Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

2wdx28n.jpg

I don't know anything about Beaver the Baker and he's already my favorite character on the lone principle of being Beaver the Baker.

• Thumbs Up 1

In regards to blue arms, while I personally don't give enough of a shit to get mad about it like I do with Buffles, I thought BlazeHedgehog on Tumblr brought up a good point:

Blue arms has been the symbol of lazy Sonic art for more than a decade and a half. There's not really any excuse for it.

2wdx28n.jpg

I don't know anything about Beaver the Baker and he's already my favorite character on the lone principle of being Beaver the Baker.

I bet he can cook up some DAM good food!

...I'll see myself out *gets coat*

• Thumbs Up 1

u8bMDxh.png

For those who want an automatically better/closer look at the board, here it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thought I'd do a little Photoshop edit to see how the blue arms would look at a more popular piece of Sonic artwork:

k3t3eg.jpg

This actually looks quite nice. But to each their own, I suppose. Skin-colored arms are definitely irreplaceable for the SEGASonic visual style, but I gotta give props to Sonic Boom for being different.

Heh, y'know one of those sketches looks a lot like Pinstripe to me. Not surprising considering we have Crash Bandicoot veterans on board. Hmmm, maybe they might re-design and re-introduce the gun-toting Nack based off of Pinstripe Potoroo.

Blue arms has been the symbol of lazy Sonic art for more than a decade and a half. There's not really any excuse for it.

Or is it instead the case that blue arms have been the symbol of intuitive Sonic art, and Boom is finally canonising what there has always been an unconscious impulse towards?

• Thumbs Up 1

u8bMDxh.png

For those who want an automatically better/closer look at the board, here it is.

The character in the second row at the right end looks kinda like Sally. I DOUBT its her, but 'eh, looks kinda like her. Still really hard to tell in this sheet though since its so blurry.

The guy to the left of the top right guy looks a little like Fang. I can tell it isn't him telling by his nose, but he looks to be a town troublemaker for sure.

I take back what I said four days ago, now I actually like these alternative design.

Mostly because their faces are the same as always (the only difference I spotted is the shape of Tails' eyes, more rounded than his SEGA look)

Honestly I didn't notice Sonic's blue arm and still don't

Knuckles is okay, I don't know why most are bothered to the fact that he "has fingers"

look at the positive side: now he can catch a postcard without miserably messing up

igRnq109dHSSY.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

I've seen less people (in fact, no one) bothered by the fact that Knuckles' fingers have been revealed than I have seen people bothered by the fact that his proportions still make him look like a deliberately bad Photoshop job from NeoGAF.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've seen less people (in fact, no one) bothered by the fact that Knuckles' fingers have been revealed than I have seen people bothered by the fact that his proportions still make him look like a deliberately bad Photoshop job from NeoGAF.

I don't mind Knuckles having fingers at all. Honestly, I always thought that Knuckles just wore gloves that covered up his fingers rather than him just plain having no fingers.

The guy to the left of the top right guy looks a little like Fang. I can tell it isn't him telling by his nose, but he looks to be a town troublemaker for sure.

I noticed that myself. He did somewhat resemble Fang to me, and who knows, the nose could just be part of a redesign.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually like fingered-wrist tape-metal spikes attached Knuckles design over the Boxing gloves with spike poking out design.

His upper body still freaks me out though. XD

I'm really not bothered by Knux fingers at all.  He still has chunky hands and that's what matters (they were way too slender in the fan film).

Looking at that manipulated image of the concept art photo, I'll be shocked if that racoon girl isn't a redesigned Marine, really will.  It looks so much like her and the boomerang motif kinda seals it.  If they do bring back side characters like her I have no problem with them having more drastic redesigns considering they aren't quite as beloved.

It was mentioned in the Best of the Rest thread, and I thought about her outfit. I expect them to change that immediately to work with standards and practices over here.

I'm really not bothered by Knux fingers at all.  He still has chunky hands and that's what matters (they were way too slender in the fan film).

Looking at that manipulated image of the concept art photo, I'll be shocked if that racoon girl isn't a redesigned Marine, really will.  It looks so much like her and the boomerang motif kinda seals it.  If they do bring back side characters like her I have no problem with them having more drastic redesigns considering they aren't quite as beloved.

I'll be shocked if the raccoon isn't a redesigned Marine, either. And on that note, look at the character JUST to her right. That lavendar color is the same color as Blaze. I only just noticed this, and the overall shape could be Blaze as well.

I don't mind Knuckles having fingers at all. Honestly, I always thought that Knuckles just wore gloves that covered up his fingers rather than him just plain having no fingers.

I noticed that myself. He did somewhat resemble Fang to me, and who knows, the nose could just be part of a redesign.

I do keep noting, though, that although that character somewhat resembles a weasel like Fang, the color scheme is way off. The nose could be a redesign, but would they change the full color scheme as well?

The character to the left of Sonicized-Aika (As I like to call her) looks very much like a poodle

i707yc.png

Her fur is a poofy afro on top of her head and you can see her pink ears coming out either side beneath it. She also appears to be wearing a nurses cap with a red cross on it with possible nursing clothes. Maybe a character who tends to the main characters when they're injured/ill?

I'll be shocked if the raccoon isn't a redesigned Marine, either. And on that note, look at the character JUST to her right. That lavendar color is the same color as Blaze. I only just noticed this, and the overall shape could be Blaze as well.

I do keep noting, though, that although that character somewhat resembles a weasel like Fang, the color scheme is way off. The nose could be a redesign, but would they change the full color scheme as well?

I interpreted that as an explorer outfit to match his hat. Because what little I saw of fur, looked like his purple fur.

I actually like fingered-wrist tape-metal spikes attached Knuckles design over the Boxing gloves with spike poking out design.

His upper body still freaks me out though. XD

Actually, it would appear that he wears skin-tight gloves with tape over the top and cut-outs for his spikes. He's not wearing knuckle dusters. You can see it even more clearly in-game than in the art. I happen to think that Knuckles looks really cool here.

12444075925_71932a8586_n.jpg

12381356675_0fc0d0b89b_o.png

• Thumbs Up 5

No doubt about it, that must be Marine! X3 same colour scheme, raccoon girl and she has a boomerang. Hnnnnggg! This means that Blaze might appear too.

sooo... Knuckles still has his spiky knuckles?

Cool.

Maybe if he drops a size or two... his design won't have been changed that much afterall. His shoes look pretty much the same.

You know, I'm a wee bit concerned that any new characters are going to end up looking overly complex compared to the the four Heroes and Eggman. 

u8bMDxh.png

Third row...the second pic to the left looks kinda like Emerl from Sonic Battle.