Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Does annyone even like Teen Titans Go ?

My sister.

I tell her that it's not even that good, and give her valid reasons why, and she just says "Meh." On one of the points, she just said "I know,' and doesn't seem to care.

It's like the show is getting a lot of showtime on the channel because people don't care about what they're watching.

If only Sonic Boom TV had been aired on Disney Channel before.

That's impossible, Cartoon Network's the only one licenced to actually show Sonic Boom (it's not like Oggy where it somehow came on Disney Channel with 240p, and then on Cartoon Network on 1080p, and then on Nickelodeon with 240p).

I just looked at the article again and noticed this. 

NETWORK UPDATE:  NOTE–because of NFL exhibition game preemptions, comparisons are to last week’s final Saturday ratings, rather than preliminary Sunday morning numbers.

Now I wonder if sports has anything to do with this. There was a time where the ratings went down for a bit because of sports. 

Here's Episode 40 :

The scene where Amy calls Tails adorable just cracks me up every time I see it, mostly because it's a reminder on why Sonic can't go totally serious - Because everyone would just get a kick from Sonic trying to be super serious.

Edited by NoirSuede

I did not like today's episode. Sonic and Knuckles were such stupid jerks in the episode. I hated the ending, it was so mean spirited towards Amy. Amy did nothing wrong, yet Sonic and Knuckles lie that Eggman blew up her couch and just leave her. I felt so bad for Amy she looked so sad at the end. I wish it had a happier ending. Sonic should have felt bad, and figured he has an opportunity to get back at Eggman for ruining their chances at winning that gameshow. He could have asked Amy if she wanted to join them and get back at Eggman for destroying her couch. Despite the mean spirit of the episode's beginning and ending, it did have funny moments during the gameshow. I loved how Lady Walrus answered the question of what Dave does for a living, and said "works at the fast food industry" the answer was being part of an evil group, but Comedy Chimp accepts that answer. I especially laughed when Eggman referred to Amy as Sonic's "whiny girlfriend", which Sonic responds by grunting "she's not my girlfriend!..." Then the wrong answer buzzer goes off, lol.

Edited by SpongicX
  • Thumbs Up 1

This week's episode was very funny from start to end to me. Amusing to see Sonic & Eggman know each other better then anyone else. And that ending... was funny and semi surprising to see Sonic & Knuckles being such brats. xD

There wasn't really any scene or joke this time that i didn't like. :)

I hate how the tv show still isnt in the rest of europe... they better release it soon

am i the only one who finds it unfair?

That's the Sonic I know and love.

Anyone really tired of the term "bro" now? Use it ironically or bust!

It lost its meaning for me outside of the obvious context of Sonic and Tails.

I did not like today's episode. Sonic and Knuckles were such stupid jerks in the episode. I hated the ending, it was so mean spirited towards Amy. Amy did nothing wrong, yet Sonic and Knuckles lie that Eggman blew up her couch and just leave her. I felt so bad for Amy she looked so sad at the end. I wish it had a happier ending. Sonic should have felt bad, and figured he has an opportunity to get back at Eggman for ruining their chances at winning that gameshow. He could have asked Amy if she wanted to join them and get back at Eggman for destroying her couch. Despite the mean spirit of the episode's beginning and ending, it did have funny moments during the gameshow. I loved how Lady Walrus answered the question of what Dave does for a living, and said "works at the fast food industry" the answer was being part of an evil group, but Comedy Chimp accepts that answer. I especially laughed when Eggman referred to Amy as Sonic's "whiny girlfriend", which Sonic responds by grunting "she's not my girlfriend!..." Then the wrong answer buzzer goes off, lol.

Remember: The Bro Code is stronger than the Villain Code. Offscreen, Sonic might have told Eggman that if he doesn't destroy the couch, then Amy would destroy Sonic, and Eggman would have no nemesis to fight! Sure, Tails could take up the mantle of hero, but it wouldn't be the same, being Brains vs. Brains, and such.

