Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

He's Sonic, It isn't often that he treats situations seriously. Plus he still felt like he had time even with 7 seconds to go. So it was a combination of him being cocky and his ego that got the better of him again.

Not to mention this was all over a book. He's been through worse situations...*cough*TheMeteor*cough* lol

Well I got this from the Sonic wiki, and I checked the references too. Only the Wilderness episode was there in one of them, so I asked a member about if the other three will really be aired.

EDIT: He said that they will air, and that the Zap2it site can be buggy. 

He's Sonic, It isn't often that he treats situations seriously. Plus he still felt like he had time even with 7 seconds to go. So it was a combination of him being cocky and his ego that got the better of him again.

Not to mention this was all over a book. He's been through worse situations...*cough*TheMeteor*cough* lol

That, and I like it that despite he had a task of his own to complete, he wasn't being a jerk to anyone who was getting in his way and any impatience that was growing was kept to a minimum. He was even a gentleman to Eggman with offering him his chili dog before getting him his own from another town.

Hey wait..Come to think of it, Perci does look like a shrew mmm.

Its perci, definitely.

even though i was hoping it was shadow

Once again, if it were going to be Shadow, it would've said it's Shadow.

And question. If we're going to assume it's Perci, then shouldn't Sonic and gang already be familiar with her and her knowing them going by RoL and therefore no reason to create some conflict between her and Sonic?

I know it's 52 episodes, but this would put it so we'd be getting new episodes late into the summer and most networks don't do that.  I assumed they'd stop after 26 and show the other 26 in the fall.

BTW, the new episode was "meh" a very funny beginning followed by the rest being mediocre (except Fastideos's moment).

Its perci, definitely.

even though i was hoping it was shadow

It's definitely not Perci.

Bill

Great episode; but... the selfie, They don't should've taken it on the other side? Backwards, if not is it absurd. :blink: Unless that Sonic wants an Amy's photo. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Bill.

The rival is/was most certainly someone the characters (or the audience for that matter) aren't going to know already. 

NEW EPISODES CONFIRMED:

• Into the Wilderness will air on May 9th 2015! 

It's a Boys VS Girls episode-ish!

• Eggman Unplugged will air on May 16th 2015!

Looks like the Lightning Bolt Society's coming back! Looking forward to that!

• Chez Amy will be airing on 23rd May 2015!

Finally we get an episode focusing on Amy! And Dave the Intern is coming back too!

• Blue With Envy will air on 30th May 2015!

Another episode we were talking about and here it is! Wait a minute. The rival is a Shrew?

Man, I really wish CN would air 2 new episodes like they're supposed to, it's a shame to have so many interesting sounding episodes, yet we have to wait a week apart, to see one, instead of a week apart to properly see 2, like the makers intended. I hope the Into The Wilderness episode is more like a friendly competition, instead of an immature cliche of the girls are better than boys, or boys are better than girls episode formula. Hopefully it will have an ending similar to the Pressure episode of Spongebob, where both competing sides set aside differences, and agree that no one is best at everything, but replace the word "no one" with "gender". I hope they settle it evenly, instead of one side getting humiliated, while the other side laughs and gloats. I have a feeling they will work together in the end, considering how Eggman usually interrupts every episode in some way, he's bound to get in the way of their jungle race. The gang will likely halt the competition, and work together to stop Eggman instead. 

I like the sound of Chez Amy. When I first heard of the episode last month, I heard the plot would turn into a big competition, so I wondered if the competition would be Meh Burger, since that's the only restaurant we see in the show. It also makes me wonder how Sonic and the gang will respond. Will they hurt Amy's feelings by eating at Meh Burger, instead of her cafe? Will they want to help Meh Burger regain it's reputation, by working with Dave to close Amy's restaurant? Or will they actually be supportive of her, and even volunteer to work with/for her? Judging by some screenshots that were shown on Tumblr, it at least looks like Knuckles will be helping Amy out, since there were a few cooking related images with Knuckles in it, including one where he has a bowl of cake frosting on his head. 

Thank you, Bill.

The rival is/was most certainly someone the characters (or the audience for that matter) aren't going to know already. 

I had a feeling it wouldn't be a character previously seen. I find it strange for people to suggest it might have been Perci. I think that character was already confirmed to not appear in any produced episodes, but she has a chance at showing up in a second season. She wouldn't be a good fit for Sonic's rival anyways. The only thing they have in common, is their sense of justice, and how they don't sit around to set things right. Perci is just a mechanic, and daughter of an inventor (who we never saw in Rise Of Lyric.) I don't see how a mechanic would be a threat to Sonic's reputation, plus, Perci was a friendly character to the gang. She was the only one on the island to care about stopping Lyric, instead of all the others who were more focused on the mayor election. If Perci would be anyone's rival, Tails would be a more likely fit. I could see Tails getting jealous of Perci's craftsmen ship. I'd see Tails and Perci getting along as friends though, instead of being rivals. They have quite a bit in common, and I was surprised the video game didn't dive further into that. (It probably would have, if the game wasn't rushed for release. I swear, if Sega were to hire a team to properly remake Rise of Lyric to it's original uncut state, I would be willing to buy it." I want to see all the scrapped features and events that were originally mentioned about, such as the air plane level, and the actual story of how the gang met Sticks in the wild. Sticks had such an interesting sounding encounter with the gang, yet they scrapped that, and just made her into a quest npc character...)

