Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

ku-xlarge.gif

What is that triangle 'watch' he's wearing?

A communicator. He uses it to co-ordinate his moves with Tails.

So is anybody willing to bet the theme song will actually be "Sonic Boom"?

They'd SERIOUSLY better make a remix of "Sonic Boom" for the theme. That'd be the best possible thing they could do for the theme song.

• Thumbs Up 5

A communicator. He uses it to co-ordinate his moves with Tails.

Grapple beam.

The Ener-beam, developer's ultra-toyetic take on the Chaotix rings.

klkaquestion.jpg

Ok so we don't know what it is :V

• Thumbs Up 1

There's nothing to indicate that he needed it to use the grapple beam thing. He grabbed onto it fine without using it. If you watch the trailer, he talks into it, indicating that it's a communication device rather than anything that was required to be used in-tandem with that beam-thing.

klkaquestion.jpg

Nope, definitly a communicator. After all we see him useing it....to communicate with Tails.

Doesn't he and Tails also use it for the linking though?

Hmm. After watching it again it's more ambiguous. Tails makes the whip for Sonic to grab. Notice however during that specific scene, Sonic's machinedingy is activated for no apparent reason. Not convinced it's not related :P Although it's clearly also a communicator, yeah.

klkaquestion.jpg

I've just assumed it was a whip of sorts.

Not sure if someone has mentioned this already, but did anyone notice that Burn Bot has some similarities with the Egg Dragoon?

Burn-Bot.png

Egg-dragoon-sonic-generations.png

Makes me wonder if it was intentional or if it's just a coincidence.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if someone has mentioned this already, but did anyone notice that Burn Bot has some similarities with the Egg Dragoon?

Makes me wonder if it was intentional or if it's just a coincidence.

Man, the Egg Dragoon is so sexy. Definitely one of the best Eggman creations.

• Thumbs Up 4

ku-xlarge.gif

What is that triangle 'watch' he's wearing?

Forget the watch, look at those dang-ass wiggly ears when he talks.

That is rather adorable.

• Thumbs Up 8

From IMDB here's the present roster:

Evan Baily ... (developer) Mark Banker ... (developer) (2014-) Mark Banker ... (writer) (2014-) Donna Friedman ... (developer) Sandrine Nguyen ... (developer) Dave Polsky ... (2014-) Series Cast     MV5BMTkxMTA0MTEzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk3 Roger Craig Smith ... MV5BMTYxOTkyMzAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEy Travis Willingham ... MV5BMTU1NTY4Mzk3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQy Cindy Robinson ...
 Amy Rose (2014) (voice)
name-2138558783._V379389446_.png Kate Higgins ... MV5BNTI0OTg5OTE5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTgz Mike Pollock ... Series Produced by  Evan Baily ... executive producer Bill Freiberger ... co-executive producer Donna Friedman ... executive producer Boris Hertzog ... executive producer Jane McGregor ... executive producer Sandrine Nguyen ... executive producer Series Other crew  Evan Baily ... show runner (2014-) Mark Banker ... developer (2014-) Bill Freiberger ... show runner (2014-) Takashi Iizuka ... series overseer (2014-)

I wish I could mute the fanbase so I could avoid these "why the fuck does sanic have blue arms" kind of questions.

You know, instead of having this kind of attitude towards those that have a different opinion of yours you could ignore it if it bothers you so much. Despite the varying opinions on Sonic Boom, everyone has been fairly tolerant and respectful with those different opinions, which I sincerely commend the community here at SSMB for. Besides, considering that Sonic has had tan or bare arms for nearly 23 years, you can't blame the the fans in the series that is questioning this sudden and glaring change, to be honest, or you shouldn't blame them for questioning it or being upset about it even. No one's opinions should be "muted" just because you don't like them as that is rather selfish as well as silly.

Anyway, I might as well give my opinion on the Sonic Boom cartoon, as I have already given my opinion on the and the

I don't have too many complaints about the Sonic Boom cartoon after looking at the trailer. Even though things look better appearance-wise with the CGI I am still not feeling the new character designs. Knuckles still looks drastically different (not in a good way, mind you) and Sonic's blue arms really seem to throw off the balance of his color scheme, in my opinion. I really don't like how those two currently look. Sonic's running animation did look rather awkward in the trailer, to be honest. That's about it in regards to things I don't like about the cartoon so far. 

On positive notes, the CGI looks absolutely amazing, IMO. Everything looks good aside from of the character designs that I have complained about already. I love the banter between Sonic and Dr. Eggman. Both of them seem to be in-character, and I hope that continues along with Tails. I'm hoping that Knuckles and Amy are both portrayed in a positive light. All of the voices heard so far are good, and I am very happy that the cast from the video games are participating in the cartoon as well. That's less things to become familiar with in regards to the cartoon. I get the impression that the writing appears to be good; I've seen a good mix of humor and action so far from the trailer. Some of the events among the episodes really interest me. I wonder what can Sonic possibly be sued for: gold rings? his Tornado? I'm very curious how that plot is going to unfold.