Sonic might have told Eggman that if he doesn't destroy the couch, then Amy would destroy Sonic, and Eggman would have no nemesis to fight! 

Aren't you forgetting that the missile that blew up Amy's couch was actually the one that Knuckles hit into the air with a stick earlier in the episode? Knuckles destroyed the couch, and they blamed Eggman. There was no off screen negotiating to be hinted at. 

well .. i liked this episode.. but i found it kinda short..or maybe i just wanted to see more of Knuckles and Sonic  XD haha but anyway...

i loved when they were doing stupid things on Amy's house XD haha..

this remind me certain meme....XD

i kinda missed Tails and Sticks..(more Tails than Sticks.. :D ) but still was a  nice episode..

and Mike is colorblind? wow.. that was a surprice...

also Knuckles fighting alone was really nice to see ^_^ and then Sonic and Knuckles final attack was very cool too..

Edited by Drawloverlala

Aren't you forgetting that the missile that blew up Amy's couch was actually the one that Knuckles hit into the air with a stick earlier in the episode? Knuckles destroyed the couch, and they blamed Eggman. There was no off screen negotiating to be hinted at. 

I stopped paying attention after the nacho cheese!

Australia's going to start airing sonic boom on Nine GO! this Thursday coming at 7am. All I can say is finally. I didn't have cable to watch it so it's great it's now being put on free to air which I can watch.=D

Hopefully it's on for a few days a week and not just on Thursday. I have to keep an eye on that.

"Bro-Down Showdown" was a good episode IMO. This "Sonic & Knuckles" focused episode had me cracking up with all the shenanigans that happened all throughout. Especially the ones involving the game show. Notably how well Sonic and Dr. Eggman knew each other with them being enemies and all.

Additional observations for Episode 41 of Sonic Boom:

NMf574d.png?1
While we had another episode without Sticks present, this was the first time that Tails wasn't in an episode since the cartoon had aired. That definitely had me shocked. The symbol for incorrect answers reminds me of Tails though...I wonder why that was used instead of a "thumbs-down" symbol like a "thumbs-up" symbol was used for a correct answer?  

3hZOt7X.png?2
How did Amy even win that award for "Most Selfless" ? That so doesn't even fit with her snatching the telegram from Leroy the Turtle here.

wLByuQ4.jpg?2
Sonic and Knuckles begging to house-sit for Amy like little kids...hilarious! :D

xUZ8Sle.jpg?2
Sonic and Knuckles celebrate with a hi-five. I love how playful these two are often! :P

wLdIsqj.png?2
Grape soda?! Seriously Sonic, that is so stupid! :P

6wghwEK.png?2
Looks like Justin Beaver's former producer found another job rather quickly! :)

H5A30wO.jpg?2
Knuckles and Mike are hanging out with each other again! This time as bros! :) And the Stuntbears from Episode 12 ("Circus of Plunders") are among the contestants! :P

Cf50PIi.png?2
The foes gone bros give each other a hug...accidentally of course! :P

xVM7rTb.png?3
Sonic and Knuckles' stupidity does some good this time around! Made that disqualification worth it! :P

bLZ9TeU.jpg?2
Amy looks so sad here with her destroyed couch :( I'm sure she wouldn't of taken the sight of having a soiled and damage couch well either.  

So again "Bro-Down Showdown" was an episode I enjoyed quite a bit. Aside from the non-appearance of my favorite character in the cartoon Tails, and the mean-spirited and out of character moments Amy, Sonic and Knuckles showed towards Leroy in both the beginning and end of the episode as well as the ending itself I didn't like I really didn't have any complaints. Although briefly, I did find it odd that Sonic actually hesitated when Knuckles was pinned down by the Obilterator Bot and it was about to fire its laser at Knuckles at the expense of Sonic thinking about being disqualified and not being able to win the couch seeing that he normally reacts to someone being in danger immediately

