Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

Why give him a jacket when you can make his arms blue?

Why ask random people for an answer that could only be know by the people working on the designs then act as if it means anything when they cant answer?

If its suppose to look like he's wearing a jacket, then the question is why not just give him an actual jacket? What you said doesn't make any sense as counter question.

Also he's not asking anyone here for real, its just a general question, Rhetorical question.

BRB have already said that they first tried giving Sonic clothes, and SEGA said no repeatedly. So that's why they didn't put him in a jacket. And personally, I'm totally with SEGA on this one. Anything more than the scarf would have been too much. As for why they then coloured his arms blue, we can speculate that this was to make him appear less naked and bring him into line with the rest of the male and unclothed cast.

• Thumbs Up 3

If its suppose to look like he's wearing a jacket, then the question is why not just give him an actual jacket? What you said doesn't make any sense as counter question.

Also he's not asking anyone here for real, its just a general question, Rhetorical question.

It seemed to me that he was trying to imply what they should have done is just give him a jacket instead changing his arm color(if that's not the case i apologize)

Well I want to ask , why?

Just so his arms wont be blue and he can stay the same?

What makes giving him a jacket the better option?

If you're just saying it would fit your taste then that's fine.

I'm not horribly bothered by Sonic, Tails, and Amy, although it would be nice to add more detail to the models. As for Knuckles.............okay then.

BRB have already said that they first tried giving Sonic clothes, and SEGA said no repeatedly. So that's why they didn't put him in a jacket. And personally, I'm totally with SEGA on this one. Anything more than the scarf would have been too much.

I'm personally wondering what exactly constitutes as "too much" aside from reading it as "I don't like it". Especially given this being a alternate universe anyway where a lot of the rules are completely different.

Not that I haven't had my own issues with changes, but I don't see how more clothes is too much.

I'm personally wondering what exactly constitutes as "too much" aside from reading it as "I don't like it". Especially given this being a alternate universe anyway where a lot of the rules are completely different.

Not that I haven't had my own issues with changes, but I don't see how more clothes is too much.

Too much of a change, for one. I just don't think male Sonic characters need clothes. And besides, as far as this goes, "I don't like it" is perfectly fair and all the justification I need give.

Too much of a change, for one. I just don't think male Sonic characters need clothes. And besides, as far as this goes, "I don't like it" is perfectly fair and all the justification I need give.
Yeah, not as far as I'm concerned if its given without elaboration. I prefer there be substance behind it so I can understand why, or at least try to. And with the freedom they were given for this alternate setting as it is, I don't get how clothes would be an issue. I mean, we still have SEGASonic were things are normal so why not let this one try to stand more on its own?

Boom already stands out on its own. As much as Boom is it's own thing, there has to be brand consistency maintained. If it's an important aspect of the general character design in SEGA Sonic, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to change it even in Boom.

The substance behind my opinion is that it works the way it is, I like it the way it is and do not like the idea of clothes on male characters otherwise. Opinions are peoples own preferences. Not everything needs explaining in massive detail.

If there's one thing I'm really fed up of here, it's the insinuation that someone's opinion is wrong if they don't adequately back it up by someone else's standards. I've said my piece, and you're more than welcome to disagree. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm done for now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Boom already stands out on its own. As much as Boom is it's own thing, there has to be brand consistency maintained. If it's an important aspect of the general character design in SEGA Sonic, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to change it even in Boom.

And I sincerely doubt that brand consistency would be ruined by the addition of more clothes when people can still identify Sonic when they see him. That's as consistent as you can go regardless of what he wears; if it looks like Sonic, and act like Sonic, then it's still Sonic. Whether it does or doesn't have more clothes, I'm not seeing the point of that kind of conservatism when it's taking a lot of liberties as is. Which is the main reason I'm tolerant of what it's doing when any other time I'd be really upset.

The substance behind my opinion is that it works the way it is, I like it the way it is and do not like the idea of clothes on male characters otherwise. Opinions are peoples own preferences. Not everything needs explaining in massive detail.

As far as I'm concerned, it needs as much detail as necessary so I can see the point behind it.

If there's one thing I'm really fed up of here, it's the insinuation that someone's opinion is wrong if they don't adequately back it up by someone else's standards. I've said my piece, and you're more than welcome to disagree. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm done for now.

This coming right after I said they should back it up so I can understand the point, or at least try to? :V

Really no need to put words in anyone's mouth and get upset just because someone's challenging your opinion, because nowhere did I say you were wrong. That's why I prefer people backing up their points, so that even if I disagree I can see where they're coming from. How they heck is someone suppose to understand anything if all you do is leave it at "I don't like it" without explaining why?

• Thumbs Up 3

Because there's nothing more to understand than "I don't like it".

Yeah, there is. There's a matter of why you don't like it, which we could have discussed without you getting mad for asking you to elaborate. Because now you're just dismissing it as "my opinion, fuck you for asking".
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I was talking with Indigo Rush, and decided to try some making some slight adjustments based on our thoughts. Take a look:

Original:
12799899814_4c81fc7f48_c.jpg

Edited:12800508194_550d5b107e_c.jpg

Tails: Unchanged. He looks absolutely fine the way he is. 
Sonic: Red scarf. It matches his original, iconic colour scheme and I think better suits his personality.
Knuckles: Shorter legs, shorter torso and less bulky but still very muscular. His arms have remained unchanged, so they're proportionally larger now.
Amy: Pink arms and white sports tape. I tried changing her socks too, but they look really bad in white.

