Awoo.

Sonic Boom Screenshot Thread *page 6* "Don't Cross the Ender-Beams"

Badnik Mechanic

Is it just me or does that Eggman pic look more detailed and textured than the subject from the video footage?

Is it just me or does that Eggman pic look more detailed and textured than the subject from the video footage?

Could be. I wouldn't be surprised if the footage provided by SEGA is of an earlier build, and I believe GameXplain confirmed this.

I really do hope these graphics aren't final, because they look dreadful. Colours look sort of washed out, textures are really blurry, and there's no AA. I know the Wii U can do far better than this because of a certain game that came out last week that everyone is talking about.

I think Rise Of Lyric is probably just missing it's lighting engine. It's probably a dev build or something.

Missing it's lighting engine? That's not even really possible. The CryEngine is in play here and it's clearly been optimised (read: that is to say been dialled back considerably) since the original reveal in order to make the game run better.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final product lacked AA. Mario Kart 8 and the majority of Wii U games...hell, even PS4 and Xbox One games, lack AA.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final product lacked AA. Mario Kart 8 and the majority of Wii U games...hell, even PS4 and Xbox One games, lack AA.

Mario Kart 8 did actually look better in motion though, and had nice visuals anyway. What I'm worried about is that these visuals are final.

Missing it's lighting engine? That's not even really possible. The CryEngine is in play here and it's clearly been optimised (read: that is to say been dialled back considerably) since the original reveal in order to make the game run better.

Its not to unlikely that for a certain build they dialed back the graphics and have a better working version now. It just seems likely due to how there are a bunch of screenshot that look like they are at different levels of production.

I havent got around to using criengine but if it anything like unity or unreal you can change some of the lighting setting and quality in a couple of seconds for testing. 

Right now im honestly just wait I dont know what its going to look like in its final stage but it better be better than what we have now .

mZUNroR.jpg

Sonic's Scarf looks proper strange.

Edit: It almost looks like he was frozen in that position, a carnival rode by, and someone opened a 'throw the ring over the hedgehog' stall.

• Thumbs Up 2

Second (some of these are a little blurry, sorry unsure.png )

20_zps4fbfd7c8.png

19_zps3cd7e4c9.png

14_zps3dc391d7.png

16_zps2ded3b17.png

18_zpsf5bbffd1.png

17_zpsa53e87fa.png

15_zps13a0ca5e.png

13_zps2818c17d.png

10_zps486b754f.png

12_zps5ffd31ce.png

7_zps9b8ff87f.png

8_zpsf1ae57fe.png

1_zps3a8ee4a1.png

3_zps1b01ce26.png

6_zpsae3f816b.png

2_zps7a9252e1.png

4_zps06af08c8.png

5_zps3818628b.png

10_zps486b754f.png

Wait....

image12.jpg

...they weren't kidding when they said this game looks similar to Adventure....

• Thumbs Up 2