Ming Ming Hatsune

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Guys, we have characters with such original names as Cream and Silver. What's so different about this name in particular??

Not different, I just think Sticks sounds like it'd work better for a male than female.

And she seems like she can be a good fighter.

I feel like they are gonna make joke of her always stick around with the main cast and relating her to a boomerang because no matter how much you push her away she'll come back.

Idk at least something like that. Maybe at first when they meet and think she's strange.

You are aware that this is a new universe completely different from the SEGA Sonic Universe, right?

Just wanted to quote this in case people forget which they seem to be doing.

I'm not gonna be the one who hates on a character until I get the full impression, but eeehhh...I'm very mixed on this. It feels like she's gonna be the type of character that's young and spunky and the has got the voice to boot. Basically a gender flipped Charmy, except she's a main character so we'll have to put up with her more...

Hmm, I guess that's a fair assessment. I'll wait to see how she fits in with the rest of the group, but the fact that she's in a series centered around comedy raises some flags for me.

Isn't Stick's VA Suzy from the Rugrats?

I hope she isn't a Cream replacement...I love Cream @n@

Cream was okay, but I won't be bothered if she's replaced by Sticks. She's sweeter than I like and I didn't think she really added much to the series. Plus, I find Sticks's voice to be much less annoying.

Idk at least something like that. Maybe at first when they meet and think she's strange.

I'm wondering if she'll simply be part of the main cast in the show with no actual introduction or explanation as to how she met the other characters.

I kinda hope that doesn't happen. But your probably right.

Wait no,

Didn't they say she found some friends to hang around with? So maybe the fieso episode will do. Was it the game acting as a sequel or the TV one?

Speaking as someone who actually liked Marine...

I always thought it would be odd if she returned in Boom, due to her relative obscurity. But, the design is very reminiscint. Today, when I read the initial description of Sticks, to me it might as well have said "Marine the Feral Badger". Having watched that video, I appreciate her "quirkiness" is more like the typical "batshit insane" cartoon trope than Marine's bouncy eagerness. This may just be my ears, but she sounds similar one of Donald Duck's nephews, too.

I doubt I'll be watching Sonic Boom, doubt I'll play it as well to be honest due to lack of Wii U, so if she does end up being really bad I guess it won't affect me. But still, based on that clip, I don't think she'll be terrible, and it seems she'll fit right in with the tone the show is going for.

If she des end up in the game, it'll be interesting to see how she plays, compared to the others, and that's what I'd like to judge her on down the line.

I don't know why, but the idea of bringing Sticks as part of the cast raises an eyebrow for me. Sticks being a new character isn't a problem for me, I'll judge her from what I see. But it's more that they decided to create a whole new character, instead of retooling one of the old ones like they've done for Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman.

On the other hand, they did tell us there would be new characters beforehand, so it's not like we didn't see it coming. I suppose the though will simply pass by when the get around to showing off the other recurring characters. Just a itch in my mind I wanted to get off.

Her voice sounds decent tho, and I actually like it! The script on the other hand? Annoying as fuck. The actress says she's funny without trying to be funny, but it sounds completely opposite that she's trying. Those lines really just aren't doing it for me. Seeing her in action might change that.

So.

Whose the guy with the kitchen get up? I think he was holding the knife.

From the same pic when we first saw sticks

Any speculation with him?

I actualy like Sticks, her design is pretty good and such, but I can't say that it doesn't bothers me how much she looks like Marine, its like a primitive take on Marine and yet they're diferent species, oh well.

The voice though... I'm really not sure about it, she looks like she's gonna be an annoying hyperactive type of character, but hopefully not.

Also what's up with Amy's expression's lately? She's either giving the sexy/sassy looks or being all derpy.

So.

Whose the guy with the kitchen get up? I think he was holding the knife.

From the same pic when we first saw sticks

Any speculation with him?

I think he was supposed to be a chef, and there was another one who looked like poodle in a nurses uniform. All of those characters are NPCs and minor characters in the show I guess. They look decidedly different to the main cast, and that includes Sticks. From the get-go she's looked a lot more 'normal' (sans her lack of gloves that really really irks me).

From the get-go she's looked a lot more 'normal' (sans her lack of gloves that really really irks me).

I imagine gloves weren't readily available in the jungle, and she ain't about to start wearing them now (and now I'm picturing an episode wherein the main four are trying to get her to wear gloves like most everyone else, and she's stubbornly refusing).

I imagine gloves weren't readily available in the jungle, and she ain't about to start wearing them now (and now I'm picturing an episode wherein the main four are trying to get her to wear gloves like most everyone else, and she's stubbornly refusing).

I know why she's not wearing them, but I don't think it would have been harmful to give her some. They could have been made from the same tattered cloth as her clothes. That'd make sense. Seeing Sonic characters with bare hands just doesn't sit right.

Honestly, I'm on the fence with this one. Ex-Marine is fine design-wise, has an alright name, and has a interesting choice of voice-actress. But geez that writing. The second-hand cringe I got was so consuming that the video suddenly stopped after the government violin line, and only afterwards had I noticed how quickly and instinctively I hit the pause button.

She's not a bad idea on paper, but if she's gonna be a Ctrl-Alt-Del character then man I am gonna have to muscle my way through this.

I know why she's not wearing them, but I don't think it would have been harmful to give her some. They could have been made from the same tattered cloth as her clothes. That'd make sense. Seeing Sonic characters with bare hands just doesn't sit right.

I personally don't mind the lack of gloves, but I can see why others might rather she had a pair. Honestly, like Sonic's blue arms I didn't even notice she wasn't wearing any until you mentioned it.

I don't feel like they should be required to retool/reuse some arbitrarily large number of characters before giving some focus to one of their own.

Except I wasn't implying that they should be required to do that...? Don't know where you're getting that from.