Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

This character seems to have a small tail though and her hair is a bit fuzzy as well, she looks like her but she doesn't. I'm pretty sure she's a new character.

This character seems to have a small tail though and her hair is a bit fuzzy as well, she looks like her but she doesn't. I'm pretty sure she's a new character.

That or a drastic Redesign. I mean, Knuckles is bigger, what's wrong with them doing a little more with lesser known characters?

Personally, I see it as Marine, but... well you could certainly be right too.

Lovely find. Now... can we get a source please? Sorry, I just hate it when people post stuff without a source. Not that there's anything to doubt, it's just... ya know...

Moving on... Marine or not, this piece of are dome share some similarities with her. First  of all, the orange and brown fur along with the blue eye is pretty clear. Then you've got the boomerang. While Marine never used one, there's little more typical of the stereotypical Australian, and Marine was nothing if not that. And then there's her mis-match shoes. Marine was always pretty scatterbrained, not the most composed of characters. Non-matching clothing represents that pretty well.

But there are differences too. Her raccoon-like stripes are missing, as is her tail. They're pretty important, no? I'm also kind of surprised she's without her gloves. I thought SEGA would have been a bit more strict about all existing characters keeping them, but it's perfectly possible I suppose that BRB could change that if SEGA allowed.

It's gotta be Marine. Unless there just so happens to be another orange and brown Austrailian female character with a similar face structure.. which I highly doubt, considering they're willing to tweak designs to whatever it seems they see as fit. Could be a relative of her's if it's not her.

I think it's possible that's a Boom version of Marine. If not, it could very well be a character based off of her.

Im actually shocked I'm JUST NOW finding out about Marine, yeah that's totally Marine, I highly doubt that's a different character all together.

And hey, it looks like we have another character based of an old PS2 platform hero!

Image0030.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

And hey, it looks like we have another character based of an old PS2 platform hero!

Based on? That's a real stretch based on nothing more than a boomerang.

Based on? That's a real stretch based on nothing more than a boomerang.

Oh I know, I'm just being silly. :P

Even the boomerang has sports tape :V

If it is Marine, it's a pretty nice redesign. I like her Aika-esque hair especially. I'm going to miss her lime green top and shoes though, since they provided a lovely contrast to the earthy colours of her fur.

And if it's not Marine, it's still a good Sonic Character design. That turtle character next to her though? Less so.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really like the design. The pig tails make the shape of the head look weird (I'm guessing they wanted it to look like a boomerang, but her original design already had both pig tails look like boomerangs.). I prefer her original clothes. The lack of tail is also weird. She also seems to be older.

Curious what happen to her tail, assuming if the character really is Marine or not.

But whatever, it's a really cute design.

I agree, the design is nice. Personally, the lack of a tail doesn't really bother me in the slightest.

I doubt it's Marine, since she looks different even when compared to the other redesigns we've seen, but then again, significant redesigns have been done on characters before, so I'll keep my mind open to the possibility.

She lacks a tail and looks much older than SEGA!Marine, but the similarities are uncanny. Same colour fur and eyes, boomerang weapon (she's Australian!)...maybe it's a coincidence? Personally I hope it's Marine cos I like her and her design is nice. At least it looks Sonic-y, unlike the turtle.

I really wish we had the original picture already. If you look closely, on the second row to the bottom, directly above Tails' plane, is a red vehicle with Knuckles beside it. And there's a host of other characters too.

• Thumbs Up 1

A redesign that drastic can only be "based on Marine" or "Marine in name only" rather than "actually Marine," in my opinion.  The similarities are few and broad; the differences, many.  The character evokes a completely different impression.

The full image has a pretty cool Sonic Boom logo on the screen in the back that homages the S&K logo.  I don't know if we'd seen that before; I haven't been following the Boom news too closely recently.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wish we had the original picture already. If you look closely, on the second row to the bottom, directly above Tails' plane, is a red vehicle with Knuckles beside it. And there's a host of other characters too.

My apologies. I still don't a place to upload, so I just decided to crop 'em.

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o1_250.jpg

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o2_500.png

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o3_1280.png

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o4_400.png

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o5_1280.png

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o6_1280.png

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o7_500.png

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o8_250.png

That girl in the second-to-last pic looks suspiciously like Tikal.

• Thumbs Up 7

tumblr_n2a48m7FL31r1alb2o7_500.png

That girl in the second-to-last pic looks suspiciously like Tikal.

I see where you're going with that but the angle makes it incredibly hard to tell.

Is it wrong for me to say I like the robot designs way more than the anthro ones?

Don't get me wrong, seeing other anthros that are different species is great and all, but eh, it might give me some time to have them grow on me like the main four and Eggman's redesigns.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about a Sonic Boom game :P nah joking. But while I'm impartial to the robots, I see where you're coming from. They do look quite... bland?

Just look at what they did at poor Emerl ;__;

Because yeah, even if that's not Emerl it's clearly visaully based on it, from palette to head structure and all. Except made all "super zany steampunk-esque tim burton robot!" Half expect these robots to start sounding like clockwork and capturing souls.

I dunno what feels so off about these robots, frankly. I mean I can pinpoint what feels off to me about the animals, but the robots look even worse but I can't pinpoint why other than vague feelings of "seems out of a bland french comic".

Yeah, the robots don't really fit with the Sonic universe but it will take time to get used to, just like Knuckles redesign. The anthros look pretty good, some look like they fit in the Sonic universe while others look like they came from any other animal cartoon.