Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I doubt Lyric will ever appear in the show, but you can bet Shadow and Metal Sonic will become major characters in the second season.

Speaking of, Perci has still not made an appearance! Didn't they say she would appear in the show too? o_o

I doubt Lyric will ever appear in the show, but you can bet Shadow and Metal Sonic will become major characters in the second season.

Speaking of, Perci has still not made an appearance! Didn't they say she would appear in the show too? o_o

I have a feeling that she might appear somewhere at the near end of Season 1, I think a few other characters from the game will too.

Shadow on Sonic Boom TV show....it reminds me how Mike Pollock replied to that.. :D haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMEAh5rhsc&feature=player_detailpage

honestly .. i think this last episode  Tomato Sauce one .. wasn't so bad as the previous one.. (Don't Judge me one)

this one , the sidekick , the one where cubot and robot had protagonism, and "How to succed  in evil without really trying"

were pretty fine compared to others...

Basically, character restrictions prevent Shadow and Lyric from being integrated until at least the Second Season.

Metal Sonic the same?

in France they put 2 episodes per week.. so they already have more episodes than here in America..

there its an Episode called  Bleu de jalousie (Jealousy Blue): A new character appears at the city. It will be a serious competition for Sonic and his coolness.

i don't think its Shadow.... but well.. we still have to wait almost  6 epidoses (i guess) to see it

in France they put 2 episodes per week.. so they already have more episodes than here in America..

there its an Episode called  Bleu de jalousie (Jealousy Blue): A new character appears at the city. It will be a serious competition for Sonic and his coolness.

i don't think its Shadow.... but well.. we still have to wait almost  6 epidoses (i guess) to see it

Sounds like it's going to be

Perci, at least I'd hope so!

Metal Sonic the same?

Well yeah, but then he would hopefully appear in season two alongside Shadow!

I would be absolutely annoyed if they made Boom resemble anything like Toddler Titans Go!. Sonic Boom is a series that actually has some smart team based comedy that doesn't take a shit on the original source material and has likeable characters. Teen Titans Go on the other hand is the most bottom of the barrel comedy you can get, with absolutely stupid jokes like spending an entire episode saying Waffles. That's apart from the times where they decide to take a shit on either the original Teen Titans (For example, their horrible adaption of How Long Is Forever? an absolutely amazing episode of the original series) or Young Justice (The recent Let's get Serious episode)

I was hoping I would be able to mention Teen Titans Go! without someone bashing on it but I guess that's not the case. Also, I find it rather hypocritical that you think it's absolutely fine to bash and whine and complain about Teen Titans Go! but that it can't make lighthearted jabs that are meant to be jokes. And when did they make an adaptation of How Long Is Forever? Yes, they made a time travel episode but that's really the only thing the two have in common besides the characters in it. 

Also, perhaps you should read what I say instead of finding where I mentioned Teen Titans Go! and automatically going to complain about it. I said I'd like if they used more characters from the source material, like Teen Titans Go! does, I never said anything about changing the show to be exactly like it. Overreacting much? 

I'm sorry BlueArms86, but suggesting Sonic Boom to be more like Teen Titans Go is a terrible idea! A lot of people are furious with how that show treats the characters and the fans. I was never a big fan of the original, but I admit the original was good, but Go is just terrible. You're saying you want the creators of Sonic Boom to make each character as childish, immature, and mean spirited as possible?! No thanks! Teen Titans Go is a disgrace as a spin off, and as a show in general. They made episodes where the main characters flat out die in the end, and that's not funny. No one tunes into a show they like, to see their once beloved characters get killed, as a desperate attempt to make people laugh. Sonic Boom is fine the way it is. 

Once again, I only said they should use the pre-existing characters more similar to how Teen Titans Go! does, not that it should become exactly like Teen Titans Go!. And besides, how exactly how the show treat its' fans? Badly? Not really. Making something you don't like isn't the same thing as treating the fans badly. I will admit, the endings will the characters dying is a bit much, but if it's well done, it's fine. And actually yes, I'm sure people would tune into a comedy show to see their favorite characters die if they're into black comedy, a major staple of the show. 

