not! Sonic Boom is classified as a Kids and Family program on Hulu, which means that ads usually will not run along with the program, even on the lower cost subscription.

Commercials... Subscriptions should be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BLUzCLUz said:

So, what new characters should there be in Season 2?

I hope Rouge would be one of them. Maybe she could be the Bulma to Shadow.

That'd actually be kind of cute, and maybe she could be all flirty. I think her flirty personality would make the show a bit funnier, along with her love of jewels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SonicEkkusu said:

I hope Rouge would be one of them. Maybe she could be the Bulma to Shadow.

That'd actually be kind of cute, and maybe she could be all flirty. I think her flirty personality would make the show a bit funnier, along with her love of jewels.

the thing is though they said they weren't going to do this

you'll just have to hope the "new"(as in the boom exclusive) characters are something you'll be open to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

the thing is though they said they weren't going to do this

you'll just have to hope the "new"(as in the boom exclusive) characters are something you'll be open to

If there's SegaSonic characters in Fire and Ice, Sega may force Oui Do to add them to the show to promote the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

the thing is though they said they weren't going to do this

you'll just have to hope the "new"(as in the boom exclusive) characters are something you'll be open to

SEGA should at least add Rouge. ._.

 

SEGGGGAAAAAAA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonicEkkusu said:

SEGA should at least add Rouge. ._.

 

SEGGGGAAAAAAA!

And Silver.

i know they said they weren't going to add other sonic characters but hey, things change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on the subject of more folks, I would love them. But they seem rather content with who they have, and it sort of make sense, they have all the popular guys and wish to build a new world around that. What I don't like is that a lot of their character designs.... come of as rather... bland, and maybe interjecting some sega ones might spice up the scenery, but again they seem content.

Folks bring up rouge, she's in this weird position where she kind of has to be shadow the hedgehog related... because that's how she spent most of her time, even her conception. Her relevance in this universe is...shadow. And Gun's for that matter.I think they are unwilling to bring characters through because a lot of the time they would be one note jokes, hey rouge runs the government thing,oh sticks was right but they don't do anything with that and it goes... nowhere. And if they do that, they have expectations, oh ok of course shadow is going to work with her or he came from that government whatever. And they kind of don't want that, it very much seems they want sonic boom to be its own thing. They plan to use shadow, they have made that clear several times , its why he's here. I don'think they have plans to use rouge. And to be quite honest I could see them replacing her with another character if shadow gets a team or something like that.

All hope isn't lost however, maybe someone wants to use her, start up a boom team dark. But the issue is, whats to stop some artist from going, I don't like rouge and can make a better character than this, and just making their own rouge the bat type character

They seem to be in a situation where they have no obligation to use the characters outside of the popular ones they are already using, and that's sort of the problem. Its problably not that they can't use them, its probably more like... why? Where does this character fit in to our vision,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, has anyone with a Hulu subscription tried out watching the show? I've been wondering what the quality is like. I probably will never get a Hulu subscription, but I'm bringing it up because I believe it's the only place where the show is available in HD aside iTunes. And I bought volume 1 off iTunes (UK store) and the 5.1 audio is really great. Much better than the streams found online, but the voices sound.. gargled if that makes sense? Like they are almost a little underwater? And it feels the lip syncing is slightly worse, but that may be just me. Still, it feels like they cheaply took the audio from the DVD release (which is sped up slightly due to the PAL format) and slowed it down to fit the proper 24fps format the show has on iTunes. It's not atrocious, it just sounds gargly and echoy a little. It's most likely more prominent for me since I have some experience with video editing. So eh yeah, my main question that I never asked is, is the audio on Hulu fine, or are there slight issues? And I'm curious to see if the show will ever get a Blu-Ray release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ElectricAngel said:

So, has anyone with a Hulu subscription tried out watching the show? I've been wondering what the quality is like. I probably will never get a Hulu subscription, but I'm bringing it up because I believe it's the only place where the show is available in HD aside iTunes. And I bought volume 1 off iTunes (UK store) and the 5.1 audio is really great. Much better than the streams found online, but the voices sound.. gargled if that makes sense? Like they are almost a little underwater? And it feels the lip syncing is slightly worse, but that may be just me. Still, it feels like they cheaply took the audio from the DVD release (which is sped up slightly due to the PAL format) and slowed it down to fit the proper 24fps format the show has on iTunes. It's not atrocious, it just sounds gargly and echoy a little. It's most likely more prominent for me since I have some experience with video editing. So eh yeah, my main question that I never asked is, is the audio on Hulu fine, or are there slight issues? And I'm curious to see if the show will ever get a Blu-Ray release. 

