Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

It's his longer legs that are probably doing that for you. It looks like he is bending down to tie his shoes while his legs are so long it's difficult to make the illusion they created before where his legs were short enough to fool you into accepting his awkward running position. But because his legs are longer, to make his pose less awkward, they'd probably have to increase the size of his body (or shrink his legs.) And because these environments are going to be more cramped, action scenes may not look at fast because they can't run through them that fast.

Sonic's running position was always sort of diagonal but this looks like a WAAAAAAAAAA-luigi L.

It's a whole lot of things that break your illusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's his longer legs that are probably doing that for you. It looks like he is bending down to tie his shoes while his legs are so long it's difficult to make the illusion they created before where his legs were short enough to fool you into accepting his awkward running position. But because his legs are longer, to make his pose less awkward, they'd probably have to increase the size of his body (or shrink his legs.) And because these environments are going to be more cramped, action scenes may not look at fast because they can't run through them that fast.

Sonic's running position was always sort of diagonal but this looks like a WAAAAAAAAAA-luigi L.

It's a whole lot of things that break your illusion.

We just need a comic of Sonic trying to tie his shoe wraps with his long legs getting in the way somehow and use that as an argument to not like the long legs.

http://www.wallyontheweb.com/news/#sonic

Yeah, this is Cubot's voice actor's website. Apparently he's in the show, which means Orbot's probably in it too.

This pleases me as it disproves the rumor that Shadow/Rouge would be lazy assistants to Eggman and also shows that characters other than the classics will be coming back.

Although, personally, I think that Wally made a mistake; he probably wasn't supposed to say that he was doing the voice of Cubot just yet since so far they've only shown off the classic characters.

Personally I never liked Cubot that much but I LOVE Orbot's sass.

It just wouldn't be a Sonic cartoon if Eggman didn't have bumbling sidekicks. I'm always happy to see more of Orbot and Cubot.

I wonder if the reason why Graff and Pontac had to fight to get them included in Lost World is because they were going to be in Boom, and Sonic Team were worried about overlap? That'd be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wouldn't be shocked if they DON'T use super sonic. I could be wrong, but other than the comic.... I haven't seen any western dev use that. Super Sonic is like a had to get actor..... 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be shocked if they DON'T use super sonic. I could be wrong, but other than the comic.... I haven't seen any western dev use that. Super Sonic is like a had to get actor..... 

That may actually end up being the case. But… I hope they do a "Epic" Season finale in which the four characters have to find the 7 chaos emeralds. Sonic goes Super or something and it all ends on a cliffhanger involving Shado-*shot*

Of course it would be a 2-parter. 

Maybe since the focus of this game is teamwork, they'll give super forms to everyone?

They'll probably pull another Sonic Heroes and just have them shoved into Super Shields. 

That may actually end up being the case. But… I hope they do a "Epic" Season finale in which the four characters have to find the 7 chaos emeralds. Sonic goes Super or something and it all ends on a cliffhanger involving Shado-*shot*

Of course it would be a 2-parter. 

Now that might actually fit. I hope they'd take steps to avoid making super forms a maguffin.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the show is mostly going to be a comedy, with the episodes being 11 minute A & B segments. There probably isn't going to be any real continuity in between episodes, so the possibility of any epic season finales is kinda unlikely. Not that it can't be done, but I have doubts Super Sonic will even show up in this series.

I'm not sure I even wanna imagine what his design would be like here anyway.

Just because it's a comedy doesn't mean it can't have a serious plot or two.

It'd be nice to have at least one.

This is true. Its been done many times.

But honestly, how serious can it get when you have only 11 minutes to play with?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is true. Its been done many times.

But honestly, how serious can it get when you have only 11 minutes to play with?

Well, if Adventure time can manage with fifteen, then maybe.

Still not getting my hopes up for anything mind blowing in this first season. Just something good enough to find success.

While that's true, the previous three cartoons were famously made by people who knew nothing about the game series. Despite the new designs, I'm getting a good vibe of the games from this, the inclusion of the game actors and characters like orbot and cubot seemingly being in it suggest to me that there's a good chance the devs have some love for the series.

Hey guess what the show runner for this wrote this.  

I'm more confused as to why it was made.  Oh wait, this is an adaptation of the comic from the 1970s?  Weird.  Wait, he's not credited for screenplay and it's an existing story, then what did he write for this?  Oh I guess it's a story along the same lines.  

LOVE IT!!! I really like the new designs and the voice acting has improved a lot! I think the animation looks very similar to Transformers Prime and am I the only one who thinks Tails's fail at ejecting is oddly similar to Sonic shorts volume 8 where Eggman's trying to land?