I was hoping I would be able to mention Teen Titans Go! without someone bashing on it but I guess that's not the case. Also, I find it rather hypocritical that you think it's absolutely fine to bash and whine and complain about Teen Titans Go! but that it can't make lighthearted jabs that are meant to be jokes. And when did they make an adaptation of How Long Is Forever? Yes, they made a time travel episode but that's really the only thing the two have in common besides the characters in it. 

Also, perhaps you should read what I say instead of finding where I mentioned Teen Titans Go! and automatically going to complain about it. I said I'd like if they used more characters from the source material, like Teen Titans Go! does, I never said anything about changing the show to be exactly like it. Overreacting much? 

First off, If you are going to act like you are against people actually giving their opinion, then why the hell would you bother posting it? You can't expect everyone to go and praise your opinion on TTG. The point of this board is for us to talk about our opinions, which means I should be able to talk about my opinion. If you like, fine, enjoy it but don't give me shit for not liking it, especially as a big fan of the original series.

Secondly, I don't exactly see how it's hypocritical to have a problem with a show and a show making stupid and unfunny jokes about a legitimately amazing episode in animation. Thirdly I'm "Whining" about it? Not really considering the points I've made are legitimate negatives of the show.

Fourthly, Lighthearted Jabs? Alright, I was hoping that I wouldn't want to go into this whole thing but it isn't just the jokes. It's the entire idea of what the show has turned the characters into. Staring into the Future feature Cyborg and Beast Boy being the absolute biggest pricks possible, who don't care that their friends are happy with their future. Robin is happy with Batgirl, Starfire is ruling her home planet, and Raven is a great hero. Cyborg and Beast Boy are evil enough to actually go and completely destroy their happiness for the silliest reasons. The jokes in of themselves aren't funny in the slightest and overall, it doesn't feel like it's taking an episode in another aspect, it feels like they decided to take the one episode fans regarded as one of the best of the best and decided to completely shit on it.

I could make an entire post on why Staring into the Future and Teen Titans Go in general is a terrible show but this is a Sonic Boom thread and I'm not going to derail it any further.

So no. Don't start trying to insult me for hating a show that has legitimately awful points to it. Not once did I insult your opinion in my post, just saying my opinion that Boom would be a terrible show if they even attempted to adopt TTG's formula. Your post basically insulted my opinion by claiming I was only hating for the point of hating and nitpicking the show, which I wasn't,

So no. Don't start trying to insult me for hating a show that has legitimately awful points to it. Not once did I insult your opinion in my post, just saying my opinion that Boom would be a terrible show if they even attempted to adopt TTG's formula. Your post basically insulted my opinion by claiming I was only hating for the point of hating and nitpicking the show, which I wasn't,

I didn't insult you for hating the show. You were too nitpicking for the point of nitpicking as all I said was that Boom needs to use more of pres-existing characters similar to how Teen Titans Go! does. If I didn't mention Teen Titans Go! as an example, you would've never complained about. I never said Boom should adopt its' formula, just that it should use more pre-existing characters. 

That's not entirely Boom's fault. If the posts in this thread are to be believed then apparantly some characters can't be added until Season 2. But on that point, I don't think it's a good idea for them to just throw in a random fan service character just for the sake of it, TTG may have a bunch of characters that are from other shows but a majority of them aren't really used well. Young Justice for example was only used to set up a joke and that was it for the "huge" crossover. I'd rather the characters have some kind of purpose rather than being there for the point of being there.

Although if they are added, I seriously hope that they actually bother to make Shadow likeable. He was too much of a douche in Rise of Lyric.

That's not entirely Boom's fault. If the posts in this thread are to be believed then apparantly some characters can't be added until Season 2. But on that point, I don't think it's a good idea for them to just throw in a random fan service character just for the sake of it, TTG may have a bunch of characters that are from other shows but a majority of them aren't really used well. Young Justice for example was only used to set up a joke and that was it for the "huge" crossover. I'd rather the characters have some kind of purpose rather than being there for the point of being there.

Although if they are added, I seriously hope that they actually bother to make Shadow likeable. He was too much of a douche in Rise of Lyric.

I think Teen Titans Go! uses their characters just fine. Yes, lots of them are just background characters but I think that helps establish the universe better. As for their use of Young Justice, I think it was fine. They could've used the characters better but it help set up one of the best episodes of the series and that's perfectly fine with me. 

