Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

What did you all think of the new episode? I thought it was a funny one. It was nice to see some dialog from that Behind the scenes video.

Nothing like an old fashioned whipped cream prank turning into much more. lol

That Boomerang UK commercial looks stretched. Meaning it's SD right? If Boomerang UK doesn't have a HD channel, the Brits will be watching Boom in SD.

I sure hope not. As I have gone through a recent SD-to-HD switch, I have to say Boom looks pretty good in HD.

I sure hope not. As I have gone through a recent SD-to-HD switch, I have to say Boom looks pretty good in HD.

It will be in SD if you don't have a HD channel of Boomerang. And by looking at wiki, you don't have a HD channel.

It will be in SD if you don't have a HD channel of Boomerang. And by looking at wiki, you don't have a HD channel.

I saw today's episode, I think that this was definitely more enjoyable than last week's episode. Seeing Eggman try to deal with Sonic without the use of his tech is quite a funny sight to behold and seeing the Lightning Dolt Bolt Society taking over Eggman's base and tech was quite nice. :) (I couldn't wait for what antics they were going to get into.) I chuckled at how they were just messing around like a bunch of kids and not knowing which button does what and it just ended up causing mayhem across the island. I guess they're a lot more dangerous when they have no idea how to properly handle certain tech. It was also really neat that we actually got to see the dialogue in action from the Behind the Scenes video. The pranking on both Knuckles and Eggman with the whipped cream made me smile.

I apparently got the same glitch that happened with everyone else did because just a few minutes before it aired, the info for the show was a rerun to "Sidekicks" but as soon I watched the actual was suddenly changed to the new episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike Pollock is usually never wrong, dolts. If he says there's gonna be a new episode, there WILL be a new episode.

Yet he posted a screencap from Sole Power yet what we got instead was How to Succeed in Evil without Even Trying.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad I woke up, just to be safe, so I didn't miss the new episode. I liked today's episode. Some are going to disagree with me for sure, but I honestly liked Into The Wilderness a lot more. That episode was funnier to me, than this week's episode. This week's episode had some good moments, but it didn't feel like anything special, other than having the most continuity out of any episode so far.

I liked how the characters felt in character this time. I thought it seemed likely for the gang to want to pull a friendly prank on Knuckles, but have Amy stand aside, because she thought it was immature. She's also the one who acts the most caring towards the group, so it made sense to see her not want to tease Knuckles for no reason. I liked how the gang finally caught Eggman spying on them, and acted like they didn't notice, in order to trick Eggman, and foil his plan. I just liked how Amy spotted the fly spy bot, and how she gave Sonic gestures to notice it was there. The looks on Sonic and Amy's faces just said everything. You could tell Amy was thinking "Oh boy, haha, look Sonic, it's another one of Eggman's spying robots, this should be good..." Then Sonic had a face that spelled something like "Alright, someone worth pranking, follow my lead." The way they tricked Eggman into thinking they were heading towards an area that's below a rock that seems like it would fall on them was a good way to trick Eggman into thinking he has the upper hand.

I do find it rushed, how quickly Eggman thought technology couldn't be trusted, just because of one harmless prank on Eggman. It's not like Eggman got severely injured, or scarred for life. It just felt strange for Etggman to quickly give up using resources he's known to love, just because of Sticks's rambling on how she knew technology couldn't be trusted, and then he just suddenly believes she's right? It would have made more sense for Eggman to say "that's rubbish"  and then have a montage of Eggman's technology backfiring on him, due to Sonic and friends finding ways to have the machines used against Eggman. Then it would have made more sense to see Eggman give up on the technology.  

