Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

*First pic: KNUCKLES HAS GONE TRIBAL.

*Second Pic: KNUCKLES BECOMES A DRAGON (lol)

*Third pic: Reddish eyes Knuckles is kinda scary...

*Fourth pic: Some SonAmy.

*Fifth pic:... Okay... that's kinda inappropriate... O_O

*Sixth Pic: More SonAmy.

*Seventh Pic: Cooked hedge-(shot) and Amy seems to have a communicator too!

*Eighth Pic: So much SonAmy.

*Ninth Pic: Sticks, there's a seive on your head.

In all seriousness, I think some of those pics are from the Closed Door Policy/Hoarding the Hoarde episode.

Most of those are from the episode "Chilidog Day Afternoon."  The rest are from "The Curse of the Crosseyed Moose."

Bill

• Thumbs Up 8

Did the episode with someone trying to be cooler than sonic air yet?

(obvious shadow question)

Yes it did, weeks ago, nobody posted about it so I assume there wasn't anything special in it.

If you're referring to "Blue With Envy," the answer is no, it hasn't aired yet.  And to answer your "obvious" question, Shadow is not in that episode.

Bill

Most of those are from the episode "Chilidog Day Afternoon."  The rest are from "The Curse of the Crosseyed Moose."

Bill

Oooh! Thanks for clearing that one up!

Say, I think Sticks is going to say this in that Cross eyed Moose episode,(From the "Get to know Sticks video):

"Crossing paths with a cross-eyed moose brings a curse upon the moose crosser and their non-moose-cross friends.DON’T YOU PEOPLE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCIENCE?!?!"

Great episode this week. I loved all the references like that Mario one. Also, the use of the game was really clever. What did you guys think though?

Didn't really have much to do with the title.

Tails: "Try this video game! You can run, roll, and collect rings as fast as you can!"

Cubot: "That sounds terrible!"

Orbot: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Cubot: "The princess is in another castle?"

This episode. I just can't. So many references including the Konami code. That was amazing. XD

The whole 17-bit thing wasn't a typo at all either. Well then!

Great episode!

• Thumbs Up 3

If you're referring to "Blue With Envy," the answer is no, it hasn't aired yet.  And to answer your "obvious" question, Shadow is not in that episode.

Bill

Can't you just say "Shadow isn't in any episodes produced so far", so people won't get their hopes up for nothing? Just like the other Non-Boom Sonic characters have been deconfirmed.

He's not really required to say anything at all.

Indeed he isn't, but that would save a lot of distress for fans.

Oooh! Thanks for clearing that one up!

Say, I think Sticks is going to say this in that Cross eyed Moose episode,(From the "Get to know Sticks video):

"Crossing paths with a cross-eyed moose brings a curse upon the moose crosser and their non-moose-cross friends.DON’T YOU PEOPLE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCIENCE?!?!"

She will, indeed.

Bill

Didn't really have much to do with the title.

The title is a reference to the children's game, Musical Chairs, where players move around and keep changing the chair they're sitting in.  In this instance, Orbot and Cubot are moving around looking for new friends. So id did have something to do with the title.

Bill

Can't you just say "Shadow isn't in any episodes produced so far", so people won't get their hopes up for nothing? Just like the other Non-Boom Sonic characters have been deconfirmed.

Sega has asked that I not discuss whether or not Shadow or Metal Sonic will appear in the Sonic Boom cartoon.  So, I can neither confirm nor deny any rumors about either of those two characters.

Bill

• Thumbs Up 5

So, I've been looking at the spoilers, and...

people are comparing the bad guy in the episode is a combo of Zavok (Deadly Six) and Black Death. The bad guy also has an arrow facing down on his forehead, and that reminds me of Avatar (the anime) a bit.

Still can't wait to see the episode!

Kirk Thornton’s Shadow voice seemed to slip a little more this episode, at least at the start.

I was amused that Motobug was called Motobug, but “Buzzbomber” wasn’t used.

The video game references were greatly appreciated. Making fun of the Sonic franchise, referencing Mario, and the Konami code.

I loved how in the end, Sonic and Eggman actually scheduled out a battle.

I liked this episode a lot more than the last. Interesting concept seeing the characters leap between digital and physical; that always has the potential to be fun. Shame it’s only 11 minutes long… the way they beat the bad guy was priceless though.

I can't believe we're almost done with Season 1. It's actually been rather smooth ride for me. So, I can't wait for tomorrow's episode to see what musical antics Cubot and Orbot will be getting into. :D

Most of those are from the episode "Chilidog Day Afternoon." The rest are from "The Curse of the Crosseyed Moose."

Bill

Would like to take a moment to welcome you here to SSMB Bill, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

• Thumbs Up 1

That there's no official deconfirmation can be interpreted to mean it's at least been or is being considered, I think.

That's really all I need. Guess we'll just need to wait and see...

Though of course, we need to remember prior pitfalls with the "we might use this character" route. As I recall SEGA intervened to keep Sally Acorn from dying in the Archie comics on the basis they had plans for her... and nothing came of it. :P

Oh look, an episode where Orbot and Cubot join Sonic, and Eggman asks Sonic for help.
This show can literally open with Amy watering Eggman's house plants and Orbot and Cubot helping improve Tails' anti-Eggman weapons and I wouldn't even bat an eye.

That said, neat episode, some fun jokes.
Virtual reality ideas are always fun and the "hack in the computer to affect the real world" thing gave it a cool 90's vibe.
Also nice to see Tv writers are finally old enough to make jokes about the NES and Genesis, so far I never saw any videogame jokes beyond "lol, remember Pacman?" on tv.
Just another 20 years and we'll get our first Playstation and Sega Saturn jokes.

But please, easy on the "Eggman and co cooperate with Sonic" jokes, they're funnier when used sparingly and with more weight.
It happens so much in Boom that there's no magic to it anymore.

I was amused that Motobug was called Motobug, but “Buzzbomber” wasn’t used.

We covered it last week on the Sonic Boom Commentary actually. Bill told us the change was due to it being a clearer name as to what it is. Crabmeat likewise is 'Crab Bot', whilst another change is that there are no 'Badniks', Eggman refers to them as his 'minions'.

(Also, yes... hi.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Guys I think I know what Amy said.

when sonic said he's gonna chop his arm off, Amy said, "Sonic you forgot your axe!" (I think).

O_O

• Thumbs Up 1