Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Sticks the badger eh? Nice to see a mustelidae join the cast! Surprised she looks so close to Marine in colour scheme and everything but eh. She looks cool, her personality is different and I have no problem with her name whatsoever. Guys, we have characters with such original names as Cream and Silver. What's so different about this name in particular??

Her voice is okay but I hope it doesn't get too grating throughout the game and tv series. Besides, I've heard worse (half the 4Kids cast). XP Actually her voice reminds me of a hoarser Vanellope Von Schweetz.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm actually even more positive now that Marine was an influence on this character.  They have a lot in common.  The name is fine, too.  She throws around a stick, and she lives in the sticks.  I'm just wondering what badger has that colouration.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like her designs. 

sonic-02.jpg

Amy's face is creeping me out lol whats up with her creepy smile? I like it though. 

Did Sonic get a new model or something? His head shape looks different than before. Looks more like the concept art. Knuckles looks a bit different, too.

I just realize that Amy is like the only one that has a normal name. 

To be fair, Tails real name is Miles Prower. It's still a pun, but Miles is a real name.

On the other hand, I just noticed that both geniuses in the franchise don't go by their real names.

1512811_10152419188402418_97501884173289

Her shoes look like a primitive version of Modern Sonic's

By the way... Not to be racist, but I never saw an orange and brown badger. Don't they usually come in black and white?

It was looking at her shoes that made me realise... she isn't wearing gloves!

Well this is certainly a first. xD

By the way... Not to be racist, but I never saw an orange and brown badger. Don't they usually come in black and white?

Racist? lol

As for the colors, they probably chose them to give her a more earthy tone. Doesn't matter whether or not badgers are that color, I mean Sonic is blue and you don't see blue hedgehogs all too often, do you?

My problem with the colors are that they look like they're taken directly from Marine.

Sticks?

That's the best they could come up with?

Now all we need is a companion for her, called Stones!biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, yeah, they don't have gloves in the jungle.

have you ever seen a blue hedgehog, red spiny anteater, or a pink hedgehog? of the classic cast Tails is the only one with coloring anywhere near his natural ones 

...touché

I kind of wonder if she originally was Marine, but as she became more of an individual, she was given a new name and a new species so that people wouldn't compare the two.  The species change in particular would explain the non-badger colouration.  The trouble with the colour comparison is that, sure, you don't get many blue, red, and pink mammals, but you sure do get brown ones - and on top of that, hedgehogs and echidnas don't have very distinct colours in real life, but the black-and-white-striped colours of badgers are iconic.

It's funny how much she sounds like a retooled version of Marine.

You can also see in her design that she was definitely made to fit in with the main cast much, much more than the other NPCs as saw in that concept art. She's more like a typical Sonic character.

• Thumbs Up 4

From the voice that brought you Assaj  Ventress in star wars, and Pandora in Kid Icarus uprising

It appears she also has quite the history with SEGA as well.

SEGAbits @SEGAbits 11m

Stick's VA Nika Futterman isn't new to #SEGA, she voiced Mizrabel in the 2013 #MickeyMouse Castle of Illusion remake pic.twitter.com/xdafAfs9NR

Boz_2b7IQAAZC40.jpg

So.... "Sticks".... I guess that makes some sort of sense, with boomerangs being made of wood. Her voice is kinda nails-to-a-chalkboard annoying, but I guess she's supposed to be the obligatory annoying member of the group. I like how Amy still has her own buddy even if Cream isn't in this, as far as we know.

I'm on the fence. She's gonna be one of thoooose characters.

You know, the one with the voice. The voice that's annoying. And the personality that wouldn't be as annoying if the voice wasn't the way it was. Anyways, I'll have to be convinced she's worth anything. Design wise she's alright, although this is easily the most shameless retooling of a character one could ever make. Jibbus.

Also,

1401373904389.jpg

They managed to make that Sonic model look worse. Geez.

Where's the knockout pills, I need to wake up in 2015. :v

I was searching for jungle badgers online and she appears to be a Torque Badger.

Hold up, Shadzter.  I don't know if I can let this slide.

According to my research, there's no such thing as a Torque Badger.  However, there is a toy character called "Torque the Badger" in the Jungle In My Pocket second series, as seen here:

http://www.rainy-dayz.co.uk/product.php?id_product=55

I did a little research on your other images, too.  The middle one I couldn't find a root source for, and I'd agree that it looks the part best, but I've no idea what kind of badger it really is - image searches widely associate it with honey badgers, but it doesn't look anything like them.  Your third picture, however, is of an American badger, and you can see a slightly different version of the same picture here, apparently sourced from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Taxidea_taxus

The top Google results for "jungle badger" are all related to Sticks and Sonic Boom, so that, at least, is a clear invention - and I would go so far as to deduce that, when Sticks was designed, either her species wasn't decided at first or she probably wasn't originally a badger at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now all we need is a companion for her, called Stones!biggrin.png

"Sticks and Stones will break your bones, Eggman!"

I'm convinced that this is going to happen, now that you've said it. She's replaced Cream (and I can't say that I'm bothered by that) as Amy's best friend, so I could see a pet called 'Stones' replacing Cheese.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hold up, Shadzter.  I don't know if I can let this slide.

According to my research, there's no such thing as a Torque Badger.  However, there is a toy character called "Torque the Badger" in the Jungle In My Pocket second series, as seen here:

http://www.rainy-dayz.co.uk/product.php?id_product=55

I did a little research on your other images, too.  The middle one I couldn't find a root source for, and I'd agree that it looks the part best, but I've no idea what kind of badger it really is - image searches widely associate it with honey badgers, but it doesn't look anything like them.  Your third picture, however, is of an American badger, and you can see a slightly different version of the same picture here, apparently sourced from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Taxidea_taxus

The top Google results for "jungle badger" are all related to Sticks and Sonic Boom, so that, at least, is a clear invention - and I would go so far as to deduce that, when Sticks was designed, either her species wasn't decided at first or she probably wasn't originally a badger at all.

Oh, I thought the Amazon listing I got the image from was for a plush of a badger breed called a torque badger laugh.png I don't know then tongue.png

Isn't Stick's VA Suzy from the Rugrats?

I hope she isn't a Cream replacement...I love Cream @n@

• Thumbs Up 1

We don't even know if Cream exists in the Boom Universe?

You are aware that this is a new universe completely different from the SEGA Sonic Universe, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Suzy was voiced by Cree Summers IIRC.