That's exactly why I thought nobody should've thought it was going to be Perci. If whatever little interactions the gang had with her in RoL would suggest, is that it's in no way antagonistic nor competitive of who bears the status of being 'the hero.' The actual rival is probably going to be some 'nice guy to everyone' cliche but is really being like that so he gets attention. But when fails to do anything when a real crisis arises (like say Eggman doing his 'attacking the village' sthick, Sonic comes in to prove his heroism and what being cool is really about.

I find it strange for people to suggest it might have been Perci. I think that character was already confirmed to not appear in any produced episodes, but she has a chance at showing up in a second season.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually enjoyed that episode. It was somewhat of a 'Day in the Life' kind of episode and it was funny again to see the interaction between Sonic and Eggman when they aren't battling. Also, is this the most we have seen Sonic run in any episode so far?

I enjoyed this week's episode, lots of great Sonic moments ^_^ The thing with Sonic Boom is that even if an episode isn't downright hilarious, it's still really cute and equally enjoyable in a different kind of way :) aside from Buster I've enjoyed every episode so far and still loving it. I would love to see another episode like the pilot but I realise that probably won't happen, since the pilot feels like it's in a different league to all the episodes that followed it. Nevertheless, bring on the remaining 28 episodes :P

This episode was okay for me! Here are some highlights:

• Random explosions. Random explosions everywhere! XD

tumblr_nnqce62XbQ1sr2zj6o3_500.gif

• Everyone's wearing communicators now! Amy's wearing the one from SB Issue 7.
  • Sonic is the King of making faces. Most of them are " I am not amused" looks, but this IMO:

tumblr_nnqckyBuF81t0fp6po1_500.png

This looked kinda cute. ^_^

• LOL Knuckles, reading the book while the others are looking for it! But the pictures!
  • It was annoying to see the Gogoba cheif guit tripping Sonic again!  :angry:
  • Thumbs Up 2

“Anti-matter or self-generating?” The way he so casually says that…

“I feel glorious too! No wait, that’s nauseous…”

I did like the running (no pun intended) gag of everything exploding after Sonic left.

Return of the guilt trippers! :D

“…it was middle school. <__< And those girls were VICIOUS!”

And apparently Eggman now freaks out at the mention of chili dogs… I wouldn’t mind if this gag came back somehow…

• Thumbs Up 1

actually this epizzzode reminded me the fable of "the tortoise and the hare" :D

i liked it so much.. specially Sonic dealing with the elderly..

and .. it surprised me how good it ended..

Time for little ol’ me to start paying my debt of late fees with an episode review. In hindsight, I never did return those books….oh boy….

After hearing the description for this episode, I thought Amy was going to have a big part in it but I was surprised it was just a Sonic-centric episode though wasn’t disappointed since there weren’t that many solo Sonic-focused episodes as far as I recall outside of Sole Power.

Seeing Sonic being overconfident that he’ll hand the book on time is rather in-character of him since he is pretty confident in his abilities, which would cause such a flaw. Another nice touch the show has is the dangerously silly things Sonic and Knux do, it’s another type of bromance that is also well-appreciated. Seeing many explosions during that flashback made me thought Michael Bay had some sort of involvement but that would be stupid, Boom is actually fun while most of Bay’s works aren’t.

The many crazy antics were certainly something, whether it was Fastidious’ indecisiveness, Old Man Monkey’s soda fetish, Eggman’s childish hissy fit over not getting a chili dog or the Chief Gogoba’s typical guilt-tripping nonsense. Yet despite all that, he still made it on time which shows that Sonic does keep his word so all’s well that ends well!

Another pretty good episode and looking forward to the next episode!

• Thumbs Up 3

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!

tumblr_nnxn8qk55h1u32s2mo1_1280.jpgtumblr_nnxn8qk55h1u32s2mo2_1280.jpgtumblr_nnxn8qk55h1u32s2mo3_1280.jpgtumblr_nnxn8qk55h1u32s2mo4_1280.jpg

EDIT: MOAR SPOILERS

tumblr_nnxndvvFeJ1u32s2mo1_1280.jpgtumblr_nnxndvvFeJ1u32s2mo2_1280.jpgtumblr_nnxndvvFeJ1u32s2mo3_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm going to assume the ones with Knuckles are from the episode where he runs for mayor.

warning Sonamy fangirling on! :lol:

awww! Amy has a cute little flower on her ear! eheh

you know.. i think its adorable how at this universe Amy keeps in secret her crush on Sonic..

• Thumbs Up 1