What do you think? I only wanted to tweak them and not really change anything because to be honest I really like the designs.

Oh interesting thing about Amy. Check out this snapshot from the trailer:

12799925764_3c3e99c147_c.jpg

I didn't edit it at all. Guessing it's a slightly earlier build of the game back when Amy had white sports tape.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't know about the scarf. I see what you were trying to do, but it just looks weird to me...

I don't know about the scarf. I see what you were trying to do, but it just looks weird to me...

It has it's pros and cons. On the plus side is that it matches Sonic's existing colour scheme. And being a a fun, pretty expressive character the red shows of his personality. On the other hand, it makes the scarf stand out a lot more. The brown helps it blend it a bit more.

Also, fixed Knuckles torso.

I prefer Amy with the magentaish arm wrappings, actually. I like the contrast between them and the gold bracelets.

I think she could use some white and/or gold on her shoes, though.

Damn, I've seen so many fan edits that I totally forgot just how tall Knuckles is. It's weird oO

I like yours Blue Blood, but I do prefer Amy with peach arms. There's already a lot of pinks and reds on her, so it's nice to see somehting with a different color. Not sure about the scarf color. Both look good to me.

My favorite fan edit was probably though. Generally, I wish they'd have just used the SEGA models and added their stuff, but his seemed like a good compromise.

The design of Knuckles seems to had been earlier that he was going to have trousers on:

tumblr_n1kqjtkJ951rku8ybo5_500.png

Would that had been slightly better?

The design of Knuckles seems to had been earlier that he was going to have trousers on:

Ya, the proportioning would have made a LOT more sense, as the pants would have filled out the lower torso

• Thumbs Up 3

No thanks. But they could always make his legs a bit thicker and maybe a bit shorter to balance him out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knux would look cool in some baggy gangsta jeans buuuut then it would be weird seeing Knuckles wearing trousers, whilst Tails and Sonic run around au naturel. =P

• Thumbs Up 3

So I was talking with Indigo Rush, and decided to try some making some slight adjustments based on our thoughts. Take a look:

Tails: Unchanged. He looks absolutely fine the way he is. 

Sonic: Red scarf. It matches his original, iconic colour scheme and I think better suits his personality.

Knuckles: Shorter legs, shorter torso and less bulky but still very muscular. His arms have remained unchanged, so they're proportionally larger now.

Amy: Pink arms and white sports tape. I tried changing her socks too, but they look really bad in white.

What do you think? I only wanted to tweak them and not really change anything because to be honest I really like the designs.

I wouldn't catch any of the changes on Amy, so she's fine. I like the red scarf on Sonic much better than the brown, fits with his shoes and is much more eye-catching.

Knuckles? Not trying to be stubborn, but I still don't like his general build, tall or short. I wouldn't mind a muscular Knuckles, but I've seen some appealing designs than what Boom has for him, ironically based on Boom itself.

Knux would look cool in some baggy gangsta jeans buuuut then it would be weird seeing Knuckles wearing trousers, whilst Tails and Sonic run around au naturel. =P

Sonic and Tails just took the advice from Donald duck and let their bottoms go free. :D 

Knux was hanging out too much with Mickey to notice.

I wouldn't catch any of the changes on Amy, so she's fine. I like the red scarf on Sonic much better than the brown, fits with his shoes and is much more eye-catching.

Knuckles? Not trying to be stubborn, but I still don't like his general build, tall or short. I wouldn't mind a muscular Knuckles, but I've seen some appealing designs than what Boom has for him, ironically based on Boom itself.

Like or dislike whatever you want tongue.png Personally, I really enjoy all the the official Boom designs, and these are just adjustments that I would make personally. I would like to see some of the Knuckles designs you prefer though, for the sake of curiosity.

I went back and made one final revised version. Amy's got her purple sleeves and tan arms back, but I changed the colouring on her shoes. It actually more resembles her in-game model where her shoes are the same pinkish-red and white as her dress. Knuckles has got slightly longer legs again, and I also made them a bit thicker so they're less like twigs.

12823012534_ee217157ba_c.jpg

So yeah, just as I like the Modern and Classic designs a whole bunch, I'd say all of them could do with a few tweaks and Boom is no exception. Still happy with what we've got though, particularly because they'll make very awesome merch. Here's hoping we get some high quality, highly detailed figures/statues and not just Tomy's toys.

• Thumbs Up 6

Like or dislike whatever you want tongue.png Personally, I really enjoy all the the official Boom designs, and these are just adjustments that I would make personally. I would like to see some of the Knuckles designs you prefer though, for the sake of curiosity.

Preferably something that doesn't make him too bulky. There's this one look that, while not perfect I find much more appealing for Knuckles.BOOMING_zps957a9d61.jpg

Then there's this drawing that I think really looks much better for Boom Knuckles. Although the head is still somewhat off-ish.

tumblr_n0n9w3im641qjoleso4_500.png

It gives him slightly more pronounced elbows and knees, but I find it a much better look if he were to have a bigger build compared to how his official design is. Though we are looking at him from an angle, so I'm not fully sure.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm more or less fine with the new designs. Blue arms on Sonic do kind of bother me though, and I really don't think that Knuckles needs to be that ripped, but other than that, I'm cool with the new looks. Tails looks freaking adorable and Amy.... well, Amy just looks awesome.