Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

There's a new French episode synopsis out:

First off, 'Jealousy Blue' has been pushed back, which should keep the 'who is Sonic's rival' debate on here going for longer

:P

We also have:

Episode 26 - Eggman Disconnects All

Disgusted that he can't get his way despite of all his inventions, Eggman decides to abadon his robot designs and technological weapons

At least we get a reason for Sonic being tied up. His running can cause supersonic vibrations that can be sensitive to the ears. Kinda reminds me of how in AOSTH's "Case of the Missing Hi-Tops," Sonic's sneakers can absorb the friction that would burn Sonic's feet, if he should run fast.

This was an okay episode with another good plot from Eggman, but needed a little bit of tweaking in the writing to be great. Still, some good moments. My favortie being Sticks and Knuckles commenting on Sonic using his speed to over power the robot.It's basically a comment on themselves.

Sticks - This is crazy!

Knuckles - Actually, it's stupid.

Sticks - Crazy!

Knuckles - Stupid!

Sticks - Crazy!

Knuckles - Stupid!

Tails - No, it's brilliant!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda confused about the ending...unless I'm missing something.

Just how does Sonic stop making that ear rape noise whenever he runs?

Nevertheless this was a pretty good episode. The scene where Sonic makes a huge deal out of fetching the volleyball because shock horror he has to walk to get it was hilarious :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, I can't tell who's dumber at this point: Any of the gang for still trusting Eggman to actually be honest with any of his favors, or Eggman for building something with a weakness I could see from a mile away (because why put in a failsafe when you can have all the power?) The episode was cute though, if only for Sonic having to personally feel what normal locomotion is like. Granted, I wish that kind of experience made up the majority of the episode versus having him forcibly tied up instead.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think that was honestly the most sudden ending this series has had. And that's saying something. It doesn't feel like an actual ending, and more like the story just all of a sudden stopped.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nevertheless this was a pretty good episode. The scene where Sonic makes a huge deal out of fetching the volleyball because shock horror he has to walk to get it was hilarious :lol:

Good point. Hell, was it ever disclosed that the noise was caused by Sonic's worn-out soles? And if so, how come nobody ever thought maybe just suggesting or getting him a new pair?

Good point. Hell, was it ever disclosed that the noise was caused by Sonic's worn-out soles? And if so, how come nobody ever thought maybe just suggesting or getting him a new pair?

Eggman states that it's caused by his energy output not matching his velocity and that it suddenly started happening then due to his aging.

Eggman states that it's caused by his energy output not matching his velocity and that it suddenly started happening then due to his aging.

You are missing something - it was Eggman that was somehow causing Sonic to make that noise when he was running. What he said about aging causing it was just a lie to fool Sonic into wearing those other shoes. He would have explained how in a presentation, but Amy smashed his device before he had a chance. They lampshaped the cliché so hard.

Ultimately not a very good episode. It was more rushed than any of the others, and didn't get many laughs from me. It's easily on the weaker side.

• Thumbs Up 3

how did Sonic know about Amy's secret movement?.... if its a secret... O_O

did she tell him ? :D ahah sharing secrets? hmm? omgsonamyanalskdasda!

actually i found this episode soo cuute!

Sonic's face almost at the end.. awww or when Eggman gave him popcorn! awww! :wub: 

but.. dunno.. eggman getting depresed constantly.. its weird...

and ... Sonic referning himself as third person ..how is that creepy? XD  or maybe he is not the true Sonic! ahhah XD ok no...

and well well.. Eggman refered to Orbot and Cubot.. i think i miss them.. they have been  left out from the show for a while

hehe.. still  i feel this its getting shorter everytime... i wanted more..

I quite agree. The amount of wasted story telling is just mind boggling. Sonic's super power and claim to fame hurts his friends, and they don't want him using it. How will he cope? Fuck if we know, we never find out. That subplot gets dropped harder than a wine glass in a brothel. 

