Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I wonder how long before we get a best quality edition of "Closed Door Policy."

Either 1 of these 3 options has to happen:

1) Cartoon Network UK during the summer period starts airing the repeats of Sonic Boom (since CN UK does have a HD channel)

2) Australia to get Sonic Boom in the summer (but then we need someone in that country to record and encode)

3) Wait until Cartoon Network US airs the episode. Which will be a long time.

America kinda got 26 episodes before the UK. Is it really that bad if the UK gets 1 or 2 before the USA? They all end up on YouTube anyway, just unfortunately any recordings from the UK cannot be in HD.

By the way, CN in the UK is also awful and we wait months and months for new stuff which already has an English version already finished and waiting to be aired. We only got Over the Garden Wall a few weeks ago and new series of anything takes an age to air here.

I wouldn't mind it as much but I'm kind of sick of everyone going on about how terrible Cartoon Network US is and how it's completely unfair that we get 1 or 2 episodes before the USA. 

Trust me, you guys seriously don't have it as bad as you make it on to be. In fact. Here's my opinion on Cartoon Network UK just so you can see how bad it is.

Cartoon Network UK's bullshit has been annoying me lately.

You see, Cartoon Network seems to treat the UK like shit. What do I mean by this? Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Teen Titans Go, and Clarence all seems to be one entire year behind other countries. In fact, I'm pretty sure by the time Fionna and Cake was out for Adventure Time, CN UK was still waiting for Season 2 to come on. The reruns are also annoying because CN UK always seem to rerun only the first season of a series (Or the first and second in some cases like Adventure Time) so if you've missed a bunch of episodes for any reason, well, you are fucked. It's for this reason in fact that I can't get into Steven Universe because of CN's bullshit. I've heard the only exception is Gumball which has caught up a bit with the US.

Cartoon Network UK is also infamous for being completely terrible when it comes to release dates for their shows. Sonic Boom being the absolute best example because of Cartoon Network's stupid bullshit, it's up in the air exactly when and if it's going to air in the UK. The UK will be one of the last, if not the very last to receive Sonic Boom, but the games still released back in November 2014. The series isn't airing until Late 2015. That's right, as if CN and Sega couldn't fuck up the Boom series anymore, they decided to have the only pieces of Boom related things in the UK (Which might I add has one of the biggest Sonic fanbases) the two games. One being absolutely awful, the other being meh.

As much as I hate Teen Titans Go, that's another example of how terrible CN UK is as well. That took a full year to make it's premiere in the UK. In contrast, both Nick and Disney only take a small amount of time to air their new shows and episodes. For example, when TMNT 2012 was coming, it aired in the UK 2 weeks after the US air date. As for new episodes,  using the recent example. Season 3 episodes began in the US in September and had a shit ton of breaks. The UK got the episodes in January in which case, Nick UK aired them all consistently every week and got TMNT 2012 so caught up that it was only one episode behind the US.

Also, if you really loved CN's old shows then you are shit out of luck in the UK because Cartoon Network are also extremely terrible when it comes to DVD Releases. At present, the only show getting any type of DVD release from Cartoon Network at the minute is Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gumball and even then it's only the first season for most. The rest, is seeing no DVD release at all. The older CN shows have also not gotten any DVD releases or CN were too lazy to actually finishing releasing them. For example, years ago, in 2009, they began releasing Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on DVD and released Volume 1 which contained the first 5 episodes (House of Bloo Parts 1-3, The Trouble with Scribbles, and Mall Wars). It got no other releases after that.

The only other shows to my knowledge that got any type of DVD releases was Powerpuff Girls and Ed Edd N Eddy, and Ben 10. The Ed Edd N Eddy DVDs especially were a mess. There was two volumes released and basically it was random 15 minute episodes thrown together onto a DVD and that was it. 

In conclusion, Cartoon Network UK are terrible in almost every single aspect.

In fact, Sonic Boom is one of the extremely few times where Cartoon Network UK managed to handle OK-ish, and gave it proper advertising on Boomerang and decent air times, but still, people are complaining that we get one or two episodes earlier than them. It's just annoying tbh. The one time we actually get episodes early for a change, everyone complains, but when it's the US who gets the early episodes, no one has an issue with it.

I found Subbed English versions of the aired French episodes on Youtube.

Episode 27: Chez Amy

Episode 28: Blue With Envy

Episode 31: Mayor Knuckles

Episode 32: Closed Door Policy/Hoarding the Horde

Episode 33: Eggman At The Movies

Episode 34: A Normal Guy

• Thumbs Up 2

I found Subbed English versions of the aired French episodes on Youtube.

I'm gonna watch these episodes. I don't speak French, but I watched the French dub of season 3 of Sonic X with Italian subs back in the day, and these voice actors are actually nostalgic to me. Thanks a bunch, mate.

I'm gonna watch these episodes. I don't speak French, but I watched the French dub of season 3 of Sonic X with Italian subs back in the day, and these voice actors are actually nostalgic to me. Thanks a bunch, mate.

No problem. I shall also keep an eye out if I can find a better quality version of Closed Door Policy on Youtube.

Reminder: The english version of Blue With Envy will air this Tuesday in the UK.

Is Tails holding one of the Chaos Crystals?! 

(Hoarding the Hoard thumbnail)

Is Tails holding one of the Chaos Crystals?! 

(Hoarding the Hoard thumbnail)

No. It's just a large crystal he wants to use as a refractor for some invention. Also, it looks nothing like a chaos emerald.

