Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I don't even know why people are framing this as a boys vs girls plot. Yeah, the teams ended up being two boys vs two girls, but unless I missed something it was completely coincidental to everything in the episode. The genders of the characters were never relevant; it was all about Sticks' actual skill vs Sonic's overconfidence, and Amy's willingness to learn vs Knuckles' disinterest in learning.

• Thumbs Up 6

I just caught the last few seconds of the promo. It's airing on Boomerang UK on the 1st of June

Wow, sooner than I expected! This is great news, kinda odd it's on Boomerang and not CN but oh well.

As I said in the statuses, it's likely for the best, as on CN UK, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball take up most of the times on CN UK. On Boomerang, Sonic Boom will likely get more time slots plus might have the chance of getting late night time slots as well for the people who's looking for something good to watch at night,

I've now seen the full promo. It's basically the promo they released back when the show aired on CN US:

Even better, the Boomerang promo more or less confirms it'll definitely have more air times than CN US. They've cut out the ''start your morning with a Sonic Boom'' bit which likely means it'll have many more time slots in the UK!

This was the promo they used by the way. Basically, just cut out the beginning ''Start your morning off with a Sonic Boom'' bit and imagine a Boomerang bit at the very end rather than Cartoon Network.

Glad to hear you guys don't have to wait until fall! I hope you enjoy the show as much as we do (that is, if you don't just use YouTube).

Awesome.

I watch Boomerang more than CN anyway. Wonder if it'll be the usual UK rotation of evening-morning-afternoon, next episode, repeat.

Well that explains why the toys suddenly got released over here.

Whatever the case, I shall keep an eye out after next week to see if I can get some information on Slots and episodes airing.

A comment I posted on TSS...

Does anyone else find it shocking how the only way we know about this is because a fan was randomly watching the TV and it suddenly came on the air?

No official announcement from either Sega or Boomerang, just randomly put the advert out there? 

Same with the toys for that matter, they just randomly came out, no announcement.

At this stage, I don't find any of SEGA inept antics to be shocking.

Meh, It was the same with it airing in the other regions. Boom must be doing pretty damn well even at it's current time slot in the US for Sega and CN to push up the time scale and air it before it was planned in the UK.

Meh, It was the same with it airing in the other regions. Boom must be doing pretty damn well even at it's current time slot in the US for Sega and CN to push up the time scale and air it before it was planned in the UK.

If so, this is just another example of the show's overwhelming popularity.

Now all they need to do is start airing it daily again...

Just caught the ad on an ad break 15 mins ago. Man, I am sooooooo happy! Also the Boomerang logo being in the upper right corner hopefully interferes less with the character placement on screen than the USA CN logo being in the botton right corner.

On another note, I should also mention that it's very rare for cartoons over here to be aired in 15 minute segments on Cartoon Network and Boomerang UK which likely means all episodes will be two 15 minute segments.

• Thumbs Up 1

The lack of fanfare with the cartoon is really depressing. It deserves more than this.

• Thumbs Up 2

The lack of fanfare with the cartoon is really depressing. It deserves more than this.

It's not just that though.

The toys came out in the UK about a week or two ago, there's a pretty decent selection too, however nobody has announced that they're available yet. 

Yay for Boom finally coming to the UK.

And concerning the plot, I guess it's because people are getting so sick of positive discrimination plots or just ones where the girls are always designated as right. That and the aforementioned issues of making Sonic into a jerk and Knuckles into a retard to make it work.

I will admit it's kinda minor and isolated a case here. The only of those things that tends the overwhelm the show as a whole is Knuckles being a retard. Otherwise it was just how the sanity ball was handed for this one episode. Generally for one character to get their moment another has to act like a idiot. One of Boom's plus points is that they at least rotate the roles rather using the same hierarchy over and over (except poor Knuckles).

Seriously you don't like Sonic being an asswipe that's emasculated by a more competent girl, there's multiple other western medias you should stay clear of.

Do you think you guys think in the UK will probably start with the first two episodes and then random ones after? Because that's what happened in Australia.

I don't even know why people are framing this as a boys vs girls plot. Yeah, the teams ended up being two boys vs two girls, but unless I missed something it was completely coincidental to everything in the episode. The genders of the characters were never relevant; it was all about Sticks' actual skill vs Sonic's overconfidence, and Amy's willingness to learn vs Knuckles' disinterest in learning.

Exactly! I felt like I was the only one who noticed that, but luckily, I'm not alone. 

A comment I posted on TSS...

Does anyone else find it shocking how the only way we know about this is because a fan was randomly watching the TV and it suddenly came on the air?

No official announcement from either Sega or Boomerang, just randomly put the advert out there? 

Same with the toys for that matter, they just randomly came out, no announcement.

SEGA's been doing that lately. Runners unceremoniously popped up on Google Play with no announcement. Why do you think this is the case?

Maybe because Runners was a soft release and was only released in two places?

Hype admittedly tends to be Sonic's worst enemy. See the Sonic cycle.

Maybe they just figured the quieter and more modest the release, perhaps the less likely fans will get disappointed by it.

That or yunno, what marketing cares about our teeny little island compared to US and Japan? :P

Hype admittedly tends to be Sonic's worst enemy. See the Sonic cycle.

Maybe they just figured the quieter and more modest the release, perhaps the less likely fans will get disappointed by it.

That or yunno, what marketing cares about our teeny little island compared to US and Japan? :P

But how many people are actually hyped for Runners?  :unsure: They may be bit excited for it but they're not treating it like it's the next big thing.

But how many people are actually hyped for Runners?  :unsure: They may be bit excited for it but they're not treating it like it's the next big thing.

Where were you back in March?