Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

From the first one, definitely Sonic sassing Eggman about Burnbot.

From the second one, The exchange between Sonic and Knuckles seems to be a fairly popular one. The way Roger Craig Smith delivered the blunt tone of "No Knuckles..." was just perfect.

Though I was quite pleased to see that Boom!Sonic would retain his big brother instincts towards Tails with the  "I was just trying to protect you..." line. Even if we know Sonic starts off as loner in the game, the fact that he manages to warm up to Tails and be a surrogate brother to him makes me happy.  

I agree with the 'No Knuckles.' line. So simple yet the way the line was delivered was hilarious. (I still can't get over that scene).

The "No Knuckles..." scene was hilarious. Sonic's expression and his delivery of the line made it perfect. And "Eeeeevil ham" also got me laughing out loud. I wasn't expecting Eggman to add "and he'll feed me ham!" and most certainly not the "Eeeeevil ham" line afterwards. Again, the delivery of these lines are prefect. I feel it was a great thing to have all voice actors record together and I have a feeling the show will have a lot of funny moments like this. 

• Thumbs Up 5

When do you think we will see another trailer for the series and what channels will be airing the series in different countries?

As for the trailer question, i imagine we will see one at Sonic Boom 2014.

"No Knuckles" line. The evil ham thing did make me laugh, but it's mostly Pollock's delivery. Also, you know, sig'd. Eggman's on a board, looking pissed, I like that.

I actually hated the Burnbot sass, really. It reminded me of Colors humor and, well, I find that awful.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just curious as to when I'll be seeing teaser commercials on CN. Most likely near the end of the summer.

Which make me wonder, is the show still slated for a fall release and the game will be mostly a holiday release?

I'm just curious as to when I'll be seeing teaser commercials on CN. Most likely near the end of the summer.

Which make me wonder, is the show still slated for a fall release and the game will be mostly a holiday release?

The game is November, but the show is now slated to be part of the 2014/2015 season. Last year they said Autumn of this year, but have since changed that stance.

As for how they will advertise the series, I think they could do a special tie in episode with one of their shows. Steven Universe tie in anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

As for how they will advertise the series, I think they could do a special tie in episode with one of their shows. Steven Universe tie in anyone?

An Adventure Time tie-in too as it still is one of CN's popular shows and despite aesthetics, themes of adventuring/quests are similar than most other CN shows. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to see an Adventure Time tie in. That- I could feel that for some reason, lol. But as for the scene I found the best? Uhm, not sure. Probably "No.. Knuckles" because of the animation and delivery. It was all pretty good in a sense but I'm not sure which I'd count my favorite. 

I love the current voice cast! They just bring so much life to all the characters and I think they will really help make this show great!

• Thumbs Up 1

I had to take my eyeballs for a walk after watching that trailer. 

tumblr_m8minnyNKX1qzwhb0o6_r1_400.gif

Do you guys honestly believe they would tie-in a 3D CG animated show, with some of the more popular 2D ones?

These shows have never had tie-ins before and I doubt they've sold out to the point that they will now, least of all for a show about a video game.

Don't doubt the power of shameless pandering.

Granted, a Sonic-Adventure Time cross-over doesn't sound like it'd work.

I stand corrected. 

Please god no.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also worth noting that many of these "animated show crossovers" are IPs owned by the network (and in most cases are done by animation studios either owned by the network or are producing the network's shows).

Sonic Boom is obviously a "third-party" show, not a "first-party" one, so we won't be seeing Knuckles and Muscle Man arguing who can do the most bench presses while drinking soda or something similar anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't wait for this freaking show to air already! I need Boom cartoon now!

http://www.2d-x.com/voice-actor-roger-craig-smith-talks-batman-regular-show-and-sonic-boom an article I found that I thought was interesting. Hmm...

Ta for the heads up!

What can you tell me about Sonic Boom?

Oh man, just that I’m chopping at the bit again, it’s so frustrating to be recording all these episodes and waiting for these things to come out and start finally airing. We are having so much fun recording the game and the series. [it] has been just a blast, it’s probably been one of my more enjoyable projects as of late because the show’s writing is an excellent opportunity for us to look at these characters that are very well established, that we know and love and kind of have fun with them. Which is what the series is really doing. We’ll still have action elements and lots of explosions and fighting, and Sonic doing what he does. But we also kind of play around with these relationships between Dr. Eggman and Sonic and Amy and Knuckles and all that. We have been laughing our rear-ends off in these sessions of the series. And the game, I cannot wait to see the finished product of as well. I think it’s going to be one of the largest worlds that they’ve created for the Sonic franchise.  It looks so awesome and I can’t wait to play it.

I think that’s all of my questions! Is there anything you wanna hype?

Yeah, Sonic Boom is the latest and greatest. Of course Batman: Arkham Origins: Cold, Cold Heart DLC is available now. It’s an excellent, excellent story and I enourage all Batman fans and video game fans to check it out. The writing is phenomenal and the gameplay is just a blast. We’ve got more episodes of Regular Show, more episodes of Clarence on Cartoon Network . And follow me on Twitter @RogerCraigSmith to get the latest and greatest of all things coming out. I’m a corporate shill and I shamelessly promote all the projects I’m involved with so it’s the best  way to see what I’ve got coming out and what I’m working on.

Not a lot really, but he says he's really enjoying recording the dialogue for all aspects of Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought what he said about the relationships between Eggman and the main four was something to think about. We already know about Sonic being independent to another level, but I'm curious what else is in store- particularly Eggman.

Also I didn't know he was Ezio! I need to hurry up and finish AC already!

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, just based on a few backstage voices, their relationship seems less like war and more like a rivalry, as if they actually like each other, but engage in violent "playing" of sorts. Yes, Eggman will try to destroy them, but they're not really hating of each other.

The scene I'm talking about is Sonic requesting weaponry for something and Eggman replies, "Sure! All you had to do is ask."

• Thumbs Up 3

That's silly! I like it. I wonder if they'll have to team up again to defeat Lyric? It really doesn't seem that him and Eggman are going to be working together.

This makes me curious about in the trailer though, where you can see Eggman and the team standing on a mountain together. They look like they're just discussing something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really eager to see more of how Amy acts in this universe. Especially since this version won't be soley defined by her crush on Sonic.

That's silly! I like it. I wonder if they'll have to team up again to defeat Lyric?

What would actually make me love it if Eggman's the biggest reason that Lyric fails. Like, after they have their villainy disagreements, he decides to turn on Lyric and equips Sonic with the necessary needs to defeat Lyric, probably the time traveling stuff. Bonus points if he's part of the final boss battle, cheap-shotting Lyric to give Sonic an opening for attack.

After being betrayed by MotW over and over again, it'd just be icing on the cake for him to be the backstabber.

I mean, without something like this, I really can't understand why Eggman would even be part of it at all other than, you know, brand recognition.

• Thumbs Up 1