I watched it. It's just like watching it on the TV. No commercials, either, but in the middle of the episodes (not before the next episode, in the middle of each episode.), it blacks out like there's supposed to be a commercial there. Also, no French opening for us. T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ElectricAngel said:

So, has anyone with a Hulu subscription tried out watching the show? I've been wondering what the quality is like. I probably will never get a Hulu subscription, but I'm bringing it up because I believe it's the only place where the show is available in HD aside iTunes. And I bought volume 1 off iTunes (UK store) and the 5.1 audio is really great. Much better than the streams found online, but the voices sound.. gargled if that makes sense? Like they are almost a little underwater? And it feels the lip syncing is slightly worse, but that may be just me. Still, it feels like they cheaply took the audio from the DVD release (which is sped up slightly due to the PAL format) and slowed it down to fit the proper 24fps format the show has on iTunes. It's not atrocious, it just sounds gargly and echoy a little. It's most likely more prominent for me since I have some experience with video editing. So eh yeah, my main question that I never asked is, is the audio on Hulu fine, or are there slight issues? And I'm curious to see if the show will ever get a Blu-Ray release. 

I agree, this show deserves to be shown in Hd. I want a blu ray release. I'd rather spend $20-$30 for the episodes, instead of spending $11 a month to watch episodes without advertisements. I'm not a Hulu watcher, and I'll be upset if it never gets a video release in stores. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

I agree, this show deserves to be shown in Hd. I want a blu ray release. I'd rather spend $20-$30 for the episodes, instead of spending $11 a month to watch episodes without advertisements. I'm not a Hulu watcher, and I'll be upset if it never gets a video release in stores. 

It's in HD. Even with the cheaper subscriptions, it's ad-free.

I'm sure that we'll see a Blu-Ray release. Why wouldn't Ouido/SEGA/Cartoon Network release Sonic Boom on Blu-Ray? That'd be a horrible business move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

I'm sure that we'll see a Blu-Ray release. Why wouldn't Ouido/SEGA/Cartoon Network release Sonic Boom on Blu-Ray? That'd be a horrible business move.

Why wouldn't they? Because it's expensive and they can't guarantee profit, even if it has Sonic's name on it. As much as I want a Blu-Ray release, this is the truth. TV animation rarely gets a Blu-Ray release, especially if it's a show marketed towards kids. Most parents buying something to distract their kids won't care if it's DVD or Blu-Ray sadly. They see the cheap as hell price tag on a DVD and usually buy that because "What's the difference?". It's sad but true. This is why Sonic Boom is getting small volume DVD releases in the UK. As one of the bigger markets for Sonic, it makes sense to use it as a "testing ground" of sorts. Usually when a company releases an HD produced show on home media, they test to see how well it will sell on DVD, given most people buy it over Blu-Ray, to see if it's popular enough to make profit if it were to be released on Blu-Ray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ElectricAngel said:

Why wouldn't they? Because it's expensive and they can't guarantee profit, even if it has Sonic's name on it. As much as I want a Blu-Ray release, this is the truth. TV animation rarely gets a Blu-Ray release, especially if it's a show marketed towards kids. Most parents buying something to distract their kids won't care if it's DVD or Blu-Ray sadly. They see the cheap as hell price tag on a DVD and usually buy that because "What's the difference?". It's sad but true. This is why Sonic Boom is getting small volume DVD releases in the UK. As one of the bigger markets for Sonic, it makes sense to use it as a "testing ground" of sorts. Usually when a company releases an HD produced show on home media, they test to see how well it will sell on DVD, given most people buy it over Blu-Ray, to see if it's popular enough to make profit if it were to be released on Blu-Ray.

Companies are freaking greedy.

We need a company that wants to make people happy, and isn't trying to just make money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Companies are freaking greedy.

We need a company that wants to make people happy, and isn't trying to just make money.

Welcome to reality, not every company can as generous as Scott Cawthon, who can allow people to receive refunds and all that jazz. These are big companies that pour thousands, if not millions of dollars into their games and make a profit out of it. This industry is not a goddamn charity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sansy said:

Welcome to reality, not every company can as generous as Scott Cawthon, who can allow people to receive refunds and all that jazz. These are big companies that pour thousands, if not millions of dollars into their games and make a profit out of it. This industry is not a goddamn charity.

