Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Hmm, really? Is the UK and France known for getting Blu-Ray season sets? I mean, I've seen several more shows, animated of course, get seasons released in Europe. However, it's mostly just DVD, not Blu-Ray. In any case, I do hope we get this series on Blu-Ray. It'd be a nice addition to my home video collection.

What I really hope for the TV show is that the animation in each episode stays consistent and doesn't get worse or sloppy as the series goes.

Hmm, really? Is the UK and France known for getting Blu-Ray season sets? I mean, I've seen several more shows, animated of course, get seasons released in Europe. However, it's mostly just DVD, not Blu-Ray. In any case, I do hope we get this series on Blu-Ray. It'd be a nice addition to my home video collection.

No, UK generally don't get any CN shows on DVD at the moment.

In terms of consistent animation, I think we're fine. We're not in the 80s or 90s anymore and from what CGI shows I've seen (Garfield and TMNT) the animation is consistent and if anything it gets better as the show progresses. In both shows I've seen the animation get a little bit smoother, so I pretty confident that the same will be with Boom.

That's just it, CN ONLY HAVE THE SHOW IN THE USA, everywhere else other distributors will be getting the rights, however we only have Frances', and its up to each country's distributors to do disk sets

Oh, really? Well then I guess there's a chance it won't air on CN here in Europe. Now, because I have Greek cable (yes, it's possible where I live) I'm thinking it might air on Boomerang or Nickelodeon. Why Boomerang? Well, shows like The Garfield Show and The Tom and Jerry Show (2014) were aired on there instead of CN, which is where they usually air in the States. And Nickelodeon has MLP on air. So, hopefully I'll be able to watch it on TV. And now that I think about it Disney XD is also probable since they show Pokemon on there... Hmm, I just really hope it airs on Boomerang since it's the only channel that airs cartoons in English. Not that I have a problem with Greek. It's just that their dubs can be really crap at times.

Note: I'm pretty sure Greece is the only area in Europe without CN. Minus France, I guess. They have Gulli, right? And they noted it's airing there, which is a good choice. Gulli seems like the most popular kids network there. I mean, it even has it's own magazine. So that's kinda why I hope it doesn't air on CN in the rest of Europe.

Edit: Oh nope, yeah. France has CN too. Damn you Greece.

Edited by SwiftWinds

In terms of consistent animation, I think we're fine. We're not in the 80s or 90s anymore and from what CGI shows I've seen (Garfield and TMNT) the animation is consistent and if anything it gets better as the show progresses. In both shows I've seen the animation get a little bit smoother, so I pretty confident that the same will be with Boom.

Yeah; CGI shows don't suffer the same problems traditional animated shows do in terms of inconsistencies. At worst, characters may move stiffly if the animators are on a tight schedule; or certain poses may look awkward. Lip syncing can be an issue at times too, but that's not common. There won't be stuff like miscolored characters, or incredibly off model shots though.

(Maybe, one issue of clipping, but that is so remote a possibility you'd have to look incredibly deep.)

Only thing I really don't like about this show now: the lip-synching seems hit-and-miss. Anyone else seeing this? Sometimes it works, at other times it doesn't match up at all.

One thing to expect is a lot reused environments after the first 7 or so episodes, and pretty empty places. That's the one standard CGI shows haven't escaped from yet.

Only thing I really don't like about this show now: the lip-synching seems hit-and-miss. Anyone else seeing this? Sometimes it works, at other times it doesn't match up at all.

Yeah one thing I noticed in the first preview was Sonic mouth wasn't all that well synced with the line "So what? Is he gonna burn me with flamethrowers or something?" the part where he said flamethrowers had strange lip syncing. Also in a lot trailers for animations, they tend to mix the audio of one scene with the video of another and it looks really lazy and the lip syncing makes it obvious. I'm not so sure if this happened with Boom but it looked like it when Sonic said "The plan had holes!". The only problem is, the audio fits the scene fine. But I wouldn't be too worried. At least it won't be on Garfield levels of bad lip syncing. And anyone who's seen that show knows how bad it can be at times.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not so sure if this happened with Boom but it looked like it when Sonic said "The plan had holes!"

