Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Just wondering, why does everyone assume this show is doing well? According to On Demand (at least in my area), when the Cartoon Network shows are sorted by popularity, Sonic Boom is 11th on the list of 13, ahead of only Uncle Grandpa and Johnny Test. Maybe that's not as bad as it seems to me?

The show was just on hiatus, not many people have realised that it's started again. 

Another winner. I found Knux sticking carrots in his ears(?) hilarious, to be honest.

They may have made him as dumb as a rock, but I still find his antics crack me up.

Knuckles and Eggman made this episode. Oh my god they are just so well written and the hilarity they have never ceases to amaze me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Chez Amy was alright, but a little mean spirited, and too many out of character moments. This was without a doubt one of Amy's worst portrayals in any episodes, which is a shame, since this was like one of the few episodes to mostly focus on just her. Although, I can't blame Amy for getting a bit too bossy in this episode, because Dave was a real jerk in this episode. Even after Amy pitied him for losing his job, she hired him, and helped rebuild Meh Burger. And how does he thank her? By offering everyone free meals, yet he still messes up Amy's order...

In past episodes, Dave was kind of a funny character, but in this one, he was so rude, that I actually wanted Amy to succeed, so it's a shame that Dave pretty much won in the end, and Amy lost in a way.

Some of the wordings in the episode should have been less strict, like when Amy lost sight of why she wanted the restaurant in the first place, some of the things she said just felt far too out of character. At least they made Sonic sound less rude, than  in the French version, where he kept telling Tails "Quit sucking up..." Just a little nitpick, but I also felt they should have rephrased what Sonic said to Amy when she was calling for help. It just sounded a bit too harsh for Sonic to say "Ugh... Amy, we don't want to work for you!" They should have had him say something like "We don't want to be bossed around".

The episodes highlights were when the soccer ball was flying right at Amy, and she just casually pulls out her hammer without looking, and knocks the ball straight into Knuckles's face, along with the kid throwing a rock at Knuckles, and Amy asking how Eggman lured in all the customers, only for Eggman to reveal he blew up Meh Burger. I just laughed when Eggman was amused at Dave being jobless, and he encouraged Amy to kick him into the ground, only to find out Amy hired him as a worker.

Not the best episode in my opinion, but it wasn't all bad. I just felt it should have been a little less mean spirited. At least I've seen French versions of most of this week's and next week's episodes, and can say they were better. I even liked Blue With Envy more than Chez Amy, and that's an episode that a lot of people seem to hate for some reason. 

Check your DVRs and listings! Mine didn't record Sonic Boom today, but the show is listed for 12 pm eastern tomorrow with "Blue with Envy" and "Chez Amy". 

Check your DVRs and listings! Mine didn't record Sonic Boom today, but the show is listed for 12 pm eastern tomorrow with "Blue with Envy" and "Chez Amy". 

Me either. Guess I'll have to re-train it.

I found the English version of Chez Amy on Youtube, although I'll keep an eye out on Youtube to see if there's a better version.

Chez Amy was fine, Knuckles and Eggman were hilarious. Dave sounded like Sonic at some points at times. 

Wow, that's how Lady Goat sounds like.

Amy's characterization was really bossy, but that's the point in this plot I guess.

Dave sounded like Sonic at some points at times.

That is probably because they are voiced by the same person. lol

I found a better version of Chez Amy on Youtube. It's in English as well.

I liked Blue with Envy but just because it seems to be a self-parody on how Sonic was portrayed back in the day.

Watched a bit of Chez Amy. 

Is it me, or is the animation suddenly getting really bad? Like.. For a solid chunk of that, the expressions and movements the characters were doing were really bland, and weren't matching the personality in the dialogue. It was kind of jarring, since the animation for that kind of thing had been so much better before.

Edited by Azoo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watched a bit of Chez Amy. 

Is it me, or is the animation suddenly getting really bad? Like.. For a solid chunk of that, the expressions and movements the characters were doing were really bland, and weren't matching the personality in the dialogue. It was kind of jarring, since the animation for that kind of thing had been so much better before.

And the VA for Amy sounds bored for some reason.

And the VA for Amy sounds bored for some reason.

To be fair, this episode gave Amy suitable reasons to sound a bit depressed/unhappy. First she felt upset with Dave for his horrible service, then she got depressed when she lost her customers, and drove her friends out. I don't think people would normally have a happy tone when treated horribly at a restaurant, or messing up to the point of driving your friends out a door. 

Good news is, today's episode recorded on my DVR. Bad news is, the rerun of yesterday's episode I set to record didn't.

I noticed a funny little detail in the Curse Of The Cross Eyed Moose episode. Did anyone notice Amy has an upside down photo of herself? Was the cg background layout artist that lazy to flip the photo the right way up?  With that aside, I thought today's episode was great. It was great to finally see the English version of this episode with good video and image quality. I'm really looking forward to Chili Dog Day Afternoon, since that's the only episode from this week to not have had an English version of it aired elsewhere. In other news, it's the only real new episode for this week. Although the French version was online, it was in low quality, and had no subtitles either, so this one will feel more new than any other episode from this week. At least next week's episodes will not have aired in English anywhere else, and it all ends with a new episode that hasn't aired in France, Australia, or UK yet. I can imagine the day France gets the Valley Of Cubots episode, America will probably get the new years episode instead.

going out.jpg

Chili Dog Day Afternoon was another good one in my book, though it's a little more outlandish than most Boom episodes.

I mean, seriously, raise your hand if you expected Knuckles, while dressed in a kilt and wearing facepaint, to toss sentient peppers at his friends. Even for this show's standards, that's insane and completely out of left field.

Next up, Closed Door Policy!

The field of Baby Ducks made me laugh pretty hard. Even if it shows Knuckles at his absolute dumbest.

• Thumbs Up 8

Chili Dog Day Afternoon was another good one in my book, though it's a little more outlandish than most Boom episodes.

Hidden Content

Next up, Closed Door Policy!

It was, until you realize the whole majority of the episode was just a crazy dream. 

I loved Chili Dog Day Afternoon, it was the wackiest episode of the series so far, even if it was just a dream in the end. I just laughed so hard when Knuckles came across the path of "ducklings". 

The field of Baby Ducks made me laugh pretty hard. Even if it shows Knuckles at his absolute dumbest.

But it was all in a dream, so you can't really call that Knuckles at his absolute dumbest. I'd say seeing him feeding himself by shoving carrots in his ears was him at his dumbest. 

Yeah, this is another reason why Modern Knuckles would hate Boom Knuckles. It's the stupidity that shows it! Might also explain why Modern Knuckles gets tricked so easily, be it by Eggman OR Rouge!