If we don't get a chili dog reference in this cartoon at least one time in these 52 episodes, I will be very disappointed.

I really hate to say it, but out of all the new things that was revealed regarding Sonic Boom, the cartoon is the only thing that I am actually quite optimistic about and looking forward to at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Wonder why Eggman's voice sounds robotic when he says 'burn bot'.

Also why would Tails need an ejector seat when... He. Can. Fly. Which such issue also turns up again when he face plants in the game trailer. It's almost like they forgot what his two tails are used for at times.

Also why would Tails need an ejector seat when... He. Can. Fly.

An ejector seat is there for when you have to bail out of the plane before it collides into something, whether it be the side of some cliff face or the earth itself. Just because Tails can fly, doesn't mean he can get from sitting position to taking off with his tails fast enough to get away from a situation where an ejector seat would be used.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, looks like Knuckles has a new voice actor. Okay... I really liked his current game VA but I suppose they needed a voice to fit with his new buff figure. I see Kate Higgins has returned as Tails, however I got more of a Amy Palant vibe from the voice, even though it didn't sound exactly like her. The fact that we still have Cindy Robinson as Amy worries me. Her voice really annoyed me in the recent games. Hopefully she can change her act a little like Kate Higgins so she won't sound as annoying. I wouldn't compare her to Minnie Mouse but it comes close. Voice actors aside, it kinda bugs me how the show's airing on CN. From a business perspective it makes perfect sense since that's where all the hit kid's shows air such as Adventure Time, Regular Show, Pokemon, etc. I just personally don't like that because I don't have CN in my subscription. I'll probably end up buying a season pass on iTunes once it becomes available to support the show as much as I can. Anyway, like I stated in an earlier post, I'm pretty hyped for the show. CGI looks great, voice acting is nice, jokes are surprisingly well written and there seems to be a good amount of action. All aboard the hype train for Boom!

So, looks like Knuckles has a new voice actor. Okay... I really liked his current game VA but I suppose they needed a voice to fit with his new buff figure.

No he doesn't. Travis Willingham has been the voice of Knux since Free Riders.

So, looks like Knuckles has a new voice actor. Okay... I really liked his current game VA but I suppose they needed a voice to fit with his new buff figure.

Nah, the whole entire voice cast for the games is returning. Travis Willingham has got serious range as an actor,so I expect they're making him come up with a different voice instead of impersonating Dan Green this time around, so he can better suit Knuckle's new design. With that said, there's hope Cindy Robinson will do a vastly different take on Amy. She's such a talented voice actress, it's just such a shame she keeps using that grating falsetto voice for Amy. I think everyone is going to get a chance to do much more with their characters, so there's room for improvement that's being shown so far.

Nah, the whole entire voice cast for the games is returning.

Has this been confirmed? I know we heard from Smith and Pollock, but I don't remember anything else.

Has this been confirmed? I know we heard from Smith and Pollock, but I don't remember anything else.

Well, we can obviously tell Kate Higgins is back, and I'm pretty sure Mike Pollock confirmed Travis and Cindy were returning. Usually, when you say the current game cast is coming back, that kind of includes Travis and Cindy as well. :P

No he doesn't. Travis Willingham has been the voice of Knux since Free Riders.

Oh, really? I hadn't noticed. (That's what I get for not paying attention to Knuckles' VA) That's good. I love how he voiced Knuckles. It's a shame Knuckles got such little screen time in Generations and Lost World.

With that said, there's hope Cindy Robinson will do a vastly different take on Amy. She's such a talented voice actress, it's just such a shame she keeps using that grating falsetto voice for Amy.

I agree. I looked her up and I'm impressed at how much voice work she's done and how well it is compared to Amy Rose. Although if I were to guess, I'd say it's SEGA's fault for her performance, as they probably told her to make a Minnie Mouse-esque voice.

Well, I like/will get used to almost everything about this show: redesigns, sure; funny writing, fine; new plot, okay then. But there's only one thing I don't like: Sonic's running animation.

To me, it doesn't look like he's running fast -- he's moving through the environment at a good speed, sure, but it looks like he's holding his arms behind him out of choice rather than them being pinned back. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seems like his body is unaffected by the massive air resistance he should be facing. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

I know there are some people here who actually work in animation, so if they (or anyone else for that matter) could explain how wrong I am to me, I'd appreciate it.

--

Also, not a fan of the knees and elbows at all. It makes the running look a lot weirder.