Or it could be another show-exclusive character, one who is neither Shadow NOR Perci.

lets hope this isn't the case, because that would be terri-bad.

lets hope this isn't the case, because that would be terri-bad.

I don't think it would be that bad. I'd prefer a pre-existing character like Shadow or something but the original characters in this show have been pretty good so far. 

I don't think it would be that bad. I'd prefer a pre-existing character like Shadow or something but the original characters in this show have been pretty good so far. 

other than dave the intern, no one else interests me

other than dave the intern, no one else interests me

Because most have been bland and generic cartoon characters meant to fill space.

lol.. i've been looking for some footage of the french episodes.. to catch a clue.. :D

and i only got this (Plays Tretris music)

tumblr_inline_nkcfw0QJ4l1syysn3.gif  

• Thumbs Up 1

You must have seen it before but for those who haven't, this was posted weeks ago, on Sonic's Twitter. Since it's Sole Power, and some of us have seen spoilers of what we think it's the episode (before it got erased):

Tomorrow on #SonicBoom, Sonic gets into a bind.

B_bQ7kAWIAAa6BR.jpg

But the episode that aired on that day was How to Suceed in Evil. And since then, SEGA stopped posting sneak peek pics after that...

lol.. i've been looking for some footage of the french episodes.. to catch a clue.. :D

and i only got this (Plays Tretris music)

tumblr_inline_nkcfw0QJ4l1syysn3.gif  

Again!

HE IS BEAUTY, HE IS GRACE, HE SHALL KICK YOU IN THE FACE.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have good faith I'll love this episode, if only because It feels like it's the first one that actually focuses on Sonic, or at least the first in a while. And partially do to wanting to see Sonic be deprived of his speed. Might lead to some potetially good humor revolving him. Though could do without it being like how the comic depicted it.

That picture of him being bound appears as if it'll be another 'breaking the fourth wall' moment with him appearing to be looking directly at the viewer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another nice episode. The montage with Sonic and Tails got a laugh out of me. Also for quote's sake:

"Just because I'm your sworn enemy doesn't mean we can't be friends!" ~Eggman

This show in a nutshell.

I quite liked this one. It was rather refreshing to see an episode mainly focus on Sonic for a change.

-Tail's voice control vehicle actually didn't have that "didn't work at first, but eventually did" cliché and it was Sonic unintentionally/unknowingly screw it up. Though it's 'kinks' with having dump chocolate shake all over him after giving him the wrong one was obvious (and funny).

-Tails playing doctor. You'd think having Sonic run around him during one part of that montage would cut him of oxygen and have him briefly suffocate.

-So now we know Sonic is both a good singer and dancer (though Tails might disagree on the latter given his expression during that).

-Sonic having to walk like a normal person.

-I was also impressed that Eggman took advantage of situation and as he said, use Sonic's speed as a hindrance to him and strength for his robot (who is obviously Mega from previous episodes but isn't named so for some reason). Probably one of the most clever plans he's made so far.

So all in all, it's another favorite of mine. Only thing I didn't really like was Amy making it a big deal about the 3rd person thing with Sonic. Thought it was unnecessary to comment on and just reminded me too much of how grammar-Nazi she was in the first two Boom comics, but that's relatively minor.

EDIT: Actually, It does strike me a bit odd that everyone sans Tails doesn't seen to care or want to help Sonic with his problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

That made me laugh out loud multiple times, and had an interesting concept to boot. So, it did it's job for me ;)

There's a new French episode synopsis out:

First off, 'Jealousy Blue' has been pushed back, which should keep the 'who is Sonic's rival' debate on here going for longer

:P

We also have:

Episode 26 - Eggman Disconnects All

Disgusted that he can't get his way despite of all his inventions, Eggman decides to abadon his robot designs and technological weapons

^....!

That was one of the live recordings the cast did back at the Boom convention. "Dr. Eggman has suffered a series of setbacks. He blames his over-reliance on technology for his failures, and decides to swear off machines and tech. But he's still determined to defeat Sonic."

*Reenacts scene where Eggman tries to attack Sonic with non-tech stuff and fails, while Sonic is all, "WTF, are you serious?"