Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Pretty good episode, except...so, so many opportunities for Sonic game references, and we get one? Just one? Why not have Orbot and Cubot going through a more Green Hill Zone-esque landscape? Collecting rings? Heck, have the plane control like the biplane from Sonic 2. Give them the classic Sonic jumping sound effect. Mild quibbles, but such small little additions could have made the episode so much better.

To answer the question posed above, I've found the Sonic Boom cartoon as a whole to be...polarizing. Some episodes are fantastic (the Buddy Buddy Temple episode), and others make me cringe more than the script of Sonic Colors (the rock monster episode). All in all, the show is good, but not great.

You know, I was thinking and while I don't think the show needs some serious continuity, I do think having a little bit between episodes could make for some really good jokes. For example, take Don't Judge Me where T.W Barker is Eggman's lawyer and accusing Sonic of being guilty, it would have been funny if we heard Sonic make an off hand comment along the lines of ''Yeah? I'm pretty sure capturing people to be in your 2 bit circus is against the law as well!''.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• I'm getting more of a Zavok look in Nominatus. Who voiced him?

i think Roger Craig Smith voiced him.. ^_^  .. but that's my guess...

Ohhhkay, I was on tumblr, and found some more stuff about the TV series, said by Bill. Some of the trivia is taken from his twitter, and

Some of the stuff you may already know.

But to save time, I'll just put the stuff here:

• There is no currently a season two in the makings.
  • Amy’s archeology is rarely played upon in the cartoon.
  • There is no flashback episode about how Sticks joined the gang.
  • Sonic’s “lovely singing voice” was purely used as part of a joke and therefore will likely never come into play.
  • Fuzzy Puppies” is coming really late in the season.
  • At some point, something will happen prompting Fastidious Beaver to pop up in a window, stare “them” down, and then disappear (this just sounds amusing to me.)
  • The way episodes are being finished, certain things are clumping. Sticks having two episodes in a row was never intended.
  • Yet the air order is said to be the timeline. Contradictory? Or Lazy? You decide.
  • Knuckles does not have a house. He lives in nature.
  • Things that happen in one episode do affect future episodes. It’s the world that resets, not people’s memories and time itself.
  • The Lightning Bolt Society is important and will likely return several times.
  • There is a version of the Photographer’s Assistant that will return as a producer in a future episode.
  • There is a movie episode.
  • Initially there was supposed to be a wrestling episode, but it was cut out.
  • There are no two-part episodes in the first season. If Sonic Boom gets a second season, it is possible that there will be a two-parter.
  • Sonic having blue arms is mostly because the people working on the show (and probably the games too) thought it looked better. Tan arms made it look like he was wearing some wrestling outfit- according to Bill, anyway.
  • It was a specific decision to change Amy from a “stalker,” yet still “keep Sonamy alive.” (I think the writers ship it. All of them.)
  • Shadow being in an episode would be an important thing to SEGA and thus they’d announce it in their own way. Therefore, writers and others working on the show can neither confirm nor deny his presence in the cartoon. So don’t pester them about it, they won’t answer.

I hope you're happy. The Bold underlining is important, the Underlining is facts, and the two with Italiics combined means it's kinda humongously important.

Oh, and here's the source.

(Why am I underlining eveything)?!

• Thumbs Up 9

well... i already knew Knuckles had no house.. :D

*-*  omg! i don't care if this its true or not.... i'd love if the season two happens someday..

so accourding to this, they lied about Sonic's singing voice? 

8 v 8   that's cruel.. we wanted to hear him singing ...

Knuckles does not have a house. He lives in nature.

Mmm... According with "Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal", Knuckles have a "house". Is a cave in Scrapyard.

Mmm... According with "Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal", Knuckles have a "house". Is a cave in Scrapyard.

Actually, that's a hangout area. That doesn't necessarily mean "home".

But since Shattered Crystal is self-contained and nothing really suggest anything that made it canon to the show which is something even Rise of Lyric had but outside of the toys that references some stuff from the show, is there any actual proof that SC is canon to the show. 

But yeah, I've been listening to the Sonic Boom Commentaries by the Sonic Show/Last Minute Continue people featuring Donnie/SSF1991 from the TSSZ News and Sonic Paradox series and hearing what Bill has to say sounds to be very amusing especially the Death Stare Fastidious.

The thought that Knux lives in his workout equipment is just pretty silly but i guess that's the buff hippie thing to do.

And they lied about Sonic's singing voice, YOU BASTARDS! ; ____ ;  I had so much hope for that......

I certainly hope the ex-Photographer's Assistant will be named Tanner or something along the line of that. Might not but eh, why the hell not?

Yeah, I don't like tan-armed Boom Sonic looks horrible but tan-armed Modern Sonic is sexiest thing ever well outside of Eggman himself of course. Don't look at me like that, you feel the same as well don't you dare deny it.

But yeah, hope to see more Freiberger Feedback soon. Especially when we have the man himself joining them here forums, which I welcome dearly and hope you have a splendid time.

But enough Sonic Boom Comms references unless I'm like the only one that actually listen to their podcast....... 