Since this show is aparently taking inspiration from Spongebob in a few areas, you know what character would be the perfect inspiration for Shadow the Hedgehog?

char_15128.jpg

Come on, it's such an insane idea, but if humor is one of this show's focus points, and we're getting episodes like Eggman faking an injury and suing Sonic in court, why not bump up Sonic and Shadow's rivalry to insane "anything you can do I can do better" levels. It's crazy, but if Shadow was like the Squilliam Fancypants of Sonic Boom, that would the best humorous take on Shadow I can think of. :D

• Thumbs Up 3

While that's true, the previous three cartoons were famously made by people who knew nothing about the game series. Despite the new designs, I'm getting a good vibe of the games from this, the inclusion of the game actors and characters like orbot and cubot seemingly being in it suggest to me that there's a good chance the devs have some love for the series.

You bring up a good point. But seriously? does something like Super sonic really work in a western show with western ideas? I've been thinking hard on this and I dunno if that would really work. The west isn't really known for over powering something over and over. I mean Super man - tho yes he does get more powerful - is normally nerfed so they can write stories. I'm worrying over nothing but it was something I thought about....

I can honestly say that I'm really looking forward to this show. I just love the witty humor, and the character designs really look great! I do have to admit that Sonic's voice takes some getting used to, but overall, I'm really hyped!

I really curious about this "world" of Sonic Boom. Will it be many different places or just a few. Most likey I can see a town or city being a main point for location in the TV Series.

In the picture were we've see some different new characters and enemies, which probably are for the TV series and maybe the game too. We atleast see a baker and a nurse, a old, "wise?" turtle with stick. So probably this town/city will be a main focus of location as probably alot of NPC characters made for Sonic Boom are gonna be there.

And as Eggman takes Sonic to Court and Knuckles being Mayor, I can see it happening maybe in this main town. So "town" for general comedy plots and desert for battles? I kinda hope the show will showcase many different places, as Sega want to showcase Boom Sonic as a really adventurious guy. The best way to do that is to make him and his friends travel different places in my opinion. I guess it depends on the TV shows Budget >.<

and is this world going to be just anthros? It seems like it currently, but what about Eggman in that case? If humans also gonna be a part of this world, I think they will have that cartoony style from Sonic Unleashed. As Eggman's Boom design remind me a bit of it.

I really curious about this "world" of Sonic Boom. Will it be many different places or just a few. Most likey I can see a town or city being a main point for location in the TV Series.

In the picture were we've see some different new characters and enemies, which probably are for the TV series and maybe the game too. We atleast see a baker and a nurse, a old, "wise?" turtle with stick. So probably this town/city will be a main focus of location as probably alot of NPC characters made for Sonic Boom are gonna be there.

And as Eggman takes Sonic to Court and Knuckles being Mayor, I can see it happening maybe in this main town. So "town" for general comedy plots and desert for battles? I kinda hope the show will showcase many different places, as Sega want to showcase Boom Sonic as a really adventurious guy. The best way to do that is to make him and his friends travel different places in my opinion. I guess it depends on the TV shows Budget >.<

and is this world going to be just anthros? It seems like it currently, but what about Eggman in that case? If humans also gonna be a part of this world, I thnk they will have that cartoony style from Sonic Unleashed. As Eggman's Boom design remind me a bit of it.

I can't stand the Unleashed human style (I prefer Adventure/Chronicles personally; Shadow was same style as Adventure and '06 was WAY too realistic), but if they want to do that human style in Sonic Boom, sure, I'd go for it. I just want humans to be there. Don't get me wrong, I'm ALL for random anthros. But I want a mix of both anthros and humans.

• Thumbs Up 1

A sort of hub town is an inevitability, I think, just to give some stability to a series that could otherwise be quite chaotic. It does look like this world is going to be predominantly animal people, who will presumably be the denizens of the city or cities.

I just ponder if they'll ever make mention of Eggman being the only human?

I can honestly say that I'm really looking forward to this show. I just love the witty humor, and the character designs really look great! I do have to admit that Sonic's voice takes some getting used to, but overall, I'm really hyped!

Welcome to SSMB!

I take it you've been out of the fandom for a short while? Roger Craig Smith (the voice of Sonic in the cartoon) has been voicing Sonic since about 2010.

Anyway, happy to hear you're hyped! I hope you'll like it here. smile.png

I completely agree with you. The humans of Sonic Unleashed was extremely cartoon-ish for my taste, same with 06's humans.

I also want both humans and anthros as it gives more variety. But as of right now I get the feeling that it is only anthros. We've just have to wait and see.

I give vote for Anthro/human population for Sonic Boom x)

• Thumbs Up 1