This was the main example that made me post. I saw the original teaser had a little of it, but this one was more obvious. I'll put up with it, but it makes watching a little less comfortable for me.

Now that we're on the topic of trailers, am I the only one that found them extremely cheesy? Even the TV one started out with the whole chiche "In a world..." line. Not sure if they were going for a serious tone with the whole deep narration, but it just sounded silly to me. Maybe I just feel that way because it's Sonic.

I've just realised that the Tornado even has Sports tape on! at least they are consistent! :P

anyway I ama ctually really excited for the series anyway, not so much the game, but the show seems to actually be good fun to watch, plus it doesnt seem to take itself seriously, so it can get a bit silly without any repercussions.

Oh, really? Well then I guess there's a chance it won't air on CN here in Europe. Now, because I have Greek cable (yes, it's possible where I live) I'm thinking it might air on Boomerang or Nickelodeon. Why Boomerang? Well, shows like The Garfield Show and The Tom and Jerry Show (2014) were aired on there instead of CN, which is where they usually air in the States. And Nickelodeon has MLP on air. So, hopefully I'll be able to watch it on TV. And now that I think about it Disney XD is also probable since they show Pokemon on there...

Whoa, your channels are weird over there. Over here, Pokemon is on CN and re-runs are on Boomerang...MLP is on the Hub.

Anyway I really hope you guys get the show over there!! I want everyone to be able to enjoy it :(

I might try to find out a way to record it though so I can share it if not, though...

Isn't the game coming to Europe? Why wouldn't the TV show?

Pokemon seems all over the place in the UK. Main place is CITV, although I think there have been episodes as far as CN, Boomerang, Disney [don't ask] and even, if I'm remembering this right, Sky. UK TV really is all over the place though. Last I saw, Harry Hill's TV Burp was airing on CN, and One Foot in the Grave made an appearance on Drama.

Hopefully Boom stays in one place. And I hope that place is CITV, so at least that way I can watch it while at Uni.

Well we all know someone is going to put the episodes up for download on a torrent site at some point anyway, so.

Now that we're on the topic of trailers, am I the only one that found them extremely cheesy? Even the TV one started out with the whole chiche "In a world..." line. Not sure if they were going for a serious tone with the whole deep narration, but it just sounded silly to me. Maybe I just feel that way because it's Sonic.

No, you're not, but I kind of got the feeling it was supposed to sound silly. It just sounded way too cheesy to not be intentional to me. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Isn't the game coming to Europe? Why wouldn't the TV show?

Well yeah it's a given the show will come to Europe. My main worry is if it will come to Greece. You see, back when we had CN, it was the same CN that was broadcast in the Middle East as well as South Africa. So, if CN gets it in those areas, it's unlikely it will come to Greece because of the loss of CN. I may also note that the Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Boomerang channels are also mirrors of the Middle Eastern and South African broadcasts. Call it a simulcast if you may. The one channel it could be on is Star, which is one of the few non-cable networks (if not the only one from recent memory) to air cartoons/anime on Saturday mornings. And they have a few CN shows on there every now and then. The only problem is, they get them really late.

But yeah I shouldn't be talking about Greek television here as I'm probably the only one who cares for this stuff. I mean, you guys won't be affected, but yeah. I just wanted to clarify a bit on what I was posting and why I was posting it. 

Australia... hmmm. I'd say my best bet is ABC3, unless there's another network over there that airs programs for children within the age range Boom is aiming for. Not to mention ABC3 airs show that usually air on DIsney XD and CN in the States. Of course, it could air on another channel, I'm just not too familiar with Australian channels. I mean, CN is always a possibility too.

Australia... hmmm. I'd say my best bet is ABC3, unless there's another network over there that airs programs for children within the age range Boom is aiming for. Not to mention ABC3 airs show that usually air on DIsney XD and CN in the States. Of course, it could air on another channel, I'm just not too familiar with Australian channels. I mean, CN is always a possibility too.

There is a version of CN in Australia as well. Perhaps it could get aired there too?

I'm personally hoping for Channel 10 or 11, as I believe they showed Sonic X there as well. I don't want it to be pay TV exclusive otherwise watching this show is going to be a bitch.