Oh look, Thursday’s special on Sonic Boom episode reviews. 2 episodes for the price of 1 post! Only this Thursday when it’s actually a Monday…..yeah moving on #failedlegomoviereference. Also in a special offer, they’ll be incredibly half-baked to the finest degree.

So first getting all Buddy Buddy in the temple, it was a pretty good episode!

The story involving Sonic and Eggman is pretty solid and the interaction between the two is pretty great. But a problem I had was the bickering between Knux & Amy and Tails being constantly shat on because of it. The argument became rather annoying and tiresome so yeah, small problem but is a pretty annoying one. I liked the idea that Orbot and Cubot left Eggman but only came back because they’re so used to being told what to do that they can’t handle making their own decisions, it’s hilariously sad. Eggman being so genuinely sad to see his Eggmobile being burnt in lava was just as sad.

Overall, it’s a pretty good episode that had a good main plot but not as good secondary plot.

Now, we have Let’s Play Musical Friends which is also another good episode as well. I would think this was one of the better episodes in recent memory, not saying that the previous ones were bad but I liked this one a lot more than the recent ones.

The glorious video game jokes were great. Whether it was Cubot humorously hating on Sonic, the Mario reference or the Konami code that saved their asses.

Orbot and Cubot were definitely a lot of fun in this episode so having them around again is a huge plus. Eggman saying LOL just sounds incredibly stupid but hilarious and also hearing Sonic say he’s gonna chop his arm is just as funny. Tails taking Orbot & Cubot and tries to keep them entertained is pretty sweet of him which he probably needed after he was being shat on previous episode. Knux had his share of really funny jokes but Eggman was still hilarious. The pacing of this episode was also fairly good, there’s good enough length for most of the scenes.

But yeah, this episode is another personal favorite of mine.

As for my current feeling for the show, I still like it a lot. It’s a very enjoyable show with plenty of nice jokes, character moments and some nice action scenes. Granted, the show does use the general formula of the plot in some episodes but the character interactions still make the episode plenty of fun. I didn’t expect this show to be the greatest cartoons of all time or something like that but I can’t deny that this show is still a whole bunch of fun and that’s fine by me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I think this show is good. There's a lot of creativity and I really like how this show handles the references, (as seen in LPMF). Some characters I really like, mostly Knuckles and Eggman, both get the best lines and moments. Sonic is still the king of making faces. And Tails is being adorable.

My only complaint is some of the episodes having rushed endings such as Aim Low, and some of the characterizations, such as Amy's sometimes bossy attitude, is not that right.

But either way, is a good show, and I'm looking forward to Late Fees, and the possibility of having a movie episode! ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

is there any actual proof that SC is canon to the show

Dunno... at least for me, yes.

3_zps23xj5vk6.jpg2_zpsgtvlrarj.jpg1_zps36syocks.jpg

In addition, the houses of the characters... nah, have nothing to do!

1_zps36syocks.jpg

ohh! 

if Sticks, Sonic and Eggman have their notebooks.. i wonder how would be Amy , Tails and Knuckles'  even if he can't read, he can pretend he knows....  :D heheh

I said outside of the toys.........I was quite positive that I said was there any proof that SC was canon to the show outside of that. I guess you have Sonic's shack, Amy's house, Sticks' burrow and Tails' workshop but that's because Sanzaru asked for some help from the TV people for the development of the game so there's that. To be honest, there's no point to it anyway. For all we could know, both games are uncanon to the show.

ohh! 

if Sticks, Sonic and Eggman have their notebooks.. i wonder how would be Amy , Tails and Knuckles'  even if he can't read, he can pretend he knows....   :D heheh

Now that you mentioned it, there is also "biographies" of Knux and Tails but not for Amy surprisingly. Guess she's too busy taking selfies.....

*2:47
  • Thumbs Up 1

But since Shattered Crystal is self-contained and nothing really suggest anything that made it canon to the show which is something even Rise of Lyric had but outside of the toys that references some stuff from the show, is there any actual proof that SC is canon to the show. 

but leaving the story of the games behind.., i think the concepts of houses, objects, cities and extra characters are actually the same and created by the same people isn't it? so those are canon anyway...

and if Knux has or not a house... i think it depends of who said it first and where does he or she works at the TV show series if this person its important on the main concepts or its just a writer who forgot Knuckles had a house at Shattered Crystal.., so we can know how valid its his or her "headcanon" ...

or maybe this concept for the series that Knuckles not having a house was created before this apeared at SC..  dunno..

i agree some facts from both games doesn't have anything to do with the TVshow  but hey.. the houses, the city,  the objects.. the mayor appears on the TV show, the town,  few things though but anyway...

:)

ohh.. why Sonic's bio has those two guys.. one meditating and one with rage? O_O...

i see also there is no Shadow's bio and also not Eggman's bio . maybe because they are not playable on this game..

The items and locations look similar is because Sanzaru had contacted the people working on the cartoon and asked if they can use some of their concept art for Shattered Crystal as well. Even if Knux had a place at Scrapyard, it always felt like a temporary home anyway I mean I doubt Knux would live in a cave for a long time and maybe just for a while until Amy comes back, I guess but whatever.