I was also hoping they would be more humorous on how Eggman was handling things without technology. I'll admit, him being clueless on what a bowl and spoon is, was kind of funny. He's so used to technology, that he's totally lost when it comes to traditional tools (just like today's youth, am I right?) It would have been nice to see him actually trying to attack Sonic and friends without technology, only to keep losing in humiliating ways, instead, we just see Eggman showing off a bunch of useless junk, that he doesn't even attempt using for attacking. It would have been funnier to see Eggman pulling off sad attempts to attack Sonic and friends, like trying to ram them with a bike, trying to pounce on them with a pogo stick, only to keep falling over, etc. I liked how Eggman didn't shut off Orbot and Cubot when he gave up on technology, but it still didn't make much sense. Eggman was breaking his own no technology rules, by still using them for his labor.

This episode did have a great amount of continuity though, we saw Eggman's fly spy bot, The Lighting Bolt Society, Chief Gogoba, and even Cowbot rebuilt (then destroyed again, lol.)  The Lighting Bolt Society were interesting to see again, especially since they were actually being evil in this episode, instead of struggling hard to look evil. Although they were clueless at first, when taking over Eggman's lair, it was interesting to see how they actually figured out how things worked in there, to the point where they were monitoring the lair for intruders, and ready to fire a laser at any intruders. I liked how for once, Sonic didn't give in to the Chief Gogoba's attempt at guilt tripping. It was funny to see Chief Gogoba's foot stuck under a rock. Sonic just asks if he's ok, then right as the chief starts trying to guilt trip him, we just see Sonic take off. Smart choice Sonic, smart choice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman believing Sticks is right makes sense considering he seems to have a bit of Sticks' paranoid side. Unlucky Knuckles was an example of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, when Orbot and Cubot were shut off later, Eggman actually seemed to miss having them around for a moment (at least, if only to berate them for their stupidity and be a general jerk to them), and it's what drove him to kick the no-technology lifestyle to the curb.

Plus, who would pull the Eggmobile?

There seemed to be some uncertainty as to if a new episode was going to air today; I'm glad that I woke up early anyway this morning to catch this one as it was not only new, but it was good as well. "Eggman Unplugged": much better compared to "Into the Wilderness"! I think was the first time that any of my posts in this topic was mostly negative.  I can definitely say that is not the case with episode 26 as it had me laughing quite a bit and it was nice to see references and Dr. Eggman's inventions such at OctopusBot and CowBot from previous episodes in this one with Dr. Eggman's efforts to live without technology and the results that stemmed from that which were hilarious. 

Observations/highlights of Episode 26 on my end are as follows:

X21oDuq.jpg?2
This is just plain wrong! Why can't they let Knuckles sleep in peace?! :( I would like to know how Tails' idea would work though :P

j5iPKrg.jpg?1
Sonic is so silly :P And nice beard, Knuckles! :D I was wondering when the whole "whipped cream filling" was going to appear in the show after we had seen it in the "Behind the Scenes" of the Sonic Boom cartoon :)

X3amJ2b.png?1
Cubot really wanted that prank to work with Orbot, so it took it into his own hands! :P

Bf8fiDU.png?1
The gang said they wanted to prank someone else...And Dr. Eggman was it! Not a good reason to give up technology though :P

LFRMKDA.jpg?2
Sonic, Amy, Sticks, Tails and Knuckles all share a laugh together after pranking Dr. Eggman :)

d3jGwWV.jpg?2
Dr. Eggman has Orbot and Cubot transporting him around like he did with Sonic in Episode 22! :P

Pxln82d.jpg?2
The Lightning Dolts, I mean Bolts Society is back! ;)

6dTRKlA.jpg?2
Dr. Eggman doing household chores again...Only this time it is him doing laundry and doing it the hard way!

2R0W79u.jpg?1
The Chief Gogoba picked the wrong time to try to guilt-trip Sonic! The one time Sonic should of helped the Chief Gogoba, he doesn't lol. I'll give Sonic some credit for initially asking if he was okay and apologizing when he stepped on the boulder. 

a7oxSFX.jpg?2
I love these little pow-wows the friends and foes have together at times! :D

Again "Egmman Unplugged" was a good one with the pranks, Dr. Eggman trying to live his life sans technology and the Lightning Bolts society wrecking some serious havok with the hilarity that ensued. At this point we are halfway through the 52 episodes! 26 episodes in and I am very pleased with what I have seen in the cartoon so far and I have been enjoying it a ton as well. That said, I'm so looking forward to the next new episode-whenever that will be! 
  • Thumbs Up 8

My thoughts on this episode are eh. Eggman just doesn't impress me. Like, he has all these powerful weapons, but it's like... Why does he never even use them? Also, that tribal dude that Sonic and Tails rescued is easily turning into one of my most hated characters of the show.

