Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Did we ever find out how accurate IMDB.com was with regards to information? 

The metal sonic & shadow info is gone. But theres a lot more producer credits there now.

Series Writing Credits 
Mark Banker ...  (unknown episodes)
Alan Denton ...  (unknown episodes)
Sam Freiberger ...  (unknown episodes)
Freddie Gutierrez ...  (unknown episodes)
Greg Hahn ...  (unknown episodes)
Reid Harrison ...  (unknown episodes)
Doug Lieblich ...  (unknown episodes)
Tim Maile ...  (unknown episodes)
Dan Milano ...  (unknown episodes)
Dave Polsky ...  (unknown episodes)
Joelle Sellner ...  (unknown episodes)
Douglas Tuber ...  (unknown episodes)
Mitch Watson ...  (unknown episodes)
Evan Baily ...  (unknown episodes)
Donna Friedman ...  (unknown episodes)
Sandrine Nguyen ...  (unknown episodes)

Series Produced by
Evan Baily ...  executive producer (unknown episodes)
Bill Freiberger ...  co-executive producer (unknown episodes)
Donna Friedman ...  executive producer (unknown episodes)
Boris Hertzog ...  executive producer (unknown episodes)
Jane McGregor ...  executive producer (unknown episodes)
Sandrine Nguyen ...  executive producer (unknown episodes)

Series Other crew
Evan Baily ...  show runner (unknown episodes)
Mark Banker ...  developer (unknown episodes)
Bill Freiberger ...  show runner (unknown episodes)
Takashi Iizuka ...  series overseer (unknown episodes)

There's simply no way to distinguish between legitimate information and complete nonsense on IMDB.  Even of the stuff that isn't simple trolling, there's plenty of potential for assumptions or misunderstanding on the part of whichever anonymous contributor posted the information.  There's such a density of information in that update that I'd be surprised if it was all false, but where did it come from?  Is IMDB routinely privy to exclusive authorised insider information?

Coke and Popcorn is a good streaming site, they have most cartoons and they usually go up on the site quickly. No doubt that they'll have Sonic Boom on there. :)

Wait so it's possible that this may be just may be USA exclusive!? Huh, wouldn't that be quite a twist for once?

Err, where are we getting the idea it won't end up outside North America, exactly? I highly doubt that myself, and even if it's true, the show'll end up going elsewhere if it brings in great ratings anyway.

Wait so it's possible that this may be just may be USA exclusive!? Huh, wouldn't that be quite a twist for once?

Um, that's not what anyone is saying. It's already been confirmed that it's coming to the US and France first this coming Autumn, while other countries haven't got set dates or channels yet.

I do wish we would at least get who the main writer is as a breadcrumb...

Not in the least because I'd like to find out their general location so I can budget them in as a guest for any event I hold. tongue.png

Are someone gonna livestream this episode for non-US citizens?

There are millions of fans in the world, I'm sure at least one or two of them will.

Nope, it's been confirmed that there will be an international release. There's no reason at all to make it a US exclusive.

Speaking of, Stephen Frost and Aaron Webber are heading to the UK on a business trip soon. I wonder why....

Ah, okay then, that's that.

I am hoping that we will see another short trailer for the series at E3 in a few weeks as we should be getting more info on the game, may as well slip in another quick trailer as well. Can't wait for this series smile.png

Stephen did say that we have something to look forward to at E3 this year, didn't he? Id say so, Tails.

It would be good to see some of my favorite X episodes again.

I guess I have a twitch and I could do it, but then again my life is sort of retarded when it comes to my ability to do something big for the internet.

That makes it sound interesting, to say the least.

Nods to classic gaming? Content older fans can enjoy? Series vets can also get a lot from it?

I'll wait to see more, but if I like it, I'll buy into it.

Oh, and also. Please when it comes to DVD releases put the whole season on it and don't splinter it like Sonic X did [seriously, I'd buy into the entire DVD series of all Sonic series if Sonic X wasn't a butchered mess of releases].

• Thumbs Up 1

How in the world didn't Pontac think of that before.

...Did he ever say he didn't? I don't see this is a "gotcha!" moment against Pontac, unless I'm forgetting something.

From the teaser, the characters more or less act like they do in the recent games anyway which I'm okay with.

...Did he ever say he didn't? I don't see this is a "gotcha!" moment against Pontac, unless I'm forgetting something.

It's in reference to the fact that, by his own admission, Pontac doesn't know a lot about the series and resorts to Wikipedia when he has questions. He's gone into specifics saying he doesn't know what the Adventure games were, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

"The secret is simple. Don’t write down to the audience."

That's a really, really good ideology to live by. But we'll see, I wasn't too thrilled with the joke in the trailer by any means. But that's a trailer, I'll give it a few episodes when it comes out and see how I feel.

How in the world didn't Pontac think of that before.

Even if he did, I dunno if I could rely on the guys who own it for characterization, if history is anything to go by.

It's in reference to the fact that, by his own admission, Pontac doesn't know a lot about the series and resorts to Wikipedia when he has questions. He's gone into specifics saying he doesn't know what the Adventure games were, etc.

How come that doesn't surprise me..

That  interview did make me more positive toward's the show though, I can only hope the show will be as good as he is making it up to be, but I'm not gonna set my expectations too high, just in case.

I would say to the hard core Sonic fans that we’re aware of you and we’re interested in making a show that you’ll enjoy. However, there will definitely be things in this show that are different from what you’re used to. If you’re open to some of the differences and judge them on their own terms, I think you’ll like what we’re doing. And, if you keep watching, there’ll be things here and there just for you.

I want everything Sonic has already been (or Sonic generations if you will ...), because it has been proven that people do not realize what they want until they have it. People do not want innovation, they want things which are familiar. That is why games such as Sims and Minecraft are so popular. Including Steve Jobs himself said: "Often people do not know what they want until showing it to them." Replacing the formula this drastically is not necessary. Just continue with your work and do it well. That is all I am asking of Sega.

So you want Sonic Boom to be yet another nostalgia trip? I'd thought the main series has done that enough already. That is one of the reasons why I'm cautiously looking forward to this, just to see what they're going to do with this since it's so different and trying new things.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want everything Sonic has already been (or Sonic generations if you will ...), because it has been proven that people do not realize what they want until they have it. People do not want innovation, they want things which are familiar. That is why games such as Sims and Minecraft are so popular. Including Steve Jobs himself said: "Often people do not know what they want until showing it to them." Replacing the formula this drastically is not necessary. Just continue with your work and do it well. That is all I am asking of Sega.

You know, take that quote, "People don't realize what they want until showing it to them" and it sounds like he's saying that people don't know what they want until it's presented. And what SEGA has been doing before has been presented already. I don't want that. I didn't like that.

But I will agree on one thing, they should have been following a formula, but that's well over a decade too late. Anything they do will piss off a number of their already splintered fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 2