It's probably a symbolic thing with the calm side saying that Sonic is awesome in mantra kind of way while the angry side was more like you can't deny Sonic's awesome or I'll beat you to a pulp kind of thing. Doesn't mean a whole lot anyway just simple imagery that probably has no meaning to it.

Considering that Shadow just has much screentime in Shattered Crystal than he does in Rise of Lyric but still comes off as more developed somehow and Eggman having only one line of dialogue and doesn't make an actual physical appearance. I didn't expect a bio for Eggman and especially Shadow, he doesn't come off as a guy who's willing to talk about himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

The items and locations look similar is because Sanzaru had contacted the people working on the cartoon and asked if they can use some of their concept art for Shattered Crystal as well. Even if Knux had a place at Scrapyard, it always felt like a temporary home anyway I mean I doubt Knux would live in a cave for a long time and maybe just for a while until Amy comes back, I guess but whatever.

It's probably a symbolic thing with the calm side saying that Sonic is awesome in mantra kind of way while the angry side was more like you can't deny Sonic's awesome or I'll beat you to a pulp kind of thing. Doesn't mean a whole lot anyway just simple imagery that probably has no meaning to it.

ohh well.. i like he at has a place to at least save his personal stuff..or something and he doesn't use it too much..

i mean that works nice for me  ^_^

hehe well they should had used Sonic's notebook with the Sonic logo.. looks more iconic

There's two words that can describe why France is ahead of the US in episodes.

Winter. Hiatus.

And there's 3 words that can describe CN's excuse for the Hiatus and airing half a new episode a week.  

Cheap and Lazy!

There is a movie episode.

Now when they say movie episode, do they mean an actual tv movie length episode, or an episode about Sonic and the gang making a movie?

• Shadow being in an episode would be an important thing to SEGA and thus they’d announce it in their own way. Therefore, writers and others working on the show can neither confirm nor deny his presence in the cartoon. So don’t pester them about it, they won’t answer.

Hmm strange thing is he has said this before somewhere, does this mean that this will possibly happen?

@SpongicX: Now that you mentioned it, I'm hoping it's like a Tv special, like how the Regular Show had one.(I think).

Wait a minute-

There's Cabin Fever, in which Sonic and gang find Amy's fan fiction play. I'm wondering if they are going to act it out later in the episode, (although that's unlikely.)

@Neo_Fire_Sonic: We can't say for sure. 

I remember mentions of an episode dealing with parallel universes, like the Boom cast meeting the games!cast... am I imagining things ?

And there's 3 words that can describe CN's excuse for the Hiatus and airing half a new episode a week.  

Cheap and Lazy!

Airing half a new episode a week has nothing to do with why the US is behind France by 6 or so episodes. And that is only because of the winter hiatus, which went for 6 weeks. Do I agree with the hiatus? No. It is kind of silly. Unfortnately it isn't just CN that does this either. But we had a winter haitus with Boom episodes and that's why. They do this to stretch a season out as long as possible and get maximum potential at ratings. Not sure where they got this idea from but whatever.

I remember mentions of an episode dealing with parallel universes, like the Boom cast meeting the games!cast... am I imagining things ?

Kind of.

There's an episode to do with alternate dimensions and a bit of the dialogue can be heard in this video. (6:48)

But it was only ever speculation (and pretty silly speculation at that) that it would be a crossover with the main series/games.

• Thumbs Up 1

"The world resets but not people's memories"

So basically they live in an infinite loop where they all remember prior days but each day starts off the same.

Sounds like a form of Hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

hehe why they did not say the days just pass normaly? but the episodes are randomly..and not by a chronological order.... i think its less complicated ..

Knuckles does not have a house. He lives in nature.

So Knuckles is pretty much a hobo. Here's an idea for a season 2 episode, that might work. They should make an episode where Sonic and the gang realize Knuckles doesn't have a home, and they decide to try and help find Knuckles a new home. That plot could work perfectly for the show's concept. Maybe the episode could start out with Sonic and the gang discussing some new touches they added to their houses. Knuckles could then get upset, which urges his friends to ask what's wrong. Knuckles could then reveal that hearing his friends talk about their homes, made him realize he doesn't have one. 

The majority of the episode could just be the team pitching in location ideas to start searching, which just ends up as one odd occurrence after another. Maybe Eggman could have been spying on them, and realize they're searching for a house for Knuckles. Eggman could then concoct a trap, that  tricks the gang into finding an ad for a house available. Right when the gang enters the house, to take a tour, they then get locked in, and find out it's a trap. Eggman  then activates a bunch of deadly gizmos.. The gang would then work together to break out of the trap. Either the episode could end with Sonic and friends working together to build Knuckles a house and surprise him, or they could end it with Knuckles being ok that he doesn't have a house. It could be a heartwarming ending where Knuckles realizes as long as he has nature and friends to hang out with, then he doesn't need a home. 

• Thumbs Up 8