Sole Power was a bit less interesting than I hoped it would be. Why has every other episode ended oddly for the past 5 episodes? In Aim Low, it ended in a very abrupt way, 2 episodes later, "Don't Judge Me" had an abrupt ending, and 2 episodes later (today), another abrupt ending. This is why I wish CN would air a full new episode, instead of half a new one, and half a rerun... That way, we have the chance at getting a good episode in the mix. I didn't like Amy's portrayal for the most part in this episode, she was a bit grouchy, which really doesn't suit the Amy we've seen in previous episodes of the series. You'd think Amy would feel sorry for Sonic, and want to help him, instead, she grunts, scowls, and pretty much tells him to stop trying to help, in a way. I also thought it was lazy for the writers to not explain why Sonic couldn't take off the shoes, and it was especially lame to not see Sonic get his old shoes back in the end. It's like the ending implied that Sonic can never take those goofy looking shoes off, ever. However, this episode had good moments, especially Tails testing Sonic's health, the perspective of Sonic's few step journey to get his volleyball (without running) (At first, I thought it was an error. I was like "wait," aren't they already at Sonic's shack?! In past episodes, that volleyball net and beach were near his house." Luckily, it was only for a visual joke about how impatient Sonic is, when he can't move fast.) I also liked Knuckles's response to Amy's comment about how creepy it was for Sonic to refer to himself in third person, and I loved the scene where Amy smashes Eggman's presentation, right when the audience might think that Eggman is going to force us to watch it. (good comic timing.) 

"Because you're faster than the speed of sound you don't hear it."

*Script, are you trying to tell me that the whole time Sonic was running at the speed of sound? Because that looks more like 50 MPH to me.

*Sonic still hears Tails scream when he's making said noise.

The ending did kind of bother me slightly as well.

Kind of weak I think but I definitely enjoyed the chemistry between Eggman and Sonic, and I love the "inside Sonic's mind" gag as Sonic gets the volleyball, I was not expecting that punchline.

The squeak Tails makes at 1:23 is strangely adorable.

• Thumbs Up 5

More or less the same opinion for me. Not horrible, but kinda poor execution. And while Eggman duping the heroes is a fun play on their characters, the episodes have made it less about Eggman being manipulative and more and more around the heroes being gullible. Ironically the only one who hasn't fallen for this big time at least once is Knuckles.

The ending was indeed sudden, they didn't even explain how he could take off the shoes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brilliant usage of the "small steps take forever for Sonic" tradition with the map.

“Wait, which one am I on?” Oh Knuckles, you and your inability to read directions.

“Yeah, Knuckles hates that!” Continuing to be the last person you want to support your argument…

This episode went different than expected. I assumed that Eggman would remote control Sonic’s feet with the shoes, but he used them to generate an endless supply of energy instead. Brilliant!

Amy smashing the presentation… ha! Shame, I was kind of interested how he got the sound to play… guess it’s going to be left as a loose string for all time.

Clever use of the “give the enemy so much of what they need it fries them” trope, though.

That ending was beautiful.

That canyon keeps popping up… it’s a shame they feel the need to re-use assets, but given the target audience I’m not too surprised.

I thought it ended fine on the joke. However, this episode was just...."Meh". It required Sonic to be more gullible and stupid than Knuckles in order for Eggman to trick him. I'm just gonna add a scene into my headcanon to make it better.

(It's just after sonic returns with his new shoes on and says this line)

Sonic -Eggman actually helped me!

Amy - Eggman?

Sonic - Yeah.

Amy - Our arch enemy who's always trying to destroy us?

Sonic - Ummm...yeah?

Amy - You let Eggman give you a new pair of incredibly ugly shoes that he just somehow happened to have in his lair that fit your feet perfectly?

Sonic - Yeah! I.........I'm an idiot.

Knuckles - Welcome to the club! Here's your membership card and lanyard. We meet every Thursday night at the village lodge and play tic-tac-toe. The first person who shouts "Bingo" wins!

Sonic - That......that's not even close to how you play tic-ta-

Knuckles - We don't understand the rules, okay?!!

(Ground shakes. Cue the rest of the episode.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Ehhh, this episode was okay, I really liked when Tails was playing Doctor with Sonic, and dat dancing.

Eggman's plan was birlliant too, and Sticks was smart in tying Sonic up! But I awwed when Sonic became sad. 

I'm not sure if anyone has heard about another new episode, But it's called "Let's Play Musical Friends".

The bad news is, it's not what you may have expected:

When a living computer virus takes over Dr. Eggman's technology, Orbot and Cubot must defeat it in the cyber world.

This episode will air on 25th April.

Buddy Buddy will air on 18th April, and Sleeping Giant will air on 11 April. after Hedgehog Day.

Oh. And this.

...Yeaaa I have no clue what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it me or did sonics face looks different? I dont know the word to explain it but he just does compare to other episodes.

I also liked this episode, the ending felt to sudden though, but I did got some laughs out of this one.