And while Sonic and Tails' friendship is where it is at, it's nice to see Sonic interact, have fun with and call someone else his "Bro" other than Tails and it being Knuckles this time around was pretty sweet. Speaking of omissions, I wonder at this point among the remaining 11 episodes will there be one without Sonic himself? Sonic X actually did it once (Episode 17 "The Adventures of Knuckles and Hawk") so the possibility isn't impossible although seemingly unlikely. Time will tell. Speaking of time, looking forward to "Late Night Wars" come next week! :)

• Thumbs Up 3

"Bro-Down Showdown" was a good episode IMO. This "Sonic & Knuckles" focused episode had me cracking up with all the shenanigans that happened all throughout. Especially the ones involving the game show. Notably how well Sonic and Dr. Eggman knew each other with them being enemies and all.

Additional observations for Episode 41 of Sonic Boom:

NMf574d.png?1
While we had another episode without Sticks present, this was the first time that Tails wasn't in an episode since the cartoon had aired. That definitely had me shocked. The symbol for incorrect answers reminds me of Tails though...I wonder why that was used instead of a "thumbs-down" symbol like a "thumbs-up" symbol was used for a correct answer?  

Maybe Tails is on his first date with Zooey :wub:? She's not in this episode either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate how the tv show still isnt in the rest of europe... they better release it soon

am i the only one who finds it unfair?

I know right? :( I'm sad.

But anyway - it's one of my favourite episodes so far! I liked seeing Sonic and Knuckles playing around like just a couple of bros. Friendship between Sonic and Knux doesn't get much attention most of time. So yeah I definitely liked this one. 

And this hippo riding on a skateboard, oh gawd XD I wonder where do writers get all these ideas from

Also - I absolutely loved the way Sonic said "she's not my girlfriend!" :D just like someone mentioned already, this is Sonic I know and love.

Edited by Avishy

Ooooo, Perci getting focus now, looks to be interesting as she was one of the few character designs I liked in the Boom game.

Right, because I know you guys want info so much, I've researched this episode I'll probably never watch. 

So some info I've mushed together under the spoilers.

-The episode is called Questions of View and it's the episode where Tails' Lab is blown up, and the others recount how it was in their own perspectives.

-Apparently it starts with Sonic, Knuckles and Amy walking when they come across Perci, who's gotten hurt and broken her bike. 

-Knuckles' tale recounts him as a captain, and the Sonic in Amy screenshot is from that retelling.

-Sonic or Amy's retelling has him with Perci (possibly to make Amy jealous? Can't tell that one, but it works).

-Perci's perspective has Tails fix the bike.

-No sign of Sticks or Eggman in this.

• Thumbs Up 2

OHkay then,,,

Huh, All the images are gone.

EDIT : WAIT

tumblr_ntw0h7n8GL1up2wzho1_500.jpg

OH MY EFFING GOD LOL

tumblr_ntvyikBDfo1u32s2mo2_1280.jpg

Knux is sassy as a sailor.

tumblr_ntvyikBDfo1u32s2mo6_1280.jpg

Tails' is blushiiiiing....

Edited by El Dorito
  • Thumbs Up 4

An episode that Perci is actually in as a main character instead of a background character? Saaayyyy... That sounds nice. And the episode sounds like it'll be a pack of fun with stupid stories being told left and right. Those kind of episodes are always quite humorous.

That's one down, three more game exclusive characters to go. Or two, since Lyric is never going to make it. I'm not going to care much of the other game exclusive characters, as they don't seem like they'd fit in the show without being shoehorned.

An episode that Perci is actually in as a main character instead of a background character? Saaayyyy... That sounds nice. And the episode sounds like it'll be a pack of fun with stupid stories being told left and right. Those kind of episodes are always quite humorous.

That's one down, three more game exclusive characters to go. Or two, since Lyric is never going to make it. I'm not going to care much of the other game exclusive characters, as they don't seem like they'd fit in the show without being shoehorned.

But who's gonna voice her though ?