Also, it looks nothing like a chaos emerald.

Neither do the Chaos Crystals, but they still have that name. :/

No. It's just a large crystal he wants to use as a refractor for some invention. Also, it looks nothing like a chaos emerald.

Star Wars' script started being written in 1974.

What? So long as we're adding commentary irrelevant to the original question :V

Christ, I like how episode 32 basically lampshades everything I hate about Boom Amy by having Sonic point out how she has to control everything. And you know, there's something incredibly wrong about Sonic telling Tails to stop licking his boots. Twice. Or when the very concept of Eggmanland is just a fucking joke now. Or when Tails states that they need Sonic to save the day (Why don't you fucking do it yourself?). Or when Knuckles cramming carrots in his ears is apparently funny. Or...

You know what? I'm done. I'm done now. Fuck Sonic Boom. I gave it chances. I gave it all the chances. I was optimistic at first. I thought the show would get better. But no, fuck this show.

I know how i'm always talking about sonic boom shadow but i remembered something, that scene when shadow said "why don't you come here and face me" ... where exactly does that scene play? in the games? the show?

It's from Shattered Crystal after he's freed from Lyric's mind control thingy and states that to Lyric himself via hologram.

Neither do the Chaos Crystals, but they still have that name. :/

My bad. I read Chaos Crystals as Chaos Emeralds. 

After seeing A Normal Guy, I have a Sticks' Crazy Theories to share! "Did you just call my theories crazy? Grrrrr!"

Sonic went too far out of his safe place to the point he reached a human self of him (Sonic Man, hehehe!), so what if everything in the Boom universe isn't real? If it was all in the head of some supposively normal guy? It was all for a joke, but it could make some sort of sense. The man has too much imagination that he made a world he lives in constantly. He made himself a hedgehog, made some friends all with their own personalities, and made a villain to stop him. But Sticks is there to remind Sonic that nothing is real or can be trusted, which Sonic ignores to keep living in this world. He hardly goes to his normal world, which is why we see his hedgehog self always having adventures.

So judging by where the French version of Boom is right now we'll likely know the plot synopsis summaries of all 52 episodes by late August-early September. I think it'll be around that same point that new episodes will premiere again in the US.

Mostly speculation but yeah, kind of interesting.

Happy to report it appears Boom did good in it's first week on Boomerang as it's gotten a brand new extra time slot, which means a extra episode is going to be aired every week day. Which means 1 brand new episode, and 2 random repeats per day.

Basically during the first week, there was only one episode on at 4:00pm to 4:15pm, but now it's gotten a extra time slot which means two episodes will be aired back to back every weekday on Boomerang between 4:00pm and 4:30pm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news! My friend is currently uploading the episode to YouTube before he goes out to work.

In a couple of hours, you'll get to see Closed Door Policy in high quality. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT:

VIDEO IS HERE!

Also UK episode 9 out of 14 will be Translate This.

• Thumbs Up 9

Okay, I thought that was a pretty good episode, especially after the Froglodites showed up. I'm surprised that Orbot and Cubot didn't appear here, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Reminder: Blue With Envy airs tomorrow in the UK.

Good news! My friend is currently uploading the episode to YouTube before he goes out to work.

In a couple of hours, you'll get to see Closed Door Policy in high quality. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT:

VIDEO IS HERE!

Also UK episode 9 out of 14 will be Translate This.

Dude your friend beyond rocks, tell him thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude your friend beyond rocks, tell him thanks!

Don't worry I'll tell him. =) Also I told him to record Tuesday's episode so we get to also see Blue with Envy.

UK episode 10 out of 14 is Buster.

EDIT: UK episode 11 out of 14 is Eggheads.

Well. That was an episode I really didn't like. 

How about I put it this way.

The guy is named Swifty and he basically talks like a old man trying to sound hip. Using all the things you'd expect the 80's Ninja Turtles to say. But somehow, this causes everyone to love him, and Amy and even fucking Sticks swoons for him. What did he do to impress them? Amy drops a burger...and he catches it. Oh wowwwww.

The episode tries it's hardest to make Sonic look like an uncool idiot who keeps screwing up, while Swifty is something right out of the 80s extreme era. Skateboard and everything (Oh, by the way, Swifty being as fast as Sonic is bullshit, he just rides a rocket skateboard but somehow, everyone still thinks he's faster than Sonic.)

The one good part of the episode finally comes when Tails, Amy, Sticks, and Knuckles get pissed off after Swifty insults Sonic and more or less tells him he's an asshole and to get out. But just as I think the episode is going to pick up, the townspeople comes in, and they make the episode just fall flat on it's ass. They seriously gives the Modern Bikini Bottom citizens a run for their money in the asshole department.

They treat Swifty who only arrived one day ago as some kind of idol while Sonic I.E: the person who saved all of them countless times, is treated like shit. They then banish him without regret when Swifty clearly cheats in the race, and then the second Eggman attacks them and reveals Swifty was a army of robots he created, suddenly they all expect Sonic to come back and save their useless asses. Then we get one of the few good moments as Sonic keeps trying to sneak back into the town, only to be stopped by two cops.

Then despite the fact the town's being destroyed, the mayor still acts like an asshole until Amy screams at him to unbanish Sonic. And even after Sonic saves all of them, they more or less barely show any thanks for it.

This episode is quite frankly one of the worst so far, up there with Buster and Into the Wilderness.