Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

Even if the events of the game didn't actually occur (not yet at any rate), that doesn't mean the Nocturne Tribe (and therefore echidnas with fingers) doesn't exist. Without them, Angel Island wouldn't be flying and Sonic Battle wouldn't happened.

They happened just fine before Chronicles was ever written, they can have happened just fine with Chronicles not being canon.

Because stuff like a monoeye or having blobs for feet doesn't make any sense!

You still haven't given a reason why.

And a 3 foot blue hedgehog faster than sound does?

• Thumbs Up 3

Little about this series makes sense. Trying to make sense of anything in this series is just going to lead to head trauma.

They happened just fine before Chronicles was ever written, they can have happened just fine with Chronicles not being canon.

But having the Nocturne Tribe around serves to explain it better.

And a 3 foot blue hedgehog faster than sound does?

That's different because it's a large part of the series, not a minor detail.

Little about this series makes sense. Trying to make sense of anything in this series is just going to lead to head trauma.

You're looking at someone who analyzed the Mushroom Kingdom's government and discovered it was actually a principality. If something doesn't make sense to me, I'm not going to take it for granted.

I really don't see how this makes a difference at all

You're looking at someone who analyzed the Mushroom Kingdom's government and discovered it was actually a principality.

Wait, what? You think Peach is a boy? That doesn't make sense to me...

But having the Nocturne Tribe around serves to explain it better.

That doesn't make it true.

What does it matter if it's large or small? And if anything, a large thing not making logical sense should be a bigger issue than a small thing, right?

You're looking at someone who analyzed the Mushroom Kingdom's government and discovered it was actually a principality. If something doesn't make sense to me, I'm not going to take it for granted.

You still haven't explained why it doesn't make sense.

Wait, what? You think Peach is a boy? That doesn't make sense to me...

When did I say Peach was a boy? You don't need to be male to rule a principality. After all, a princess is literally just a female prince, is she not?

That doesn't make it true.

Maybe, but it's up to interpretation. There are people who deny that Tails ever fought an army of birds on Cocoa Island, but they're no more correct than the ones who don't. As long as it's set in the game universe and has an actual story, there's no evidence for or against its being canon. Therefore, my opinion that the Nocturne echidnas are a part of the game universe is valid.

What does it matter if it's large or small? And if anything, a large thing not making logical sense should be a bigger issue than a small thing, right?

Allow me to clarify. Sonic has been established as having blue fur and being able to run at high speeds. This is something intrinsic to him, that can be expected to show up in every incarnation of the character. Things like the shape of his feet, or whether his eyes are connected, are simply an aesthetic feature.

Why are we talking about what is and isn't canon in a topic about character designs? Go find a topic about canon somewhere and hash it out there if you want to keep on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why are we talking about what is and isn't canon in a topic about character designs? Go find a topic about canon somewhere and hash it out there if you want to keep on.

You're right, I shouldn't have let myself get sidetracked like that. Mea culpa, guys!

Even if the events of the game didn't actually occur (not yet at any rate), that doesn't mean the Nocturne Tribe (and therefore echidnas with fingers) doesn't exist. Without them, Angel Island wouldn't be flying and Sonic Battle wouldn't happened.
...that was completely beside the point I gave you over Chronicles being non-canon, because I said nothing about the fingers. Nor were the Nocturnus responsible for Angel Island flying, and you of all people know that you have no proof to that claim to back them. Edit: whoops! Tapatalk didn't update the thread for me to see Nep's post.

...that was completely beside the point I gave you over Chronicles being non-canon, because I said nothing about the fingers. Nor were the Nocturnus responsible for Angel Island flying, and you of all people know that you have no proof to that claim to back them. Edit: whoops! Tapatalk didn't update the thread for me to see Nep's post.

They were the primary catalyst though. If the Nocturnes didn't exist, the Knuckle Tribe wouldn't have had to fight them, meaning they wouldn't have stolen the Chaos Emeralds and provoked Chaos' fury, meaning Tikal wouldn't have had to seal him in the Master Emerald, which is how Angel Island became an island in the first place!

As for the fingers, I was just reiterating that Chronicles showed that male echidnas have normal hands. Now, let's abandon this topic and focus on Sonic Boom.

They were the primary catalyst though. If the Nocturnes didn't exist, the Knuckle Tribe wouldn't have had to fight them, meaning they wouldn't have stolen the Chaos Emeralds and provoked Chaos' fury, meaning Tikal wouldn't have had to seal him in the Master Emerald, which is how Angel Island became an island in the first place!
meaning they would still have stolen the Chaos Emeralds anyway and provoked Chaos' wrath by harming the Chao in the process. There's plenty of ambiguity here that doesn't require the Nocturnus to be the catalyst. s far as fingers go, I really can't see the big deal on Knuckles. Mind you, I prefer more human parts, things like toes and fingers on the characters because that's just how I look at anthromorphic characters.