Even though that's true, I think listening to fans would generate more profit.

Also, I don't know who the heck Scott Cawthon is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Even though that's true, I think listening to fans would generate more profit.

Also, I don't know who the heck Scott Cawthon is.

Well then what fans should they listen to? The Classic fans? The Adventure fans? The Modern/Boom fans? Archie fans?

The creator of Five Nights at Freddy's, you probably heard of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sansy said:

Well then what fans should they listen to? The Classic fans? The Adventure fans? The Modern/Boom fans? Archie fans?

The creator of Five Nights at Freddy's, you probably heard of it.

Hm, maybe they should make a poll, and they could choose whatever's most popular right now.

Five Nights at Freddy's. As a fan of Game Theory, I know what Mat Pat has to go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Companies are freaking greedy.

We need a company that wants to make people happy, and isn't trying to just make money.

I would like that too but at the end of the day this is someone's job y'know? People gotta make money to make ends meet.

15 minutes ago, sansy said:

Well then what fans should they listen to? The Classic fans? The Adventure fans? The Modern/Boom fans? Archie fans?

The creator of Five Nights at Freddy's, you probably heard of it.

Thing is, even if you listen to fans, a majority of the time the fans will shit all over any decision made. It happens all the time everywhere. For example, people were begging Shadow to be in Boom but when he was in Boom many fans shat on how Shadow look, sounded, etc. I do agree that fans should be listened to, but it's really annoying when people complain for what the want and complain when they get it.

In speaking of Mr. Cawthon, now we got that Sister Location game ;-; there goes my sleep. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ElectricAngel said:

Why wouldn't they? Because it's expensive and they can't guarantee profit, even if it has Sonic's name on it. As much as I want a Blu-Ray release, this is the truth. TV animation rarely gets a Blu-Ray release, especially if it's a show marketed towards kids. Most parents buying something to distract their kids won't care if it's DVD or Blu-Ray sadly. They see the cheap as hell price tag on a DVD and usually buy that because "What's the difference?". It's sad but true. This is why Sonic Boom is getting small volume DVD releases in the UK. As one of the bigger markets for Sonic, it makes sense to use it as a "testing ground" of sorts. Usually when a company releases an HD produced show on home media, they test to see how well it will sell on DVD, given most people buy it over Blu-Ray, to see if it's popular enough to make profit if it were to be released on Blu-Ray.

But most animated shows are 2d, and don't necessarily need blu ray to look good. Sonic Boom however,  is a detailed computer animated series, and it does not look good at all in standard quality. It needs to be seen in HD, in order to truly appreciate it's details. Also, the dvd releases in Europe are produced by Universal, and they make plenty of blu ray sales, so why wouldn't they release it on blu ray in North America? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpongicX said:

But most animated shows are 2d, and don't necessarily need blu ray to look good. Sonic Boom however,  is a detailed computer animated series, and it does not look good at all in standard quality. It needs to be seen in HD, in order to truly appreciate it's details. Also, the dvd releases in Europe are produced by Universal, and they make plenty of blu ray sales, so why wouldn't they release it on blu ray in North America? 

Eh, that's debatable. I never watch anything in standard definition unless it was produced that way or the only means of watching it, such as some early 2000s cartoons. Modern 2D animation such as Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Over the Garden Wall really do benefit from HD quality and I can't imagine watching them otherwise.

Anyway, we still don't know who will be releasing Sonic Boom in the USA on home media. If you take a look at Sonic X, in Japan it was released on DVD by Universal, in Europe by Warner Bros, and in the USA by Funimation. It all depends on who they get a partnership with. I feel Sonic Boom might be licensed by Shout Factory in the USA. Not only do they have a history with past Sonic cartoons, but they also are open to Blu-Ray releases as seen with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I think they'd be a good choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, all I ask for season 2 is a bit more focus on an adventure. Maybe a small overarching plot somewhere, but still maintaining the great comedy in appropriate places. Maybe even throw Lyric or even just a mention of him and I'll be completely satisfied knowing the show can evolve as second seasons should normally.

It might seem to ask a bit too much but considering one of the writers once mentioned they'll definitely have two-part episodes if a second season ever got greenlit, plus looking at the following gif, I'm very optimistic.

F_V5-5k_gRnpTuevQX6CyKGRSZlZsCJsjC5fXxu7

Nvm, gif from Rise of Lyric ad. 

Edited by BxB-Meister
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.