Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

noice, can't wait to get the entire 4 box set when it comes to Canada!

...Cant they make new renders? That's really cheap...

Good they're coming out though, but still... They can't be putting THAT small a budget on BOOM to where they can't even give unique poses more often at the very least... Yeesh.

While the packaging is a bit generic, it's at least better than the standard Sonic DVD box art, especially Region 2.

Assuming these have the same episode number as the previous ones, won't this mean the whole of Season One will be out?

16 hours ago, Fusion Zebra said:

Looks like there are two more DVDS coming!

latest?cb=20160603130554 latest?cb=20160603125358

No Robots Allowed and Mayor Knuckles. Both were advertised in the Hedgehog Day DVD.

I'm guessing No Robots Allowed would be the last DVD Volume, since No Robots Allowed was part of the last round of episodes for the show. I still can't believe America doesn't have a single release date for any home video source yet. I want Blu Ray, or Digital HD already. 

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I'm guessing No Robots Allowed would be the last DVD Volume, since No Robots Allowed was part of the last round of episodes for the show. I still can't believe America doesn't have a single release date for any home video source yet. I want Blu Ray, or Digital HD already. 

I'm sure it'll happen eventually. At the very least, there's the three-episode DVD that comes with the Launch Edition of Fire & Ice, but I understand that's not really enough (and people might not want to buy the game).

Still, it could be a sign they're planning more American home video releases in the future.

So Europe gets Sonic Boom on DVD and America gets Sonic Boom on Hulu. Fair enough I guess.

9 hours ago, Jason the Jackass said:

So Europe gets Sonic Boom on DVD and America gets Sonic Boom on Hulu. Fair enough I guess.

We'll probably see it in the US once a "complete series" kind of thing releases. Not that I mind if this happens, I prefer to buy series that way.

Avatar the Last Airbender for example... I still drool over those sets...

• Thumbs Up 1

In the new trailer for Fire and Ice, I think there's some Season 2 clips in it. Like the one with Sonic running around with fire and Amy smashing Ice with her hammer then they bro fist. 

9 minutes ago, Terriful said:

In the new trailer for Fire and Ice, I think there's some Season 2 clips in it. Like the one with Sonic running around with fire and Amy smashing Ice with her hammer then they bro fist. 

I imagine that might be a cutscene for the game.

You know, cause of the fire and ice thing. :V

5 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

I imagine that might be a cutscene for the game.

You know, cause of the fire and ice thing. :V

TV adaptation maybe? I was imagining they'd do something like that for this new season. 3DS can't exactly handle graphics like that but who knows. Personally, I just hope when Sonic Generations 2 comes out (Come on guys. This is obvious. Classic Sonic, Modern Sonic, and Boom Sonic in one game? AND IT'S THE 25th ANNIVERSARY?! How else would they celebrate it? I just hope it's titled Sonic Adventure 3 for multiple reasons) they'll adapt that in some way.

I think the fact that those new cutscenes looks just as good as the show is a great plus in my eyes. That's just me though.

1 hour ago, sansy said:

I think the fact that those new cutscenes looks just as good as the show is a great plus in my eyes. That's just me though.

I thought they were just clips from the show.

Australia releases volume 2 of sonic boom on the 16th of June (this Thursday).

Just a heads up for Australians.

I actually got mine today. Some stores have it already............

Did anyone see the Sonic Boom creatives panel? While Bill Freiberger cannot confirm season 2, he does go into what "theoretically" could happen.New characters, multi-part episodes and possibly Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley writing epsiodes. Remember, "Theoretically"  Check at 5 hours:16 minutes. Also, check out the voice actor Q&A from earlier and the full Sonic creative panel. It's awesome.

• Thumbs Up 5

15 hours ago, Jason the Jackass said:

Did anyone see the Sonic Boom creatives panel? While Bill Freiberger cannot confirm season 2, he does go into what "theoretically" could happen.New characters, multi-part episodes and possibly Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley writing epsiodes. Remember, "Theoretically"  Check at 5 hours:16 minutes. Also, check out the voice actor Q&A from earlier and the full Sonic creative panel. It's awesome.

Cool, it seems he's on the same bus for what many fans would like to see in a new series, here's hoping he can put it in motion if given the chance. And while I feel the comic writers are overrated I could actually take to them making episodes of Boom, especially after reading the comic version (and I could see a lot of hype for a Flynn written animation).

18 hours ago, Jason the Jackass said:

I read Ian Flynn as Quenton Flynn at first (voice actor for Silver) and I literally almost flipped my shit.

WAIT SILVER IS QUINTON FLYNN

SILVER IS FUCKING RAIDEN? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS

...ahem.

But yeah, I would really love to see Flynn or Stanley do work on the show. To be honest, while I liked The Silver Age a lot, it didn't have the level of emotion I've come to expect from Evan, since I've read Ghosts of the Future (some of it, that is). I hope if she does an episode/arc of the show, she doesn't hold anything back 

Edited by Kiah
Inappropriate content removed
  • Thumbs Up 5

• The topic was locked