Okay, so moving on...

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of 'fixes' going on in this thread, at least ones for Sonic and Knuckles. Are people generally okay with the designs, or just accepting them? There's very little I'd want to change, but there are a couple of things. For one, Knuckles' entire head looks really weird when his dreads are upturned. I think they should be a lot more rigid, so as to keep their general shape. And Sonic's scarf - I'm not sure if red might be a better colour for it. While it fits his existing colour scheme better and is much more striking to look at in red, in brown it's a lot more subtle.

Personally the only things that I really feel need to be fixed is to just make sonic slightly shorter (or at least make it so that he doesn't look as awkward while running) and to slim down knuckles' upper body just a tad but besides those im perfectly okay with the designs right now.

Honestly, I's change quite a bit. First, I'd give them their normal designs and then just add all the new stuff like the scarf, Tails gear (And some brown gloves), Amy's new clothes. Knuckles would just stay the same as in the games or be give a more tribal look.

I found this on Google while looking for a pic to describe what I mean (Though it's not quite what I meant. That was something like this):

No_4_Knuckles_the_Echidna_by_Dantemustdi

Take the pants, goggles and shirt away and I'd be OK with that. Change the spikes to look less like they're out of metal. I like the bandages on the dreads and tail. Maybe give him a bit darker skin like in Adventure 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so moving on...

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of 'fixes' going on in this thread, at least ones for Sonic and Knuckles. Are people generally okay with the designs, or just accepting them? There's very little I'd want to change, but there are a couple of things. For one, Knuckles' entire head looks really weird when his dreads are upturned. I think they should be a lot more rigid, so as to keep their general shape. And Sonic's scarf - I'm not sure if red might be a better colour for it. While it fits his existing colour scheme better and is much more striking to look at in red, in brown it's a lot more subtle.

Rolling with the idea that this is an alternate series that wants to look visually distinct, there really isn't much I'd change. For Tails, I'd probably get rid of the wrappings on his shoes, but otherwise he's fine. Amy, maybe some changes to the colors, but nothing significant.

Sonic, there are 3 things that bother me. One, I'd prefer his proportions be closer to Modern Sonic. He could still be a bit taller, maybe, but it feels like they went a bit too far here.Two, the color of his scarf could be a bit brighter, more distinct from his skin tone. And three, this being specifically for the 3D models...don't put that one loose spine on the top dead-center. Offset it to one side or the other. It just looks goofy from the front.

Knuckles, I'd prefer his old bigass mitten-fists, and maybe make him not quite so huge. I'm fine with him being clearly the biggest and bulkiest of the group, but I wouldn't go as far as they did. Might also help if they added some article of clothing to him; compared to Sonic and Tails, he looks kind of naked with just a little tape added.

None of these are make-or-break to me, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so moving on...

I'm okay with everyone else except Knuckles. I'm merely tolerating his design due to this being an alternate setting.

The funny thing about his design is that I probably wouldn't mind him having more of stronger upper body, just that the way he looks in Boom still looks weird. Sonic I never really had a problem with, at least not anything that makes me look at him odd. Although I do think that a red scarf/neckerchief would look better on him for the same reasons you laid out.

The funny thing about his design is that I probably wouldn't mind him having more of stronger upper body, just that the way he looks in Boom still looks weird.

I think he should either be shorter or have thicker legs. I like the idea of Knuckles having a stockier build, but as it is he just looks top-heavy. His nose should also be longer in my opinion.

My biggest complaint is with Amy however. Her color scheme has too much red in it. A green dress would go better with her pink fur, and would contrast nicely with the other three's colors.

ewww.....why you uploaded one of my old pics, it hurts my eyes! 

(Wish I had better color pencils back then)

You drew it? :o I really like it. And I thought the colors were great.

• Thumbs Up 1

You drew it? ohmy.png I really like it. And I thought the colors were great.

Colouring pencils come out really well through the scanner.

Don't underestimate the power of simple colouring pencils, Dante.

They made Amy's arms peach because she's a girl and shaves her arms to make her appear as if she's wearing a sleeveless top.

Sonic was given blue arms so it gave the illusion he was wearing a jacket.

But why does it need to "look" like he's wearing a jacket? Just give him an actual jacket or make his arms peach. Also, can someone fix this topic? The views are broken, so even if someone posts something new, it still keeps sinking down. What's with that?

But why does it need to "look" like he's wearing a jacket? Just give him an actual jacket or make his arms peach. Also, can someone fix this topic? The views are broken, so even if someone posts something new, it still keeps sinking down. What's with that?

Why give him a jacket when you can make his arms blue?

Why ask random people for an answer that could only be know by the people working on the designs then act as if it means anything when they cant answer?