Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I think the show is looking alright. Not what I want out of Sonic in the least, but it's looking moderately entertaining. Even the bit with Knuckles got a chuckle out of me (and Eggman's final line as well), so I'm expecting this to at least be fun if nothing else.

Animation looks good, too. Still really impressed that it looks as good as it does for an animated TV series.

Acting sounds really good too; I found Smith's Sonic in the Sonic Boom footage we saw recently to be really grating and annoying, but the little snippets here sound good. I dunno if it's a difference of director or perhaps just because all the actors are in a booth together playing off each other, but it sounds much better. And knowing Tails was recast, all I can think about is he reminds me more of Genis from Tales of Symphonia. Hopefully he's not nearly as obnoxious as Genis is...

New trailer

Travis Willingham's new voice direction is pretty damn good.

Amy juggles balls???

Oh don't worry Eggman, you're already an evil ham...a LARGE evil ham.

tumblr_n6yy2tMqYE1s9pusko1_500.gif

Y'know what? I didn't expect to be charmed by what I thought Boom's comedy would be like but I am currently laughing my ass off.

Dat face tho.

I like how suave and smug Knuckles sounded in this. Seems like he won't just be the big dumb guy.

I was always more excited for the show. And this trailer reminded me as to why.wub.png

It seems like they're borrowing clips and scenes from the "Sonic fires Tails from being his sidekick and everyone else tries to fill in his place" episode, which is likely to be the first episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dat face tho.

I like how suave and smug Knuckles sounded in this. Seems like he won't just be the big dumb guy.

I got the opposite impression. Sounded to me like Knuckles was for some reason feeling all smug and full of himself (maybe it's the episode where he runs for mayor?), and Sonic couldn't believe how stupid he was being. 

Now THAT is what I call a trailer if only they had only made fun of the voice in the game it wouldnt have made me cringe.

Now here is something I can get excited behind from here on this is what I call sonic boom the game will always be just a cash in to me.

I got the opposite impression. Sounded to me like Knuckles was for some reason feeling all smug and full of himself (maybe it's the episode where he runs for mayor?), and Sonic couldn't believe how stupid he was being. 

Maybe I phrased that wrong. I guess what I meant was it's a huge step up from "HEY THERE ARE THINGS INSIDE THESE THINGS AHYUCK".

Wasn't there an episode synopsis we heard about a while ago where Sonic "fires" Tails as his sidekick? That's probably the episode both the bit with Knuckles and juggling!Amy are from, and they're there to audition to be Tails' replacement...though, naturally, Knuckles seems to be trying to turn it around and make Sonic the sidekick.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay what the hell, I actually really liked that!

Currently this is the thing im looking forward to the most regarding Boom, I just love the scene of Sonic simply going "no..Knuckles" so simple but really funny.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow, I'm REALLY looking forward to this! The animation is superb, the humour is actually hilarious, and it just looks like a lot of fun to watch.

Well, this is a pleasant surprise again. While not OVA quality, this is looking to be a fun little show in its own right. Good on these guys.

That trailer was awesome. Loved seeing Knuckles being smug, loved seeing Amy juggle, everything was just awesome. It's also looking gorgeous; I've never seen a CGI show that looked so pretty.

I also loved Eggman's line at the end: "And it'll feed me ham. EVIL ham..."

Eeeeeeeevil ham....

Ok this looks a tad more interesting than the games. :D And I'll actually be able to watch it... somehow... *whistles*

I liked Sonic's expression and sigh at Knuckles... yeah dude, that's what I was thinking. :P

Wow.

Compared to the games I'm actually looking forward to this! From that trailer alone I can tell it's funny, has great voice acting (Knuckles sounds brilliant in this!) and the animation looks great, I mean great for tv! So expressive, so fluid...yeah, I think I'm gonna love this show. XD

I mean, look at Amy's juggling! That's the cutest thing I've ever seen Amy do! And Knuckles' smug coolness and Sonic's "No Knuckles..." is priceless. I like this a lot!

I say bring on the tv series but be skeptical about the games.

I REALLY enjoyed that. The CGI is top class and the dialogue and character interactions are enjoyable. Noice.

Knuckles doesn't look as beefy as before in that there picture. I mean, he's still got waaay bigger arms than Sonic's blue noodles, but he doesn't look overinflated. :D

I'm still getting used to the fingers, though!

Wow.

Compared to the games I'm actually looking forward to this! From that trailer alone I can tell it's funny, has great voice acting (Knuckles sounds brilliant in this!) and the animation looks great, I mean great for tv! So expressive, so fluid...yeah, I think I'm gonna love this show. XD

I mean, look at Amy's juggling! That's the cutest thing I've ever seen Amy do! And Knuckles' smug coolness and Sonic's "No Knuckles..." is priceless. I like this a lot!

I guess that also puts to rest all that talk about Amy not caring about Sonic anymore just because she's more capable.

That was so hilarious! Holy crap, the part where knuckles was like "I think you would be a great sidekick for me."  Then sonic's like "No, knuckles" The disappointment in sonic's face LOL