Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Yup that's the one! I couldn't post the picture because I was using the phone.

And it's The Buddy Buddy Temple alright.

Pretty cool episode despite missing the first few minutes. The episode did not disappoint with Eggman and Sonic's communication at all!

• Thumbs Up 5

Episode highlights:

* Eggman's sadness at the loss of his Eggmobile.

* Orbot & Cubot being elevated at escaping Eggman, but then deciding that they needed Eggman in their life, resulting in that ending which is almost like some kind of family reunion.

* Eggman & Sonic's photo  :P. I guess the Eggmobile has (had) an inbuilt camera after all.

Edited by Oscillo-Kaworu

Tails will only be seen as a Sidekick, nothing more. I mean, that's his job title, as of the first episode.

Those Buddy Beavers sure had an odd and deadly way to teach friendship, I wonder if they have any connections to Fastidious.

Actually, it's an odd way to teach companionship.

The adventure aspect of the story was fine, but the humor felt flat and immature. What the hell is up with Sonic shooting a nest of birds at Eggman's face?! Some friend to small animals.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually didn't like this as much as I thought I would.

I still enjoyed it enough though.

I didn't understand why they had to put the other cast members in there at the end, though. I would have preferred the focus stayed on Eggman and Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35SRPKnAOgQ&feature=player_detailpage

yay! the episode is now at Youtube!

hehe i liked it so much.. i liked how Sonic hurted his ankle and Eggman mocking about it at the end.. XD and Sonic using his leadership skills! wow! :D

but i think the whole part of Amy and Knuckles discussing was kinda .. meh...

i though they would try to do something to get they guys out from the temple... Amy using his archeologic habilities..

but anyway...

it ended rushed again... :D but in general i liked it so much...

• Thumbs Up 4

"The Curse of the Buddy Buddy Temple" was another good episode that had me laughing a lot throughout the adventure. Sonic and Dr. Eggman's interactions were awesome, especially with the "Power of Teamwork".

Per usual with the Sonic Boom episodes, I would like to share some (as I saw a lot here!) observations/highlights with Episode 22:

D70Yqu3.jpg?1
I cannot get over how silly and playful Dr. Eggman is in Sonic Boom and I love it! Here he is actually singing while trying to hit Sonic with the laser :P

XhnGB8c.jpg?1
Cubot and Orbot celebrating their freedom from Dr. Eggman with confetti! :)

r6UyNfx.jpg?1
What is Sonic getting mad about wearing a harness for?!

Didn't he wear one a couple of times in last week's episode with all the parachute shenanigans?  ;)
Anyway, Dr. Eggman going "Mush! Mush!" was hilarious! I can't blame Sonic for being mad about that!

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked Curse of the Buddy Buddy Temple. My favorite moment was when Orbot yelled "we're free!" after Eggman got trapped inside. I laughed harder when Orbot and Cubot came back and complained how they can't do anything on their own. I do find it kind of shameful that Sonic's friends weren't getting along well without Sonic. The whole intermissions would have been better, if t showed them trying to break into the temple, instead we got a bunch of scenes of Knuckles making things complicated. Amy was just trying to volunteer to help lead the team to rescuing Sonic, but Knuckles just objected to everything, despite the fact he had no idea what was going on (he seriously admits it before they all fall through the ground, and end up in the temple.) I can't blame Amy for getting mad at him, even when she apologized and tried patching things up at the end, Knuckles was still being ignorant and stubborn. I liked how Tails kept being told "no!" by everyone, even Sticks, Orbot, and Cubot told him "no" , lol, poor Tails. The action and visuals for the episode were decent, and the escape sequence at the end was a fun scene. I'm glad they ended the episode with everyone escaping, instead of leaving them stuck in the cave, that would have been a bummer of an ending. I really liked how Amy said "Thank goodness we got Sonic back", we then see Sonic turn towards her, and give a smile of appreciation. If that were the game version of Sonic, he probably would have shook his head, or rolled his eyes. So it was nice to see that he looked appreciative to hear Amy say that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked Curse of the Buddy Buddy Temple. My favorite moment was when Orbot yelled "we're free!" after Eggman got trapped inside. I laughed harder when Orbot and Cubot came back and complained how they can't do anything on their own. I do find it kind of shameful that Sonic's friends weren't getting along well without Sonic. The whole intermissions would have been better, if t showed them trying to break into the temple, instead we got a bunch of scenes of Knuckles making things complicated. Amy was just trying to volunteer to help lead the team to rescuing Sonic, but Knuckles just objected to everything, despite the fact he had no idea what was going on (he seriously admits it before they all fall through the ground, and end up in the temple.) I can't blame Amy for getting mad at him, even when she apologized and tried patching things up at the end, Knuckles was still being ignorant and stubborn. I liked how Tails kept being told "no!" by everyone, even Sticks, Orbot, and Cubot told him "no" , lol, poor Tails. The action and visuals for the episode were decent, and the escape sequence at the end was a fun scene. I'm glad they ended the episode with everyone escaping, instead of leaving them stuck in the cave, that would have been a bummer of an ending. I really liked how Amy said "Thank goodness we got Sonic back", we then see Sonic turn towards her, and give a smile of appreciation. If that were the game version of Sonic, he probably would have shook his head, or rolled his eyes. So it was nice to see that he looked appreciative to hear Amy say that. 

Why is Sonic making it such a big deal that he twisted his ankle? He already has plenty of bandages to wrap it up with :P

• Thumbs Up 3

It was a good episode. Hey, remember this?

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps1dd7f4ub.jpg

Nice find! It's the same thing with Circus of Plunders as well!

The tent as seen in Buster:

640px-1_zps2f9bb7bb.png

The Tent in Circus of Plunders:

10612997_10153032449587418_3114268303058

As for the Buddy Buddy episode, I liked it, it was pretty funny, the voice acting was good, and Sonic calling Eggman Benedict Arnold was priceless.

Wanna know what else was priceless? Eggman's:

I%27M_FABULOUS.png

"I'M FABULOUS!" face.  :D  :lol:

My only complaint was how Tails was treated. Everyone except Sonic, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot (I think) were behaving mean to him. Also, did anyone hear the snapping sound when Sonic tried to reach the ledge? That sounded painful.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to agree with Jason The Jackass. The concept was good, but some of the humour fell kinda flat, especially Knuckles and Amy's arguing.

Looks like the Sonic Boom TV series isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/58110508?trk=jserp_job_details_text

Help CCO of Sonic to evaluate business models for new opportunities/subsequent seasons of Sonic Boom with recommending continuity plan of Sonic Boom.

Well this more or less confirms Sega want a series 2 and possibly more games too! Well Shadzter, it's time to news this, then we all sit back and watch the big kaboom! 

I wouldn't jump the gun on new games Hogfather, for now just list a new season may be coming.

continuity can mean different things, in this case it means to continue Sonic Boom itself not story continuity.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good to hear they might be doing more episodes. Boom deserves another series. 

There's plenty of things they could improve on, such as better writing, longer episodes or two part episodes. More background music. More interesting side characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

well..  this is really nice to read..  *o*

There's plenty of things they could improve, such as better writing, longer episodes or two part episodes. More background music.

Edited by Drawloverlala