I've heard other people say everybody sans Tails sort of came off as jerks in Sole Power. I only half-agree with that. Yeah, he might've gotten in their way during battle and the noise definitely messing their concentration, but after that, they never really seemed too bothered with actually trying to fix his problem unless you count tying him up as "helping." So I can't help but half-understand why Sonic would go to Eggman, despite Sticks's protestations when I'm like, Well, it's not like you guys have been much help so far aside from tying him up, which even then is only a short-term solution rather than long-term. Eggman at least pretended to care and listen to the problem, none of them ever tried except Tails.

Gullible of Sonic to do it anyway? Yes. But when you got a mostly apathetic team of friends who'd you'd think would know what happens when you deprive Sonic of his running, I almost can't blame him.

EDIT: And another thing, did they just totally went on with their volleyball game after Sonic left and forgot where he went? Because when he shows up, none of them ask sensible questions like "What are those ugly shoes you're wearing? What did Eggman say? Are you still sure you could trust him?" But no, all we get out of Amy is "Don't talk in third-person, it's creepy."

........Really Amy? That's really the main issue here? Not asking about the weird shoes or still sour about him going to Eggman, but how he talks? Your Grammar Nazism wasn't cute or funny in the first two Boom comics and it's not either of those here. You're not Fastidious Beaver. He at least begins with "Actually...." to make him sound more informative. When you do it, it makes you sound like a snooty little snot.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Soo there's a goof in Sole Power...

When Sonic hits the vollyball the third time, (the scene with Tails) we see his old shoes for a split second. It was mentioned in the You Tube comments.

Nevermind the fact that they goof up Eggman's moustache at least once in almost every episode.

Soo there's a goof in Sole Power...

When Sonic hits the vollyball the third time, (the scene with Tails) we see his old shoes for a split second. It was mentioned in the You Tube comments.

I noticed another goof. When Eggman cut the tree down, that Sonic was tied to, with his volleyball net, we see Sonic hop away while still tied up with the net. Yet when he joins up with the gang after getting his new shoes, did anyone question how the heck Sonic's friends had the volleyball net back up. Sonic took off with it, and there wasn't any good excuse for them somehow having a 2nd net. 

I'm a little late, but I wasn't able to catch Episode 19 right away due to being so busy while out of town in Atlanta this past weekend. Now that I'm back home and have seen "Sole Power", I would like to give my take if I may :)

I really liked "Sole Power" and it had me laughing a good couple of times. While I haven't had a problem with the focus on other characters, it was nice to see one actually focused on Sonic, the main character of the show. 

Just going to get into observations on my end with this episode:

r7Dssfh.jpg?1
Odd that Tails' wrench is secured in the seat-belt (again-Episode 16) as is Tails himself, but not Sonic. And I think that "glitch" of Tails' machine dumping chocolate syrup on Sonic was more than justified as Sonic shouldn't of been talking trash about the thing. He also should of asked nicely for it :P

Mqq3Tor.jpg?1
Tails playing "Doctor" is just way too adorable! :)

d8RqNEJ.gif?1
I just can't! Sonic doing that jig and Tails with the DOUBLE facepalm is hilarious! :D

GAaCOe0.jpg?1
Sonic having to walk a few steps being torture to him...That scene was well played! :)

ZCfYVLQ.jpg?1
Sonic looks so sad here seeing he can't help due to being a hindrance in defeating the robots :(

QRlKcdq.jpg?1
While I kinda understand the reason for tying Sonic up, wasn't he causing more problems with his mouth as opposed to his feet? They should of taped his big mouth shut too :P

fLMn4Gk.jpg?1
That's messed up that Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks are celebrating and having fun without Sonic :(

LBdGsQy.jpg?1
"Just because I"m your sworn enemy doesn't mean that we can't be friends!" This pretty much sums up Dr. Eggman throughout the entire show and I love it!  :D

sMQU4n7.jpg?1
Yes, Sonic IS back to being his cocky and obnoxious self treating the volleyball like a basketball! :P

So yes, again I thought this episode was a good one and brought some good laughs. My only disappointment really aside from not seeing Dr. Eggman's presentation how he got Sonic's shoes due to Amy smashing his device was pretty much how mean everyone was to Sonic and not trying to help him sans Tails. I had no problems with the ending to be honest with you although it would of been nice to have known how Sonic could remove the shoes. In fact, I liked how Dr. Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks were all actually in agreement, even if it was in regards to their annoyance with Sonic speaking in the 3rd person :P Otherwise I thoroughly I enjoyed this episode and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one :)
  • Thumbs Up 9