Average episode. It didn't piss me off like the previous two.

It was strange finally seeing the "cream filling" line from Knuckles in action. So much for people's prediction that it was a line from the alt. universe episode.

Well at least we finally have context for Knuckles’ delicious cream filling…

“Is this a battle or a craft fair?”

Hahaha! …wasn’t that one of the clips from Sonic Boom 2014?

“He let Cowbot out!” *BOOM!*

I think this episode is all the proof we need that the continuity doesn’t “reset” as thought and re-used models aren’t just reused models. Sonic knows of the Lightning Bolts, Cow-Bot is remembered, etc.

It also seems that while he is cold towards Orbot and Cubot, Eggman does in fact have some level of compassion towards them. I guess it’s a sort of reverse Stockholm Syndrome where while their primary function is to do labor for him, he has gained a sense of attachment. Not too surprising… they would technically count as sons, wouldn’t they?

I think this episode is all the proof we need that the continuity doesn’t “reset” as thought and re-used models aren’t just reused models. Sonic knows of the Lightning Bolts, Cow-Bot is remembered, etc.

I think this was already confirmed like a page or 2 back by a twitter post.

Right, I watched it once, and I was going to watch it again, only to not find the video.

I'll give in what I remembered:

• Another episode which has dialogue we have heard before.
  • LOL Knuckles has a whipped cream beard. 
  • DAT FACE

tumblr_nogjwkxH8h1sl0260o1_500.png

• The Lighning Bolt Society was fine... LOLZERZ to the invasions they did plus humor. Although there should've been a wee bit more reaction between them and Team Sonic...
  • Where did Eggman get the butter from?!

That's all, Looking forward to Chez Amy!

• Thumbs Up 1

i liked it... :)

though..

why the guys didn't accept Eggman's butter? he cooks so well and plus he helped them :lol:

how ungrateful they were :D haha

i liked how Eggman cares abou Orbot an Cubot..though he seems to not like to admi it .. ^_^ how cute!

I was on tumblr and I found some Blue with Envy Spoilers! Brace yourself!

Soo it turns out that there is a

site that shows Chez Amy and the Blue with Envy episode. However, you need to have the Hola software for this. I just tried it, it does not work.

With that aside, the spoilers:

• Remember the BWE plot had a Shrew or something that would be Sonic's rival or something?

This is the shrew it's talking about:

tumblr_inline_noizsnGDdK1t8bnar_500.png

I find it funny that the episode name is a reference to the phrase 'Green with envy', and the Shrew is Green soo...

tumblr_inline_noizwtRDaH1t8bnar_500.png

According to the tumblr post, it looks like Amy dropped her burger and the shrew gets it and feeds it to her.

tumblr_inline_noizyh0MAd1t8bnar_500.png

And then there's Mr.Jealous:

tumblr_inline_noj00kWcnq1t8bnar_500.png

tumblr_inline_noj01qJcc91t8bnar_500.png

tumblr_inline_noj02pFPLR1t8bnar_500.png

I'm chuckling at this. XD

tumblr_inline_nok1b0qhWP1t8bnar_500.png

poor Sonic.

OKAY THERE'S MORE BUT I'M NOT GONNA SAY IT AS IT WOULD KILL THE EPISODE AND WE WILL KNOW TOO MUCH.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, they also mention that their listings only show reruns, not the new episode.

If there were any time for a hiatus, it would be now at 26 episodes.

Just warning y'all.

I got accessed to those episodes. That shrew guy is so uncool compared to Sonic.

And it was weird that Sticks also fell for him.