Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I loved the trailer! It was pretty fun. Also, Knuckles' design is growing on me. Not that I prefer it to the classic design, but it's looking better than in the preview. 

Now he can swallow chili dogs whole and there won't be a neck bulge that's there one second bad gone the next.

I saw the show earlier at E3 today. It looks and sounds fantastic. Definite watch from me.

Did they show a trailer, or footage?

Did they show a trailer, or footage?

The same trailer you saw.

Nothing stays secret at E3 for long, unless you're in the press room. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I just love the segment where Knuckles thinks Sonic should seriously consider being HIS sidekick. Lawl, what? biggrin.png

Well i mean sonic doesnt get to just call dibs on leader does he?

Wow, I didn't check the Sonic news for like, a month, and all this stuff happens, particularly the Sticks reveal.

I will admit, I sort of like Sticks - the Sonic universe needs more strong female leads, and her name and design definitely blend in well with the established cast. But on the other hand, she looks like she could have come straight from the fancharacter pages on DeviantArt. I guess there's only so much you can do before the character doesn't blend in with the established "look" of the series, but I was hoping for something that isn't a blatant re-tool of an existing character.

Also, Big the Cat needs to cameo in this series at least once. I'd love to see what he'd look like. And, because this is a reboot/ new continuity, it's not like Sega would have any reason not to bring back Mighty and Ray...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I didn't check the Sonic news for like, a month, and all this stuff happens, particularly the Sticks reveal.

I will admit, I sort of like Sticks - the Sonic universe needs more strong female leads, and her name and design definitely blend in well with the established cast. But on the other hand, she looks like she could have come straight from the fancharacter pages on DeviantArt. I guess there's only so much you can do before the character doesn't blend in with the established "look" of the series, but I was hoping for something that isn't a blatant re-tool of an existing character.

Also, Big the Cat needs to cameo in this series at least once. I'd love to see what he'd look like. And, because this is a reboot/ new continuity, it's not like Sega would have any reason not to bring back Mighty and Ray...

Big the cat would be perfect for this type of show.

In fact if there is not an episode where Knuckles and Big have to team up to save the world, I will be sorely disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wonder how the series will be aired.

I mean, how many episodes per week?

One new episode a week like almost every other TV series? Well, until it takes airing breaks.

I'm hoping we get 2 segments per week to at least get a full 22 minute "episode" every week. But seeing it's CN, they'll probably air one 11 minute segment per week. Which sucks because my only method of watching this show is on demand, which means I'll have to wait 2 weeks for every new episode. That is, unless they go the Teen Titans Go! route and release every 11 minute segment for the price of a 22 minute episode. And I hope to God that doesn't happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually since the episodes are in the 11-minute-per-episode format, they'll either be able to air two episodes a week or do what Steven Universe (and possibly some other shows?) does and usually only air one new episode a week. For some reason, I'm expecting the latter.

...Ninja'd so hard.

Edited by elementofchaos

I think they confirmed two episodes in a 30 minute time slot. So a bit like Spongebob and I think Adventure Time? Sorry if I've got that wrong, I don't watch the show (and I'm ashamed that I haven't ;_;).

• Thumbs Up 1

One possibly is they air 13 episodes in the Fall, then air another 13 in the Spring, then another 13 in the Fall, and then finish up with the final 13 in the Summer.

However, that's usually the model for more epic shows like the Walking Dead not kids' shows as far as I know. But I doubt they'll give us all 52 one week after another. There's going to be breaks somewhere so they can milk reruns.

Once more saying this show better have ads for the game built into the segment.

• Thumbs Up 2

How are you going to watch the show? I will probably use online.

Sorry if this is really short.

How are you going to watch the show? I will probably use online.

Sorry if this is really short.

I will get it on some website or another. I havent watched tv in years.

I don't have cable in my room so I'll probably wait until they upload it online or wait for it on DVD.

The Network itself if circumstances provide. Hopefully it'll be in one of those anniversary commercials with Sonic doing some cool jazz and stuff... 

Since cable is included as part of my rent, I will just DVR the episodes more than likely then watch them on the weekend.

While I like how the show is looking, my one gripe is the episodes only being 11 minutes in length. I guess I am more use to the standard 22-23 minute episodes, so I really wonder how much plot, if any, there will be here with that. And while I understand each episode is meant to be stand alone, I really hope it doesn't feel rushed either.

I'll watch them online. They'll probably hit Coke And Popcorn or some other TV show streaming site. They might be aired later on this year here in France but I want to watch it in English.

Huh, it seems like I'm one of the few people that will watch this show "legally" if you may. I usually watch my shows online or just download them, but that doesn't always ensure great quality. And since I don't have CN, I'll be buying a season pass on iTunes if it's at a reasonable price (ie. $50 or less). I find it's the best way for me to watch the show in the highest quality and also directly support the people that made the show. And I really want to watch this show in HD, as the animation looks to be really nice. 

Hopefully I can get this show recording from CN when it airs in the UK.

But then, that requires being at home. And while at uni, that's looking less likely.

Still gonna try and watch it somehow though.

Problem is though, the UK might not get it until at least a few months after if other shows are of any example.

Which sucks because the game is out in November. Guess I'll just have to watch it online and get the Blu Ray when it releases.

get the Blu Ray when it releases.

Yeahhh I wouldn't hold my hopes up for a Blu-Ray. The only CN shows so far to get the Blu-Ray treatment are Adventure Time and Regular Show. And Regular Show's Season 3 Blu-Ray is on hold for now. I would think they'll just release themed DVDs or perhaps season volumes on DVD like they did with The Looney Tunes Show and Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated. Although the former never got Season 2 released. This is partly why I'll be sticking with the iTunes releases, as much as I hate buying my media digitally. Hopefully Sonic Boom can become as popular as CN's big two but only time will tell. 

Edit: Oh, crap. Well never mind what I said about Regular Show. Season 3 was never even planned to be released and the DVD version has been indefinitely delayed.

Edited by SwiftWinds

That only effects the US, its up to whoever distributes it in France and the UK whether it gets the Blu-ray or not